AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-20, 09:24   Link #41
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I guess its interesting that the author at least tried to justify the MC being isekai'ed though the whole premise seems kind of unnecessary... I guess maybe it'll become relevant down the line?

The show is amusing enough to stick with for now anyway... I'll see if I last all season.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 12:50   Link #42
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
It seems like maxed out(or at least max skilled) players were given their own dungeons. When she went to her own tower it was mentioned that no one had attempted the "trials" in 200 years.

Apparently only 13 players managed that before the game was shutdown and since the last message only talked about 12 of them Cayna actually died before the game ended.
Typically players are vastly overpowered compared to NPCs so I'd assume that since nobody else has challenged any of the towers then Cayna is correct that there are no other players around, and it would be impossible for NPCs with their low levels to even attempt to challenge these places that are made for players.

That and most of the normal people of this world aren't even aware of these places I guess, the one under the coliseum was completely forgotten and only awakened in reaction to a player item.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 13:29   Link #43
Strahan

The last episode was pretty amusing. I feel kinda bad for the two elf kids though; they're obviously very attached to their mom, and she's pretty cold to them. (I realize of course it's just for comedy writing, just saying...) They may be a little over the top, but then, they haven't seen their mother in two centuries so I think I could've forgiven that lol.

It'll be interesting to see how each tower is done up.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 22:33   Link #44
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Typically players are vastly overpowered compared to NPCs so I'd assume that since nobody else has challenged any of the towers then Cayna is correct that there are no other players around, and it would be impossible for NPCs with their low levels to even attempt to challenge these places that are made for players.
The Guardian did mention that Skargo came by 60 years ago, though that could mean that the guardian just sensed him or Skargo, being Cayna's son has direct access to the top.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-21, 01:24   Link #45
magnuskn

Well, the third episode still bored the shoes off of me, so I'm out.
Old 2022-01-21, 01:26   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
The last episode was pretty amusing. I feel kinda bad for the two elf kids though; they're obviously very attached to their mom, and she's pretty cold to them. (I realize of course it's just for comedy writing, just saying...) They may be a little over the top, but then, they haven't seen their mother in two centuries so I think I could've forgiven that lol.

It'll be interesting to see how each tower is done up.
I do kind of feel for them even if it is played mostly for comedy. It kind of feels like she still just sees them as NPCs. They have a legitimate emotional connection to her, but it doesn't really go the other way. It's getting somewhere as she gets more settled into this new life. But there's still a pretty solid gap.
Old 2022-01-21, 03:51   Link #47
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
The Guardian did mention that Skargo came by 60 years ago, though that could mean that the guardian just sensed him or Skargo, being Cayna's son has direct access to the top.
I've been thinking about that too, no mention if he made it to the top, or he probably had a shortcut. I'd assume that since the tower mentioned that he came by, that means he used a different way in apart from the challenge route.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-21, 18:56   Link #48
Itlandm
Porcupine

A gamer and their favorite game being reunited in their respective afterlife is a plot device I've used a few times myself in my free fiction, after a fellow Daggerfall player pondered whether we would go to Daggerfall when we die. Who knows, maybe her fellow Skill Masters will show up when it is their time to shed their earthly body? Wouldn't that be a plot twist!

Anyway, this still continues to be a (mostly) heartwarming story to watch late at night. I feel a bit bad for her virtual kids though.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 13:49   Link #49
mickbis

I just start watch this and like it so far
her realization in episode3 is kinda heartbreaking
knowing she is the only of her kind...
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-26, 11:20   Link #50
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Its nice to see her finally make time for the kids. Though I really feel like I'm losing interest in this series quickly. Its cute but sort of lacking in charm.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-26, 14:45   Link #51
grecefar

Yeah it was cool of katartz to spoke sense to her and she apologize to them for being cruel after so long without see each other. They were so happy to see her again and she was just annoyed and this confirm that katartz is her favorite and you never play favorites with siblings.

Let's hope she gets better. It's like she said they are the only family she has now.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-26, 19:45   Link #52
Itlandm
Porcupine

It was really interesting to see her reaction at the end when she realized emotionally that this was no longer a game and dead people don't respawn. I recall a similar moment in "How not to summon a demon lord", of all places. I feel this is something that gets overlooked too much in the gamelit isekai genre. Of course, it was the main plot in Sword Art Online, and while the players respawned in Log Horizon, the NPCs did not. I wonder if it is going to influence this anime going forward. My guess would be not, given how easily Ceyna bounced back from the previous episode. This is not a story that takes itself too seriously.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-26, 22:21   Link #53
Strahan

I was glad to see her be kinder to the kids in the last episode. Bummed I have to wait a week to see what will surprise her about the letter.

I lost it when the centaur make a bandit shish kabob and swung them around like that, lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 00:05   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
(Well since the internet killed my original post, I'll just sum this one up lazily).

Good thing the favorite child is the favorite. Otherwise the older brother's personality would have been cruelly wiped out. At least while the MC's grasp on treating her family like living people is a work in progress, she does have a grasp of the weight involved in killing someone.

Makes sense that she stepped up to finish off the last guy herself. Already had blood on her hands anyways with the killing done by her summons. Might as well face the reality herself and take down that last guy. And she's improving by not sealing herself away after doing that.
Old 2022-01-27, 07:32   Link #55
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

the bandits wanted to kill them, so it's also fair that the bandits were killed. Glad Cayna just froze that guy to death - he actually had the less brutal death, since getting impaled with a spear or bitten by large dog is more painful than that. lol

looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 21:03   Link #56
VDZ

I'm still liking this series, but the drama fell completely flat to me. It tries to be serious about suddenly getting isekai'd but it's not committing to it enough for it to be any convincing. FlareKnight says she has 'a grasp of the weight involved in killing someone', but she ordered ordered the deaths of a dozen people, went 'shucks, that's kinda harsh if it's all real', cracked a joke about the centaur's name, looked sad for a bit and then straight up murdered the final remaining dude while spouting a badass one-liner. Instead of. You know. Using your overwhelming power to easily knock him out without causing serious harm? Gotta instead make a spectacle of it and then complain how sad it is that people have to die. And to top it off she makes the super-deep statement that people don't respawn when they die...except she comically killed Skargo just last episode and he was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
the internet killed my original post
When writing long posts, always copypaste to a text editor and save as temp.txt. Never trust web browsers.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-28, 10:34   Link #57
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 04:29.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-02, 13:19   Link #58
grecefar

dropped, I can't stand cayna anymore, comedy or not is an awful way to met her grandchild like that and be offended for every thing and act in such inmature way, one day she needs to see that is her real world now and they are not NPC, they have feelings too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-02, 13:53   Link #59
kari-no-sugata II

MC - You need more calcium in your diet.
Others - You shouldn't treat landmines like a bouncy castle
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-02, 14:23   Link #60
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
It was really interesting to see her reaction at the end when she realized emotionally that this was no longer a game and dead people don't respawn. I recall a similar moment in "How not to summon a demon lord", of all places. I feel this is something that gets overlooked too much in the gamelit isekai genre. Of course, it was the main plot in Sword Art Online, and while the players respawned in Log Horizon, the NPCs did not. I wonder if it is going to influence this anime going forward. My guess would be not, given how easily Ceyna bounced back from the previous episode. This is not a story that takes itself too seriously.
But my problem is that, she says this BEFORE she goes against that bandit so she could have held back but chose not to.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote