AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-10, 11:38   Link #41
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Remember that legends and everything from the Nasuverse (including heroic spirits) is based on the BELIEF of people, making the various depictions of the many charcaters possible.

Gilgamesh could very well be the prototype version as well as the Stay Night/Zero version, Arthur could very well be Arthuria, and vice versa.

Nasu has made it all that there are LOTS of unaccounted factors and lots of variables in his mystic world (which is one of the reasons why I've taken an interest into fan-ficcing it as it leaves a LOT to imagine for the reader.)

The reader can imagine many things, and there can be many explanations as to why "x" is possible or why "y" isn't as powerful, etc...
Old 2012-01-10, 12:33   Link #42
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Pegasus was born form Medusa blood, so Perseus could not have ridden it.

Quote:
2. But Medusa didn't ride anything.
i agree with you on that one. I pointed that out myself but as others have pointed put Nasu is the creator god here. He can do whatever he wants.
Old 2012-01-10, 13:06   Link #43
Xion Valkyrie

Well, if you want to stretch things, from the original story you could say Medusa 'rode' Poseidon.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 13:09   Link #44
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A+ riding skill takes on another context?
Old 2012-01-10, 13:49   Link #45
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol, please don't go there...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 14:18   Link #46
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
A+ riding skill takes on another context?
no wonder Shirou likes to read books in her room.
Old 2012-01-10, 14:24   Link #47
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, if you want to stretch things, from the original story you could say Medusa 'rode' Poseidon.
In some versions she was raped. Sakura being the one who summoned her makes sense in context.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 14:55   Link #48
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't Perseus be on the same level as Gil? I mean, Zeus is his father and all.
Old 2012-01-10, 15:21   Link #49
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Wouldn't Perseus be on the same level as Gil? I mean, Zeus is his father and all.
Yeah but so was Hercules and he still got trounced.
Old 2012-01-10, 15:28   Link #50
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Gil is 3/4 god, Perseus is only 1/2.
Old 2012-01-10, 15:54   Link #51
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought Gil was 2/3 God?
Old 2012-01-10, 16:35   Link #52
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I imagine if Hercules wasn't Mad he'd have done better. Though I wonder if Illya would still have him wrapped around her little finger if he was sane? CAn you imagine Hercules as a Saber?

Also, genetically, you can't be 2/3 anything. We know he had one god for a parent so Gil is at least 1/2 a god. His father may or may not have been part god. But storytellers love to weave tales. 2/3 god is so impossible that it makes it a good story.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-01-10 at 17:44.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:13   Link #53
ChronoReverse

In Babylonian legends, you can literally have more than one father. That's the origin of Gilgamesh's 2/3 divinity.

Also, Gilgamesh isn't powerful because of his divinity; he is powerful because he is the oldest king and his vault the origin of almost every noble phantasm held by heroes.

Also, in Nasuverse, the heroic spirits were all real so no you can't have a male Arthur. Even the "fake heroic spirit", Kojiro the False Assassin, was a wraith of a real person who was able to perform Tsubame Gaeshi. He just wasn't really the Kojiro of legend; since Kojiro never actually existed even though people thought he did, the grail had to summon the closest substitute instead.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 04:29   Link #54
ivan_mccormik

I think I totally would have preferred this alternative version of Fate over F/SN. When I heard that Type-Moon changed genders around, it seems like they made considerations based on target fan demographics over telling a good story.

The whole explanation of female Saber's background alone is a huge clusterf**k. How does a king get away with hiding her gender for that long? Magic? And Mordred was born from Saber when she magically got transformed temporarily into a male? What?

I don't know. I just can't take female Saber as seriously when I think too hard about it. It just doesn't pass fridge logic.

There's also this one screenshot of prototype Gilgamesh that is totally awesome, because the blood on his face makes him look kinda like Kratos from God of War. http://images.wikia.com/typemoon/ima...ype_Archer.png

But if they ever *do* get Fate/Prototype green-lit they seriously need Gen Urobochi to finish the script. That man is a genius.
ivan_mccormik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 11:26   Link #55
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_mccormik View Post
The whole explanation of female Saber's background alone is a huge clusterf**k. How does a king get away with hiding her gender for that long? Magic?
Partially. At least, it is said that Merlin used a bit of magic to help keeping up her appearence as a man (actually outright transforming her into one, for a time).

Quote:
And Mordred was born from Saber when she magically got transformed temporarily into a male? What?
No, Mordred was a homunculus created by Morgan le fay, AFAIR...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 13:39   Link #56
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I think I totally would have preferred this alternative version of Fate over F/SN. When I heard that Type-Moon changed genders around, it seems like they made considerations based on target fan demographics over telling a good story.

The whole explanation of female Saber's background alone is a huge clusterf**k. How does a king get away with hiding her gender for that long? Magic? And Mordred was born from Saber when she magically got transformed temporarily into a male? What?

I don't know. I just can't take female Saber as seriously when I think too hard about it. It just doesn't pass fridge logic.

There's also this one screenshot of prototype Gilgamesh that is totally awesome, because the blood on his face makes him look kinda like Kratos from God of War. http://images.wikia.com/typemoon/ima...ype_Archer.png

But if they ever *do* get Fate/Prototype green-lit they seriously need Gen Urobochi to finish the script. That man is a genius.
it wasn't so much as hiding her gender as most people just ignore it. People were sick and tire of the civil war and getting raid by the vikings and the Normans.
Old 2012-01-14, 19:59   Link #57
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I really like the idea of it myself. Gilgamesh in this is way better than the Gilgamesh in F/SN, mostly due to his actual... well, fighting. Saber and Rider are better as well, with Lancer being the only one where both are relatively equal (though think I may prefer prototype). But disagree on Urobuichi coming in (likely spelled it off), would like to see him try another author if Nasu can't do it himself.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 21:01   Link #58
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I really like the idea of it myself. Gilgamesh in this is way better than the Gilgamesh in F/SN, mostly due to his actual... well, fighting. Saber and Rider are better as well, with Lancer being the only one where both are relatively equal (though think I may prefer prototype). But disagree on Urobuichi coming in (likely spelled it off), would like to see him try another author if Nasu can't do it himself.
not sure what you got against Gen but how about Nisio Ishin
Old 2012-01-14, 21:24   Link #59
GDB

If it were going to be made completely, I'd much rather Nasu write it or no one at all. It is his original story from high school, after all.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 22:37   Link #60
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Nasu did write Unlimited Gar Works and Heaven's Feel, which were great scenarios in their own way, however, for ANIME adaptation... I don't think Nasu ever directed the adaptations of his own works right?

What we need for that first of all is a GOOD studio. (Answer would be Unfotable...)