AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-11, 10:28   Link #61
Frontier

Who would have thought last weeks cliffhanger would turn into a heartwarming story of Makoto saving Rembrandt's wife and daughter from a curse inflicted on them ?

Poor Makoto still has to deal with bureaucracy and take a licensing test...although by his standards it ends up being a grade schooler test, so he passes it with flying colors. And he has enough rare materials to get through that requirement too. Sometimes it pays to be an overpowered guy from another world .

Where has Tomoe been? Just relaxing, eating grab, and enjoying her period dramas from Makoto's memories. Luckily Emma knows the one thing that will bring her back is thinking Makoto's memories of said drama's are in jeopardy .

Makoto is learning his way around the economic world !

So Mio's now gotten into anime and tokusatsu. To be honest there's worse things in life I can think of than if someone forced me to watch Kamen Rider on Sunday's...in fact, I'd love that! Now I'm imagining Mio going "Henshin" in every fight or doing a transformation sequence .

Tomoe seemed like she was content letting Mio have first dibs with Makoto, but knowing Mio lost her chance, they both make their own appeal to join them in bed...and they both made very appealing offers, but Makoto just isn't interested. Lucky sonuvagun .

Uh oh. Looks like Makoto's gotten himself embroiled in a war between Rembrandt and this other guy .
Old 2021-08-12, 19:06   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The end of the episode seems to be pointing towards Rembrandt being up to something. But so far we haven't seen much concretely pointing to that.

Makoto's memories have become quite the industry. Though it makes sense. There's a lot of good details that can be sifted through. The modern world isn't exactly packing much magic, but there's plenty of other good stuff they can use to further develop the demiplane.

Guess we'll see what Mio and Tomoe do to raise their game and further appeal to Makoto. Though I think not wrecking more towns is a good start .
Old 2021-08-18, 10:28   Link #63
Frontier

Somehow I feel like this Goddess specifically made it so many of the spells in this world have to invoke her name in gratefullness and talk about how beautiful she is. Figures for such a rotten and egotistical Goddess .

Hazal is...pretty klutzy. Luckily Makoto and the butler were there to save the vials .

I imagine it must have hurt more when Makoto's sister practiced judo on him, but that physical experience lent itself well to making him a judo master now with his new physical prowess that he uses to subdue Rembrandt's family and save them .

Classic Tomoe waiting for the people following Makoto to come out so she can get a good fight...I mean, protect her young master .

I honestly thought Mio had just found an excuse to give all the work to Tomoe, but it was planned so she and Tomoe wouldn't destroy everything again if they fought together. And if she's going to be forced not to defend her young master, she better get paid for it...or more exactly, take everything you've got .

"Lime?" Yeah, his name does sound like a soft drink. Although despite the circumstances of his attacking Makoto, he's actually a decent guy who just wanted to do what he felt was right for the adventurers who don't align with Rembrandt and help the orphanage that treated him right. He didn't even intend to seriously curse Rembrandt's family, things just escalated far beyond what he wanted (which may or may not have been brought on by Rembrandt torturing the old guy). It's enough to earn him his life and freedom, and Tomoe to respect him enough to want to give him a cool katana and make him her eyes and ears in the outside world .

Everything seems settled and happy up until Rembrandt seems concerned with Makoto becoming a big-time merchant and possible competitor ?

So what's up with Makoto, Mio, and Tomoe? The next episode has Demiplane Rankings, so are they going to hold a popularity contest or something? Is it too much to hope for some fanservice ?
Old 2021-08-18, 12:38   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Got to say I'd have thought Rembrandt would end up being a great deal more evil than he did. Just seems like he's above average in terms of evil businesses. Mostly does good work, but seemingly is fine with destroying rivals or crushing pawns that don't cooperate. Not exactly good here, but I figured he'd be a great deal worse. Though I suppose being unmoved from how he approaches things considering the terrible things that happened to his wife and daughters says plenty about him. While he might be an issue in the future I'm not that concerned. He's seen how capable Makoto is. Even if it's for the sake of his business I'd think he would realize how suicidal crossing him would be.

I suppose things worked out fine. Well besides the way it worked out for the ones that got cursed. The curse was dealt with, Tomoe is aware of the problems Rembrandt could pose and will be on guard, and Lime has a job that pays way better and probably isn't much more dangerous than what he was doing in the first place.

