AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-02-21, 12:10   Link #41
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Sailormoon, evangelion, dragonballz in that order ^^
Old 2013-02-21, 16:01   Link #42
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Started on American TV with Dragonball during its short-lived run in 1995. I remember waking up early to watch it before kindergarten. Next was Pokemon, then DBZ, Sailor Moon, Digimon, Card-Captors.

DBZ brought me online to discuss with fellow fans as I was quite obsessed with it at the time. I found my way to a site called DB-Vortex and was on there for a while when the owner founded the website NarutoFan. I gave Naruto a shot and was completely hooked (though I've since fallen very far behind-years- on that series). I spent some time on the NarutoFan forums and learned about Full Metal Alchemist (the original) and AnimeSuki, that's when I first signed up here. I loved FMA even more than Naruto and it got me into torrenting from AnimeSuki.

So, for me, I guess it's a combo between Dragonball, DBZ, Naruto, and FMA.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 16:44   Link #43
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
The first anime I ever saw would have been Akira. And I had absolutely _no_ idea what was going on. That was in 1987 or so I think? I forget now.

That being said, I loved watching those weird l-a super robot type shows where the giant good guy fought absurd looking monsters and the main bad guy had those gazillions of minions that all had black stockings pulled over their heads and wobbled their heads to and fro when speaking aloud. ^^

But I guess they don't count, do they? Hmm ... guess Godzilla is out too (yes - I watched most of them).

I was generally familiar with Sailor Moon and similar things in the 90's, but at the time they didn't catch my interest.

What actually hooked me in was a fellow tech showing me the OP of Clannad: After Story via youtube. I was so moved by the visuals and the audio I literally teared up.
Old 2013-03-06, 20:49   Link #44
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I have to say my gateway show was either Chibi Maruko chan or Doraemon or Anpanman.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 14:09   Link #45
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
We are each likely dating ourselves via when we started.
Most of us have our ages listed anyhow

Sailor Moon was the primary driver for me. Dragonball Z and Gundam Wing were in there as well, but it was really Sailor Moon that brought me in. I can't remember what the first series that I watched from start to finish was, though.
Old 2013-03-09, 14:16   Link #46
deadlights911

Naruto, Detective Conan and Keroro
deadlights911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 00:59   Link #47
diascia
a 1/2,578,917 chance

My first anime was Pokemon (I watched it when I was little so I didn't even know what anime was back then lol). After I grew up, I watched Tokyo Mew Mew first, and I got hooked.
diascia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 12:14   Link #48
oompa loompa

ninku, flame of recca, inu yasha, samurai x, daa daa daa! ( the alien baby one), school rumble , in that order. school rumble was the first show i actually downloaded... entire first season with a 256kbps connection, but damn, what a season. Honorable mentions for yamato takeru and grander musashi.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 20:15   Link #49
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

For me I guess it technically started back with some of those early childhood memories of the bad 80's imports turned into kids shows stuff. I remember Ronin Warriors used to be on in front of a bad Conan the barbarian cartoon in my early teens.

Then I stopped watching cartoons until my late teens when I'd come home from a party and see stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Beebop, Inuyasha, and Kenshin on Toonami

I started buying DVD's of Berserk, Hellsing(crappy T.V. version), and Vampire Hunter D movies.

Once I discovered Fansubs its been a pretty continuous onslaught of different shows since then. My first downloads were probably Naruto, Srapped Princess, Full Metal Panic, Haibane Renmei, Noir and other great early 2000's series that really cemented my obsession with anime.

I miss those naive days when things seemed to bright and new and full of potential.
Old 2013-03-24, 19:28   Link #50
FireChick

Childhood gateway shows: Pokemon, Digimon, Hamtaro, and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Teenager gateway shows: Tokyo Mew Mew, Ouran High School Host Club, and Shounen Onmyouji (my number one favorite anime ever).
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote