AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-09-05, 17:02   Link #381
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
"That is not dead which may eternal lie...

"...and with strange aeons, even Sega might get the lead out with respect to a Western release. Eventually."
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 22:51   Link #382
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
"...and with strange aeons, even Sega might get the lead out with respect to a Western release. Eventually."
They've been saying it was "delayed" for years now. It's not coming to the west. Also if it did come to the west, it would just be like the SEA version and I'm sorry but I'm not switching to a version that is 2 years behind in content with no hope of catching up.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 05:06   Link #383
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Agree here... It won't come, and if, they give us the same treatment as with the SEA version (wizards!).

Sadly, at the moment I can't even play the japanese versoin, as my ISP still won't give me access to PSO2.
Old 2014-09-06, 06:04   Link #384
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Agree here... It won't come, and if, they give us the same treatment as with the SEA version (wizards!).

Sadly, at the moment I can't even play the japanese versoin, as my ISP still won't give me access to PSO2.
I've been using the Amazon Web Services set up and then Proxifier/Putty. Haven't had any issues using that.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 14:49   Link #385
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I've been using the Amazon Web Services set up and then Proxifier/Putty. Haven't had any issues using that.
Yeah... I thought about using something like that... but... never actually did it.
Well, maybe I should get a credit card for the Amazon Web Services... too bad I can't use a paypal one (not supported in my region).

On the other hand, we do think about changing our ISP from 1&1 to Telekom.
Telekom has access to pso2.jp
Old 2014-09-06, 19:25   Link #386
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
They've been saying it was "delayed" for years now. It's not coming to the west. Also if it did come to the west, it would just be like the SEA version and I'm sorry but I'm not switching to a version that is 2 years behind in content with no hope of catching up.
This is just sad really... I really wonder why it's taking so long just to localize it. This was pretty much the one MMO I've been looking so forward to ever since it was announced.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 13:32   Link #387
mickbis

Let revived the dead thread since anime already air

It already pass one year now since the IP ban

anyone still play the game here?

I mostly stay at other forum so didn't notice this thread until now
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 17:19   Link #388
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Screw the anime and screw the company.
Old 2016-01-09, 18:53   Link #389
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Let revived the dead thread since anime already air

It already pass one year now since the IP ban

anyone still play the game here?

I mostly stay at other forum so didn't notice this thread until now
lol, there was never a ban. What happend was the the IP wasn't properly forwarded to foreign ISP, unless those ISP used backbone services that were up to date.

I just log on for the log in bonuses. I have been playing the mobile version more recently than the main game. You should see pso2es when ranking are on. I think ther server get overloaded each time.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 18:58   Link #390
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

When ever i tried to play, I'd get disconnected after 10 or 5 minutes. I gave up. =\
Old 2016-01-10, 01:54   Link #391
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
lol, there was never a ban. What happend was the the IP wasn't properly forwarded to foreign ISP, unless those ISP used backbone services that were up to date.

I just log on for the log in bonuses. I have been playing the mobile version more recently than the main game. You should see pso2es when ranking are on. I think ther server get overloaded each time.
It is... especially those who live in SEA ...
The company responsible for this contract even try to blame on SEGA lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
When ever i tried to play, I'd get disconnected after 10 or 5 minutes. I gave up. =\
window 10?? My friend got that very same problems too
and I don't know how to help him so we gave up as well -__-
we tried every method and it won't work... the problems still there
Old 2016-01-10, 01:55   Link #392
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No Windows 8 Haha, not going to change to 10 for a while.
Old 2016-01-10, 02:12   Link #393
mickbis

Quote:
No Windows 8 Haha, not going to change to 10 for a while.
pso2.exe clash right ?

this will be very tough...

It rare to see the problem with window 8 user = =''
Old 2016-01-10, 04:45   Link #394
mickbis

I will post all reference between Anime and Episode 4 here that might give a clue to those who interest in something that might be connection

Spoiler for Episode 4 Reborn Content:

Spoiler for Anime:
Old 2016-01-10, 16:18   Link #395
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Have they made a joke about how America is so unworthy of their perfect game?
Old 2016-01-10, 18:51   Link #396
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Not yet but it is coming, one of these days.

