Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-03-09, 16:27   Link #61
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ heh yea...i think newbies like me just like to keep things simple on their first try (in anything) thx for the links ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
If you and KiNa keep rubbing this show on my face, I may end up watching it.
i thought the whole point of siggies was shameless promotion?

*cough* new kanu ~

previous one failed because of the poor quality stock...so i tried to whip up a new one ^__^
and i just noticed...theres a bit of blue showing through her left leg...better fix that up later >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 17:21   Link #62
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i thought the whole point of siggies was shameless promotion?
Well yes, the fanservice in itself is quite tempting.

Oh and I didn't mean anything bad with my comment or anything of the sort.

Those are very good sigs.
Old 2007-03-10, 15:11   Link #63
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Dethie
> "well well theres a first for everything...and this is my first wallie ~

> its actually quite tricky to find a theme for wallies...soo many empty spaces to full but and only a limited number of ideas by brain can generate i can say for a first wallie im pretty happy the way it turned out...even if the theme is completely messed up "
First wallpaper?!.
* memory comes back..*
I just remembered I started walling some time ago and after finishing my first wall in the interest of self quality assessment left it on hold before attempting more adv. meddling.. of course silly me appear to have totally forgot about it.

Thanks Dethie your post reminded me of it.
-------
My first wall..

Okey really need to do a co job with Illustrator next time, vectoring till my eyes pop out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ Dethie
> "heh yea...i think newbies like me just like to keep things simple on their first try (in anything) thx for the links ~"
Nonsense everyone does it like that.
Otherwise they would get bored really fast.

Tackling things at your own pace and tacking it one step at a time is the best way to go.
> "i thought the whole point of siggies was shameless promotion? "
Mmm. and what series would that be?
Old 2007-03-10, 18:34   Link #64
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ but for a first one that looks a lot better than mine...how should i say...its more "mature" looking even if i have no idea what made you match up shana with the leaning tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Mmm. and what series would that be?
ikkitousen aka battle vixens in manga form...heavy on the fanservice and erm...im just in it for the story

and a new one...seesh anyone know a good tutorial for making good brushed backgrounds? >.<

i need more work on the shadowing and lighting effects to be honest >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-03-11, 15:48   Link #65
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ooh a dark theme siggy

normally my style is to use bright "white" colours but i want to try something different ^_^ still trying to learn how to put more depth into my backgrounds which is proving to be quite a challange ~ lets see what i can come up next time i sit in front of the PS program

Old 2007-03-11, 16:01   Link #66
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

well then, missy Rin. let's see...
-the edge and shadow of the shattered glass shards are too smooth IMO, which remove their sharpness, thus lessening the "break" effect :s
-still on the shards, i think you should put 1 or 2 shards on rin herself, which will emphasis rin "broken" state (and this will match well her injuried state)

-rin blending/merging was kinda unbalanced. (the left part of the hair doesn't really looks pretty well)

i might suggest a shortened length, but meh ^^"
also, what about the F/SN icon only? (just like the 3 command mantra leofish used on his winter banner?)

"enough for the bashing" i heard, heh?
you chosed a pretty nice font, with the correct effects on the text.
also, the amount of shards is pretty good.
The BG color is a good choice for rin, while it has its own contrast, preventing some redundant scheme.

anyway, interesting concept, with slight problems since you are using only blending, and no rough SFX like C4D, but you actually did pretty well, considering how cheap and easy blending random C4D is (god, i hope i will NEVER use them, EVER)

i would suggest some other emphasis "dark" effect, such like a blackning gradiant, etc ^^"

my 2 cents, sorry if it wasn't really accurate (biased hell yeah ~~)
Old 2007-03-12, 15:18   Link #67
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
well then, missy Rin. let's see...
-the edge and shadow of the shattered glass shards are too smooth IMO, which remove their sharpness, thus lessening the "break" effect :s
-still on the shards, i think you should put 1 or 2 shards on rin herself, which will emphasis rin "broken" state (and this will match well her injuried state)

-rin blending/merging was kinda unbalanced. (the left part of the hair doesn't really looks pretty well)

i might suggest a shortened length, but meh ^^"
also, what about the F/SN icon only? (just like the 3 command mantra leofish used on his winter banner?)

