AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-08, 14:07   Link #301
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Spoiler for Spoils:
Spoiler:
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 15:24   Link #302
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
Spoiler:
Umm... Titan regurgitate the corpses of the people they eat. This was shown in the manga.

Eren's father was a doctor. He injected Eren with something that made him a Titan. In one case a scout's mother became a Titan.

My guess some of the population inside the walls has been injected with Titan serum under the cover of vaccination.

Why Eren's father would do this we don't know yet. But the answer lies under his house's basement.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 15:46   Link #303
Yorae_paladin1

Hmm i noticed that titans don't chew when they eat they just swallow whole any warrior skilled enough could go to the titans insides and kill them from within the one place they can't reach. Isaac clarke did it with a rather big necro morph in DS3 i bet any skilled warrior could also do it
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 18:46   Link #304
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
Just finished the whole 43 chapters right after watching the 1st episodes of the anime, and man how intense this series is! And is it just me or Mikasa is incredibly moe when she chops down titans with that expressionless face?!
I think only just you can see Mikawa is moe in that situation . With me, she is more cool and badass than "moe"
Old 2013-04-08, 20:02   Link #305
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Hmm i noticed that titans don't chew when they eat they just swallow whole any warrior skilled enough could go to the titans insides and kill them from within the one place they can't reach. Isaac clarke did it with a rather big necro morph in DS3 i bet any skilled warrior could also do it
well, the only place where you could kill the titans is from the back of their neck since that's where the "pilot" goes.
Old 2013-04-08, 20:45   Link #306
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Umm... Titan regurgitate the corpses of the people they eat. This was shown in the manga.

Eren's father was a doctor. He injected Eren with something that made him a Titan. In one case a scout's mother became a Titan.

My guess some of the population inside the walls has been injected with Titan serum under the cover of vaccination.

Why Eren's father would do this we don't know yet. But the answer lies under his house's basement.
Wasn't that shot for erasing Eren's memories?

Sure the Titan morph isn't something natural and there's somebody else behind it all, but it doesn't feel right laying all the blame on Eren's dad. If that was actually his doing the whole population inside the wall would be swamped with Titan roaming by now, yet what we see in the current arc is that there're only few selective regions in the south getting infected as though the whole thing is part of some hideous scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
I think only just you can see Mikawa is moe in that situation . With me, she is more cool and badass than "moe"
So it's just me then lol. She reminds me so much of Nagato when she kills off her colleague in Kyon's class, or that tenshi in Angel Beats swinging her laser blades slicing Yurippe's gang. I thought Mikasa resembled Gut at some point but then he shouts and moans and groans too much for my taste.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 00:05   Link #307
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

It was mentioned in the first chapter (and I remembered it throught the first episode of the anime) that Eren's father helped the town survive a plague. I really think it's correlated to humans turning into giants right now.
Old 2013-04-09, 01:28   Link #308
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ You know, the story is pretty much finished the moment Mikasa mastered the Titan-morphing skill ... so I hope it's not, or at least it won't take effect too soon for her case.
Old 2013-04-09, 02:12   Link #309
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ You know, the story is pretty much finished the moment Mikasa mastered the Titan-morphing skill ... so I hope it's not, or at least it won't take effect too soon for her case.
She would be hacks as a titan 0-o.

But I never even considered that the cure erins dad gave them all was something that could turn them into titans...
Old 2013-04-09, 02:50   Link #310
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I prefer seeing the Corporal turning Titan (a big one equipped with armor or some special skill) lol
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 10:41   Link #311
Diveman

Maybe the "plague" they are refering to is just humans "naturally" turning into titans and Eren's father found a way to stop or delay the process. Hence why only a few of them can do it atm.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:13   Link #312
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
Maybe the "plague" they are refering to is just humans "naturally" turning into titans and Eren's father found a way to stop or delay the process. Hence why only a few of them can do it atm.
Don't say something so terrifying all of a sudden!!!!
Old 2013-04-09, 11:41   Link #313
Yorae_paladin1

it would not surprise me if every person in that world had the ability to go titan sadly not everyone can control it like eren
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:46   Link #314
Diveman

Damn I'm really going "conspiracy keanu" on this manga lol
Old 2013-04-09, 19:53   Link #315
saurers123

I just had this same feeling too after re-reading a couple of the early chapters when Hannes mentioned about this vaccine. OMG.

On on a different topic, I know this is a little too late, but do you guys remember the chapter when Ervin had a speech in front of the trainees squad about the Scouting Legion?
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Dam it! So many foreshadows and only at least one in the internet was able to guess it right with evidence before the big reveal.

And is it just me, or titans are actually the next step of human evolution in the manga?
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 19:58   Link #316
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

vol 10

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 22:35   Link #317
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Wait, Connie's a hobbit?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 22:37   Link #318
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I'm pretty sure everyone in the world is capable of turning into a titan, but only certain villages/groups know how to do it at will. Makes me remember the flashback were Mikasa kills the bandit guy or whatever and she breaks the floor boards when she stabs him. Surely that was part of her "titan power" coming out, her being a genius and all. Wish I could remember what chapter that was.

And I'm sure the big monkey titan is some kind of titan scientist and has the ability to bring out the titan in people.
Old 2013-04-10, 00:03   Link #319
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Wait, Connie's a hobbit?
Connie is very short, shorter than Annies and almost as same as Historia.
Old 2013-04-10, 00:47   Link #320
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Connie is very short, shorter than Annies and almost as same as Historia.
I'm going by the image on the back of the American editions, and that shows Connie slightly taller than Annie and not quite to Reiner's shoulders -- certainly nowhere close to what's on that cover.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote