AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 60 53.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-22, 06:00   Link #41
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yes, yes. That's the thing.
Something so horrible happens to Nanaka and no one bothers to tell Sana and his family?!
If they were more active, perhaps the situation wouldn't be so horrible.

When Sana asked Shuusuke why no one told him, Shuusuke replied "Could you have done something about it?" (or something like that).
But if no one tells him, he definitely will not be able to do anything.

Isn't there the possibility that they COULDN'T reach him while he was away?

Also, about Shuu not telling Sana when Sana came back: I think there's two part to this. One, is that it's been so long, the other friends are trying not to aggrevate the situation (wrong decision, but they probaby didn't realize how close Sana and Nanko were). Second, possibiliy there's too much story behind it to fill in a 12 episode anime (thus, get the game),

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Oh, yes, because next episode seems interesting, here's a sneak peek of next episode, which gives a better preview than the episode preview:

Spoiler for episode 9 preview summary:

Hah... Asami continues to be treated like this...

Poor(?) Asami.

Now, the ferris wheel...... I hope we get some nice scenes there.
Old 2007-11-22, 06:12   Link #42
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Isn't there the possibility that they COULDN'T reach him while he was away?
The only acceptable reason in my mind is if Sana is dead and that obviously isn't the case. Nanaka wanted Sana to be there to help her, we know that now, so I can't see Nanaka being the person going don't tell Sana.

Age has nothing to do with it, coz that is what parents, teachers and other people are there for.

Notice how she walked to school alone after the police suspected her. Shouldn't good friends have bundled around her to let her know they are there for her? Nothing better to add fuel to the rumour machine if she is on her own.

Sana is getting the sharp end of bad decisions from his friends and you know what is worse, they still scape goat him for it. I am just happy Sana had enough of being treated like a bag of dog doo and stood up for himself. If he carried on just sucking it up I could see both him and Nanaka breaking down. Instead he (thanks to plot device Asami) was able to lance this poisonous boil. And I fully blame her friends who were there for not being more supportive in the right way.
Old 2007-11-22, 06:23   Link #43
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Age has nothing to do with it, coz that is what parents, teachers and other people are there for.

Notice how she walked to school alone after the police suspected her. Shouldn't good friends have bundled around her to let her know they are there for her? Nothing better to add fuel to the rumour machine if she is on her own.

Sana is getting the sharp end of bad decisions from his friends and you know what is worse, they still scape goat him for it. I am just happy Sana had enough of being treated like a bag of dog doo and stood up for himself. If he carried on just sucking it up I could see both him and Nanaka breaking down. Instead he (thanks to plot device Asami) was able to lance this poisonous boil. And I fully blame her friends who were there for not being more supportive in the right way.
About her walking alone: it could have been several weeks/months after the fire and the police (we have to remember she broke her legs), so don't jump to conclusion about "no help from friends."

Also, I believe saying that the friends are scapegoating Sana is going too far. We have to remember that Nanako DIDN'T open up (possibly even when friends tried to help), and it seems she entirely relied on Sana, WHO WASN’T THERE FOR HER. Of course, you might ask “why didn’t they contact him,” but it’s probably due to the fact that they probably didn’t know how to reach him, and they didn’t know how much he mattered to Nanako. The friends didn’t make the right decision, but given the circumstances, I can’t blame them.
Old 2007-11-22, 06:31   Link #44
grey_moon

Quote:
About her walking alone: it could have been several weeks/months after the fire and the police (we have to remember she broke her legs), so don't jump to conclusion about "no help from friends."

Also, I believe saying that the friends are scapegoating Sana is going too far. We have to remember that Nanako DIDN'T open up (possibly even when friends tried to help), and it seems she entirely relied on Sana, WHO WASN’T THERE FOR HER. Of course, you might ask “why didn’t they contact him,” but it’s probably due to the fact that they probably didn’t know how to reach him, and they didn’t know how much he mattered to Nanako. The friends didn’t make the right decision, but given the circumstances, I can’t blame them.
The letter box should answer that point about her friends being there for her. If they were there for her why did she need to reach out to Sana in that method.

As I said earlier if you notice how they treat her when she was angry at Sana they left her to it. I have yet to see anything on their part that suggests they would act differently. Mine is an assumption based on actions they have displayed.

They could have helped her easily in many ways but the one that dominantly comes to mind is why didn't they contact Sana?

They are scape goating him. Each time Nanaka blows her top at Sana they let him take the blame. That must suck for Sana and for Nanaka. You see they have this thing called knowledge of the situation, Sana doesn't. Nanaka has something called trauma, they don't. By letting Sana get Nanaka angry that doesn't help anyone. By letting Sana stew in guilt that doesn't help anyone too. The only people it helps is themselves by letting them avoid getting involved.
Old 2007-11-22, 06:38   Link #45
Saleh
Inactive

Haven't seen latest episodes yet -

Quote:
The letter box should answer that point about her friends being there for her. If they were there for her why did she need to reach out to Sana in that method.
At time like these you only seek those closest to your heart. Fact is they weren't closest peoples to her. Only closest person remaining alive was Sana and if I had to blame anyone it would be her uncle.
Old 2007-11-22, 06:42   Link #46
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
Haven't seen latest episodes yet -

At time like these you only seek those closest to your heart. Fact is they weren't closest peoples to her. Only closest person remaining alive was Sana

This is same as my thought.

Also, humans are complex. Sometimes only one or two person can reach a person who has been in the typr of trauma Nanako has been in.
Old 2007-11-22, 06:52   Link #47
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
This is same as my thought.

Also, humans are complex. Sometimes only one or two person can reach a person who has been in the type of trauma Nanako has been in.
I agree. I was also considering the possibility that Syuri (not shuu) was trying to use Sana to treat Nanaka's wounds without actually letting them experience pain again. Flaw in her thinking was that she was only taking ideal scenario in mind and not the uncertain elements. But then after Nanaka's worst case scenario is over her personality would be much stronger than her treatment in a controlled scenario.
Old 2007-11-22, 06:54   Link #48
grey_moon

Only if you ignore how there is a whole box full of what looks like really distraught letters.

People are too forgiving of the friends when there has been no evidence that they helped in anyway. Actually in my mind they haven't helped at all and did worse from their actions on Sana's return.

And Shuu's little speech confirms my beliefs
Old 2007-11-22, 07:38   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

OH. MY. LORD.

I before I started getting the Torrent this morning, I've decided to pop my head around here, and two other blogs for a quick peak on this episode... The general reviews were good and very clearly emotional, but I didn't know how GOOD or EMOTIONAL it was until I've actually watched it !

Brilliant, just simply brilliant... It's been awhile since I've felt this way with a completely new series I've always thought that Clannad would be the one to get that reaction out of me first for this season This show surprises me again when I least expect it Because for the first time, I could really feel Nanaka's pain, which is different for me cause I have always 'understood' it, but very rarely do I feel it the way the characters do.

And the music... It just has to be the best tune to get emo with

And Kudos to both Sana and Nanaka's VA!

P.S - I don't know what to make of the next week's preview
Old 2007-11-22, 07:40   Link #50
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Haha, yeah. ef and Myself are shorter shows, so they get the meat WAY before Clannad.
Old 2007-11-22, 07:41   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Haha, yeah. ef and Myself are shorter shows, so they get the meat WAY before Clannad.
I know I know I guess I misjudge them all
Old 2007-11-22, 10:35   Link #52
cshard

Maa... although this show was on my "list of nice but unimportant shows", after this episode, it looks like I should elevate it higher. XD

Oh yes, after this thread seems to have hammered in the point that it's Koshimizu Ami voicing Nanaka... Somehow my brain is having a logic disconnect due to the fact that she also voiced Tsukamoto Tenma, Kannazuki Megumi as well as Sakura Sae. Hearing that normally ditzy voice play Nanaka is quite interesting to say the least.

Spoiler for Hidden for length:

Nanaka and Sana get some alone time next episode? Sounds good. XD Where was it shown that they'll be having a ferris wheel ride again? On the official website?
Old 2007-11-22, 12:08   Link #53
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshard View Post
Nanaka and Sana get some alone time next episode? Sounds good. XD Where was it shown that they'll be having a ferris wheel ride again? On the official website?
Yeah, it has a short summary of the next ep along with other pictures for the next episode that were not shown in the preview.

Im curious if it says Sana and Nanaka get some alone time, why is it that in the preview she looked like she was sick?

Also looks like Shuri breaks down on the ferris wheel and talks with Shuu.

Anyway here is the link for the official website:
http://www.anime-myyour.com/onair/index.html
Old 2007-11-22, 12:14   Link #54
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
It's really starting to get interesting and better now. Therefor I gave it a 10.

Interesting about the fire. The last scene was done very well and the voice acting was done a lot better.
Old 2007-11-22, 12:23   Link #55
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Only if you ignore how there is a whole box full of what looks like really distraught letters.

People are too forgiving of the friends when there has been no evidence that they helped in anyway. Actually in my mind they haven't helped at all and did worse from their actions on Sana's return.

And Shuu's little speech confirms my beliefs
though they really cant do anything to help...nanaka has changed so much since that time, she has pretty much isolated herself, i think what they thought was that time could heal wounds (and since it was a few years back you cant blame them for thinking that way). and before you know it, they are hardly even talking until the arrival of sana.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-22, 12:41   Link #56
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
amazing eps 10/10

the last half was very well done scene, with the background music, the timing, the background art, the voice acting, lot of character developing and background, pure emotion~

the red help me help me help me parts send a shiver down my spine...ghost hunt flashback
I was watching this episode at 1 AM in the morning with the lights turned off the and red help letter just scared the shit out of me. Nevertheless, it was an excellent episode, although I'm still iffy on if it's the best of this season. I didn't watch ef 7 yet, and so far I'd say that Clannad 7 gets number one spot and this gets number two.

10/10
Old 2007-11-22, 12:51   Link #57
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Great episode, I can't even wait for the next one to what happens next:
Spoiler for SPOILER:
Old 2007-11-22, 13:06   Link #58
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

It was a good episode. Shuu was kind of a let down. "What could you have done?". "A hell of a lot more then you!!" I wanted Shana to reply like that. Though Shana did well in this ep. He showed some balls which I thought he lacked. Anyhow seems like a great couple. They both carry some heavy luggage.

I highly doubt Shana is emo though. I am also betting on that that watch is a gift from a friend who died.

And the plot thickens du-du-da-duuummmm.
Old 2007-11-22, 13:14   Link #59
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
It was a good episode. Shuu was kind of a let down. "What could you have done?". "A hell of a lot more then you!!" I wanted Shana to reply like that. Though Shana did well in this ep. He showed some balls which I thought he lacked. Anyhow seems like a great couple. They both carry some heavy luggage.

I highly doubt Shana is emo though. I am also betting on that that watch is a gift from a friend who died.

And the plot thickens du-du-da-duuummmm.
umm I don't know if your doing it on purpose but it's Sana not Shana

Since you did it 3 times one has to wonder.
Old 2007-11-22, 13:17   Link #60
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
umm I don't know if your doing it on purpose but it's Sana not Shana

Since you did it 3 times one has to wonder.
Ah yeah. Didn't realize it. I have said it the good way in the past though. Blame that loli with burning red hair.
Closed Thread