AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-17, 18:19   Link #321
Sotobrastos

I hope Saehee gets phased out of the story--she's boring. The new chick with Sosul and maybe that yandere-looking black haired girl should be harem enough for Shioon.
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 21:19   Link #322
Azoth

I just finish reading all the breaker (part 1) chapter last week and finish reading the two chapters i'm not dissing the artwork I think the art is great but is new wave really draw by the same artist? The art change so dramatically from the transition of part 1 to part 2. Is he rushing the artwork because it weekly. A drawing in part 1 for Shioon and Saehee look different from the drawing in part 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotobrastos View Post
I hope Saehee gets phased out of the story--she's boring. The new chick with Sosul and maybe that yandere-looking black haired girl should be harem enough for Shioon.

I'm kind of cheering for Shioon and Saehee to be together I hoped it happen but a last it is shonen manga I don't think Shioon well end up with Saehee or any other girls that was introduced in the end of the story.

There a lot of manga that put a main character with love interest but it never happen. I can list some of them Hikaru no Go, Prince of Tennis, Tenghe Tenjou, Mx0, Pretty Face, To Love-Ru, and many more I just can't remember.
Azoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 04:02   Link #323
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
I'm kind of cheering for Shioon and Saehee to be together I hoped it happen but a last it is shonen manga I don't think Shioon well end up with Saehee or any other girls that was introduced in the end of the story.

There a lot of manga that put a main character with love interest but it never happen. I can list some of them Hikaru no Go, Prince of Tennis, Tenghe Tenjou, Mx0, Pretty Face, To Love-Ru, and many more I just can't remember.
Well, this is a manhwa so things may or may not be the same. However for shounen, while it's true that the main character may never really quite "get together" with anyone, it's usually made quite clear who the main characters heart belongs to, as well as shown that they have a strong bond even if they're not shown hugging and kissing at the end. Examples of this being Ushio & Tora and Ranma ½ for example.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 04:29   Link #324
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotobrastos View Post
Though she has not had much incidence on the story (that is, if you completely forget that she was the catalyst for some of Shihoon's most memorable righteous anger episodes - which also happen to be some of the audience's most awaited and cherished moments), phasing her out of the story altogether means severing Shihoon's most prominent link to the normal world and devoting him to the world of Murim, both mind and body...which is, given his non-belligerent nature, is something I'm not sure he desires wholeheartedly. He does need a modicum of normalcy in those troubled times.

Of course, given the fact that the Murim world's is fraying at the edges and he is being inexorably drawn in by the cycle of blind revenge, quest for power and endless violence, his total and final induction into the Murim will happen sooner or later, but that doesn't mean he has to forgo his previous life and acquaintances, not unless he is coerced, by unfavorable circumstances, to pull the cliché "I'm distancing myself for you to protect you" move.
Old 2010-10-18, 08:35   Link #325
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Is The Breaker new waves, bi-weekly(twice a month) or weekly?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 09:06   Link #326
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Is The Breaker new waves, bi-weekly(twice a month) or weekly?
Weekly, but since it's the authors' first try with this kind of schedule, the frequency could change in the future.
Old 2010-10-21, 23:30   Link #327
DarkLordOfkichiku

Chapter 3 is out. Well... At least Shioon isn't just standing there :

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/series/view/BREAKER2/3
Old 2010-10-21, 23:59   Link #328
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah yes, a reminder of one of the best hidden weapons in the world since the beginning of martial arts...

And damn, she's ...flexible...
Old 2010-10-22, 00:06   Link #329
Iron21

lol, he threw his shoe.

They're lethal weapons.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 02:23   Link #330
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

No chapter next week - the authors are already starting to feel the strain of belting out 20-30 pages per week instead of the usual 10-20s. That's what happens when you try to make a monthly release a weekly one.

Either they keep this up (with a few breaks in between to catch their breath) or they move it to a biweekly release.
Old 2010-10-22, 09:34   Link #331
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
No chapter next week - the authors are already starting to feel the strain of belting out 20-30 pages per week instead of the usual 10-20s. That's what happens when you try to make a monthly release a weekly one..
It may be quite worse than that. Remember that he's also working on another manga, Beast 9, at the same time, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Either they keep this up (with a few breaks in between to catch their breath) or they move it to a biweekly release.
Well, biweekly would be fine too. Anyway, for those who haven't yet noticed, the scanlated chapter is out at A-team...
Old 2010-10-22, 09:56   Link #332
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Part of his problem seems to be that he's kind of attuned his writing and drawing storyboarding to his general old Breaker style. That means he's used to attaching cliffhangers and break-off points to his storytelling at a pace of 20+ or more pages, which could be difficult to make a sudden transition from, since now he has to manage the same workload at much less of a time.

Yeah, either he learns to adapt to a lesser page count per week, or biweekly works. He's already done pretty well, considering.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 01:17   Link #333
gameboy234

Juz noticed that the new wave is scanlated.. Shioon seem too soft and weak. He did learn some skills and now he can't even execute at all?

The new gal is HOT. Go for it shiioon!
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 01:47   Link #334
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
Juz noticed that the new wave is scanlated.. Shioon seem too soft and weak. He did learn some skills and now he can't even execute at all?

The new gal is HOT. Go for it shiioon!
well his ki-center was destroyed/dmg'ed which is the source of power to execute all skills of his... as they are based on ki-energy

yet I wonder who is that girl... it would be funny if she is a sister/cousin of Shion's master XD like he knew that murim will want to hurt him so he send her to guard him...watch over him.... or maybe she is a sister of that woman that loved Shion's master and was killed at the end of S1 that pissed him off... [she was sniped down from far far away]

hard to tell... but it would be funny as shit if she was grown up Sosul xD (her ki flow was restored to its natural path and her body could return to her proper age... as she was 16/17 and looked like 10-11y old kid)

I guess time will show...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 15:10   Link #335
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well his ki-center was destroyed/dmg'ed which is the source of power to execute all skills of his... as they are based on ki-energy

yet I wonder who is that girl... it would be funny if she is a sister/cousin of Shion's master XD like he knew that murim will want to hurt him so he send her to guard him...watch over him.... or maybe she is a sister of that woman that loved Shion's master and was killed at the end of S1 that pissed him off... [she was sniped down from far far away]

hard to tell... but it would be funny as shit if she was grown up Sosul xD (her ki flow was restored to its natural path and her body could return to her proper age... as she was 16/17 and looked like 10-11y old kid)

I guess time will show...
I dunno, that's a pretty big personality change, especially towards Shion, and I doubt her clan would let her run around getting herself beat up like that.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 18:12   Link #336
KrimzonStriker

Smart money is that she's a part of Sosul's clan, that Shioon now runs, and was put on guard duty both to protect him without intruding on his space unless he agreed to otherwise, also likely that she doesn't exactly approve of this transfer of power and is only doing it out of duty, hence why she seemed so resentful towards him despite not even really knowing him at that point other then as her mark.
Old 2010-10-25, 23:46   Link #337
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

She's definitely not Sosul.

Read back Part 1, there was a scene where the new girl among a few was introduced by Striped Suit Slint Eyes to Shiion while Shiion was still bed-ridden and roughly unconscious.

So yeah, it's almost definitely confirmed that she's some form of bodyguard assigned by the Slint Eyed guy.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 01:50   Link #338
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

The new girl is hot. I hope we'll see her every week since the manhwa has become weekly now.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 07:49   Link #339
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I think I said this before already, but the new girl doesn't impress me =0\. I mean, sure, she's kinda hot, but her entrance wasn't as..."interesting" as Sosul's or even Shiho's. Wonder if her name's gonna start with an "S" as well (>.>)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Yeah, either he learns to adapt to a lesser page count per week, or biweekly works. He's already done pretty well, considering.
Wasn't there a author's note that translated saying he was getting more staff because he was unsatisfied with the quality of his artwork? Either way, I don't mind it going monthly and having 30+ pages, but the level of his artwork... well, it's not that I DON'T understand, it's just from the very beginning, the scans were the high quality manga vol scans, so it kind of hits a little bit when you suddenly see it in its simpler form.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 07:55   Link #340
Lummie

I'm not so sure whether the girl Shioon saw in the hospital and current one really are the same. I guess the only thing comparable are the earrings, both wear the same pair, so, the question is: Did the illustrator decide to change her design slightly?

Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves