AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-22, 13:51   Link #3861
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
I'm sure that's impossible since she went back to china to be the next head.
I meant in the possible future where they cross paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Yeah, I have read the first chapters and I still don't hate him or think he's a d-bag. How many of you people still hate Hattori? Morisaki just gets no screen time to "admit that Tatsuya is strong" so people are still irritated and huffy that he was being so arrogant. I'm actually curious about whether this chapter highlights how he's changed since the 9-schools competition.

Geez, he's a 16 year old boy who's near the top of his class .. do people not expect him to be arrogant?
I was specifically referring to the Yuutousei series where he's a total ass. He's much worse than in the Rettousei manga and the LN. He's even drawn like a bad guy. As for Hattori, he's different. He wasn't so arrogant as to demand things like seats from Weeds and as seen in volume 3 he as demonstrated that he has the well-being of the team at heart when he backs up Tatsuya's admittance in to the technicians team. It can also be inferred that he has begun to change his view of Weeds.
Old 2013-03-22, 13:58   Link #3862
waffler

can anyone tell me what brionac does i just read it disintegrate tatsuya but i dont know
Old 2013-03-22, 14:03   Link #3863
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
can anyone tell me what brionac does i just read it disintegrate tatsuya but i dont know
Did you even read the web summary? It was all there.

Lina's Heavy Metal Burst accelerates the metals in the air to create plasma, which she directs into a beam. If your a follower of Index, then think of her as Mugino Shizuri. Her power is too destructive and it would kill her. Accelerating the metals to create plasma would create a shockwave powerful enough to devastate a city and, of course, kill the caster. This is why it's Strategic-class magic. She can also use a smaller beam to use in close range with Brionac, which uses the FAE (Free After Execution) theory to maximize the time lag between the casting of the magic and its taking effect to cast a barrier to contain the shockwave and any stray plasma, which would kill her.
Old 2013-03-22, 14:18   Link #3864
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I was specifically referring to the Yuutousei series where he's a total ass. He's much worse than in the Rettousei manga and the LN. He's even drawn like a bad guy. As for Hattori, he's different. He wasn't so arrogant as to demand things like seats from Weeds and as seen in volume 3 he as demonstrated that he has the well-being of the team at heart when he backs up Tatsuya's admittance in to the technicians team. It can also be inferred that he has begun to change his view of Weeds.
Again, all that happened in Rettousei is the same but more details of events that happened in Volume 1. And just like I said, Morisaki hasn't received any screen time since the 9-schools competition and therefore no one can see whether his perspective has changed. The only reason people don't mind Hattori now is that he has been given screen time and being nicer to Tatsuya. So reserve your feelings until you read the chapter -- maybe he's not such a bad guy?
Old 2013-03-22, 14:22   Link #3865
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Again, all that happened in Rettousei is the same but more details of events that happened in Volume 1. And just like I said, Morisaki hasn't received any screen time since the 9-schools competition and therefore no one can see whether his perspective has changed. The only reason people don't mind Hattori now is that he has been given screen time and being nicer to Tatsuya. So reserve your feelings until you read the chapter -- maybe he's not such a bad guy?
Morisaki is the guy that got KO'd by Tatsuya in give or take 5 seconds with cast jamming, right? Honestly, if that didn't bring him down at least 5-6 notches, nothing will.
Old 2013-03-22, 14:24   Link #3866
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Morisaki is the guy that got KO'd by Tatsuya in give or take 5 seconds with cast jamming, right? Honestly, if that didn't bring him down at least 5-6 notches, nothing will.
That was Hattori. Morisaki is the "quick draw" guy who had his CAD knocked out of his hand by Erika. He basically hasn't had any screen time since Vol 1. The only time he showed up or was mentioned since is 1) getting knocked out during the 9-schools competition from the building getting knocked down around him and 2) him being irritated that the girls were flaunting the fact that they boys didn't want Tatsuya. He's part of the public morals committee and thus security but wasn't even mentioned during the Yokohama arc or the Student Election arc..
Old 2013-03-22, 14:29   Link #3867
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Quote:
That was Hattori. Morisaki is the "quick draw" guy who had his CAD knocked out of his hand by Erika. He basically hasn't had any screen time since Vol 1. The only time he showed up or was mentioned since is 1) getting knocked out during the 9-schools competition from the building getting knocked down around him and 2) him being irritated that the girls were flaunting the fact that they boys didn't want Tatsuya. He's part of the public morals committee and thus security but wasn't even mentioned during the Yokohama arc or the Student Election arc..
Tatsuya only used Cast Jamming on Kirihara. He never actually fought Morisaki.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-03-22 at 15:43.
Old 2013-03-22, 14:33   Link #3868
Rava

Quote:
Morisaki isn't "bad."

He's just an arrogant blowhard who isn't as good as he thinks he is.

The best comparison of him would be a rabid attack dog. Just point him in a direction and let loose. Otherwise, chain him up before he hurts himself.

But, as an actual person, he isn't trying to be malicious.

No matter what else happens during the SS, he's still being made the dupe in the story.
Old 2013-03-22, 14:35   Link #3869
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Tatsuya only used Cast Jamming on Kihara. He never actually fought Morisaki.
I think your Index/MKnR crossover thoughts are showing.
Old 2013-03-22, 14:44   Link #3870
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Morisaki isn't "bad."

He's just an arrogant blowhard who isn't as good as he thinks he is.

The best comparison of him would be a rabid attack dog. Just point him in a direction and let loose. Otherwise, chain him up before he hurts himself.

