Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 01:36   Link #122
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 144:
Well, we have seen her at Watanuki's birthday... I think she regretted only being able to give her "feelings".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 05:12   Link #123
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
but the look on Yuuko's face when Watanuki asked her wish, that was priceless. [/spoiler]
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, we have seen her at Watanuki's birthday... I think she regretted only being able to give her "feelings".
Hmm thats true, and that could mean she'll want a free life for Watanuki's sake.
Old 2007-09-05, 20:21   Link #124
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler for Chapter 144:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 01:56   Link #125
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for 144:
Old 2007-09-11, 10:07   Link #126
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Out of curiosity, how many volumes are there in Japan currently? I picked up the first three (in English, Del-Ray's version) this week and my local comic/manga store, and Borders both only had up to volume eight. So I'm wondering how much more I have to wait on after I catch up to what's available at the moment.

The news of a second anime series excited me enough to go sink $60 on the first three volumes, and I'll be buying the rest as I can ($21 a volume is a bit steep, though, considering how quickly they're read.) -- Only other manga I've ever bought is Genshiken. But xXxHOLiC is one of my all time favourite series, so I figured having the manga as well as the anime would be well worth the investment. ^^;
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 15:03   Link #127
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Asai: Del Ray's release is upto volume 09, with 10 being released this month. I'm not to sure what volume Japan is upto, though its at chapter 144 at the moment.
Old 2007-09-13, 07:13   Link #128
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
11 volumes were released so far and then not counting the chapters that havent been bundled yet which are over 10, so thats another one
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 12:41   Link #129
aki/kaze/shi
Without Love

Location: Locked up in my room, in fears the neighbours will infest my house with....GRASSHOPPERS.
I want to read it, but my mom won't let me because of the title. But I know what they meant by the title. Great, and Yuuko's clothes aren't helping. XD

My friend read all this. I finished the anime and am dying to read the manga. But my friend got it from a library. Of all manga titles, this is practically the only one in the library. Sweet.^^
aki/kaze/shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 07:30   Link #130
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

i understand that the xxx can make people go kinda o.o but let her read the back that should solve some of the ideas that it might give her >.>; never really thought that people could think about the manga like that lol

okay random question since people here should read both manga's what happened to the manga discussion topic of Tsubasa Chronicle ? i cant seem to find it anywhere in this section anymore

EDIT: nevermind it seems like that topic died after i last replied..
Old 2007-09-19, 20:04   Link #131
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I don't read Tsubasa since the story doesn't interest me nearly as much as Holic does. I may eventually pick it up in an omnibus collection or something, but Holic is vastly superior in every aspect.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 07:37   Link #132
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

in the latest chapter of Tsubasa something new happened :3 nothing was really said but the scene is i think quite important

Spoiler for latest tsubasa chapter last pages, no pics though:

i wonder whats going to happen int he next TC chapter and if they will conversate then, most importantly what will be said

EDIT

new chapter is unleashed :3

Spoiler for count up ont he conversation between Syaoran and Watanuki:

and with this week having a Tsubasa chapter it means that this week there wont be a holic chapter, im hoping for one to come next week cause im just very curious about what will happen :3

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2007-10-03 at 09:16.
Old 2007-10-17, 15:08   Link #133
EvaForever

Is Del-Rey's version edited?
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 15:46   Link #134
zeldalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuko_Hajiwara View Post
Last time I went to the shop that has tons of manga goodies near where I live, I saw this new one out by CLAMP which looked really interesting. The artwork was typically theirs and it seemed like they were going back to some of their usual, older style with more detail. It's called XXX Holic, and apparently, similar to Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (has anyone heard of that?) it mixes lots of their characters from different series, but also brings in some new ones. The story is of this sorceress called Yuuko who owns a shop, and a boy comes in there and ends up working for her....

Has anyone heard of it? What do you think? Do you think CLAMP's "remix" mangas will have success? Has anyone read any?

I've read about the first chapter of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, and it's pretty good, though it's a bit odd to see characters you're normally familiar with playing different roles, and sometimes related to different people...

yea, ive read tsubasa, and its one of my favorites! im not sure, but as far as i know, everyone in tsubasa and in xxxholic are in different situations. though.... thats what im TOLD....
zeldalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 22:18   Link #135
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
What happened to xxxholic ? Wasn't it a bi-monthly manga?
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 13:05   Link #136
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldalover View Post
yea, ive read tsubasa, and its one of my favorites! im not sure, but as far as i know, everyone in tsubasa and in xxxholic are in different situations. though.... thats what im TOLD....
different situations but they all come together
some things they do in Holic are later on used in Tsubasa
such as items that appear through the two Mokana's mouths :3
right now there also seems to be a connection between characters from both series, but much about that hasnt been revealed yet
Old 2007-10-31, 23:50   Link #137
Apterous
Cutie Honey Fansubber
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Apterous
I've been reading Del-Ray's xxxHolic, but sort of dropped Tsubasa after a few chapters. I just really like the line art and subject matter in Holic, but Tsubasa didn't really jump out at me. Am I missing a lot of the cross-over stuff by skipping Tsubasa?
Apterous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 04:28   Link #138
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apterous View Post
I've been reading Del-Ray's xxxHolic, but sort of dropped Tsubasa after a few chapters. I just really like the line art and subject matter in Holic, but Tsubasa didn't really jump out at me. Am I missing a lot of the cross-over stuff by skipping Tsubasa?
uuhm not really, i believe that you can read it without reading Tsubasa, it more or less gives reasons for Yuuko's assignments in some situations..
later on somethings happen in Tsubasa that have effect on Holic, some of the things are very confussing if you havent read the Tsubasa version, but that is only int he start of that situation, later on when thing get more explained you understand more of it

i find that i can predict situations beter and understand certain things bter because of Tsubasa and by reading both it adds more to the mystery and secrets that connects both series
Old 2007-11-01, 05:10   Link #139
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The first few volumes are safe to read without Tsubasa.

The way the stories are turning now, though, I'm not so sure.
Old 2007-11-08, 00:18   Link #140
Illsaide Yuy

When I'm browsing randomly, I found news that XXXholic ch145 is starting on 10/22. Does anyone know anything about that?
Illsaide Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen