AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 43 32.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 29.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.03%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-02, 19:41   Link #101
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Seems like Hiromi has this thing on lock. Noe/Ai will make a dent before the end, but
I just don't see this panzer tank falling down any time soon now.
Old 2008-03-02, 19:47   Link #102
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Actually, it isn't an eroge adoption It does share a name with an eroge (though the original has no 18+ material)(True Tears), but both the characters and plot are purely anime original. In short - the anime and the visual novel are completely unrelated.

Edit: drat, figures ... i make an appearance for once, only to find out that relentless has beaten me to it.
*sulks away*
Lol haha. I actually noticed this about you too.

And I'm loving this love/hate anime/sport war here in Ep 9 thread between the few of you.

Keep it up! This is good stuff.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2008-03-02, 20:14   Link #103
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
T_T it looks like my beloved Noe X Shin ending is burning right before my very eyes....
garrhhhh
but now that things with Hiromi are changing, I'm starting to grow a bit fond of her.

and those preview creators are truly genius, making us think Hiromi and Jun were going to have a bit of lovey dovey time, when really she was just changing her clothes. Brilliant.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-03-02, 20:41   Link #104
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I don't think I ever had doubted that things will turn in this direction. Shin and hiromi are just made for each other but the other girls are there to help them develop. Too bad for noe that he can't see how great she is, but thinking about it another way, she is too good for him
I'll have to admit that I had some doubt, but by the third episode all doubt evaporated when it became clear to me that the show won't try to pull a fast one for the sake of generating drama and will remain consistent in its presentation. In this kind of genre, usually the male protagonist makes it obvious in a few episodes which girl he likes and will most likely end up with. Shin's attention has always been toward Hiromi, the premises of the show that has been established in the first episode. Why he likes her is a moot point. The point is he likes her and the girl likes him back. The attraction is mutual. Unfortunately, that can't be said for Ai or Noe. Now the question is: will the story continue to follow a consistent path? I think it will, and if it does, the show will come to an end with the resolution it has hinted upon since episode 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundrakkon
Thanks, Monir, for the explaination for the reason behind Noe insistently pressing on Shin's band-aided nose. I couldn't understand that part until you explained that it was a reflection of Noe's emotional pain. She is a very deep character.
You are most welcome! That particular portion is the highlight of the episode in my humble opinion. The animation and the background art was very good in that instance. The bgm was excellent. Everything came together for those dialogues that enhanced Noe's character so beautifully. All that were needed to be said, were said, without using meaningless words which couldn't have conveyed the emotion she was filled with. That sort of portrayal of a character isn't seen often in anime.
Old 2008-03-02, 20:50   Link #105
DanielSong39

At this point a Canvas 2 ending might be the only thing that can save this show...

Any chance we see a jilted Hiromi at the train station while Shin rushes off to see Noe?
Old 2008-03-02, 20:53   Link #106
jadman2004

Spoiler for episode:
Old 2008-03-02, 21:26   Link #107
Kangai
Always in Training

Well, sure is nice to know everyone in the Nakagami house is having fun. Poor Noe-chan...

Hiromi seemed a little bit cracked when she was enjoying the flames. Shin is very dense. Miyokichi is a good friend.
Old 2008-03-02, 21:41   Link #108
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

A Canvas 2 ending is not when Shin leaves Hiromi to see Noe. Nope, that would be when he ignores and goes straight past Noe, and then gives Aiko a big kiss right in front of Miyokichi.

And since when did the final pairing have any effect on a show's overall rating? As other people have said before, it's not the destination but it's the journey. If one has a problem how they developed the story to fit the ending couple, that what has been shown in the middle of the series don't add up as to how the ending couple got together, then I have some respect for them.

But dismissing a show just because in the end the pairing you want didn't happen? Or it would be only a particular pairing that can 'save' a show? Puh-lease.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-03-02, 22:07   Link #109
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well all thought i enjoyed the episode for what it was, it obvious that many cliches are going to be used right up till the end, I dont if the series started out with that purpose or the writers just ran out of ideas or lost sight of what message they were truly trying to convey.

Jun and Hiromi were ultra calm after the bike wreck. Im sorry but wrecking on a dark wet snow road and having it burst into flames would send most people into a panic or at least some tears there was nothing. Except Hiromi saying its beautiful with the bike in flames and Jun worrying about getting a job um ok sure ill buy that but then to have a discussion about weather gasoline will explode is just AH im sorry i just didnt like the scene at all.

Second thing i really just dont get what they are trying to do with Noe. First of all i was Aiko fan right from the beginning but there is no chance for her. I honestly did not dislike any of the girls each had their strengths and weaknesses. But its like they dont know what they want to do with Noe so they jumping Shin back and forth. Hiromi stays quiet about her feelings although Im pretty sure Shins mom knows the truth. If you look at her expression when she tell Hiromi she lied Hiromi looks down and says it back. Shins mom clinches her purse even tighter i may be leaning too much into it but thats what i got out of it. Shins mom is making an effort to make things right with Hiromi and i can respect that. Having things go smoothly with Hiromi will not only bring down the tension in the house but also improve her relationship with her husband.

