AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black II OAD - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 33 36.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 37.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-01, 11:52   Link #81
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I don't wanna be picky but I think Hei's star has gone down ever since he's lost his powers in episode 2 of the second season.
It disappeared, it didn't fall.
Old 2010-03-01, 14:24   Link #82
Seihai
スマイリウム

Oh ok, good to know. lol
Old 2010-03-02, 02:24   Link #83
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I don't wanna be picky but I think Hei's star has gone down ever since he's lost his powers in episode 2 of the second season.

It reappeared in the final moments of episode 12 just as Suo passed out. Hei was comforting Suo after the meteo fragment was shattered. Yin reached out to Hei and told him there was still time to kill her. Hei's star then flickered on and he started glowing again(maybe). He touched Yin and Hei, Misaki, and Yin were transported to the golden plane for a second. Big flash. Hei, Yin, Suo, Shion, and that floating entity disappeared. Misaki is back on Earth along with some others. Suo and July are on Earth 2.

We get a scene of Hei carrying a limp Yin in his arms (unconscious or dead).

He gets his powers at the last possible moment and does something. We don't know what he did but it seems he used his full power 'cause when he touched Inazami/Yin, there was a big flash.
Old 2010-03-02, 09:07   Link #84
Seihai
スマイリウム

Aaahh thanks for the explanation. Now I remember it correctly.
Old 2010-03-06, 03:10   Link #85
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I'll echo the sentiments of "This is what season 2 should have been" etc.

After the huge disappointment that was season 2, I had lost faith in bones to do the series justice, But this episode was definitely a step in the right direction.

At the start when we are shown the nostalgic color palette and recurring architectural designs, You know right then that this was madefor fans of the first season. Then the impending fight scenes which immediately reminded me of some awesome fight scenes from season 1, That right there set the mood for the rest of the episode and it mostly delivered.

It started to take a questionable direction in the middle with the whole love triangle but the way it was resolved turned out to be hilarious and great at the same time, IT'S A TRAP!!!

The only thing missing was some comic relief from characters which i hope ill be addressed in future episodes.
Old 2010-03-06, 14:47   Link #86
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
It reappeared in the final moments of episode 12 just as Suo passed out. Hei was comforting Suo after the meteo fragment was shattered. Yin reached out to Hei and told him there was still time to kill her. Hei's star then flickered on and he started glowing again(maybe). He touched Yin and Hei, Misaki, and Yin were transported to the golden plane for a second. Big flash. Hei, Yin, Suo, Shion, and that floating entity disappeared. Misaki is back on Earth along with some others. Suo and July are on Earth 2.

We get a scene of Hei carrying a limp Yin in his arms (unconscious or dead).

He gets his powers at the last possible moment and does something. We don't know what he did but it seems he used his full power 'cause when he touched Inazami/Yin, there was a big flash.
Oh. The reason why Hei gets his powers back was because his powers got trapped inside of the meteor fragment. If you can recall, when he loses his power, it gets sucked into the meteor fragment. So, when it broke, he got his power back. I would deduct that he killed Yin at the end. He said he was going to. Him carrying her limp body could possibly mean he would bury her? Not sure, that would be my guess.
Old 2010-03-07, 19:28   Link #87
Suimancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

Things that are interesting...
1) Inazami broke Suou's meteor fragment but... METEOR FRAGMENTS can't be broken permanently. They reassemble. And the whole experiment was to see if Suou can form and retain memories without it. She seems to be forming memories fine and dandy in Earth 2... why? If copies can't form long term memories... why can she? Why can everyone on Earth 2? Suou on Earth 2 has no lens. Is she just a regressor in this second earth? Will she "remember" her past?
In the last episode, inside the room where the M.E network whatchamacallit, there was this big sphere having the same color as the meteor fragment as the camera pans up to the moon. After the reset, said sphere was gone heavily implying that that was a big ol meteor fragment. It's safe to assume that fragment was transported to earth 2.0.
Old 2010-03-11, 04:55   Link #88
kamikazex

great first episode looking foward to 2!
Old 2010-03-21, 17:01   Link #89
Raa
Sceptic

I decided this will be my second season of DtB and I will forget Gemini for good. ಠ_ಠ
Old 2010-07-13, 19:28   Link #90
Tarantula Lady

BTW, I have an alternate explanation why Hei crumpled up the tickets
Spoiler for OAD Ep. 1:
Old 2010-07-14, 19:39   Link #91
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula Lady View Post
BTW, I have an alternate explanation why Hei crumpled up the tickets
Spoiler for OAD Ep. 1:
It's good speculation I guess. Hei was still a cold bastard at the time. I don't quite remember the episode, but did he meet the Amber look-a-like before he crumpled the tickets?
Old 2010-07-14, 20:04   Link #92
Tarantula Lady

He crumpled the tickets immediately before
Spoiler for OAD Ep. 1:
Old 2010-07-19, 19:41   Link #93
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
This is going to be interesting.