Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-02-02, 14:44   Link #61
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
But my problem is that, she says this BEFORE she goes against that bandit so she could have held back but chose not to.
I see no reason to hold back against someone who is willing to and probably has taken innocent lives. Yes she had an internal discussion about lives mattering now, and decided that the Bandit leader's did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
dropped, I can't stand cayna anymore, comedy or not is an awful way to met her grandchild like that and be offended for every thing and act in such inmature way, one day she needs to see that is her real world now and they are not NPC, they have feelings too.
While I'm not sure if it's clear how old she is now, Cayna is not exactly a mature adult. She was young(a teen?) when she was hospitalized and kids are prone to emotional outbursts. It doesn't really matter whether her character is a grandmother, just a little while ago she was a kid and probably her biggest social interaction was with other players in an online game where killing each other was probably a slap on the wrist.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-02, 16:33   Link #62
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
It doesn't really matter whether her character is a grandmother, just a little while ago she was a kid and probably her biggest social interaction was with other players in an online game where killing each other was probably a slap on the wrist.
I'm pretty sure she was a bit of a griefer before being isekai'ed.

I've really been losing interest as well... the comedy is mean spirited and the tone is all over the place. Maybe it'll get better once the kids and grandkids gag ends but I'm not so sure.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-02, 17:17   Link #63
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

I had a feeling that Cayna had a grandchild, but I wasn't expecting multiple of them and also a great grandchild lol.

Looking forward to seeing her destroy those rock golems in the next episode.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-02, 20:13   Link #64
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I'm pretty sure she was a bit of a griefer before being isekai'ed.

I've really been losing interest as well... the comedy is mean spirited and the tone is all over the place. Maybe it'll get better once the kids and grandkids gag ends but I'm not so sure.
The main advantage here is that she can get better. Without her flaws so would she also be perfect, all powerfull and that would be boring.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 04:54   Link #65
Friday
Im shy too...

ep5

all I'm gonna say is.....

her granddaughter is going to see how powerful her grandmother is
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 08:47   Link #66
Dop
Mmmm....

So... is there some kind of thing about people riding giant crabs?
This is the second show this season to feature that.
Am I missing something?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 10:14   Link #67
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

Cayna always getting angry is starting to get tiresome. And this show is starting to feel boring. The episode also felt like it dragged, as it was mostly filled up with forced comedy to eat up the time and make the golem fight a cliffhanger.

not looking forward much to next week. But will try to watch 2 more episodes, before decide to drop or continue.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 13:21   Link #68
zeross87

the novel make it better explained why she was angry as he was a lot more awefull at how he described her current inn and their people.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 13:59   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The humor has definitely been a bit shaky at points. It goes far enough at times that I'm less laughing and more just feeling sorry for Cayna's family. She's back in their lives which should be a good thing. But starting to wonder about that...

There is definitely room to grow as a person. But...be nice if the growth started at some point. Since they are treating her 'questionable parenting skills' as comedy I'm not really sure they will actually have her grow out of it.
Old 2022-02-03, 17:14   Link #70
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

In many ways it feels like, whatever she said, she's still in a video game and nothing matters. That's especially true when it comes to her family, despite the fact they're the ones who love her the most and most need her to treat them as real people and family.
Which makes it hard to sympathize with her anger on behalf of her inn friends. Like, that's where you chose to treat NPC seriously?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 23:54   Link #71
mickbis

The man inside the woman adventurer and Dragon is obviously game player imo
poor grand daughter tho she did nothing wrong aside from report but got blast by the snowball anyway
while the brother only got angry toward

with that said... I think Cayna anger and stuff isn't all that strange
considering her actual mentality age.
imagine a teen suddenly become great grandmother and a weirdo NPC as offspring
her mentality is "Freeze" and her action is still very immature
a family in this case is just her own side-character who she vaguely remember their personality aside from them bring her inventory

Last edited by mickbis; 2022-02-04 at 00:07.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-04, 02:51   Link #72
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
So... is there some kind of thing about people riding giant crabs?
This is the second show this season to feature that.
Am I missing something?
It is clear in manga/novel why Cayna summon a crab, the land she needs to cross is supposedly swamp with lot’s of water and no trees, for some reason the anime change it into forest, which means Cayna could have summon other being like the giant boar and it will still work. Not to mention the dense forest should not have enough space to summon a giant crab, much less a clear pathway without the trees being stomped.

Also it is not a mistake the anime depict the crab going straight instead sideway, that is how the novel originally presented it.
Old 2022-02-04, 19:20   Link #73
Itlandm
Porcupine

While I still generally enjoy this anime, I have to agree that the main character is its weakest point. She is someone to laugh at, not laugh with, and that laugh gets a bit forced when she repeatedly attacks her adopted family. I don't think the anime ever gave us her real-life age, but I got the impression she was at least late teens, certainly not as immature as her behavior suggests. And generally I would have expected a long-lasting severe illness followed by her physical death would incline her toward a more serious look at life. So that is a disappointment. But I enjoy the worldbuilding and most of the supportive cast, and the story is steadily evolving with new elements, even if the main character isn't (so far).
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-09, 12:03   Link #74
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

"This is not a game, therefore there are real life consequences...There is no reset buttons, no continues." blah blah blah, skip to "Why are you stopping me, I was going to finish him off."

Who is writing this dialogue? This main character is definitely the weakest point.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-09, 12:46   Link #75
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Who is writing this dialogue? This main character is definitely the weakest point.
Yeah at this point the chance of her improving seems to be about zero. I can't decide who is actually the more callous protagonist between her and #2 from World End Harem.
Old 2022-02-09, 13:23   Link #76
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Yeah at this point the chance of her improving seems to be about zero. I can't decide who is actually the more callous protagonist between her and #2 from World End Harem.
World's End Harem MC ( I assume you mean Reito) is definitely better, because he has a goal, he is more consistent. He loves his childhood friend and is only willing to mate with her. I don't see why he gets so much shit from the fan base. I mean, not everybody thinks with their lower parts you know.

Old 2022-02-09, 13:32   Link #77
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
"This is not a game, therefore there are real life consequences...There is no reset buttons, no continues." blah blah blah, skip to "Why are you stopping me, I was going to finish him off."

Because children with power are/can be incredibly dangerous, especially if they can't be reigned in. The kid basically has Ains level of power compared to the world he's in. Her options were to either end him or let him go and hope he's learned his lesson.

And if we're being completely fair here, the third option taken is arguably worse than Cayna's, we now have a scared child chained and bound in a deep dungeon for who know how long, and if he manages to break free it's going to be a disaster with a lot of life lost.
Old 2022-02-09, 13:40   Link #78
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Because children with power are/can be incredibly dangerous, especially if they can't be reigned in. The kid basically has Ains level of power compared to the world he's in. Her options were to either end him or let him go and hope he's learned his lesson.

And if we're being completely fair here, the third option taken is arguably worse than Cayna's, we now have a scared child chained and bound in a deep dungeon for who know how long, and if he manages to break free it's going to be a disaster with a lot of life lost.
My thing is that I was expecting Cayna to traumatise or scare off the kid enough so that he would learn his lesson. The whole "ending" him conflicts with her previous statement and makes it seem like, "oh well, ONLY I can decide who lives and who dies"

Again, bringing up my previous problem with the bandit raid, she goes through this monologue about this is real life, only when she gets hit by a fireball which doesn't phase her (do I dare say), she goes massive ice spell and outright kills the guy. Then she goes, oh no I killed somebody. I was like, you KNEW this would happen, you could have held back but didn't. So why are you sad that you ended a life when you could have avoided this dilemma. Now, if she had the whole "Oh shit, this is real life" AFTER she ended the guy, I would tolerate it because she didn't know.

We need a patch 1.01, please rewrite the story and character please....

Old 2022-02-09, 13:57   Link #79
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
I don't see why he gets so much shit from the fan base.
His disregard for the world in which he's found himself living is pretty much equal to Cayna, which is why I brought him up as a comparison. I think he's far worse than Cayna, but they're both effectively becoming villains in their worlds to those around them. I doubt we're going to agree though so I'll leave it at that.

I don't know if I'm going to drop this series but I'm definitely down to watching it to see how stupid things can get. I never expected the isekai with the peeing loli (Pupil of the Wise Man) would be the last isekai I care about this season but here we are.
Old 2022-02-09, 13:57   Link #80
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Again, bringing up my previous problem with the bandit raid, she goes through this monologue about this is real life, only when she gets hit by a fireball which doesn't phase her (do I dare say), she goes massive ice spell and outright kills the guy. Then she goes, oh no I killed somebody. I was like, you KNEW this would happen, you could have held back but didn't. So why are you sad that you ended a life when you could have avoided this dilemma. Now, if she had the whole "Oh shit, this is real life" AFTER she ended the guy, I would tolerate it because she didn't know.
So, basically what you're saying is, people can't be sad about taking a life when they resolved to do so before hand. Well wrap it up boys, blitz1/2 here just solved all our war veterans PTSD issues. We just need to walk up to them and say: "You KNEW this would happen, you could have held back but didn't. So why are you sad that you ended a life when you could have avoided this dilemma."

You know, for most normal people, taking a life makes them sad, even if they felt it was necessary. Sure, Cayna was leagues above him in power, but why exactly should she have spared the bandit leader? He showed zero remorse for taking lives and still continued to fight despite being so obviously outmatched.

Plain and simple: Morality is easy when you aren't the one in the Driver's seat.