Loved the bit with Mio taking a step back. Of course she was told to do so by Makoto. Was pretty amusing that she just took all the cash afterwards .
Old 2021-08-18, 14:43   Link #65
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

"Lime?" Yeah, his name does sound like a soft drink. Although despite the circumstances of his attacking Makoto, he's actually a decent guy who just wanted to do what he felt was right for the adventurers who don't align with Rembrandt and help the orphanage that treated him right. He didn't even intend to seriously curse Rembrandt's family, things just escalated far beyond what he wanted (which may or may not have been brought on by Rembrandt torturing the old guy). It's enough to earn him his life and freedom, and Tomoe to respect him enough to want to give him a cool katana and make him her eyes and ears in the outside world .
Given torture ended with old guy, well ... dying, it obvious curse preceded torture. Not saying Rembrand didn't do something to witch doctor or his family, but torture itself was probably done in effort to break curse.
Old 2021-08-25, 10:31   Link #66
Frontier

I guess our main trio are pretty intimidating and hard to compare yourself too...although I guess if they know about their real personalities, it would be harder to take them seriously .

Mio is so cute when she's happy about being with Makoto or just eating! And she's hilarious when she's getting snippy with Tomoe .

How do you foster bonds and shared tactics among different races grouped together in the same village? Why, a tournament arc, of course! And that was a pretty dramatic fight between an Orc and Lizard, but Tomoe has very high standards...even ones she has to make up for Makoto .

Ha! All that work and Mio is still higher leveled than Tomoe. I guess at this point poor Makoto is probably never going to move past level 1 .

I love that guild receptionists outfit with the dress, gloves, and her blonde hair! We even got to see her thighs! Also that busty merchant guild girl we saw for a second .

Our protagonists taking down Lime Latte and his guys have basically left an opening for other adventurers, and Toa's group is the perfect choice to take over from them...provided they receive some harsh and brutal training from Tomoe. Not that she's doing it for their sake entirely, she just wants them to become more intendent because she knows about Makoto's attachment to Toa .

Tomoe has definitely turned Toa's party into a more effective and capable fighting force...even if Hazal is still liable to poison himself if he's not careful .

I'm still kind of wary of Rembrandt, but he seems to be doing Makoto a solid by setting him up in a neutral city so that Makoto can start his business without worrying about getting involved in the kingdom's spy game .

Looks like the forest Makoto sent Mio off to collect more eyes have some elves (?) who are none too eager about seeing humans .
Old 2021-08-25, 17:11   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I love that all that hard work and Tomoe hasn't narrowed the gap. Of course it wouldn't be that easy to change her level significantly. Hopefully she can buy her own words that levels aren't the important thing.

The training definitely paid off. Humans in this world can be a bit...dumb at times. All that party needed was actual tactics and they were fine. Just silly to have Toa fighting head on. And same with the alchemist just using his magic for healing and not for a more varied purpose. And if they organize themselves properly then the archer can be more useful too.

Glad they found a way to handle the various warriors in the demiplane. If they are going to live as a unit and face threats together in the future then being caught up on revealing tactics isn't going to help anything. And this will allow the better warriors to thrive and not require those that don't have the talent or the will to fight. They can find other things to do that better suit them.
Old 2021-09-01, 06:41   Link #68
Huh...?

Bit of a random, but here is an Interview of the TenSura & TsukiMichi Author
https://natalie.mu/comic/pp/tsukimichi
Also an artwork of "Makoto & Rimuru" by "Kino Kotora", the Mangaka of TsukiMichi

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-01, 10:30   Link #69
Frontier

Well, these Dark Elves (or Ogres?) seem as effective in battle as they are in combat...although Eris is pretty ditzy .

I guess the perks of Tomoe having a loli alternate self is that she can feel the headpats Makoto gives said loli Tomoe...and poor Mio just wants to feed him, but will have to settle for watching him eat normally, which she also gets off on .

Look at Makoto talking to all the citizens and seeing how they're doing! He's really getting up to Rimuru level of community outreach and worship .

Tomoe and Mio freak out when they notice Makoto's presence vanish, and it turns out Makoto's been so focused while practicing archery that he diffuses his entire essence and has had to reconstitute himself...basically killing and reviving himself night after night to the point where he's now as powerful as that rotten Goddess. Although I don't think that's worth making Mio so sad .

Makoto's good deed of the day lands him an offer from a voloptous blonde prostitute, although before he can decide whether to get lucky or not, Tomoe and Mio grab him in a jealous fit. It turns out she might also be an adventurer or someone with eyes on the ambrosia in the forest, so maybe she was trying to swindle Makoto into helping her, but she still dresses skimpily .

Before Makoto can family-zone Tomoe and Mio (I guess he sees them like he sees his sisters?) they rip his clothes off and start stripping so they can force themselves on him. At this point I'd just give in, but Makoto freezes them so he can get away, so his first time will still have to wait it seems .

