AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-18, 14:48   Link #21
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Then it just means she is damn weak.
Realistically speaking, when I would fight with monsters (on war), I would be mentally prepared for such a meek abuse. But hey I'm not a women, when it comes to their loves and such they are stupid.
To be frank she can clean Casca (Berserk) shoes with her character strength.
Presumptuous idiocy. Read the actual manga and understand the context before you start to judge. Chapter 21 had nothing to do with 'meek abuse', and nothing to do with Cecily being a woman either (except for Siegfried forcefully attempting to make her feel ashamed of it). Siegfried is (more or less) the person behind all the monster attacks Cecily has had to struggle against in the first place, and Cecily's frustration and inability to act comes from the fact that politically she is unable to do anything to stop it. Siegfried's assault upon Cecily was as much about an abuse of political power and privilege as it was about physical strength. You go ahead and read your Berserk or whatever, where the only thing that matters is the ability to beat shit up and kill things, but that is not the kind of story they're telling here.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 14:50   Link #22
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Then it just means she is damn weak.
Realistically speaking, when I would fight with monsters (on war), I would be mentally prepared for such a meek abuse. But hey I'm not a women, when it comes to their loves and such they are stupid.
To be frank she can clean Casca (Berserk) shoes with her character strength.
Wow. Despite there being many things wrong with what you just said, all I'll say is how about reading the entire series before reaching a judgment. But who knows, I'm just speculating. For all I know she gets over this pretty quickly. And if that's your definition of 'meek' abuse...ugh.

Edit: ninja'd by sol
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 15:02   Link #23
Miraluka
Banned

Reading at the speed of the light!!!!

WOw, this Siegfried guy is reall a jerk, somebody really needs to kill him. BTW, poor Cecily, even if it wasn't sucessful, the damage isn't that different.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 15:10   Link #24
Xaturas

Sure np will read it sometime, I didn't even watch 1 full ep of anime (jumped trough it), it was just so-so, and there was so many series to watch.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 18:37   Link #25
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
Agreed. After what happened in Chapters 15 and 16 though, there was no way they weren't going to come to a head sooner or later. It just goes to show how much Cecily rattled Siegfried that he had to go to such lengths to try and destroy her, or rather her beliefs, down to their very core.

This latest development has Cecily at a real crossroads. If she chooses a path of vengeance in order to kill Siegfried, or at the very least have a hand in killing him, it will come at the cost of abandoning everything she's been fighting for up until now and effectively proving him right. Or, as I'm hoping for, she can stand up from this and rise to the true aspiration of knighthood that's been her driving force from the very beginning.

Either way, things are getting quite interesting. This is turning out to be quite a bit more entertaining than the anime.
Very true. I too am also wondering on how Cecily will overcome this. As what was seen in chapter 21, it was bad enough that her pride and dignity was taken away in such a fashion, but what will her action be in the upcomming chapters to deal with what has happen to her. It will be interesting to see how all this is resolved and whether or not Siegfried gets what he deserves in on fashion or another.
Old 2011-08-18, 20:02   Link #26
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Got a question for anyone who read the novels.:
Old 2011-08-18, 20:08   Link #27
xeon921

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler:
xeon921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 20:30   Link #28
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Very true. I too am also wondering on how Cecily will overcome this. As what was seen in chapter 21, it was bad enough that her pride and dignity was taken away in such a fashion, but what will her action be in the upcomming chapters to deal with what has happen to her. It will be interesting to see how all this is resolved and whether or not Siegfried gets what he deserves in on fashion or another.
You're certainly correct. Cecily has a real challenge in front of her to overcome having her dignity taken from her in such a horrendous way. It's specifically because of that that she's the last person suited to killing Siegfried, IMO. If anyone's had any proper buildup to it, it would have to be Luke.

After that clash of swords we saw at the beginning of Chapter 16 and especially after the way Siegfried went out of his way to expose Lisa's secret in the most recent Chapter 21, I'd be very surprised if these two don't end up fighting at some point.

Can Luke actually win though? I dunno. Siegfried is definitely no pushover, no matter how much we may despise him. It'll be a close one at the very least. That's what makes it so exciting.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 20:33   Link #29
Xagzan

Well again, I am glad it didn't go so far as rape. It would suck if Cecily (god I keep wanting to call her Celty. Silly Drrr!) had her first time ruined like that. Her first is supposed to be with Ari--I mean Luke
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 20:45   Link #30
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Look at it this way, there's a reason he wasn't able to do it. It probably has to do with Siegfried himself that would prevent him from doing so.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 21:02   Link #31
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Yep, have to say the manga is superior to the anime. Characters are shown in a much better way. And when I read the LN, the manga and LN were nearly identical so I was surprised in a good way. Since volume 5 of the manga covers LN volume 3, there's a good chance the manga series goes over 16 volumes so long as the LN continues for far longer than its current 10 volumes and it keeps the pace up.

That, and this artist is pretty good at the fanservice side of things. Especially with that Sacred Blackstar eroge joke he made for the BokuTomo manga with Lucas and Cecilia.
Old 2011-08-18, 22:50   Link #32
Who

Spoiler for Ch 22::

Last edited by Who; 2011-08-18 at 23:08.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 23:06   Link #33
Xion Valkyrie

I guess it only took a chapter...

I guess the plot is going to speed foward.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 23:09   Link #34
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm curious about one thing before I actually start this up- considering that the title is the Sacred Blacksmith, i.e. Luke, it seemed rather odd for the title character to do so little other then save Cecily every now and then in the anime... does Luke get more screentime in the manga, or is it still 85% Cecily, 15% (or less) Luke?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 23:14   Link #35
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Well that certainly didn't take very long, though I'm still anxious to see how she'll handle her next confrontation with Siegfried.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 01:08   Link #36
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Fastest recovery ever? lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 01:25   Link #37
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Fastest recovery ever? lol
I wouldn't say fastest, it was about a week. I'm surprised Cecily crashed that bad tbh

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 01:35   Link #38
NoLongerSane

Well, it would seem that Cecily gets her pride back this chapter.
Spoiler for Chapter 22:
Old 2011-08-19, 02:21   Link #39
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

For those that want to be quasi-spoiled about Cecily's recovery...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-19, 02:51   Link #40
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for Chapter 22:
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blacksmith, fantasy, seinen, swords