AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2016-03-04, 22:03   Link #7981
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
i wouldnt say he messed around, afterall his shikai is kido based, i wonder if his bankai increases his kido to lvl100 with a reduced reitasu cost
I'm saying that he has messed around in previous fights. This time he skipped that step and went straight to Bankai since Askin scared him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Of course he panicked, his eye got destroyed.
Right. Some people are asking why he didn't use Kidou...

Quote:
It's better than Naruto and how that ended.
Agreed.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 02:10   Link #7982
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Right. Some people are asking why he didn't use Kidou...
He probably would want to conserve his abilities/power, and since kido spells can get pretty long/powerful, he might not want to use them since this enemy has that whole "immunity" thing.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 22:50   Link #7983
B214

Quote:
Of course he panicked, his eye got destroyed.
That's one of it but i think the bigger reason is Yoruichi and her brother, they're running out of time.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 22:54   Link #7984
rladls2121

This one is off topic: Can Quincy's ability Blut Vene prevent Tsukishima's Fullbring Book of the End to from cutting through its defense and insert himself into the user?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 05:30   Link #7985
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
This one is off topic: Can Quincy's ability Blut Vene prevent Tsukishima's Fullbring Book of the End to from cutting through its defense and insert himself into the user?
I'd say it wouldn't be possible.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 06:13   Link #7986
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Well, the Fullbring is supposed to be able to "cut through anything", and when he does his insert cut, it does no damage. I'd argue that the insert cut isn't physically cutting the target, and thus cannot normally be blocked.

In short, I'd say that if he's cutting to do damage, then Blut Vene can block it, if the practitioner's BV is sufficiently strong, say equivalent to being able to block a Vice-Captain's Zanpakuto. If he's not trying to cut to damage, then it could only be blocked by something specifically designed to block something intangible. And I'm sure such a defense exists, somewhere in Mayuri and/or Urahara's mind, or some obscure character's inherent skill.

Either way, he may still be able to affect said Quincy. Keep in mind that one's blood vessels are not at the very surface of their skin. Whether it's the Reishi-infused blood in the blood vessels that is blocking a weapon's cut, or the blood vessels themselves, that weapon had to cut through some distance of skin to get that far. If Book of the End only requires the slightest piercing of the skin, then Blut Vene can't defend against it even if it can stop it.
Old 2016-03-06, 07:41   Link #7987
AsGryffynn
Envoy of the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Well, the Fullbring is supposed to be able to "cut through anything", and when he does his insert cut, it does no damage. I'd argue that the insert cut isn't physically cutting the target, and thus cannot normally be blocked.

In short, I'd say that if he's cutting to do damage, then Blut Vene can block it, if the practitioner's BV is sufficiently strong, say equivalent to being able to block a Vice-Captain's Zanpakuto. If he's not trying to cut to damage, then it could only be blocked by something specifically designed to block something intangible. And I'm sure such a defense exists, somewhere in Mayuri and/or Urahara's mind, or some obscure character's inherent skill.

Either way, he may still be able to affect said Quincy. Keep in mind that one's blood vessels are not at the very surface of their skin. Whether it's the Reishi-infused blood in the blood vessels that is blocking a weapon's cut, or the blood vessels themselves, that weapon had to cut through some distance of skin to get that far. If Book of the End only requires the slightest piercing of the skin, then Blut Vene can't defend against it even if it can stop it.
I am going to go on a limb and say that Kido like Severing Void can block Book of the End, but Blut Vene is indeed limited to physical damage...
AsGryffynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 13:43   Link #7988
Gilly

Quote:
Probably. Ginjo and Ichigo could stop Tsukishima's sword with their own weapons, so why can't a defensive power do the same?
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 03:26   Link #7989
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Probably. Ginjo and Ichigo could stop Tsukishima's sword with their own weapons, so why can't a defensive power do the same?
I don't know. Narrative physics? Why does one lightsaber block another, when they're supposed to "cut through anything"?

There's also Tsukishima's defense to take into account. An intangible sword isn't going to do much to protect him from Ichigo or Ginjo, is it? And he showed with Byakuya-niisama that he can cut through a Zanpakuto with his insert ability.
Old 2016-03-10, 09:48   Link #7990
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

That. Was. Awesome.

Urahara's bankai was wonderful. Grimmjow appearance at the end. That was all I could ever ask for and more and Kubo delivered.
Old 2016-03-10, 10:00   Link #7991
LevelSeven

Lol, this chapter was good
Awesome usage of grimmjows comeback

Btw, did anyone else mention that uraharas bankai is like crazy diamond fused with sticky fingers from jojo part4 and 5?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 11:30   Link #7992
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

oh got his heart crushed...but this is bleach so he'll power up next chapter and take out urahara then grimmjaws turn to fight him
Old 2016-03-10, 13:35   Link #7993
ChampDream
Alive

That one awesome Bankai Urahara, honestly I didn't expect Grimmjow to appear, feel like this is done unless Askin transform into some silly looking animal quincy form.
Old 2016-03-10, 13:53   Link #7994
itachi-san314

Good stuff! Much better than the Kyoraku showing. I have a feeling there will still be more though. One chapter of Kisuke's Bankai is not nearly enough.
Old 2016-03-10, 14:28   Link #7995
Wandering Soul

I liked Kisuke's bankai and I hope to see more of it. I wasn't expecting Grimmjow to appear during this fight,
Old 2016-03-10, 15:32   Link #7996
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hollows make grievers...Grimmjow is a KSer :P Also, Urahara's bankai is as arbitrary as they come; reconstructing anything it touches basically means he can tear everything apart, provided it's in effective range. Did I say arbitrary? Sorry, I meant broken.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 15:51   Link #7997
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Urahara's bankai is no doubt one of the strongest if used properly
It's like making his own world by restructuring everything

Grimmjow's appearance is surprising though.. very good chapter
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 16:45   Link #7998
itachi-san314

How long were the Quincies in the shadows of Soul Society? I ask because Kisuke said he hasn't used his Bankai since they were around, but if he used it when he tested to become a Captain, then shouldn't they have seen it?
Old 2016-03-10, 16:49   Link #7999
DerGilga
Banned

I wonder if Benihime's bankai has some kind of drawback. Even if you could not harm an enemy with it, she's a pretty good medic. Maybe Benihime's restoration only last as long the Bankai is active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
How long were the Quincies in the shadows of Soul Society? I ask because Kisuke said he hasn't used his Bankai since they were around, but if he used it when he tested to become a Captain, then shouldn't they have seen it?
1000 years
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 17:44   Link #8000
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
1000 years
That's what I thought too. So then why don't they know about Kisuke's Bankai?

Tags
bleach, chapter