Makoto ends up in a three-way conflict between those of the forest protecting what's theirs, the humans who feel it is there's by right, and Mio who wants to kill them all for interrupting her intimate handholding with Makoto. Oh, and it looks like there's a scary supernatural skeleton noticing them too .
Old 2021-09-01, 11:41   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The end of this episode was great . It just kept spiraling further and further out of control. Things are going great until the Elves(?) show up. Mio's rage meter starts maxing out. Then those stupid greedy adventurers show up. Then the fighting starts. And Mio's anger is just going further into meltdown. And we've even got that skeleton being noticing what is going on and probably will step in.

All things considered this was a really strong episode. Especially a good one for Mio who had a wide spectrum of emotional reactions. Be it freaking out over Makoto's training, a powerfully emotional reaction to the prostitute(maybe) situation, thinking the issue was that her underwear wasn't attractive enough when Makoto flees, being overjoyed with their 'date' in the forest, and then going into "I will end everyone" by the finishing moments of the episode.

I loved all the little moments. It was sweet seeing various members of the demiplane just chatting with Makoto. Establishing a real connection to the denizens and also giving them chances to be fleshed out as individuals. It's nice how the Alke are really varied. They get involved in basically everything depending on their personal preferences and as a species aren't really limited to one specific role.

Sorry for Makoto...but he needs to find a different training method. At the very least before he gives Mio and Tomoe heart attacks and causes a full out war to break out between himself and the Goddess.
Old 2021-09-01, 11:52   Link #71
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
hinking the issue was that her underwear wasn't attractive enough when Makoto flees
And here I am amazed at how well their wraps hide how big their chests when they start stripping .
Old 2021-09-02, 02:22   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And here I am amazed at how well their wraps hide how big their chests when they start stripping .
They certainly do a good job of that .
Old 2021-09-08, 10:32   Link #73
Frontier

So Tomoe is watching Makoto and Mio the whole time and then uses it as an excuse to complain about him taking Mio out on a date and not giving her anything so she can talk him into letting her do classic Samurai stuff so she'll help him. Tomoe knows what she wants and knows how to talk her way into it .

Is that shorter haired blonde adventure girl voiced by Aoi Koga? It sounds like her .

How do you calm Mio down? By having Makoto offering her his blood to lusciously devour and lick...I wasn't expecting it to get kinky in that way, but it did return her to sanity, so pretty effective .

Eris really does live in her own little world...also seems like a few people in this world have names that would go well with drinks .

So it turns out they're not Dark Elves but they're the race elves were descended from, Ogre's, and they eventually welcome Makoto and company into their village...of course then they were still planning to execute him the whole time, but luckily Tomoe has a history with them and was able to get them to stand down .

Akio Ohtsuka randomly crashes in as Eris and Aqua's master and spends a little too much time holding Makoto's hand for Mio's liking. No one is going to hold his hands for longer than she did. I love how everyone calls him a pervert just for holding Makoto's hand and staring at him .

And then Kenjiro Tsuda turns up as a Lich possessing the guy as he kills another Ogre working with demons, and Makot is able to get a quick read of the situation because he's played enough video games, and then he takes a page from Mio's playbook to defeat the Lich .

It turns out the Lich wanted to become a Grant, a rank beyond human, and find a new lease on life in another world where he might not be stuck as an undead skeleton, but it's not that simple. You have to be like Makoto's parents and survive in another world to become a Grant, it doesn't work the other way around. And poor Makoto realizing the chances of him getting to back home are fairly slim .

Cute Emma cameo as she is Makoto's first magic teacher with just a piece of paper! But now Makoto has the Lich contracted to him to teach him more about magic and live again as a human...and he turns out to be a hot Bishonen who is completely naked, for some quality male fanservice .

What happened to Tomoe? Did those adventurers do something in the Illusion City? Did they hurt her fragment ?
Old 2021-09-08, 15:03   Link #74
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 05:23.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-08, 15:23   Link #75
Tenzen12

I would take TsukiMichis Aqua and both Eris. Other Aqua can stay where she is.
Old 2021-09-08, 22:18   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Those adventurer's are so freaking dead...It is truly impressive to be that stupid. So absolutely full of themselves. The Goddess must be proud in all honesty. They don't have the flowers, the ogres do. They don't have all those treasures. That would be the orcs (amongst others). But they can and should steal everything in sight and can't take gifts from 'livestock'. Not that I can't buy people being exactly like that. But it's still a remarkable combination of arrogance and stupidity.

Those people are absolutely dead. Makoto may often be a voice of reason, but we've seen that he can absolutely fly off the handle. He's already mentally worn out from having to drop his archery practice. He could absolutely go on a killing spree if Tomoe's fragment and other individuals have been hurt. All the more so since the Illusory City was his idea. Clearly they underestimated how greedy and stupid some people would be.

Maybe the most shocking thing was Makoto's parents. It isn't simply that they cut a deal with the goddess. A promise to hand over one of their children if requested is pretty nuts. But they also went on a trip that was almost suicide to take. No guarantees both or either of them would make it alive. Just what motivated such a move? I know the world they went to is pretty nice...but they couldn't have known that much about it before going.
Old 2021-09-10, 17:35   Link #77
Itlandm
Porcupine

Miss Piggy still best girl. Impressive how quickly she figured out what had happened to Makoto and offered a solution.

Poor Tomoe! Did those bandit adventurers kill her fragment? The fragment was last seen near their target, wasn't she? Hopefully the title of the next episode does not mean this was the end of poor Tomoe.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-15, 10:34   Link #78
Frontier

The Lich...I mean, Shiki, may be a Bishonen now but he doesn't quite have the stamina to match his new human body. At the same time, despite being a former dead guy, he has surprisingly adept healing magic which is very useful .

It was a conjob from the very start! That woman forced that demi-human to bump into Makoto to set him up for her feminine wiles so she could use him, and then she and her party end up trying to steal the dangerous weapons from the Illusory City before they could be disposed of, and end up blowing the whole thing up along with that nice orc and Chibi Tomoe. They didn't deserve that .

Makoto is in a cold, seething, rage as he confronts the lone survivor...the arrogant, racist, blonde adventurer who started all this, and in his rage he eviscerates her and slits her throat in the most brutal way possible. Makoto's been a pretty fair and reasonable guy up until this point, but knowing what she did and the good people she killed through her greed and spite, all he can do is take out his anger on her in the most effective way possible. All the while exposing his true monstrous (to her) face and to where she can't even understand him as he punishes her. And then all he's left with is the tears at realizing people he cared about are dead, just like the pet that died in his youth .

Tomoe looks really cute with her hair braided .

Tomoe is glad that Makoto has seemingly found the steel resolve needed to be king of the demiplane...meanwhile Makoto is just worried that because he was able to view memories like Tomoe, he's morphing into some half-dragon/spider/lich hybrid. But it turns out if there's deep trust between him and those he's contracted with he can end up using their powers, especially if he has strong emotions. Of course that leads to plenty of argument and innuendo between Tomoe and Mio because it shows Makoto trusts Tomoe .

Makoto can't bring back the lives lost, but he can honor their memory and try to improve how we operate to make sure something like this never happens again .

Rembrandt has been genuine and helpful to Makoto, so he feels like he can reveal his true face to him...and thankfully Rembrandt loved his family even when they became feral rage monsters, so he's cool with Makoto. Not that he appreciates the comparison .

Makoto wants to better understand this world he now inhabits and how it works, and he's off on his own journey away from Tomoe, Mio, and the Demiplane to get to know it on his own terms. Of course Tomoe and Mio are jealous that Shiki gets to go with him, but at least they'll have plenty of his memories to enjoy while he's gone. And Mio is ecstatic to be thought of as a poster girl .

But just when it seems like Makoto has reached a new leg on his journey...that rotten Goddess grabs him and transports him to what's seemingly a battle between humans and demons. Is it so he can fulfill his "hero" duty and fight the demons on the humans' behalf? Or so she can finally kill him? Either way it looks like he has to fight Miyuki Sawashiro as a hot demon lady with a big sword .
Old 2021-09-15, 22:30   Link #79
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Oh damn, things escalated in this one. Not sure if I'm more floored by Makoto's cold and quick killing of that woman or how things ended. I guess the latter was more shocking since I did more or less expect Makoto to snap in this episode.

My guess is that the Goddess absolutely just threw him out there to get killed. She didn't have any interest in using him in the actual battles and he was pretty well served up to be ambushed. Plus it makes sense. His power is growing fast and that's a threat in and of itself. Plus (despite being justified) he killed a human. If she didn't want him spreading his seed I doubt she's up for him killing her favorite species either.

Not surprised Makoto lost it. He was low on mental rest thanks to giving up his bow practice, plus the loss of life was serious. Fragment is gone and she isn't coming back. Same with the Orc. He was a good guy that was honestly proud to be helpful to Makoto and taking on this duty. If that woman and her comrades had been the slightest bit respectable and decent they would be alive. Heck that woman didn't even spare a thought for where her friends were and if they were ok. She got her loot and that was all that mattered to her.
Old 2021-09-15, 22:55   Link #80
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I like the turn of that Episode 11 went into. They have been setting this up for some time. With the callousness that the hyuman adventurers displayed in this episode, their ending was a bit too kind. For the female adventurer who was killed by a cold angry Makoto, it's deserved karma. For Makoto, this is his loss of innocence.

This series has slowly grown on me from the start. It has an interesting premise and has gone about methodically to develop it and the world. All the while making it comedic along the way. This episode though has showed that it is willing to go darker. You have my attention.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote