AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-09-29, 14:57   Link #81
Hiromin
A.K.A ElpIDa

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Requesting character discussion about Kamijou Touma. Every active thread's getting ridiculous now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I second this request for Discussion about Kamijou Touma. We kind of need a character thread (especially because of NT 11) that is in the novel section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Allow me to vote in favor of this as well. Part of the reason the previous Kamijou Touma thread went bust was because we went into novel spoilers in an anime only section of the forum IIRC. So, a new one in the novels section would be the best option to avoid that problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Yep. I definitely agree with you guys. We need a thread for this.
Make it 5 votes then I vote for a "Kamijou Touma- Character Discussion Thread" too.
Old 2014-09-29, 15:22   Link #82
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpIDa View Post
Make it 5 votes then I vote for a "Kamijou Touma- Character Discussion Thread" too.
Isnt there already such a thread?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 15:24   Link #83
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Isnt there already such a thread?
For the anime not LN.
Old 2014-09-29, 15:31   Link #84
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
For the anime not LN.
This is (please excuse my rudeness) stupid, the anime is over since 2 years and the ones who watched the anime would say:" generic shounen hero"

FANFICTION thread is also filked with LN stuff, Image thread too, char discussion cant be made with the anime stuff alone -_-

I VOTE for the removing of the anime part and integrate it into the LN/Manga part, having one side only with two threads which are filled with LN stuff is useless...

The ones who dont want to be spoiled can simply not go to the threads which could spoil stuff
Old 2014-09-29, 18:22   Link #85
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

:P Kamijou Touma discussion thread, for a moment, a blink of an eye, I thought your making a thread about me XD, in a figurative way that is.
Old 2014-09-29, 18:37   Link #86
iLikePotatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Requesting character discussion about Kamijou Touma. Every active thread's getting ridiculous now.

This is the weirdest way to second, third and etc. things I've ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I second this request for Discussion about Kamijou Touma. We kind of need a character thread (especially because of NT 11) that is in the novel section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Allow me to vote in favor of this as well. Part of the reason the previous Kamijou Touma thread went bust was because we went into novel spoilers in an anime only section of the forum IIRC. So, a new one in the novels section would be the best option to avoid that problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Yep. I definitely agree with you guys. We need a thread for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpIDa View Post
I'm also in favour of this... I actually asked them same question in another thread yesterday... I was surprised there wasn't one in the first place.
iLikePotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 19:05   Link #87
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
This is (please excuse my rudeness) stupid, the anime is over since 2 years and the ones who watched the anime would say:" generic shounen hero"

FANFICTION thread is also filked with LN stuff, Image thread too, char discussion cant be made with the anime stuff alone -_-

I VOTE for the removing of the anime part and integrate it into the LN/Manga part, having one side only with two threads which are filled with LN stuff is useless...

The ones who dont want to be spoiled can simply not go to the threads which could spoil stuff
Meh. Having two is probably better. In the case that Index III happens, watch how new Touma Kamijou fans can't discuss anything that happens without risking spoilers in the LN thread. It's a bad idea. We need a way to be able to talk about him and his IB and related topics without fear of spoiling something story-breaking for the readers. This is mainly because most of the interesting things about his character are in the LN's anyway, not currently in the anime.

I suppose to be fair to Accelerator as well we should maybe also ask for an Accelerator thread in the novel section. This probably also needs to happen. His other thread keeps on getting spammed by anime only watchers arguing that he is shallow or that he is evil and that he will never redeem himself for them, and it is just filled with pointless spoilers anyway.

I think Accelerator also deserves his thread for more specific discussion about him. I realize that most of this discussion already takes place within the magic, science, powers thread, but I feel like discussing his characterization could also be productive--especially given that it could now integrate stuff from the Accelerator manga as well as the LN's.

