AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-06, 20:35   Link #81
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
I would like to request "Your favourite spells" poll thread. I think it'd be interesting. We put everybody's high ranked spells such as Nanoha's Starlight Breaker/Excelion Buster, Fate's Thunder Zamber Breaker/Photon Lancer Phalanx Shift, Hayate's Misteltinn/Ragnarok Breaker, Chrono's Stinger Blade Exectuion Shift/Frozen Coffin etc etc...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Old 2007-06-07, 01:07   Link #82
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by furuno View Post
I would like to request "Your favourite spells" poll thread. I think it'd be interesting. We put everybody's high ranked spells such as Nanoha's Starlight Breaker/Excelion Buster, Fate's Thunder Zamber Breaker/Photon Lancer Phalanx Shift, Hayate's Misteltinn/Ragnarok Breaker, Chrono's Stinger Blade Exectuion Shift/Frozen Coffin etc etc...
That's going to be rather limited... How about let's expand this to include your dream spell as well? The OC thread is getting cluttered from all the skill trees, so a place where we can compare Starlight Breaker to say Ava Kadavra would be fun! And from the OC thread we know we can control ourselves to not post uberh4xx spells...

Most of the time.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:11   Link #83
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
That's going to be rather limited... How about let's expand this to include your dream spell as well? The OC thread is getting cluttered from all the skill trees, so a place where we can compare Starlight Breaker to say Ava Kadavra would be fun! And from the OC thread we know we can control ourselves to not post uberh4xx spells...

Most of the time.
If this thread is created and the people from the OC Thread start posting their spells it'll be useful, but we'll soon be flooded by people posting charas with SS-ranked spells!
Old 2007-06-07, 01:17   Link #84
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by furuno View Post
One without a poll would be better.
For one, we don't have the full extent of each mage's spells, especially for the new people.

A poll can be added at any time anyway.
It would be better if it was added after discussion has solidified.

BTW, I would like it if there were only the real ones.
*dodges tomatoes from angry mob*
Old 2007-06-07, 01:21   Link #85
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
One without a poll would be better.
For one, we don't have the full extent of each mage's spells, especially for the new people.

A poll can be added at any time anyway.
It would be better if it was added after discussion has solidified.

BTW, I would like it if there were only the real ones.
*dodges tomatoes from angry mob*
Can we actually discuss spells?

No, no. Nobody's throwing tomatoes at you. But it would be good if we discussed this before requesting the creation of the thread.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:27   Link #86
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

One way around the problem is to have a volunteer to keep track of the spells, like we do in the OC thread, though its going to be a lot harder than in the OC thread cos spells are a lot more spammable, in both sense of the word.

But if it is done, well have a thread that can both answer questions about canon ones, and post our own too. A spellbook for Nanohaverse fan-authors to reference if you will.

As you can tell, I work for the benefits of fandom a lot more than canon. :Heh:
Old 2007-06-07, 01:31   Link #87
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Can we actually discuss spells?
Why not?!
Are you challenging your own idea?! ~
Threads that are poll-only are forbidden here, and won't be created.

Excessive poll oriented stuff as well, basically the argument is most posts would be just for the result in the poll nothing anyone cares to read.

I've been scold about this by admins and mods ~ in the past.

I like Kha's ideas, I only fear it might turn out so you can't talk seriously about a spell without being spammed by OC ones.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:41   Link #88
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Why not?!
Are you challenging your own idea?! ~
Threads that are poll-only are forbidden here, and won't be created.

Excessive poll oriented stuff as well, basically the argument is most posts would be just for the result in the poll nothing anyone cares to read.

I've been scold about this by admins and mods ~ in the past.

I like Kha's ideas, I only fear it might turn out so you can't talk seriously about a spell without being spammed by OC ones.
But it wasnt my idea! I'm innocent! And what could we discuss about the spells besides the fact that Nanoha uses them to 'befriend' people?
Old 2007-06-07, 01:47   Link #89
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Have a little faith in us. Look what happened to the OC thread. It really took off.

Besides, I'll try to ensure those questions are answered. But if it's going to be a discussion about canon spells, the Magitech thread is the place to be...
Old 2007-06-07, 01:53   Link #90
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Quote:
One way around the problem is to have a volunteer to keep track of the spells, like we do in the OC thread, though its going to be a lot harder than in the OC thread cos spells are a lot more spammable, in both sense of the word.
I don't think it'd be that hard to just keep track on the spells. I think wikipedia has quite good resource for it. Look.
And the artbook also provide good reference for the spells including casting technique.

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Old 2007-06-07, 01:53   Link #91
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
I quite agree with all the posts after furuno's posts. I have no idea of how the discussions on magic spells in Nanoverse will turn out, since I'm afraid the upcoming thread will soon be unwillingly spammed by originally-created spells (take a look at the OC thread for better understanding of the situation )

Besides, do we even know anything about Nanoverse spells? I personally admit that I don't.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:56   Link #92
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Besides, I'll try to ensure those questions are answered. But if it's going to be a discussion about canon spells, the Magitech thread is the place to be...
Mmm...
Can't argue with that ~
___
Fuyu-san about the misunderstanding. Gomen~
Old 2007-06-07, 02:01   Link #93
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I quite agree with all the posts after furuno's posts. I have no idea of how the discussions on magic spells in Nanoverse will turn out, since I'm afraid the upcoming thread will soon be unwillingly spammed by originally-created spells (take a look at the OC thread for better understanding of the situation )

Besides, do we even know anything about Nanoverse spells? I personally admit that I don't.
Correct. To be honest, more than half of the magitech thread was fan work, interpretting the spells by the way they appear to function, then explaining it through application of an enormous pile of pseudo-science from what limited knowledge we have from our textbooks.

BUT, a thread that functions as an original and canon spellbook would be fun. Just need a table of contents and we're good to go.
Old 2007-06-07, 11:15   Link #94
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hm, i question the need for such a thread. The "Your favorite *insert something*" threads tend to generate a lot of one-liner responses and little to none discussion. More so with a poll - i believe that polls discourage people from actually posting/discussing, as they might believe that the vote is enough to express their opinion. (Cats seems to have a good grasp on the subject )

For discussion of spells in Nanohaverse, why not use the existing Magic and Technology of MGLN thread?
Old 2007-06-09, 01:08   Link #95
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I would like to put forth a request for a thread titled,

MSLN Jokes & Assorted Humour

The MSLN series has a rich history of various jokes being made from the source material, and while some of them can be easily assigned to threads such as the "Image Thread", there comes a time when a joke is cracked but has no place to go without being off-topic a little bit.

Should such a thread be created, it will provide us with a venue to consolidate all the various standalone written jokes that have been posted so far, and keep the other threads tidier by rendering their content more on-topic.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-09, 08:56   Link #96
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

// Seconded ^^
Old 2007-06-09, 12:06   Link #97
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

I second the motion. This will reduce a lot of off topicness out from the episode threads
Old 2007-06-09, 12:26   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Though it's going to make some conversations difficult
Old 2007-06-09, 13:17   Link #99
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Though it's going to make some conversations difficult
Like you're one to talk. You're the one cracking most of the jokes here
Old 2007-06-09, 18:01   Link #100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Like you're one to talk. You're the one cracking most of the jokes here
Like I've said, it's going to make my 'job' difficult when I have to stop, cut, and paste

Breaks the flow the things...
Closed Thread