AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-06-15, 18:52   Link #41
aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannii
I did download the Matroska files there, and get two files One "Release unicode" and the other one "Release"

But what to do with these two files? I cant install them or unzip them? Im not very good at computers, so please inform me with the next step. So i might once and for all solve this mkv problem

Regards Bannii
That guide is outdated, and the splitter you've downloaded isn't as good as Haali's.
Goto http://www.rpguru.com/doc.php/help/playback.html and download Haali's Matroska Splitter. It's in .exe form so you shouldn't have problems installation.
Old 2006-08-04, 02:39   Link #42
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
can anyone tell me what codec pak is needed to play MPG files with Windows Media Player, i have Matroska pack and the Divx pack but they seemingly o not support the mpg video files

and yes a didi try the search option but because the word 'MPG' is too short it doesnt include it and its just the word i need, thus im asking here

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2006-08-04 at 02:52.
Old 2006-08-04, 03:07   Link #43
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
can anyone tell me what codec pak is needed to play MPG files with Windows Media Player, i have Matroska pack and the Divx pack but they seemingly o not support the mpg video files
Windows Media Player should be able to play mpg files on its own. Have you tried going to Tools>Options...>File Types and checking the box for Movie file (mpeg)?

Last edited by monster; 2006-08-04 at 03:31.
Old 2006-08-04, 13:06   Link #44
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Correct, Windows is installed with a basic MPEG splitter and MPEG1 video/audio decoder. However you can put other non MPEG-1 things into the .mpg container like AAC audio or MPEG2 video, which you would specifically need decoders for. Unlikely that is the reason you can't play the file though.

I would say only if you have installed any other naughty codec packs, besides Matroska's, they might have deleted/unregistered the Windows filters. Otherwise mpg/mpeg files should play normally.