AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-04, 17:02   Link #2441
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
While I expect wyhupn to get a lynching for that, this has happened before...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-02-04, 17:28   Link #2442
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
It is a lie, according to this article. Kadokawa supposedly stated that it's just a rebroadcast scheduled for TV Tama and other stations.
Exactly! That's why I was 9000% skeptical about the new haruhi. It's another hoax!
Old 2009-02-04, 18:04   Link #2443
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Hahaha.

Hahahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAA!
Old 2009-02-04, 18:32   Link #2444
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyhupn View Post
LOL @ everyone who got excited
Exactly

Everyone is becoming mad....mad I say.
I couldn't help but laugh like a mad person when I read the update on this announcement 8D

But like what -wtf- said, this is ridiculous. No, way beyond ridiculous on misleading marketing. Sure, give us new pretty pictures to look at & a mini crack series but it's not gonna make the fans any more happy.

We just want to know ANYTHING about S2 just for the sake of it, not this crap about them not being "ready" for the official announcement. They had 3 years....3 YEARS. It doesn't hurt for them to let us peek alittle.

/end of RAGGGGE coming on.
Old 2009-02-04, 18:37   Link #2445
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I knew it. I saw this kind of misguided hope before and so I didn't get my hopes up and I'm glad I didn't. Thats another headache avoided. At this point I just can't get excited anymore and I'll just be glad if it ever does happen. Until then I'm not going to spill excitement over anything thats not the official anouncement.
Old 2009-02-04, 18:56   Link #2446
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Not sure which one is worse, the fans burning themselves or Kadokawa burning the fans.

I can really see the difference between the True Haruhists whom I joined this forum to hang out with and those who catch on to Haruhism later. Thoose whose join dates are 2007 and later seem to be terribly negative.

Your faith only lasts for less than 2 years?

I'll wait for the magazine itself and even if it is the mega troll outcome, I'll still remain positive. The fact they realise fans are still waiting for something and have been playing with the fan's patience, means they're just dragging, it will eventually happen.

Munto 5 years, FMP unclear.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-02-04, 19:41   Link #2447
myopius

I think it's unreasonable to tell Haruhi fans "LOL you let yourself get trolled" when the magazine cover was far stronger of a hint that a second season would really, truly be arriving soon than any of the other "hints"...

"TV anime broadcasts commence in April"
"The Haruhi TV anime is finally underway!"

The first sentence, we now know refers to the first season. The second sentence, I'm pretty sure, does refer to the second season, because it uses the word "finally" (to imply it was anticipated, although they could just be trolling and pretending the reairing was anticipated) and "underway" (implies production, so hopefully they'll post some art or talk about content... if it just means "still being planned" then that is so misleading I'd call it a direct lie). What they did there by putting both those sentences on the cover was extremely misleading, and they must have known it. It's not nearly as vague as weird camera footage.

I didn't feel crushed because I don't have it as rough ever since I removed the plot from what makes me want to see the second season, by reading ahead.

Also, for some reason, when I heard the April announcement, my reaction was, "Oh, April? That's actually still 2 months away. I have a lot of stuff I have to focus on between now and then, so I'll just be happy with the knowledge that it'll air and be patient." Hearing April actually helped settle me. Finding out the truth truly dismayed me, but it didn't feel like I came down from a high.

It's nice that we'll know what else the NewType issue says within a week. Like everyone else here, I won't be on the edge of my seat, but I certainly won't cut myself off from the news. (I'll just make sure I think about the wording of all translated statements very carefully, and ignore the headlines on the anime news sites).
Old 2009-02-04, 19:52   Link #2448
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Why a bokukko?
Sorry for late reply.
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2009-02-04, 19:54   Link #2449
typhonsentra

You know, I don't think I'm ever going to buy another product associated with any of these companies again. I'm sick of the bullshit man, both Kadokawa and Kyoto Animation. 3 years man, 3 years just to release a visual representation of an existing story.
Old 2009-02-04, 19:59   Link #2450
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Sorry for late reply.
Spoiler for answer:
"Bokukko" as in girl who says "boku." I wondered that too, when I saw the comic thingy. '_'
Old 2009-02-04, 20:22   Link #2451
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
You know, I don't think I'm ever going to buy another product associated with any of these companies again. I'm sick of the bullshit man, both Kadokawa and Kyoto Animation. 3 years man, 3 years just to release a visual representation of an existing story.

