AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 208 44.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 16.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 11.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 1.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 39 8.30%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-27, 00:31   Link #61
Yushi

I also don't think the ending was supposed to make us sympathize with Light. In the manga they made him the 'last boss' who does 'MWHAHAHA' and then you know, gets defeated and do the whole "NOOOOOOOOO" kind of thing. Really gave you the feeling of 'winning and losing'. At least that's what I felt.
But the anime protrayed him as a human in the end. It's like when you strip away all that power (the death note), he is just a helpless human. Was he showing regrets? Fear? Regrets that he could have been more ruthless? We'll never find out, and I think it's important that this remains a mystery (that way we wont' know if he was 'truely evil' or not.) The ending of the anime didn't give me a 'win or lose' feeling, it just made me go "wow...nobody wins." Especially seeing how the police crew reacted, and how Light reacted, and you will know that nobody really 'won' the game.
Old 2007-06-27, 01:55   Link #62
philmein

Wow, a movie about L eh?
I honestly wished it was an anime version though. Oh well.

Anyways, the ending was phenomenal. It was as predicted and who the loser was. Don't hate me or anything, but I did feel sorry for Light regardless of his nature.
Old 2007-06-27, 02:32   Link #63
RecurringNightmare
The Darkness In Your Mind

Send a message via MSN to RecurringNightmare
Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
I honestly wished it was an anime version though. Oh well.
Ditto.

I enjoyed the ending. They put the last scenes together well, and formed something that rivaled the manga's ending (For me at least.).

Now, I can only wonder with the rise of DN's popularity if this series, as a whole, is gonna start to get seriously "milked." We're already getting another DN movie, and I'm sure that they're not just gonna drop it there (If they let this rest there, although it won't be a first, it will be a momentous achievement... people tend to love beating horses to death when there is money to be made.). I can only hope that what they produce in the future is quality stuff because I'd hate to have this series ruined after it has done so well.
Old 2007-06-27, 02:38   Link #64
rageguy

so what is "swimming lesson"?
Old 2007-06-27, 02:42   Link #65
Boris Moskovitz
(-.-)

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
so what is "swimming lesson"?
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-27, 02:51   Link #66
myopius

I enjoyed it. It's different from the manga but I didn't dislike anything major.
I missed the absence of the flashback to the first episode, but I'm sure we all do.
Old 2007-06-27, 03:04   Link #67
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

If im understanding this correct, Light had years left on his life. So basically he would have died in prison. Possibly 60 to 70 years down the road.

No other shinigami couldve have ended his life earlier except ryuk, which is the contract between shinigami and human death note user.

If light had been smarter, he would have used his own blood from the beginning, when he pulled the note from his watch, it was the act of drawing the pencil or pen that drew the attention and why matsuda shot him. at least from my point of view.

Question you should ask yourselves tho is, if you had access to a death note, would you do the same as Light? Possibly knowing that in the end, you will die because of its use.
Old 2007-06-27, 03:44   Link #68
Draender

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwrxyz.123 View Post
The ending was full of symbolism.

Spoiler:
It seems that they want Misa's fate to be left open since they only suggest that she commits suicide. If the death note and shinigami did not exist Misa would have been killed by the stalker. She used her second chance to go on a murder spree. You have to remember all of the innocent people she killed to get her Kira tape aired on Sakura television; She did this before she knew Light just so she could meet Kira. If she died to follow Light into the afterlife it isn't much of a tragedy.

Personally, I thought they were setting up to let Misa escape a bad end; I was hoping someone who had used the death note could have found redemption.

Last edited by Draender; 2007-07-09 at 12:15.
Old 2007-06-27, 03:56   Link #69
shakildwz

Hmm...

Something is odd about how Mikami died...

Spoiler for Mikami's Death:
Old 2007-06-27, 04:39   Link #70
Rem and Ryuk

I just don't like how obvious everything was. I knew that Near replaced the notebook beforehand, and I knew that Kira would completely lose. I wish i wasn't able to predict it so easily, I've never been able to predict this series and the one time I can it's the ending? Very disappointed in that. They just made it TOO obvious with the way Light put everything on the line in the last episode, he was guaranteed to lose. I wish the whole scenario was done differently, to make it more of a surprise, and give it more of "WHOA, that was crazy, so THATS how Near predicted what Light did" rather than this feeling that Light only lost because of Mikami's disobeying, something that is way out of his character (at least the character the anime portrayed of him) Mikami was also calculating, calm and collected (when he's not writing names down) and I just find it REALLy hard to believe he would panic and act out of Kira's orders. Kira was "restricted' since the moment Mikami met him and Mikami NEVER once had the urge to act out of line, and somehow with Tekada he randomly did? I just don't see it in his character. Feels like a cop out to get Near to win to me. I wish Near could have figured it out some better way. It's not like Melo was smart either, there's no way Melo would know about Mikami ,a nd if he did, there's no way he thought "let me do this so Mikami can act out of line and reveal the existence of the a false deathnote."

