Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-26, 17:56   Link #1
lommm
l'homme de lommm

[Manga] Chapter 260 Discussion

ch260 - "RIGHT ARM OF THE GIANT..."

Well, well, well...

This chapter will certainly answer a lot of questions people have had about Chad since he first got his arm powers way back in chapter ... 15? (someone tell me when it was and I'll edit to list the appropriate chapter)
Whenever it happened, it's finally come to pass. Chad figured out what he is. And he was kind enough to tell the rest of us...

Spoiler for summary of chapter 260:

well, my thoughts:
Spoiler:

Last edited by lommm; 2007-01-26 at 18:37.
Old 2007-01-26, 18:34   Link #2
epyon96

Wow.

A very neat attempt to transform a previously unpopular (not unlikable but merely someone you ignore most of the time) character like Chad into a character that deserves spotlight.

Epyon
Old 2007-01-26, 18:35   Link #3
Lendial

wow that is way too uber, he suddenly goes from a chump to a formidable opponent in 2 chaps. it was nice how his power had a past and explaination(somewhat) rather than a uber super god power randomly given to him kinda thing.
Old 2007-01-26, 18:39   Link #4
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i know. it's a much better story than "oh this? I picked it up when I was at the hospital."

It makes me wonder though... was Chad ever really in Mexico? Or did he come from Hueco Mundo and he just remembers it as Mexico because of the cactus and the Spanish and all...?
Old 2007-01-26, 18:52   Link #5
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I think of Chad's BRAZO DERECHO DEL GIGANTE, BRAZO IZQUIERDO DEL DIABLO more as.....
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-26, 18:59   Link #6
lommm
l'homme de lommm

That's a good point. If more people think that way, I will go and amend the summary. But I'm stepping out for the evening so I will check back later. though i would add,
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-26, 19:22   Link #7
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I can foresee the next Shounen-Manga power-ups for Chad.

...Left Leg of the Lolicon, Right Leg of the Angel...

Body Armor of the Spaniard...
Old 2007-01-26, 19:25   Link #8
lommm
l'homme de lommm

...tattoos of the yakuza...

...groin of the otaku...
Old 2007-01-26, 19:36   Link #9
kagato3

Just moveing what i said in the 259 thread over here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
260 RAW is out. Will do a summary of the chapter later if I have the time and nobody else has done it.

Spoiler for chp 260:
Spoiler for chp 260:

Not sure I would call it a cheap plot device.
Spoiler for chp 260:
Old 2007-01-26, 19:57   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

@Kagato3

Doesnt that arm remind you of Aizen's arm , the arm Aizen used to extract Hogyoku
Old 2007-01-26, 20:01   Link #11
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3
I think that Chad no longer being a puching bag is an understatement with what happend in the chapter. Given that the guy he is fighting should be as strong or stronger then any of the non espada that came to earth and most of SS captains, all Mr 107 has been able to do is maybe muss Chad's hair, and given Chad's hair style even thats debateable. Even after he released he wasn't even able to scratch him with a super cero blast. This chapter has cemented my belife that Chad will be on the main fighting team all the way to the end game of the manga.
Yeah, but let's not forget that the Tres Cifras aren't the true enemies of this arc. They are captain-level at best and probably not the stronger captains either (Dol Doni stated that Ichigo in just his bankai form could've easily defeated him). So Chad and Ishida have indeed been powered up, but this might just be a set up for them to take a big fall later on when they start fighting the real opponents. When they start fighting the Espada, Chad might once again find himself in a situation similar to when he tried to fight Shunsui.
Old 2007-01-26, 21:51   Link #12
Deathwing
what do i know

this makes wonder if Orihime has some suped up hollow power since her and chads powers are somewhat similar (meaning their not shinigami and their not quincy so they have to be someting else)

Also im happy chad finally isnt a usless character
Old 2007-01-26, 22:28   Link #13
gibits
Endless

So Chad is southpaw? Awesome, I was wondering when another lefty would show up.
Old 2007-01-27, 02:09   Link #14
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yeah, but let's not forget that the Tres Cifras aren't the true enemies of this arc. They are captain-level at best and probably not the stronger captains either (Dol Doni stated that Ichigo in just his bankai form could've easily defeated him). So Chad and Ishida have indeed been powered up, but this might just be a set up for them to take a big fall later on when they start fighting the real opponents. When they start fighting the Espada, Chad might once again find himself in a situation similar to when he tried to fight Shunsui.
Maybe, maybe not. The current enemies in this arc have all been Tres Cifra and so far in this arc Azein has gone out of his way to keep the Espada out of the fight. So they might not even play that big of a role in this arc and might infact be the enemies for the next arc. At least to me It seems much too early in the seires to bring out the "big guns" unless Azein already has the Vasterlords waiting in the wings.

Also keep in mind that Chad was wipeing the floor with Mr 107 to the point he had to release and he still couldn't hurt Chad at all. I mean the Renji/Byakuya fight was much less one sided then this one is turning out to be.

And as many have stated before it's pointless to use Ichigo as a standard for power levels as Ulqi even pointed out that Ichigo's power level is very unstable and it ranges from "trash" to over Ulqi's own and he is belived to be in the top 5 of the Espada if not #1

One question this does bring up is how much stronger is Renji now? I mean they were practicing with each other in order to help Chad gain these powers under Mr "short cut to power" Urahara for over a month.
Old 2007-01-27, 04:50   Link #15
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Its pretty huge a leap in power for chad isnt it. I expected his power to have some kind of a limit, because in soul society, his arm sucked up his life power, maybe his new arm will have a new effect. Im getting a feeling kubo just wants to get this chapter over with, cause never in soul society arc has there been such a one sided fight to the point where even when the enemy releases, you continue owning him.
Old 2007-01-27, 05:14   Link #16
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
That's a pretty interesting question. However wouldn't it be kind of strange, that out of all places in the world he incidentially got to the city where all the retired Shinigami are living?
well, we still know nothing of his father and mother. and if you think about it, someone's above comment makes sense. chad's arm does look a lot like Aizen's arm when he transformed it to take out the hougyoku from Rukia's body. what if Aizen placed Chad in shinigami retirement-filled Karakura? only time will tell, but already i can sense that Chad will be tempted by the dark side. the ... um... force is stong in him...? does Chad have a reiatsu? like how Quincies don't really have a reiatsu... does chad?

and yeah, it was a joke about Seelen Schneider... though i actually do like this writing quite a bit more than some apparently.
Old 2007-01-27, 05:16   Link #17
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Frankly, who didn't see this coming? It took a while, (( ever since Chad's power surfacing )), but they've finally revealed that Chad's power is Hollow-ish based. The arm design screams Hollow in the first place.

So... I'm hoping Chad's next power-up (( if anymore )) covers him whole body ala Venom.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-01-27, 06:57   Link #18
MrHahn

Send a message via MSN to MrHahn
You know, those jokes about Chad speaking spanish and therefore being a hollow sort of came true.
Old 2007-01-27, 09:07   Link #19
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Well i hope his power up dosent cover his whole body because basically, EVERYONE is expecting it to be a full body power up. I mean, give us a surprise or something, it'll be more enjoyable.
Old 2007-01-27, 09:23   Link #20
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

If Chad does keep getting new abilities (aka more body armor) at some point they're going to have introduce a weakness to the powers. He can't just keep growing stronger and stronger so quickly without there being a price to pay, especially if the powers are hollow-based.
Closed Thread