"enough for the bashing" i heard, heh?
you chosed a pretty nice font, with the correct effects on the text.
also, the amount of shards is pretty good.
The BG color is a good choice for rin, while it has its own contrast, preventing some redundant scheme.

anyway, interesting concept, with slight problems since you are using only blending, and no rough SFX like C4D, but you actually did pretty well, considering how cheap and easy blending random C4D is (god, i hope i will NEVER use them, EVER)

i would suggest some other emphasis "dark" effect, such like a blackning gradiant, etc ^^"

my 2 cents, sorry if it wasn't really accurate (biased hell yeah ~~)
i know what you ment by the glass shards...i kinda blurred it on purpose as i thought they were too sharp before ~ might have to redo that part again
and good idea on putting some on rin ~ at first i thought that it will be kinda cluttered looking on her but i shall experiment ^__^

and the left side of her hair? well i tried to make a flashusing the flare render...didnt work i guess...and yea i think i blended her too much to the BG ~

ive been considering shortening my recent sigs tbh...i just dont have the nack for making long ones where you have all those spaces to fill seeing that yours is 20 pix longer than mine im quite surprised that you can fill it soo well while mine looks kinda empty ~ and the logo is a joke somewat XD

and the funny thing is im wanting to try use C4D brushes but my skill of blending each layers with shadow and light completely fails...it seems to me that for more depth in my sigs i will also need more practice at setting blend layers to the right option and to know where to brush! >.<

*tries to think of more improvements*

Old 2007-03-17, 13:06   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

hot off the press ~

depth...i need to learn about depth!!! >.< guess its going to take some time

and alteration on my rin one above :3

~ yes i am making my sigs more narrower cause they are so much more easier to work with that way (and im lazy with no ideas)

Old 2007-03-17, 13:18   Link #69
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Pure Snow :
-While the BG and the character expression match pretty well, the difference between their respective apsect is a bit too obvious : thus, i felt the blending doesn't really fit enough. (i think a sweet filter, and maybe slight blurr/glow can do the trick)
-The bg is well done, and gives light and sweet feelings, but not really something "snow" :x you might try some rough brushes, with more...fancy/glimmering things.
-Frankly, i think the fonts utterly fails... (sorry to be harsh on this one, but i felt it has to be said for this cas)
-the ratio is pretty good, but i'm slightly annoyed that the bottom part is cropped, so i'm not really able to guess what is this... "necklace" floating around ~~
-the border is... strange oO

slight revisions, nothing dramatic then

Rin
The result is much more effective.
cons :
-the blend and gradual fade effect on rin still has some problem (but far less than previously)
-althought there is a lone transparent shard on her, you didn't try a break effect on rin, but that was optional, of course

pros :
-much better color scheme (blood red => ruby red. quite good with this mood and character)
-glass shards are much more effective, though they don't really outstand a lot, but that is ok

in general, i would only suggest to try some trick on rin blend mode/edges, and maybe some cracks effects around (yeah, pretty persistent XD)
but, i feel you don't need any modification anymore, the ones stated above a much some "perfecionist" maniac manners ~~
Old 2007-03-17, 13:54   Link #70
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

wow thx for a quick reply...as always
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Pure Snow :
-While the BG and the character expression match pretty well, the difference between their respective apsect is a bit too obvious : thus, i felt the blending doesn't really fit enough. (i think a sweet filter, and maybe slight blurr/glow can do the trick)
-The bg is well done, and gives light and sweet feelings, but not really something "snow" :x you might try some rough brushes, with more...fancy/glimmering things.
-Frankly, i think the fonts utterly fails... (sorry to be harsh on this one, but i felt it has to be said for this cas)
-the ratio is pretty good, but i'm slightly annoyed that the bottom part is cropped, so i'm not really able to guess what is this... "necklace" floating around ~~
-the border is... strange oO

slight revisions, nothing dramatic then
1) erm "respective apsect"? but the glow idea really doesnt work since ive tried...the white area around her doesnt show up the glow but that was the idea...i wanted to have a glowing light projecting behind of rein ^_^ but looking at it now...i think the colouring is a bit off...good / bad?

2) hehe...the "snow" part wasnt about the BG but rather rein herself...i actually wanted to create and icy effect but obviously im a bit colour blind

3) and this time i disagree...i love the font ~ probably its cause i can relate it to her in the series...maybe you havent watched it or you would have understood :3 *promoting* mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha

4) yea...it got a bad crop...so i might try and reduct the stock size...but on the other hand being mysterious isnt that bad...

5) like ive said...im colour blind *runs*

Old 2007-03-17, 14:30   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
wow thx for a quick reply...as always
meh... i could be even faster !
Quote:
1) erm "respective apsect"? but the glow idea really doesnt work since ive tried...the white area around her doesnt show up the glow but that was the idea...i wanted to have a glowing light projecting behind of rein ^_^ but looking at it now...i think the colouring is a bit off...good / bad?
the colors aren't the problem. what i meant with the aspect, i meant ...*ugh* textures? (well, the picture is slightly too outstanding, due its opacity, but also its drawing style)
Quote:
2) hehe...the "snow" part wasnt about the BG but rather rein herself...i actually wanted to create and icy effect but obviously im a bit colour blind
Wait... waiiiiiiit.... this is Reinforce?! O_O
i really didn't recognize her Oo

as for the attempt of some icy effect, you would require some more consistent frost white with rash border or glimmering ones. but i really dunno how your perspective is, due your colour blindness
Quote:
3) and this time i disagree...i love the font ~ probably its cause i can relate it to her in the series...maybe you havent watched it or you would have understood :3 *promoting* mahou shoujo lyrical nanoha
well, i agree here ... in fact, since i didn't recognized Rein, i thought it was a "normal" girl, so directly related with snow. this is why, the tech style font bothered me.

but i feel the font could be even better if you base its style a bit more towards something cleaner/smoother, rather than classic obvious comp typeset font. (meh, that's a loosy opinion XD)
Quote:
4) yea...it got a bad crop...so i might try and reduct the stock size...but on the other hand being mysterious isnt that bad...
well, the ratio is pretty good, but you can reduce its size by... let's say 5%. it should be enough.
Quote:
5) like ive said...im colour blind *runs*
heh... my bad ~~
in my perspective, the borders look green, but meh, it can't be helped ^^"
Old 2007-03-17, 17:14   Link #72
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ you make it sound like i really am colour blind (psss it was a lame joke XD)
version 2 ~

on second thoughts...i guess the font really was a bit much and now ive pretty much scrapped the ice idea...oh well >.<

Old 2007-03-17, 17:20   Link #73
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
^ you make it sound like i really am colour blind (psss it was a lame joke XD)
kuh... completely owned by such cheesy comment, duh ~~ *hammered by ton-like shame*
Quote:
version 2 ~

on second thoughts...i guess the font really was a bit much and now ive pretty much scrapped the ice idea...oh well >.<
the second version beats HANDS DOWN the first one, and deserve praise mention ^^
the faint snow/frost is welcome, with some cliche but effective shooting star elements.
kudos for the wise choice of spreading the aura around certain part only, on Rein.
this font works much better, and the lines are a good plus (though the vertical are a bit too thick i think)

nothing to add i think... maybe the double border, but well, this would be the only complain i would submit here (nitpicking you say? nah, annoying i guess XD)
Old 2007-03-20, 17:44   Link #74
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ meh but funnily enough i like the double boarder style

another one hot off the press :3

oh fate chan...how i love thee

Old 2007-03-23, 18:05   Link #75
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

forgot to update new variation on the fate siggy :3

and this is after getting tips from Renegade334 ~ i owe him one big time (its just amazing how easy it is to get the right lighting...but its getting to understand which is the hard part >.<)

Old 2007-03-23, 18:27   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

my only complain here would be... well, the BG rather seem to be Fire, instead of Lightning.
you see, the BG is most likely a mixture of yellow, orange and slightly red.
the BG has so much layer and blending type that the 3 colours merge pretty well... giving some illusion of heat and flame impression.
the light particle improve this impression, since, the light effect isn't really something swift and clean, but rather intense, glimmering and sooth, reminding flame and furnace.

it is gorgeous, don't make me wrong (sending a PM about this by the way ), but it feels something completely different of the usual "lightning elemental" fate is associated with.
good ratio in the crop job, along with the enlightment on fate, except maybe bardiche, which the light seems to destroy slightly its "metal" texture.

i guess the text would need a faint glow or something... meh, good job, once again.
Old 2007-03-23, 18:52   Link #77
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

well i guess i wasnt trying to create a distinct theme since this is just a new style still in testing phase but i did try to create something that would fit fate's overall warmth ~ cause she is "hot" (in more ways than one ) ~ and i guess the lighting shards do look like burning ashes :3 totally accidental mind you lawl ~

Old 2007-03-28, 04:35   Link #78
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

2 request sigs ~

i was quite happy about this one ~ tho it did take quite a while and the font choice suffered because of it

never again am i working with screen caps...they are just too dam hard to extract especially when the BG is full of mixed colours >.< this one isnt as good as the last on but oh well

and these are gonna be my last til 3 weeks later as i am going on holiday to hong kong ~ hopefully i can get loads of cool stuffs to make up for the lack of sitting in front of my computer like a lazy bum

edit: yea im gonna miss you guys for a short while...and whenever im sober :3

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-03-28 at 06:16.
Old 2007-03-28, 05:16   Link #79
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
and these are gonna be my last til 3 weeks later as i am going on holiday to hong kong ~ hopefully i can get loads of cool stuffs to make up for the lack of sitting in front of my computer like a lazy bum
Have fun on your trip.

Dont forget about the forum while you are traveling.
Old 2007-03-28, 15:09   Link #80
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
My first wall..

Okey really need to do a co job with Illustrator next time, vectoring till my eyes pop out.
I know I should not hijack this thread, but I'ld like to know, if there is a idea/thought behind the use of the tower of babel theme (I am asking because I am not sure, if it is just for the visual effect, or if it has some additional meaning).

Tags
signature