Nobuse has really scored points with me over the past 2 episodes. I was never agansit the guy having a girlfriend i was pissed about how he did it and how he could be so happy go lucky about it. But it looks like he and Ai might be starting over and if he can win her on his own merits than all the power to him.

I like the series a lot its fairly easy to follow and the characters are somewhat likable. I just think the writers have really lost touch with what they started out to portray. They have Shin wrapped up in so many things the guy does not know right from left anymore. He is listening to everyone but himself. So far Noe is the only one that has really pointed him in the right direction then all of sudden the writers just let her run off with no explanation or anything i whole heartedly disagree with how that scene was handled except for Noes emotionally pain without having to say it i was disappointed in Shin once again. Right now I will settle for either ending with Noe or Hiromi as long as it is done right. I favor Hiromi because I think her and Shins personality actually work very well together even though they have done nothing to advance their relationship with 4 episodes left. I dont feel Shin could ever really cherish Noe for the unique person she is and thats ok everyone is different. I hope the course continues smoothly.

I didnt really mean to complain as much as i did i liked the episode and gave it an 8 there were just a few parts that were bothersome.

1. Extra point goes to Shins dad for the he man reverse pimp bitch slap (btw i was totally right about how and who would reveal the truth) Now we just need to know why she lied.

2. Hiromis friend is kind of cool maybe shin should dump all of them and go for her.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-03-02 at 22:20.
Old 2008-03-02, 22:23   Link #110
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

Nobuse has really scored points with me over the past 2 episodes. I was never agansit the guy having a girlfriend i was pissed about how he did it and how he could be so happy go lucky about it. But it looks like he and Ai might be starting over and if he can win her on his own merits than all the power to him.
It seems that it is only two of us that think that the preview with Aiko waiting for Nobuse is for a break up. I honestly will lose interest in the show if Aiko settles for Nobuse right away in episode 10. With the crown girl in Hiromi, Aiko settling for Nobuse what else is left. Just to see how Shin and hiromi break up from their current partners? Nobuse and Aiko usefulness as character will be over if they reconcile in episode 10. I am still pretty sure that Aiko's face in the preview has all the signs of a break up!
Old 2008-03-02, 23:07   Link #111
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
A Canvas 2 ending is not when Shin leaves Hiromi to see Noe. Nope, that would be when he ignores and goes straight past Noe, and then gives Aiko a big kiss right in front of Miyokichi.

And since when did the final pairing have any effect on a show's overall rating? As other people have said before, it's not the destination but it's the journey. If one has a problem how they developed the story to fit the ending couple, that what has been shown in the middle of the series don't add up as to how the ending couple got together, then I have some respect for them.

But dismissing a show just because in the end the pairing you want didn't happen? Or it would be only a particular pairing that can 'save' a show? Puh-lease.
I'd rather go to a tropical island than Antarctica.
Old 2008-03-02, 23:28   Link #112
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

if Shin gets Sekaied, i'll initially be upset, but then i'll probably think about it and say he deserved it for something he's going to do in the next 4 eps
Old 2008-03-03, 00:36   Link #113
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Did anyone else think how darn callous Hiromi was? Jun's bike was on fire and all she was "ooo so pretty!"

Now how can anyone complain about Noe being childish when she realised how Shin's heart was not with her. She didn't try to put him down, but encouraged him to fly but with someone else *sniffle*. I'm very excited to see how she is going to deal with this action next epi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Now I am blaming the writers for that lie of Shin's mother's. That person would not actually do that, I am convinced. But others of you saw through it right away, so maybe. I am also a little perplexed by how quickly Shinmother reconciled her feelings with Hiromi. I know it's seeing the girl's desperation, but still.... And I didn't catch why she felt she wanted to tell that lie, and why she hated Hiromi's mother. Not sure if that was explained.
Yah. I was left a little perplexed by it. At least they didn't write her as the type to realise she is wrong and then expect Hiromi to forget about it. But Hiromi's reaction to a sudden change in face of Shin's mum is to be expected since she is dealing with loss of her parents and step mum from hell. Oooo an ice cream to buy me off yes please! <- Stockholmes again

In regards to Shin's mum, I wonder how much of it is her realising how much grief she has caused Hiromi, or the good old saving face because Hiromi's issues is being brought into the public eye? I know lots of asian parents go spastic when their parenting (or lack of it gets brought to light).

I'm starting to go towards a Shin x Nobu ending

But in sense of the show it looks to me like a Shin x Hiromi ending
Noe has a chance to claw her way back in
Ai's chances have gone into rigour mortis
Old 2008-03-03, 01:12   Link #114
greyhawk
Some dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
if Shin gets Sekaied, i'll initially be upset, but then i'll probably think about it and say he deserved it for something he's going to do in the next 4 eps
Did I somehow miss that verb out in the School Days threads
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin
I honestly will lose interest in the show if Aiko settles for Nobuse right away in episode 10. With the crown girl in Hiromi, Aiko settling for Nobuse what else is left. Just to see how Shin and hiromi break up from their current partners? Nobuse and Aiko usefulness as character will be over if they reconcile in episode 10. I am still pretty sure that Aiko's face in the preview has all the signs of a break up!
Yes, that's one way to look at it. Though I'd also find it natural if that's how a girl caught by surprise tries to figure out what to say to someone she rejected in the past. While she's still hesitating, Nobuse suddenly grabs her hand and blah blah blah the same old cliche. No wonder they say this world has long been out of originality, but hopefully True Tears will fare much better.

Spoiler for Noe:
Old 2008-03-03, 01:18   Link #115
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

think about it this way, if they resolute all the couples, we can have the mandatory pool/hot spring scene!! i kid.. maybe

and i don't know about Sekaied being a verb. i didn't follow SD when it was being released. i kinda coined it myself. (though i doubt i'm the first one) its useful for any female character who's been offed from the plot.

like Kyou and Tomoyo from Clannad, or potentially Yuumi from Kimikiss
Old 2008-03-03, 01:38   Link #116
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
10/10, just because I couldn't think of a better continuation from episode 8.

I was very worried about this episode, just because I had no clue how they will solve episode 8's cliffhanger. However, episode 9 was a wonderful episode, and even though I'm a Noe fan, I will admit that I like this series more after that episode.

And by the way I'm liking Miyokichi more every episode.

A Canvas 2 ending? It's not going to save the show, because it doesn't need to be saved. Although I will admit that if the show ends with Hiromi, then it's just cliché. However, cliché is only bad if it's done "just like the others." In my opinion, True Tears is more enjoyable and better than the average romance.
Old 2008-03-03, 02:07   Link #117
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Man, if I was Jun I would've bitch slapped Hiromi this episode. For goodness sakes, she got his bike totaled when he even said that something like that would happen if he drove it in the snow.

I can't seem to see what Shinchiro really sees in a girl like Hiromi. While he does like her for these unknown reasons, he seems to be very much more well acquainted with Aiko and Noe than her. Perhaps we'll get more elaboration on this later on as it seems they knew each other when they were younger, but it just seems shallow and irrational. But hey, if love was rational, I guess it wouldn't be very interesting.

And like I said many episodes ago, Hiromi has always been the clear victor in this show. I wish they'd go a different way, but she definitely is going to win this. It was made clear since episode one actually for me.

Anyhow, this episode gets away with another 9/10 from me, I almost gave True Tears its first 8 from me because of Jun's unresponsiveness to the matter, and the mother's 180 flip in how she treats Hiromi, she needed more time to come to that decision in my opinion.

I got one question for you more knowledgeable ones though... In Japan do schools really suspend you for things that took place out of it like a motorcycle crash? I knew their schools were strict and all, but that would kind of suck to a school hanging over you like that.
Old 2008-03-03, 02:33   Link #118
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

^ I wouldn't be surprised if some schools did suspend their students for mischief outside of school. If a kid acts up within the schools, the teachers will go straight to the child's house so they can have a talk with the parents about his/her behavior.

Anyways, I gave this episode an 8 because I wasn't very fond of how quick the atmosphere changed between some of the characters. Then again, there's only like 4 episodes left.
Old 2008-03-03, 02:36   Link #119
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Maybe Shin likes girls with lots of problems so he can defend them or something like that.
Old 2008-03-03, 02:51   Link #120
DanielSong39

For better or for worse, I see Hiromi, Ai, and Noe representing Shin's past, present, and future.

His connection with Hiromi is mostly associated with the singular childhood memory from the festival. While they remained classmates and perhaps casual friends, we see little evidence of a truly close and intimate relationship that was shattered when Hiromi moved in to Shin's household. And subsequent events have only served to push their moment further into the past.

Ai, on the other hand, was his closest female friend at the start of the show and was one of the few people he could trust with his problems. While he didn't think of her as girlfriend material, she was probably closer to him than Hiromi and probably had a real chance if she handn't agreed to date Miyokichi.

Noe's value is almost entirely based on future returns, though they showed great promise in episodes 7 and 8. She constantly encourages him and gets him to break new ground. It started with the tissue-box chicken he made for Noe. And writing "I like you, Noe", in the snow and his subsequent work in the picture book were some of the gutsiest things Shin did in the show and really helped him advance and develop as a person. Not sure what the future holds for them, but if early returns are any indication, they have some real potential - if they are willing to stick with this instead of bailing at the first hint of emotional turmoil.

Hiromi has that "woman of the past" look written all over her and it would be a giant step backward for Shin to throw himself at her. Unfortunately in real life it takes more than mutual affection for a relationship to work - it takes communication, understanding, effort, compromise, and real progress. Hiromi and Shin score 0 for 5 in these areas which is usually cause for concern. Noe and even Ai score higher, which give them a better chance of succeeding over the long run.

But if Shin is willing to push everything into a junk bond, who are we to second-guess him? Just don't be surprised if it ends up defaulting.
Closed Thread