AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-17, 23:44   Link #22501
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

You can't push over Russians on sea like Japan or Taiwan.

They don't play around.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:03   Link #22502
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Libya's Jibril beats Islamists in vote, no majority
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...86G1EN20120717

Penn State to respond soon to NCAA demand for info
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-18-03-00-59
Old 2012-07-18, 02:40   Link #22503
Sumeragi
Banned

You have to admit, it is funny to see PRC boats going all the way over to Russia to fish.
Old 2012-07-18, 03:59   Link #22504
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You can't push over Russians on sea like Japan or Taiwan.

They don't play around.
Putting Russia, Japan, the sea and "playing around" together inevitably conjures up memories of this: Battle of Tsushima.
Old 2012-07-18, 05:39   Link #22505
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Putting Russia, Japan, the sea and "playing around" together inevitably conjures up memories of this: Battle of Tsushima.
Well this time the Russians are not going to be shoved around, they have been scaring the Americans with photos of their Bazalt missiles, which are long-range yet powerful enough to put a hole in an aircraft carrier.

In the Russian seas you don't intercept the missile, the missile intercepts you!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-07-18, 07:07   Link #22506
Tom Bombadil

There are big differences on how one handles such situations when there are disputed territories involved and when there are none.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who sees everything China does in a negative light:

Philippine president thanks China for water project

Quote:
Manila (CNS) -- President Benigno Aquino III of the Philippines on Tuesday extended an olive branch to China for its financial and technical support of a water supply project in Angat.

The project will help facilitate the water supply to the Metro Manila region and benefit a population of 15 million.

It was constructed by the China International Water & Electric Corporation (CWE) under the Chinese government's preferential export buyer's credit.
Taiwan crew freed by Somali pirates aided by Chinese vessel

Quote:
The crew of a Taiwanese trawler held for nearly 19 months by Somali pirates have been taken to safety by a Chinese naval vessel.

Taiwan's foreign ministry said the crew of 26 were released after ransom talks.
Both are quite recent news.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2012-07-18 at 07:29.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:07   Link #22507
anigu
Game maker

Well, they really can do good deeds every now and then. But it's no question that they are very aggressive in terms of territories.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:11   Link #22508
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by anigu View Post
Well, they really can do good deeds every now and then. But it's no question that they are very aggressive in terms of territories.
Remember that when it is politics, there is no such thing as kindness, only reciprocity. What China is doing in those two are "soft-touch-hard-enterprise" initiatives; they do it to buy guilt/victim cards to play in the future.

Though they are not the only nation to do it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:07   Link #22509
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anigu View Post
name a country that isn't touchy about territories?

There is still chip on China shoulder regarding what happen in the late 1800s and early 1900s, when it was push around by just about everybody. People will say it is ancient history and the Chinese people needs to get over it but it is easier said than done.
Old 2012-07-18, 13:37   Link #22510
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Well that's the whole problem.
Going on and on about territories that changed possession centuries ago is just stupid.
If there is no single human being left, who was alive at the time... just forget it ffs.

Imagine if Europe started claiming borders from 300 years ago. Oh boy...
Old 2012-07-18, 13:39   Link #22511
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Well that's the whole problem.
Going on and on about territories that changed possession centuries ago is just stupid.
If there is no single human being left, who was alive at the time... just forget it ffs.

Imagine if Europe started claiming borders from 300 years ago. Oh boy...
late 1800s, a century and a half not centuries ago.

like i said, it is easier said then done to just "get over it"
Old 2012-07-18, 13:47   Link #22512
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

No, it's not hard.
Because no one was alive at the time.
So how can they not get over something they never experienced in the first place?

I can understand old people being bitter about what they actually remember, but this just makes no sense to me.
Old 2012-07-18, 13:59   Link #22513
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
No, it's not hard.
So how can they not get over something they never experienced in the first place?
currently? probably not many but

1. grandparents and great grand parent who did live through that period pass along a lot stuff to the next generation.

2. movies/tv, that period of Chinese history is very popular in movies and tv with "tragic last stands"

Quote:
I can understand old people being bitter about what they actually remember, but this just makes no sense to me
look at Greece, everything was fine when times were good. but when things go bad, every German is now a Nazi.
Old 2012-07-18, 14:05   Link #22514
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
No, it's not hard.

I can understand old people being bitter about what they actually remember, but this just makes no sense to me.
Welcome to personal pride manipulated by state ideology.

The Chinese have around 5000 years of culture, and there are some fogies who took China's rise as "finally off the hook of white-skinned oppressors and putting them on ours". What these dummies don't realise that either way, darwinism kicking in means that we will still have oppressors; this time being one of our own race.

Maybe we should just cull those who like to think of their race as superior instead of seeing another as a human being; living in SEA and having expatriates from China shows that some bastards are no different from the "Causcasian demons" the locals often have a terse relationship with, they are so pathetic to even do what it takes to eat their fellow human beings, even the local Chinese too.

Four legs good, two legs better. Animal farm much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1. grandparents and great grand parent who did live through that period pass along a lot stuff to the next generation.

2. movies/tv, that period of Chinese history is very popular in movies and tv with "tragic last stands"
The last thing I want is having my friends turn against me just because my ancestor assassinated one of theirs, or burned down their village. The next generation should not bear the sins of their ancestors - unless they do not repent and continue what the family line does.

There are unpleasant pasts that are best left buried under the ground - you can dig for ancient gold; however you will dig up skeletons as well. And how long can you hide those skeletons until someone outside of the excavation crew learns about it?

Old 2012-07-18, 14:13   Link #22515
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

The last thing I want is having my friends turn against me just because my ancestor assassinated one of theirs, or burned down their village.
read about what happen in Serbia during the break up. that sort of stuff was very easy to stir up and happen quite often.

what is happening now in East Asia is mild compare to the stuff that could be stir in up in the Balkans.
Old 2012-07-18, 14:16   Link #22516
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
read about what happen in Serbia during the break up. that sort of stuff was very easy to stir up and happen quite often.
Precisely. Leave those stuff under the ground alone. As Shakespeare aptly put it, "Cursed be he who moved my bones." - the cycle of revenge isn't going to end if we keep digging them up just for that miniscule amount of gold.

Quote:
what is happening now in East Asia is mild compare to the stuff that could stir in up in the Balkans.
Either way, people need to stop digging up the bones for the sake of showing off those gold plaques their ancestors built in the past and carried it to their graves. It is pretty and ornamental yes, but the value isn't much worth a civil conflict.

Old 2012-07-18, 14:19   Link #22517
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Precisely. Leave those stuff under the ground alone. As Shakespeare aptly put it, "Cursed be he who moved my bones." - the cycle of revenge isn't going to end if we keep digging them up just for that miniscule amount of gold.
i agree

but it is easier said then done.
Old 2012-07-18, 14:23   Link #22518
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
i agree

but it is easier said then done.
I understand that. People need to stop focusing on the vengeances in the past to break even and focus on building the future - we are way behind schedule for the construction of Megaroad.

Old 2012-07-18, 14:25   Link #22519
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I understand that. People need to stop focusing on the vengeances in the past to break even and focus on building the future - we are way behind schedule for the construction of Megaroad.
but at least we are on schedule for a VR MMOG by 2022.
Old 2012-07-18, 14:34   Link #22520
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
but at least we are on schedule for a VR MMOG by 2022.
And the Matrix by 2099 where everyone is hooked to a Sims-like MMOG?

Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international