But, as an actual person, he isn't trying to be malicious.

No matter what else happens during the SS, he's still being made the dupe in the story.
while that's true, he has earn a negative impression and done nothing to acquire a good one.

Last edited by babbo3d; 2013-03-22 at 15:02.
Old 2013-03-22, 16:01   Link #3871
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
He's part of the public morals committee and thus security but wasn't even mentioned during the Yokohama arc or the Student Election arc..
Actually, in the student election arc Morisaki was mentioned to be stationed outside the hall - not that he was given any screen time anyway
Old 2013-03-22, 17:00   Link #3872
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
while that's true, he has earn a negative impression and done nothing to acquire a good one.
That was the point of my post. Calling someone an arrogant blowhard is not a positive impression. Neither is calling him a dupe. Calling him not "bad" is to clarify that he's not evil -- just stupid.
Old 2013-03-22, 18:47   Link #3873
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
That was the point of my post. Calling someone an arrogant blowhard is not a positive impression. Neither is calling him a dupe. Calling him not "bad" is to clarify that he's not evil -- just stupid.
I wouldn't call him stupid just a product of the settings environment. Really he is just the face of the average coure 1 student and pretty much it seems all his beefs with Tatsuya are due to misunderstandings that Tatsuya almost seems to encourage (using 2 CAD's to look cool) along with a bit of Jealousy (Miyuki and later all the girls form the school competition seeming to hang all over him).
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-03-22, 19:54   Link #3874
rickiminato

i have a question?

who is the blonde girl on the cover of vol 9?
Old 2013-03-22, 20:03   Link #3875
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
i have a question?

That has already been asked.
Old 2013-03-22, 20:22   Link #3876
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
i have a question?

Angelina Kudou Shields (if name hasn't changed from web novel), an exchange student from USNA.
Old 2013-03-23, 00:13   Link #3877
NeutralZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I wouldn't call him stupid just a product of the settings environment. Really he is just the face of the average coure 1 student and pretty much it seems all his beefs with Tatsuya are due to misunderstandings that Tatsuya almost seems to encourage (using 2 CAD's to look cool) along with a bit of Jealousy (Miyuki and later all the girls form the school competition seeming to hang all over him).
That being said,
So its not being stupid to shoo Tatsuya and his group in the dining table just because they're weeds?
So a pseudo racial discrimination or whatever it can be called can't be called is ok and can't be called as stupid to one just because they're raised that way?

And during the nine school arc when they were replaced by Tatsuya and co. were they bed ridden in the infirmary or they're also spectators of his fight against Ichijo?
If he's in the hospital then fine but if he is along with the crowd then that also mean he's also one of the general populous of the male student that wished for him to lose.

So that's not being stupid?
But right He has less screen time to actually see if he still has his egocentric nature or change just like Hatori and the likes (Though mostly likely the first one)

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2013-03-23 at 00:43.
Old 2013-03-23, 00:57   Link #3878
willx
Nyaaan~~

Haha.. okay, maybe we should stop this, I'm surprised how many people are raging out on Morisaki. That said, I'm actually quite surprised, considering how little he shows up -- I'd expect people to have a hard time remembering him let alone hate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
That being said,
So its not being stupid to shoo Tatsuya and his group in the dining table just because they're weeds?
So a pseudo racial discrimination or whatever it can be called can't be called is ok and can't be called as stupid to one just because they're raised that way?
Sorry, have you never been bullied or been a bully to anyone in highschool? Cause I've been on both sides of the equation (more on the former) and have done or seen much much much worse than just "shooing" someone from a table in the cafeteria. Have you never beat anyone up in highschool? Gotten into fights? Heck, this Morisaki kid is supposed to be one of the top students in his year and comes from a prestigious family, I'm surprised he's not more arrogant!
Old 2013-03-23, 01:08   Link #3879
NeutralZero

We've been at the receiving end before...
But even before that, any form of discrimination, from race, color, gender, religion class etc, to someone seems to pissed us of... and we see them as a stupid human complex that humanity should rather throw than keep... though they're really fond of it (humanity) and rather keep it with them even if its more destructive than constructive...
But then again...
It's one of the things that keep the world more colorful (mostly shade of red... bloody red) so we see the point of keeping it...

Point taken to his family background yet those or some of those with a higher prestige didn't seem to act like that (Juumonji and Mayumi)...
Yes he is good in some aspect but the way he treats others to the general treatment they did to others are really idiotic... Those form of arrogance and blind pride is one of the few things we really want to see to be shattered especially to any side character who's acts all high and mighty...

then again those pips might not be familiar with the term multiple intelligence/learning thinking style, diversity of learning, condition of learning by Gagne and the likes...

they just focus on one thing and neglect the others which end up kicking them in their ass sooner than later...

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2013-03-23 at 01:29. Reason: add on
Old 2013-03-23, 01:38   Link #3880
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I can let go most of the stuff Morisaki does, I mean hell he's a high school student and does stupid things but I can't say i didn't when I was that age. The problem I have that makes me see him as arrogant is that he acctualy tried to sway a person into his group by bullieing her sibling right in front of her. I don't know about you guys but that just calls for an a**whoopin he never got (In my family that's just how it went). Mabey that's it, if Tatsuya beat the stupid out of him just once I'd probably forgive him and move on, but he never got it so it just lingers and festers making me hate the guy even more. ah well I'm rambling about nothing so I'll stop here.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings