AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-11-02, 19:49   Link #141
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

IDK guys, I think Touma still being affected by what happened in NT9 is what per the course of things. It would be unrealistic to just shrug it off right away, yet a lot of people do that; both Fanfic and Authors.
Something will be different, will it last, probably not but for now don't let it get to you. It will be one thing to draw it out though.

Touma is doing what he can. He did just get back to his "regular" life.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2015-12-04 at 17:34. Reason: spelling
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 20:01   Link #142
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Hope you don't mean me because you'd be the one needing the check because I wrote after NT9-10.

Touma saving people as usual doesn't counts as script, that's a part of him.

Sorry, I skimmed over a key word (after) goddamn it, though my point about NT13 still stands
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 17:11   Link #143
DragonXX

I have alway thought at some point that Laura will have her Index Contral destory aat some point but still have a thrumb card to contarl Index because all she need to tell Index what AC most likey have plan for Tomua, think about it Index becoming Tomua Enemy, to save him from AC and Crowley.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 17:27   Link #144
LevelSeven

^not really possible, there are kanzaki and styil too, basically if this scenario would happen than every "friend" of touma that belongs to the magic side would try to "save him" :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-05, 19:34   Link #145
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^not really possible, there are kanzaki and styil too, basically if this scenario would happen than every "friend" of touma that belongs to the magic side would try to "save him" :/
This is Laura it wouldn't surprise me if she did but this most likey will not happen until near the end of the Series when Laura start her Which Hunt on Crowley.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-06, 03:09   Link #146
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index 14 Preview
http://dengekibunko.jp/books/1511new-toaru14/?page=1
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-06, 03:25   Link #147
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
We need a translation pronto! For the hopes of those who wish to know but are unable to understand due to our inability to read it's greatness!
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-06, 03:27   Link #148
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Whatever happens, don't post translations or spoilers in this thread.

I've asked for a discussion thread to be created. Post it in that when it does.
Old 2015-11-06, 05:35   Link #149
zaikoi

Great! I am so looking forward to it!
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-06, 08:01   Link #150
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Read the Chinese preview
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Kamisato is described as looking bland, really really bland looking.
Old 2015-11-06, 08:55   Link #151
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Huh…so they actually did it. Okay.
Old 2015-11-19, 06:16   Link #152
WiliamZ0

Wait, IT"S DONE ALREADY ?!
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 09:21   Link #153
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Until the NT 15 speculation/theories thread comes out I'm going to do some speculating here for a moment.

After the end of NT 14, I'm actually a bit confused and rather curious. I just realized a few important things.

First of all, from what Kakeru said, he hasn't had his right hand for very long at all. Yet, Laura already knew about him at the end of NT 12... what the hell...? What type of information network does she have exactly...? This is also surprising because the Magic Gods themselves weren't aware of his existence. That's actually incredibly surprising. Maybe something else is going on behind the scenes?

Also, Kamisato's name is a pun on damaging the Magic Gods...

Something that bothers me are the meanings of Touma's name.

"The one who purifies God and slays demons;" "Invisible Demon;" and "the person superior to God."

What confuses me TBH is how Touma's name works now given that basically all of the Magic Gods have been eliminated. How is he supposed to purify God anymore?

Touma's name also means to slay demons, but this volume focused on how he doesn't cut people off and instead saves them by talking to them. Though the language could be figurative I suppose.

His invisible demon meaning now makes more sense after NT 14 though. Similarly, the person superior to God also bothers me as a name.

I feel like the difference between Kamijou and Kamisato may be that Kamijou isn't actually just a pawn of the Magic Gods like Kamisato might be.

I'm confused because the part about purifying God doesn't make much sense anymore. Before, the devil clearly referred to Aleister, but things have become more complicated now. Maybe Kamisato is now "God" or something?

I don't really understand how that part makes sense anymore. Maybe there are still magic gods left over somehow. Or... there are still further secrets that have to do with the actual creator of the world or whatever. Anyway, maybe there are some secrets still existing that somehow actually make Index important.

I don't really have any theories for now, but I find all of this quite strange...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 16:55   Link #154
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I gotta make some time to read NT 14, dniv made me curious to what happens in NT 14.
Old 2015-12-02, 23:08   Link #155
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
What confuses me TBH is how Touma's name works now given that basically all of the Magic Gods have been eliminated. How is he supposed to purify God anymore?
The Abrahamic God may be way more powerful than the Magic Gods. The Magic Gods, after all, still follow the Idol Theory as the greatest examples of the Magic Side, while the Abrahamic God is the source of all Christian-themed magic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 23:42   Link #156
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Before, the devil clearly referred to Aleister
"Clearly".
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-04, 13:06   Link #157
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
"Clearly".
My post implied that clearly was actually "clearly" now.

Back then, I'm pretty damn sure it was obvious that devil referred to Aleister.

Look at the associations of 666, Crowley, and other things when looking at his mythical persona it definitely associates him with the devil in various ways. His magic name was even Beast 666 or whatever. Keeping this in mind, I feel like what I said was QUITE justified.

I'm honestly just confused about the Magic Gods now. Though I concede that the devil now could instead be referring to whatever is sealed in Touma's right hand.

But maybe I'm still wrong.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-04, 15:07   Link #158
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Well the devil has a persona of Dragon and serpent in Bible. So I would say it could be possible.
Old 2015-12-04, 18:05   Link #159
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
My post implied that clearly was actually "clearly" now.

Back then, I'm pretty damn sure it was obvious that devil referred to Aleister.

Look at the associations of 666, Crowley, and other things when looking at his mythical persona it definitely associates him with the devil in various ways. His magic name was even Beast 666 or whatever. Keeping this in mind, I feel like what I said was QUITE justified.

I'm honestly just confused about the Magic Gods now. Though I concede that the devil now could instead be referring to whatever is sealed in Touma's right hand.

But maybe I'm still wrong.
So what you are saying is that Touma is the cage? (supernatural reference, for those that don't get it)
Old 2015-12-04, 19:26   Link #160
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So what you are saying is that Touma is the cage? (supernatural reference, for those that don't get it)
I know this is from wikipedia, but Its still relevant.

"A futurist view of the Mark of the Beast is that the rise of a supranational currency could be a hallmark of the End Times and that the mark of the beast will be a sign on the forehead or on the right hand."

Also, something to clarify a bit, the anti-christ is not satan or the devil, but the one who will allow him to cross over.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote