Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-05, 12:42   Link #1
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2007 - Tournament Proper

FINAL UPDATE 11/03: FINAL RESULTS BELOW

Spoiler for Final:

This thread is opened specifically for the coverage of the Anime Saimoe Tournament 2007 organized by 2ch in Japan, it also covers the Korean Saimoe which is also held at the same time and since most of the Korean users also participate in the Japanese tournament, which attracts more interest, it serves as a good indicator of the characters' "mojo appeal" in the Japanese tournament.

Official website: http://animemoe2007.hp.infoseek.co.jp/
English version: http://animemoe2007.hp.infoseek.co.jp/english.html

Due to the unprecedented popularity of the tournament amongst overseas users last year, the rules in the English section is considerably more detailed this year, though I will try and explain some of the basic points and instructions on how to vote.

Firstly, here are some of the rules as agreed between the mods and has worked well for last year's coverage. (I'm just copying and pasting this following from last year's thread. Please PM me, ando or any of the mods if you have any suggestions on how the rules can be improved. )

Quote:
No Campaign Posts.

* Absolutely no campaign posts allowed.

This includes posts containing ANY campaign verbiage whether in whole or in part. Contributing to the debate is encouraged, provided you do NOT add "VOTE ABCD!!!" (or similar to the post itself). Simply rebutting another's post or opinion with "XYZ sucks" is totally unacceptable.

To be clear:

* Please do not create a post with the sole purpose to campaign for a character!
* Do not add “VOTE FOR XYZ CHARACTER!!” anywhere in your post even if the intent isn't to purely campaign.

We want intelligent, decent and fun discussions about the weekly Rounds and the subsequent winners & losers.

* No Image campaigning.
Do not create a post with an image or collage representation of a campaign poster. In other words: a PhotoShopped image of the character you want people to vote for with “vote for” text added to it.

Posting Etiquette:

* Please do not cross post information about this tournament in other AnimeSuki threads.
Keep all Anime Saimoe Tournament posts, campaigns, character information, voting links, etc., within this thread only or in your signature (signature size limits still apply).

* No "meta-posting".
Meaning: posting about another poster, the thread or about another post itself, is forbidden and will be deleted on-the-spot, regardless of intention. If you want to comment about another poster that’s off-topic and/or personal, send them a PM.

* Any flame-baiting will be deleted and those people banned.
Please keep the thread positive, fun and clean. If your choice doesn’t win the Round and you can’t discuss the fact without complaining, swearing and baiting people into arguments, then don’t post.

* Do not create image only posts.
You can, however, include an image with your discussion. If you want to visually support the character you’re voting for then please do so in the context of your original discussion and use only one or two images. We would encourage the use of “thumbnails” if possible (and please, no large images). PM the mods if you need help with posting thumbnail images.

Here are some of the basic facts:

Q. What is the Anime Saimoe Tournament?

A. It's pretty much the anime equivalent of GameFAQs' annual Popular Video Character contests, where through daily online polls, the most "moe" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo%C3%A9) anime character.

Q. How is it held?

A. All (female) anime characters that appeared in anime series, OVA and animated movies airing and/or released in Japan between July 1st 2006 and June 30th 2007 can be nominated. (Even animals are included, it seems, as long as they're not males. This means cross-dressers are ineligible, so sorry guys, no Mizuho from Otoboku. )

First there were two qualifying rounds.

After a few days of nominations amongst the users of 2ch, the 1st qualifying round was held between July 6th to July 25th, and has 18 groups. Of these 18 groups, the top 8 characters of each group would enter the tournament proper directly. (A total of 8 x 18 = 144 characters)

While those ranked 9th to 32nd of each group will enter the 2nd qualifying round. (A total of 24 x 18 = 432 characters)

The 2nd qualifying round was held between July 28th to August 5th. The 432 characters would be divided into 9 groups of 48. The top 16 of each group will qualify for the tournament proper. (A total of 16 x 9 = 144 characters)

In total, the tournament proper will have 288 characters = 144 (from 1st Qual. ) + 144 (from 2nd Qual. ) If more than one character ends up in the final qualifying spot of each group with equal votes, the extra characters would also be qualified. As a result, there will 290 characters in contention this year.

The tournament proper commences on August 8th all the way to the final on November 3rd. The tournament would follow the format used last year.

The 1st round proper (August 8th - 15th, August 21st - 28th, August 30th - September 6th and September 8th to 15th) will be divided into 8 blocks of 12 groups, each group having 3 characters (two groups will have 4 this year to accomodate the extra entrants). With 3 groups being contested per match day. In total, there are 96 groups. (96 x 3 = 288 characters)
The 96 group winners will qualify for the 2nd round.

The 2nd round would be in the same format as the 1st round, where 1 character is chosen from a list of 3. In total, there are 32 groups. (1 group contested per day. ) The 32 group winners will qualify for the 3rd round.

From the 3rd round onwards, two characters will face off with each other on simple knockout format until the winner is decided.

A draw is made for the pools from the 1st round to the 4th round, another draw would be made at the Quarter Final stage when all eight block winners are decided.

Spoiler for timetable, as shown on official site:

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-11-15 at 06:52.
Old 2007-08-05, 12:45   Link #2
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Illustrated Instructions on How to Vote

All times below in Japan Standard Time
(Please check with your corresponding timezone http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/)

In order to vote, you would need a code.

- Codes are generated on every match day from 23:31 of the previous day to 23:03 of the match day itself.

- No code will be generated from 23:04-23:30 as time is spent for counting the votes.

- Each code is only valid for the the above times of that match day (see illustration below)

1. First head to the homepage of the tournament

2. The link will take you to the following page, follow each link for the corresponding page

3. After clicking the link for the code, another page will appear to prompt you to confirm

4. This is the code generating page, and now we wait till the time as designated on the page below (this image is just an example)

5. Now you have a code up and ready

6. Once you get your code, pick your favoured candidates from the candidate list

7. Find the appropriate voting thread to vote in

8. Enter the appropriate stuff in your post

9. That's it, you're done.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-08-08 at 07:49.
Old 2007-08-05, 13:01   Link #3
archanfels

My analysis of the finals:

Group A

Nagi vs. Shana, Kugimiya civil war, fans are probably gonna be happy either way. Renowned casualties of this civil war include but not limited to Eva of Nagima, Tenma of SR, Ayano of LS, Kallen of Lelouche, all justified IMO. A fairly predictable group

Group B

A lot of combined efforts in this group: The Izumi Mother/Daughter, the Isumi/Sakuya duo of HnG, CC/Euphy of Lelouche. Winner is obvious even if you think with your kneecap.

Group C

The first group of death. 4 powerful Nanoha girls, including Nanoha herself. Those unfortunate enough to end up in this group include Yutaka of LS, Luna of SnHY, Clare of Claymore, Hinaichigo of RM, all justified. The only one who can provide a real challenge to the White Devil is the fast-rising Hinagiku of HnG.

Group D

Many major factions have representatives here. Barasuin of RM, Hayate of Nanoha, Maria of HnG, Rena of Higurashi, Ferrari of ARIA. All good competitors, but RIP, as the one and only KAGAMIN will give all of you a quick and painless death. (Though the aftermath[ie. grudge voting] might be troublesome)

Group E

A weak group, you'd think Shinku can dominate but her track record has proven her to be the stepping stone for black horses. Hamster of HnG, Akira of LS both have potential to overthrew the red queen. Dare I say this is the weakest group.

Group F

THE OMGWTFBBQPWNED group, Sui/Sou sisters, Aruru, Tsukasa and Miyuki of LS, San of SnHY, Shion of Higurashi. This is the one group I have no idea what the outcome will be. But even at the cost of losing Tsukasa, many strong threats will be taken out. THE group to watch.

Group G
Powerful 2nd Tier characters like Uguu, Rein II, Rika, Mion will battle it out. Yakumo of SR might have a chance too thanks to the relative weakness of the group setup. Akari/Alice of ARIA, I personally wish they can go as far as they can.

Group H

The final and another deathmatch group. Suigintou gonna duke it out w/ Fate. Louise of Zero no Tsukaima, Satoko of Higurashi are no small fries either. Mai of Kanon and Eri of SR, sorry you guys' age is over.

OVERALL:

The groups to watch for are C, D, F, H, particularly F. Lucky Star broke the SOS Brigate curse: Kona, Kagamin, Tsukasa are all in seperate groups while the former two face no real threats(OK Group D is tougher but I have that much faith in Kagamin). And I have to specifically mention Hayate no Gotoku: I predicted that they won't go far, but words cannot express how much sympathy(and LOL) I have for their luck in the group sorting: Hinagiku vs. Nanoha, Maria vs. Kagamin, Nagi vs. Shana, Isumi/Sakuya vs. Konata, Hamster vs. Shinku/Akira. Even if by some miracle they managed to best their opponents, the grudge voting next round will be nothing short of nasty. It was nice knowing you, Hayate's Harem, good luck next year.

Last edited by archanfels; 2007-08-06 at 09:58.
Old 2007-08-05, 13:05   Link #4
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
transferred my post from the last thread...

i hope someone is gonna make a poster for each match with corresponding titles for each matches like they did last year... though last year i only found poster of each groups semi-finals, this year i hope every match has one...

anyway for my predictions for each groups... note: my prediction is extremely biased but still slightly logical so take it with a spoon of salt...

Group A:
hoping eva makes it out... but that's highly unlikely...
first semi-finals would probably be shana vs izumi from hayate
second semi-finals would probably be miki vs nagi
finals would be shana vs nagi...
since both are lolis voiced by the same seiyu it's tough to predict but i would probably guess shana would come out of this group...

Group B
no particular favorites n this group...
first semi-finals would be siesta vs konata who just beat nayuki in the quarterfinals...
second semi-finals woulde be konoka/mikan vs chikaru/c.c.
finals would porbably be konata vs konoka/mikan/chikaru/c.c.
konata is gonna get out of this group with relatively small revenge votes to worry about in the upcoming matches

Group C:
no particular favorites... no clear predictions for this group...
1st semi-finals: hinagiku vs yutaka nanoha...
2nd semi-finals: caro/rimu/makoto vs matsuri/ana
fnals: hinagiku/nanoha vs caro/rimu/makoto/matsuri/ana
who ever wins the first semi-final match wins the whole group... it's either nanoha or hinagiku...

Group D:
hoping rena will advance(sorry kagamin for me tsundere < yandere)... but highly unlikely if she doesn't get enough moe/psycho-moe screen time in the upcoming eps kagami will win...
1st semi-finals: miu vs hayate
2nd semi-finals: shiori/rena vs kagami
finals: hayate vs rena/kagami
kagami has the highest probability of winning this group... but i still hope it would be rena who would advance...

Group E:
hoping either setsuna or nodoka would advance... but with shinku in this group it's highly unlikely...
1st semi-finals: nodoka(unlikely)/shinku(likely) vs ginga
2nd semi-finals: saki/setsuna vs akira/ayumu
finals: shinku vs saki/akira/ayumu
shinku has the highest chances of winning this group...

Group F:
i'm hoping tsukasa survives her group...
first semi-finals would probably be sui vs aruuruu
second semi-finals would probably be tsukasa vs miyuki/sou/shion...
the finals would probably be sui vs tsukasa...
hopefully tsukasa makes it through... but either way, the one who survives is still gonna carry some revenge votes for the rest of the tournament...

Group G:
favorites for this group are sayuri, nia, rika, nono and yakumo... they have low chances of advancing imo...
1st semi-finals: rein/eruuruu vs sayuri/alice caroll
2nd semi-finals: mion vs nia/rika
finals: rein vs mion
50/50 chance between rein vs mion so i don't know who will win betseen the 2...

Group H:
group filled with heavy-hitters... so there will be no clear winner here and the one who survives are gonna get a lot of revenge votes...
1st Semi-finals: fate/gin vs lutecia/alicia
2nd semi-finals: mai/mawari/louise(highly likely) vs kuroi/eri
Finals: fate/gin vs louise/eri
i have no idea who'll make it out of this group... and as i said earlier the one who does is gonna be burdened by some revenge votes for the remainder of the tournament...

these are only my biased but logical predictions so take it with a spoon of salt...

Last edited by z3phyr.mp3; 2007-08-05 at 15:52. Reason: minor additions
Old 2007-08-05, 13:20   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and for those who wants it easy lets have the grouping all under one post ^.^
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-05, 14:16   Link #6
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
transferred my post from the last thread...

i hope someone is gonna make a poster for each match with corresponding titles for each matches like they did last year... though last year i only found poster of each groups semi-finals, this year i hope every match has one...

anyway for my predictions for each groups... note: my prediction is extremely biased but still slightly logical so take it with a spoon of salt...