Or maybe someone can explain it to me? What was Melo thinking when he kidnapped Tekada? What did he hope to gain? I just find it unfair that L always got the bad luck end of things against Kira, but Near and Melo get the good luck.

The episode was fun to watch, and I like how Ryuk became involved again, but if Light had to lose, I wish he would have lost a more fitting way.

I do really like how upset Matsuda got with Light though, because he always believed in him, he must have felt the most betrayed. I feel like they did a lot of benefit to Matsuda's character in this one.
Old 2007-06-27, 04:47   Link #71
eez

It's "evil" to compare, but the ending was absolutely horrible compared to the manga...

What else can I say.. an extremely disappointing cop-out.

I've got one more: rubbish.
Old 2007-06-27, 05:04   Link #72
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Didn't enjoy the last episode very much, feel very disappointed after watching that. I'll give it 8/10 for it being the ending of the greatest anime in existence.

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2007-06-27, 05:17   Link #73
rageguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Moskovitz View Post
Spoiler:
OMFG i actually laughed out loud. there wasnt enough swimming lesson in the last ep!
Old 2007-06-27, 05:27   Link #74
atilim
Knightmare

I thought that it was a good eps, worth 10 points. Light had a more decent ending unlike the manga he didn't beg for his live, he died while fighting and if it wasn't for Ryku killing him perhaps things would have turn't different in the anime.
Old 2007-06-27, 05:59   Link #75
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Am i one of the few people who actually liked the Anime ending better?. Manga Ending was too cruel. Well For one Thing i liked how Mikami Stayed Loyal to Kira untill the very end. In Manga at the end Mikami turns back on Kira.

Also i prefered how there were actually some feelings of regret in Ryuku for having to kill kira ( i think he would rather for light to win than lose). I liked it how Ryuke didnt call Kira a sore loser, and just said " Light you have lost".

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-06-28 at 01:24.
Old 2007-06-27, 06:39   Link #76
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem and Ryuk View Post
...rather than this feeling that Light only lost because of Mikami's disobeying, something that is way out of his character (at least the character the anime portrayed of him) Mikami was also calculating, calm and collected (when he's not writing names down) and I just find it REALLy hard to believe he would panic and act out of Kira's orders. Kira was "restricted' since the moment Mikami met him and Mikami NEVER once had the urge to act out of line, and somehow with Tekada he randomly did? I just don't see it in his character.
Well, I think that Mikami was just jealous of Takada, simply because Light gave her more attention. And since he's always so extreme, I can actually see him lose his head and goes out to kill her.

You think that he freaking out is out of character? If you ask, Mikami knew damn well that he lost and that he might lose his "Kami." He didn't know what he would be without his God and that's probably why he freaked out? What Mikami did was strange for us to see, but it really gave him more dimension.

Great ending, I can't really complain, as I didn't read the manga. Although I read the ending just a minute ago, here. But I still like this ending too, it really tried to get you feel sorry for Light. It was nice to see L for a couple of seconds again, after all, he won in a way.
Old 2007-06-27, 07:50   Link #77
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Not watching the preview was a good idea after all i guess.... so what mello did was to sacrifice himself so that Near's team could see the real death note? I won't say the ending is very dramatic, the manga was alot more dramatic ( i read it after i watched the anime ). He didn't die as pitifully in the anime though, i thought that was nice.
Old 2007-06-27, 08:02   Link #78
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by eez View Post
It's "evil" to compare, but the ending was absolutely horrible compared to the manga...

What else can I say.. an extremely disappointing cop-out.

I've got one more: rubbish.
one thing horrible about the manga is its not animated
Old 2007-06-27, 08:06   Link #79
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
Don't hate me or anything, but I did feel sorry for Light regardless of his nature.
I couldn't stop the tears flowing through out the whole episode --- so i seriously don't blame you. Its not right to see a man act like that and not feel bad for him, especially in his running away scene.

It pained me so much to see Mikami in that state. To see that the God he loved, to be a worthless man who thrown the blame at him. I'm so glad he didn't say what he did in the manga, that would have destroyed me.
Old 2007-06-27, 08:18   Link #80
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

The ending was pretty emotional too, walking through his past life. What would have happened if light had not taken the death note, etc. etc.
Closed Thread