But I don't know why they did not do the Western release, I know it wont rival against WoW, FFXIV and Guild Wars but it will been up there. Another SEGA screw up.
Old 2016-01-10, 23:19   Link #397
KikeLyne

Quote:
Not sure if this count, I think they did a stealth take-that.

The anime PSO2-information (Half mark of the episode), regarded it 'PSO2, gained popularity with youth worldwide'.

Imply it to the actual 1... i believe that phrase is both true and half of it is actually poking at the west. It's how you intercept this statement but I find it as such.
KikeLyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 00:15   Link #398
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Not yet but it is coming, one of these days.

But I don't know why they did not do the Western release, I know it wont rival against WoW, FFXIV and Guild Wars but it will been up there. Another SEGA screw up.
There're many fan speculation
but the most probably answer is SEGA America mess up big time....

the English server news come out almost at the same time as Thailand and SEA server
now those server are up for 1year+ and not doing well now....
( really fall into the wrong publisher hand the rich kind of publisher but care less about user feed back or even try to marketing the game
which end up drive some part or half of server population away to Japan Server)
That might also be the reason why SEGA need to think twice before localize

Censorship might also be one of the factor over there
I hear that game like Xenoblade also got censored and has to remove some character
editing feature ( PSO2 character editing really give your freedom regard this compare to many other game )

another is they might think it will not profit them enough and it didn't suit American taste
Given how some American fanbase already complain how PSO2 not look like Phantasy star
they want the original vibe from game rather than current PSO2 theme some didn't given a single change to try a game
I did see comment like this all the time so that might also be one of the factor

I really want them to follow Square's FFXIV footstep
they host their own server that can connect world wide...
their game can switch between different language
this way they will not have above problems... but it might be too late now and look like SEGA didn't want to revise their game code and choose to focus on future update

Last edited by mickbis; 2016-01-11 at 00:36.
Old 2016-01-11, 08:21   Link #399
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I think one of the main reasons it's not out in the US is because Sooooooooooooooo much crap has happened. It'd be like if WoW just released over in Japan and they had to release Vanilla all over again with old data and stuff.

Or else they'd have to miss out on old content and story. except it won't be as good as FFXIV or PSO2's story XD so who'd care when they can just youtube the "story" of WoW by watching Nobble's videos.

Same goes for Dragon Quest Online. They'd HAVE to release the old versions first and then they'd have to monitor both the new and old versions for two different countries/languages.

If only they had released worldwide. They don't even have to translate any VAing, why they don't realize this i'll never know. Anyone who wants to play would rather hear the japanese voice acting anyway.......Then there is Censoring crap. =\ coughLiaXenobladeX
Old 2016-01-11, 08:48   Link #400
mickbis

Quote:
I think one of the main reasons it's not out in the US is because Sooooooooooooooo much crap has happened. It'd be like if WoW just released over in Japan and they had to release Vanilla all over again with old data and stuff.

Or else they'd have to miss out on old content and story. except it won't be as good as FFXIV or PSO2's story XD so who'd care when they can just youtube the "story" of WoW by watching Nobble's videos.

Same goes for Dragon Quest Online. They'd HAVE to release the old versions first and then they'd have to monitor both the new and old versions for two different countries/languages.

If only they had released worldwide. They don't even have to translate any VAing, why they don't realize this i'll never know. Anyone who wants to play would rather hear the japanese voice acting anyway.......Then there is Censoring crap. =\ coughLiaXenobladeX
This game story is like Anime and it required player to progress the story in sequence by themselves ....
since the real main character here is "Player" we play a very important role in the story
Story first season contain 3 Episode....
the truth final boss just come out last Nov-Dec and thus the conclusion of season 1

But the old content isn't a problem here since we can choose to start at Episode 1 or Episode 3 ( for those who create new character and people who don't want to marathon EP1 and EP2) but worry not people who start at EP3 can go back to EP1 and start the story from there and change back to EP3 anytime
and the next big update is due on 27 January and we will get Episode 4 which we can choose at the character selection whether to start at EP1-3 or go directly to EP4

IMO they just want player to follow along with the story but the time gap between update is too long.... so people will find this boring soon

ps. I'm a warcraft fan too and follow nobbel channel since that game lore scale is too big now -__-''
I used to read wowwiki and the like to follow what I miss

Last edited by mickbis; 2016-01-11 at 09:15.

Tags
pc-windows