Group A:
hoping eva makes it out... but that's highly unlikely...
first semi-finals would probably be shana vs izumi from hayate
second semi-finals would probably be miki vs nagi
Very much agree on Shana, Izumi, and Nagi. As for Miki, there could be some competition from Tomoe (Rozen Maiden).

Quote:
Group B
no particular favorites n this group...
first semi-finals would be siesta vs konata who just beat nayuki in the quarterfinals...
second semi-finals woulde be konoka/mikan vs chikaru/c.c.
Definitely agree on this. While she may be a cute MILF, I really think that Kanata will be defeated by an Ai Nonaka-voiced character.

Quote:
Group C:
no particular favorites... no clear predictions for this group...
1st semi-finals: hinagiku vs yutaka nanoha...
2nd semi-finals: caro/rimu/makoto vs matsuri/ana
Actually, this one may be harder to predict, considering other possible contenders in Subaru, Jun, Hinaichigo, and Vita. However, I do agree that while she may be very cute, Yutaka will have no chance against Nanoha.

Quote:
Group D:
hoping rena will advance(sorry kagamin for me tsundere < yandere)... but highly unlikely if she doesn't get enough moe/psycho-moe screen time in the upcoming eps kagami will win...
1st semi-finals: miu vs hayate
2nd semi-finals: shiori/rena vs kagami
Pretty much agree with this bracket.

Quote:
Group E:
hoping either setsuna or nodoka would advance... but with shinku in this group it's highly unlikely...
1st semi-finals: nodoka(unlikely)/shinku(likely) vs ginga
2nd semi-finals: saki/setsuna vs akira/ayumu
As much as I love Nodoka-chan, I have to agree with you in that she is no match against Shinku unless one of the following voting factors have an effect on it (both of which I doubt will happen):
Spoiler for Nodoka vs. Shinku:

Quote:
Group F:
i'm hoping tsukasa survives her group...
first semi-finals would probably be sui vs aruuruu
second semi-finals would probably be tsukasa vs miyuki/sou/shion...
Another group in which I have a reason to hate Rozen Maiden (as Sui will once again easily beat Asuna). As for Tsukasa's opponent, there's another possibility in Seto-San.

Quote:
Group G:
favorites for this group are sayuri, nia, rika, nono and yakumo... they have low chances of advancing imo...
1st semi-finals: rein/eruuruu vs sayuri
2nd semi-finals: mion vs nia
Add Akari as a possible opponent for Rein and Rika as a possible opponent for Mion.

Quote:
Group H:
group filled with heavy-hitters... so there will be no clear winner here and the one who survives are gonna get a lot of revenge votes...
1st Semi-finals: fate/gin vs lutecia/alicia
2nd semi-finals: mai/mawari/louise(highly likely) vs kuroi/eri
While I agree on the second semi-final, the first one may have other possible contender in Shamal.
Old 2007-08-05, 14:32   Link #7
Aaeru
Simoun Sibylla

I was hoping to report my last results before the prior thread was closed, but oh well. 4:2, and all my favorite moekko are now in the tournament!

Is there any word on an exhibition match during this current break?
Old 2007-08-05, 15:47   Link #8
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Very much agree on Shana, Izumi, and Nagi. As for Miki, there could be some competition from Tomoe (Rozen Maiden).
i forgot about tomoe... guess it's because of the lack of screen time... but even though she's my favorite character in RM, she's nowhere near as popular as the RM dolls... miki also has more screen time, as part of the baka-trio, so i think it would be miki...
Quote:
Actually, this one may be harder to predict, considering other possible contenders in Subaru, Jun, Hinaichigo, and Vita. However, I do agree that while she may be very cute, Yutaka will have no chance against Nanoha.
seeing as jun just made top 8 and hinagiku was number 1 in her group, i see hinagiku winning against jun in the c-2 match... and although nanoha has series mojo to back-up subaru... i don't see subaru beating hinagiku... same goes for vita... even with series mojo i don't see vita beating ana-chan... and as far as hinaichigo goes, i thought she was the least liked dolls among the RM dolls...
Quote:
As much as I love Nodoka-chan, I have to agree with you in that she is no match against Shinku unless one of the following voting factors have an effect on it (both of which I doubt will happen):
Spoiler for Nodoka vs Shinku:
even though nodoka has gained increased screen time in the manga i just don't see a negima character beating off one of the main RM dolls...
Quote:
Another group in which I have a reason to hate Rozen Maiden (as Sui will once again easily beat Asuna). As for Tsukasa's opponent, there's another possibility in Seto-San.
if san can beat shion then maybe... but i don't see san doing that shion has the support of higurashi fans, and from the statistics of the first preliminary rounds, higurashi has a lot of support...
Quote:
Add Akari as a possible opponent for Rein and Rika as a possible opponent for Mion.
you should have said alice carol, whom i think is more moe than akari... and i'll probably add rika... though if i was asked to pick between nia and rika i would probably pick nia... though rika has a higher chances of winning...
Quote:
While I agree on the second semi-final, the first one may have other possible contender in Shamal.
if she can make it past gretel, but i believe lutecia has a higher chance than shamal since lutecia might get some support from the past fsn group who sees lutecia as loli-rider...
Old 2007-08-05, 15:57   Link #9
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