I just think that tying it all into the specific characters would provide less off-topic discussion. If it has to be about Accelerator or Touma. Then we can talk about relationships between Accelerator and the Sisters or Accelerator's powers or blah blah blah... instead the future speculation thread is getting spammed with these topics and no one really wants to have to look back like 5 or so or 50 pages to notice them in order to be able to talk about them. I'm in favor of both of these threads, but I do think that the Touma thread is kind of a must at this point... especially after NT 9 & 10... and especially considering the topic of NT 11.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 08:23   Link #88
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Do you think a general "Characters Discussion Thread (Light Novel)" could work?
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 08:29   Link #89
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Do you think a general "Characters Discussion Thread (Light Novel)" could work?
yeah, instead of making one for each char and letting the side chars out, we could make one thread with all of them in one...

@dniv, yeah, this depends on "will we get index 3?" and it doesnt seems like that
but still, i only wanted to say that since it bothered me a bit
Old 2014-09-30, 09:05   Link #90
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Its more sensible than making one for each character as LevelSeven said. The admins/mods probably don't want to get annoyed by character threads, especially since there are alot of chacaters Kamachi-sensei introduced throughout the whole series.
Old 2014-09-30, 09:08   Link #91
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

I vote for a general character discussion thread (LN).
Old 2014-09-30, 14:13   Link #92
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Me too. I'd prefer a general character discussion thread... LN it's just that no one seemed to want one... so I didn't suggest it. It's obvious in hindsight though.

Great idea Level_Seven!

Yay. I also agree with you. Though I mentioned the Accelerator thread honestly just to make you agree to have (threads or) a thread that could let you discuss both of them.
Old 2014-09-30, 14:34   Link #93
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Its gonna be a huge thread once it gets started, just the size of the many characters that are in the Index series.
Old 2014-09-30, 21:35   Link #94
iLikePotatoes

Although a general character discussion thread is a great idea... Like a little girl once said "why not have both"?

Touma is the main character doesn't he deserve his own thread?
iLikePotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 21:51   Link #95
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

probably because it would be too much work managing different threads... plus less threads means less confusion if you've subscribed to more than one thread.
Old 2014-09-30, 21:58   Link #96
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

>Was the one who suggested the idea of general characters discussion thread (LN)
>LevelSeven takes the credit

*crawls into fetal position and cries*

Everyone ignores the Magikarp
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 22:01   Link #97
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

That's enough guys. This isn't a conversation thread.

Before you guys even started talking about this, I had already notified the admins about the current state of Kamijou Touma's Character Discussion Thread. I pitched the idea of a LN exclusive character discussion thread along with the anime one. Its for them to decide what they actually want to do.

As for a general chat thread or character discussion thread, that idea was shot down. Stop having casual conversations in the LN threads here and do it in the social group for Kamachi Kazuma.
Old 2014-11-02, 13:39   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Request for a "Index VS Durarara!! Crossover Story" Thread.

...No seriously, it's an actual thing.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 20:57   Link #99
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I have a request for a new thread:

I was hoping for an Ideology discussion thread where people can discuss the ideologies of different characters in To aru Verse, and clarify them (and talk about which ideologies they prefer and why).

For example, Touma has ideology oriented around saving others at the expense of the self, people are good at heart, SQ is good, and so on...

Accelerator has ideology oriented around atoning for his past sins, about never really being able to forgive himself, about protecting others by making himself strong enough to push them away, and so on...

And I think it would be interesting to have a thread where we could actually discuss some of these character motivations and ideology. Because this doesn't really happen a lot... or if it does happen, the discussions are normally isolated, one-sided, and somewhat lacking in content.

Since a lot of the main messages in the story come from the ideologies personified by the characters in the story, it would be nice to have such a thread so we could get more out of the story by discussing it in this way.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2015-01-14, 02:52   Link #100
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I sort of see where you're going with the idea, but I'm not sure how to phrase the opening post. Do you want to make a proposed opening post for such a thread? (You can post it here.)

The one thing we wouldn't want is for people to attack characters or forum posters who like them for their opinions, so we'd have to keep that clear.