AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-06, 18:11   Link #41
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I have only one question:

Where did they find the script from the Create-a-Storyline that I made in Smackdown vs Raw 2010?
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:49   Link #42
takai
Easy Muffin

Infinite Stratos, Freezing and now this? What an oppai-tasic season!

I couldn't help but laugh at most of this. I just can't take this stuff seriously. Entertaining nonetheless.

At least short hair is in right now.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:52   Link #43
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
I couldn't help but laugh at most of this. I just can't take this stuff seriously. Entertaining nonetheless.

90% fan service driven and 10% plot driven..... the lead girl is an idiot.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:58   Link #44
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Am I also the only one who found their odd dedication towards wrestling realism to be extremely amusing? I can't imagine that I am the only Lucha Libre fan who enjoyed this anime.
Old 2013-10-06, 20:00   Link #45
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
90% fan service driven and 10% plot driven.....the lead girl is an idiot.
Idiot is such a strong word... try to think of her as naively optimistic or an unbalanced ditz. Or something more tame that you'd prefer of course.
Old 2013-10-06, 20:26   Link #46
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai. From Idol Vocalist to Underdog Pro-Wrestler

This is the show that I have been eagerly expecting for three months, and I took the liberty to watch the first episode two times in the same day. My opinion is that the first episode delivered pleasantly my expectations regarding where the storyline and plot will be heading.

For a little bit of personal background stories, my little sister and I used to watch lucha libre (Mexican Wrestling) bouts broadcasted in TV. There was once a time that "Lucha Libre" was considered an art in my home country, and still recall those old but good times during the early to the middle 1990's.

The wrestler character Kazama Rio mentions that wrestling moves must be showy, and she isn't far off from the truth. Signature moves and other wrestling techniques need to be showy as well as packing in raw power.

I hold to the belief that Japanese wrestling took a great deal of either influence or inspiration borrowed from Mexican lucha libre. For example, Kazama Rio challenges Sakura to a bout where both competitors are betting their hair, and that is what she meant with "Cabellera contra cabellera"; Spanish translated as "Hair vs hair".

There's also "Mascara contra mascara"; Spanish translates to "Mask vs mask". This is a bout where and when two masked wrestlers bet each others' masks, and there's also as well "Mascara contra cabellera"; translation to "Mask vs hair". This last one is self-explanatory about the type of challenge, wrestling bout is.

At least in Mexican lucha libre for a wrestler to be either unmasked or having the hair cut right after losing a challenge match in public is considered a major disgrace for said wrestler's career as "luchador" (translates to wrestler).

Now, returning the discussion back to the show, there are multiple factors as to why Sakura shamlessly loses to Kazama Rio, and the most poignant is that utterly the former lacks experience in an art or discipline or sport that is outside of her scope. Honestly, did Sakura expect to beat Rio within just a short amount of time after the latter issued the challenge? Sorry to say this, but it is virtually impossible to take on a pro with just doing some training for a few days and possessing cero experience against other wrestlers to have the body properly toned and bulked-up for the challenge.
Moreover, I am surprised that Sakura did not receive any major lessions or contusions right after the match was over like, for example, getting a hip broken. Nevertheless, I truly liked Sakura standing her ground again and declaring to go pro to take on Rio once more for a future rematch. This is simply because I love this kind of sports drama stories featuring the underdog protagonist that makes his or her way rising towards the top while facing and experiencing the difficulties at getting there while braving the challenges.

I can tell you that Kazama Rio is just the tip of the iceberg that Sakura will face now that she has set feet inside a brand-new world for her, the world of pro-wrestling.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 20:29   Link #47
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
This is the show that I have been eagerly expecting for three months, and I took the liberty to watch the first episode two times in the same day. My opinion is that the first episode delivered pleasantly my expectations regarding where the storyline and plot will be heading.
The fact you can get so excited about this show is fucking awesome. The fact that fans like you exist is part of what makes the world such an awesome place.
Old 2013-10-06, 20:43   Link #48
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
Am I also the only one who found their odd dedication towards wrestling realism to be extremely amusing? I can't imagine that I am the only Lucha Libre fan who enjoyed this anime.
I'm a bit familiar with Lucha Libre, but my pro wrestling familiarity is mostly through American federations like WWE, WCW, TNA, and ECW.

The pro wrestling in this first episode is not bad. And yeah, I'm glad that they're playing this as "for real" instead of as "scripted". It's much more fun to have it presented as "for real", imo.