Don't blame the animators and distributors, blame the fans who overhyped this series.

The least we can do is wait for the original source to finish. Last time I checked Tanigawa has no plans to finish this series.
Old 2009-02-04, 20:23   Link #2452
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Lammmmmmmeeeeee.

So lame, I swear, this just pisses me off.

Well let's just see how long this lasts for.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2009-02-04, 20:26   Link #2453
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Don't blame the animators and distributors, blame the fans who overhyped this series.
If this turns out to be another false alarm, I would blame the distributors, though. Because using the picture of Haruhi with long hair and black uniform, which is clearly from Disappearance, to announce just a rerun of the first season? That's toying with the fans.
Old 2009-02-04, 20:34   Link #2454
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well also using a scene of Nagato (with glasses) with Ryoko in what looks like Nagato's place....that's also quite Disappearance related.
And this was their commercial, before moving onto Gundam 00 (which should be ending in March).
Old 2009-02-04, 21:04   Link #2455
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
I think it's unreasonable to tell Haruhi fans "LOL you let yourself get trolled" when the magazine cover was far stronger of a hint that a second season would really, truly be arriving soon than any of the other "hints"...

"TV anime broadcasts commence in April"
"The Haruhi TV anime is finally underway!"

The first sentence, we now know refers to the first season. The second sentence, I'm pretty sure, does refer to the second season, because it uses the word "finally" (to imply it was anticipated, although they could just be trolling and pretending the reairing was anticipated) and "underway" (implies production, so hopefully they'll post some art or talk about content... if it just means "still being planned" then that is so misleading I'd call it a direct lie). What they did there by putting both those sentences on the cover was extremely misleading, and they must have known it. It's not nearly as vague as weird camera footage.

I didn't feel crushed because I don't have it as rough ever since I removed the plot from what makes me want to see the second season, by reading ahead.

Also, for some reason, when I heard the April announcement, my reaction was, "Oh, April? That's actually still 2 months away. I have a lot of stuff I have to focus on between now and then, so I'll just be happy with the knowledge that it'll air and be patient." Hearing April actually helped settle me. Finding out the truth truly dismayed me, but it didn't feel like I came down from a high.

It's nice that we'll know what else the NewType issue says within a week. Like everyone else here, I won't be on the edge of my seat, but I certainly won't cut myself off from the news. (I'll just make sure I think about the wording of all translated statements very carefully, and ignore the headlines on the anime news sites).
I hope you're right, or everything that Kadokawa released since end of Melancholy is a giant middle finger.
Old 2009-02-04, 21:33   Link #2456
BradF
Evac
*IT Support

Ima wait for scans from the mag first.
Old 2009-02-04, 21:54   Link #2457
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Same as BradF. I don't see why Kadokawa would place a Haruhi image on the front of their magazine for a rerun, and then go through the trouble of making a commercial saying it has news about the "relaunch" of Haruhi.

...Unless the wording was there to con people into watching something they've already seen for ratings.

But again, I'll wait on the magazine to actually come out. I highly doubt Kadokawa would like for news like this to come out before it's magazine is out, so it's possible they're trying to cover things up. It's too much to go about all that trouble for a rerun, in my opinion, as rare as reruns in Japan are.

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Old 2009-02-04, 22:05   Link #2458
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Come what come may.
I patiently await the day.
When the lilac-haired one returns,
To bless us with her smile.
That will make it all worthwhile.

This is why I don't really follow commercials. When the actual episode débuts, it débuts; and seriously speaking folks... I have waited over a decade for some sequels.

Cheers.
Old 2009-02-04, 22:15   Link #2459
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
"Bokukko" as in girl who says "boku." I wondered that too, when I saw the comic thingy. '_'
Spoiler for off topic reply:
Old 2009-02-04, 22:43   Link #2460
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Spoiler for off topic reply:
> orekko
Shiki~
Closed Thread

Tags