AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 16:27   Link #1021
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Hoho I whine and 1 hour later a sub appears..haha

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 16:34   Link #1022
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Hoho I whine and 1 hour later a sub appears..haha
LOL see patience really is a virtue
Old 2010-04-09, 18:31   Link #1023
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Edited as hadnt meant to tread on funny ground.

Finding stuff in the UK is a pain, it gets licensed in the US then arrives here whenever, usually very late!
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-04-09 at 18:51.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 18:38   Link #1024
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Hi guys Im thinking of taking a look at this series as I like vampires, fantasy and all that jazz, and from the posts on the last 2 pages the anime seems done. Can anyone tell me which <forbidden> the series so <forbidden>? My knowledge of usual places to check is a bit limited.

Thanks!
Dance in the Vampire Bund anime is licensed. Read the rules!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 18:43   Link #1025
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Heh based in the UK so even licensed in the US doesnt help me much here, Europe is very slow. I knew it was lincensed but hadnt realised it was banned to mention the names of groups which had done it, just thought you couldnt link, especially as people appeared to be discussing the subs. Apologies.
Old 2010-04-09, 19:57   Link #1026
Sol Falling

Funimation (i.e. the licensors) has the entire series up on streaming--I dunno if it's region blocked for the UK, but try here. Speaking of Funimation's streaming, I presume the episode 12 subs which showed up today are theirs, so I am off to watch. Will be back with comments later.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 20:57   Link #1027
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Speaking of Funimation's streaming, I presume the episode 12 subs which showed up today are theirs, so I am off to watch. Will be back with comments later.
Probably, since it was a 360p encode, which is generally webcast size.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 21:31   Link #1028
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

anther series that can be longer it feels that they left a lot out of it but it was good especially that fight at the end
Old 2010-04-10, 05:39   Link #1029
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Funimation (i.e. the licensors) has the entire series up on streaming--I dunno if it's region blocked for the UK, but try here. Speaking of Funimation's streaming, I presume the episode 12 subs which showed up today are theirs, so I am off to watch. Will be back with comments later.
Funi always region locks via thier site.
Old 2010-04-10, 11:10   Link #1030
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Interesting last episode it was cool getting a look at how Mina will look when she matures. She going to be freakin hot when she grows up in a couple hundred years lol. At least those 3 vampire lord bastards got put in there place. I took a lot of pleasure in watching them kneel before Miina lol. AKira and Miina's is quite strong and i doubt anyone could break it. Its very obvious of the love there it goes well beyond master and servant queen and knight. The ending with Yuki watching the two butterflies together was a nice touch. Would i like to see these two get together as lovers hell yea will it happen who knows. Even though Miina is suppose to carry on the pureblood blood line that does not mean eventually her emotions and Akiras wont get the better of them. I guess there will be a season 2 given that there is still a Miina clone out there vying for her own position. Meiran was a great character right up till the end the fact that she fought the same reasons Akira did made perfect sense to me its just a shame she had to die but she died with a smile while being held by Akira. The killing blow by Akira was nicely done sacrifice an arm to get the kill.

nicely done hopefully season 2 if and when it comes will be just as good.
Old 2010-04-10, 11:41   Link #1031
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Meiren was a tiger, I was close enough. This final episode was pretty much exactly what I predicted, but I didn't think Mina would manage to force those 3 bastards to kneel before her like this. It felt sooo good.

I wasn't very enthusiastic about Dance in the Vampire bund at the beginning but it definitely grew on me. The series had its up and downs, but it was good watch overall. Now to wait for a second season...
Old 2010-04-10, 16:49   Link #1032
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

The bowing scene was the highlight of this episode. Those guys got what they deserved.

I could have known Meiran was a feline. her eyes resembled those of a cat when they glowed. Still a shame she had to die, coz I liked her, even if she technically was the enemy.

I liked the alternative telling. I see too many people complaining that it didn't live up to the manga, but they forget that it wasn't supposed to do that in the first place. I think that the parts they did use were handled quite well overall. It wasn't perfect, but not a total waste of time either. I was right that it would get better over time after the first episode didn't move me much.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 16:53   Link #1033
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now to wait for a second season...
Which i feel myself wanting a lot more after how this last episode ended. Did help that i enjoyed the last episode the most out of the whole series.
Old 2010-04-11, 12:45   Link #1034
OkamiNoKaze

Well watched episode 12, It was interesting that they played the ending as the opening theme,, then used the opening song at the end. Werewolf vs Were tiger, very cool. As others have said, Mina making the three lord bow before her was awesome.

The series overall was pretty good. Seems it was just getting good and then it was over though, I hope there is a second series/season
Old 2010-04-11, 13:10   Link #1035
bigdeath

Having read the manga, I say my only problem was the start of the anime. Why they changed it from the original I have no idea but it wasn't as entertaining. The rest of the episodes where fine. And I was right that Meiren was last assassin. She did put up a nice fight, too bad she had to bite the dust. This legacy of the true blood is quite interesting. Theres an evil Mina clone out there....really?

Heres hoping for a season 2.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 14:57   Link #1036
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've heard hints of a second season, but hints also that it won't happen. The guy who did the music said that he was asked to do music for one cours with the idea there could be another. But Yuuki Aoi wept at the final recording of the radio show, and said how lonely she felt not continuing to spend time with Chiwa and the others. And gave no hints of a next season, at least in her blog (haven't heard the radio show yet).

I firmly consider this the best show of the season, and an excellent show overall. But I don't think enough Japanese fans agree with me for a next season to be likely. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

In today's blog post, Ao-chan says she gave her all to this character, and felt as if she was really challenged to "hone her soul." She says she loved the show and hopes people will watch it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-04-11 at 17:41.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 17:09   Link #1037
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Having read the manga, I say my only problem was the start of the anime. Why they changed it from the original I have no idea but it wasn't as entertaining.
Nozomu Tamaki (the original creator of Vampire Bund) challenged SHAFT to make a story based on the manga without making it a 1:1 adaptation (like they intended to do). Tamaki basically wanted a story that pretty much followed the timeline and plot of the manga, but wasn't quite the same either. SHAFT decided to take up that challenge (and it's probably why the guy himself got a few cameos in the show).
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 17:24   Link #1038
bigdeath

In that case they failed. They made a worst opening episode.

Oh well, besides the start, everything was pretty good.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 19:03   Link #1039
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Finally, I'm done with the last episode, but my last post for this series I'll leave it for tomorrow.

SHAFT truly did marvelous things with this last anime episode delivering a very exciting conclusion while leaving the door open for things to come, if ever a second season materializes.

After all, they did covered the fifth manga volume but loosely partially. The chapters that covered were 28 and 31.

Spoiler:

Unfortunately, I cannot spoil away who is the third assassin in the manga for the obvious reason that the anime and manga diverged into separate paths.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 19:34   Link #1040
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Akira and Mina are finally re-united. This first season was alright.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, seinen, shaft, supernatural, vampire, violence