Even though it is presented as "for real", I like the self-awareness of Kazama's character. She gets the importance of flashiness/showiness and good feuds in pro wrestling. I think that's at least partly why she was excited over Sakura wanting a re-match with her.
Old 2013-10-06, 20:49   Link #49
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

I know it's a vain dream, but I hope near the end of the series Kazama just tells her that the reason she was being a bitch was because she was just being the heel.
Old 2013-10-06, 20:54   Link #50
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm a bit familiar with Lucha Libre, but my pro wrestling familiarity is mostly through American federations like WWE, WCW, TNA, and ECW.
Don't take this bad, but I'm pretty much dissapointed with the type of wrestling bouts that the American federation wrestlers engage into.

They feel to me more like advocating and showing-off too much "ultra-violence" so to speak at extreme lengths, and I do not state this based upon having watched a couple of bouts on American wrestlers.

Back in the early 1990's thanks to cable TV networks I was able to get hold of American Wrestling broadcasts during the time that the WWF existed; the times when Jake "the Snake" Roberts and the "Undertaker" were still wrestling on the ring.
At least, I can recall to have watched 20-30 WWF matches. After gaining enough experience as a spectator on American wrestling, I said to myself that this looked more to me like a sort of entertainment circus rather than entertainment sport or match.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 22:38   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I really can't feel that bad for what the main character is going to go through since she literally asked for it...twice. After already seeing her friend get her ass kicked . While some people would say "ok not my field, I'll focus on what I'm good at" she's decided to throw her whole self into this. Kind of funny that she was the one that recognizes that the ring is important to wrestlers and yet is the type that loses her head and does rash things without thinking. Can only imagine what she's going to put herself through in order to settle this grudge. Though of course with how these things goes she'll find her passion in it and probably stay full time.

At least her friend just had to suffer once before having the sense to go back to idol work . Kind of jumped between sighing at Sakura's recklessness, but appreciating her spirit. Kind of hard to let some things go and some might just let that frustrating sit in the back of their minds and never do anything about it. At least by the end she should take this girl down and feel satisfied in that.

Otherwise a good chunk of the series should be watching this girl get her ass kicked and thrown into various holds along the way. That in itself should make it a series worth enjoying . Pretty good cast voice wise and can certainly understand why they went out to get them .
Old 2013-10-06, 22:47   Link #52
HandofFate

I probably keep watching to hear Kirino get beat up more. Then drop it once she starts winning.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 00:34   Link #53
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
What the? Is this airing now? Crap how late am I?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 01:35   Link #54
MasterVampire

This anime sounds like Hentai when your watching it lol

And those close ups of the faces when the girls are in pain its like they are getting penetrated lmao

Last edited by MasterVampire; 2013-10-07 at 01:55.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 03:02   Link #55
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
90% fan service driven and 10% plot driven..... the lead girl is an idiot.
Coupled with excessive censoring and extremely bad character design (not being able to distinguish between all the "idols" if they visit a hair salon is a very, very bad character design!). Animation director also doesn't know how to create a proper fan service - showing the same cliche angles for far too long.

Plot so far is nonexistent...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 03:10   Link #56
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
This anime sounds like Hentai when your watching it lol

And those close ups of the faces when the girls are in pain its like they are getting penetrated lmao
Yeah, same goes for the Drama CD back then! Still, this show is full of crotch shots!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 05:20   Link #57
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

episode 1: Asuna vs Leafa

yep

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 05:42   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
episode 1: Asuna vs Leafa

yep
Clearly after Asuna saw all the stuff going on in the second half of that series .
Old 2013-10-07, 18:33   Link #59
ShiroiRyu

So good ...
Liked the OP ...
The only problem was the censor. ^^
Old 2013-10-07, 21:34   Link #60
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Wow, is Sakura ever good at selling. She managed to make Boston Crabs, Camel Clutches, and a basic Sleeper Hold seem like the most epically painful pro wrestling moves ever!

Gotta admit though that in all my years of watching pro wrestling, I don't think I've ever seen someone use Kazama's "Shame Hold". Pretty creative submission move there, lol.

I'm watching this anime mainly because I was a pro wrestling fan for a long time. I know that this show is obviously about the fanservice, but I am curious to see how well the pro wrestling side is done. It's undermined a bit by the pervy camera angles, but at least most of these moves are actual pro wrestling moves. And Sakura/Kazama do have a good face/heel thing going on.

Sakura reaching out to the crowd during the sleeper hold honestly reminded me of so many Hulk Hogan matches where he was doing exactly the same thing - Only difference being that the Hulkster hulked up through drawing on the cheers of the crowd to break out of the hold while Sakura really did fall unconscious, losing the match.

On the other hand, in hair vs. hair matches, the loser usually gets shaved bald. But I guess we can't have our lead heroine going bald.

I'm going to stick with this for now, but admittedly, there's not much here if you're not into pure fanservice or pro wrestling.
Lol, Triple. Finally there's a wrestling anime! Haven't seen it, but I bet it's better than what they actually pass off as wrestling these days.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beautiful girls, ecchi, seinen, shounen, wrestling