I'm one of the people who prefer seeing everything unfold rather than try to predict the results immediately. But it doesn't stop one from making painful realizations.

Such as Yutaka dying a terrible death against Nanoha before she has time to truly spread her wings >_<.

At least I see no Haruhi-esque upsets this time around. I don't think the sola girls will be strong enough to have to meet each other, though I'm rooting for them.
Old 2007-08-05, 15:58   Link #10
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

My work in progress:

edit- removed. see below.

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2007-08-06 at 03:52.
Old 2007-08-05, 16:35   Link #11
Once and Current Subber

Quite happy with the bracketing. No series really gets screwed (though Seto has a lot of its characters in one bracket). Plenty of good matches right out of the gate.

Yeah, definitely too early to pick winners. A big influencing factor is going to be how fast various series can put together a decent voting faction - it doesn't take that many spoiler votes to pull off an early upset, but it takes a lot of organization to get people involved in the early round in those kinds of numbers.
Old 2007-08-05, 18:50   Link #12
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Well, let's see if I can manage to not get as worked up about 2007 as I did last year's Saimoe. At least I managed to avoid commenting/freaking out about this year's preliminary rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeru View Post
Is there any word on an exhibition match during this current break?
It looks like today is not a match, but a poll. It's questions like "How satisfied are you with the results of the preliminaries/tournament draw/voting procedures?" or "How closely do you follow the threads in (other 2ch forum sections)?"
Old 2007-08-05, 20:47   Link #13
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
First, my belated comments on the latest results:

Oh, Mariya and Amano both survived comfortably. Of course an Undine survived and Hayate mojo is powerful as ever. Monmon... Darry... Yuuko... oh even Makoto survived at the end there. Well, today's casualty list is... I can live with it........

Korean SaiMoe:

* Landslide of Mai~ No surprise there
* Suigintou and Konata each got 39~40%. That left Siesta to rally with 7.6% and Chika died at 3.7%, surprisingly Arf did better with 4.6%...
* Lutecia Win. Not a landslide, but decisive. Kana did well to gather votes to 24.4% and Katsura-sensei surprisingly gathered 18.9% to take 3rd place, leaving Ohno-san behind at 7%...
* Fate at 51%. Somewhat surprisingly Asa-senpai got 29.3% despite the opponent. The ToHeart2 girl did not live.
* Eva 64.9%~ Happy result of Amano-san taking 2nd place at 15.6%.
* Minami (Lucky Star, done by Yuki VA) surprisingly won here, when she collapsed in the 2nd Prelims of the main SaiMoe. Asuna was just under her with 67 less votes (5% of total). The Human Panako lost at 8.2% to the Polyphonica girl who had 10.9%... pity that. Levi only got 9 votes...
* Finally, the total vote count increased yet again, with the Group of DEATH raking up 1405 votes and others being in the 1300s

Spoiler:

* 53: Ako... Lingshen... Signum... Barasuishou... Rein II... DAHH
* 54: Ryunne (ok, not a big name)... Tsubomi (Shuffle)... Nayuki... Akira-sama (Lucky Star)... Maki-chan (Seto)... uuuuuu

--------------

Ok, now that that's out of the way... All Brackets on one nice page - it's all copy/paste of ando's posts but best to have them all in one place.

Kinny, you may want to link the Wiki again and mention it as a suitable place to do campaigning, just like last year.

archanfels, zephyr, TnAdct1 - I've taken the liberty of linking your posts on the Wiki under the "Bracket Analysis" section. Trusting most people to have roughly the same views on who is strongest, they're there as 'quick overviews' to get people summarised on what's coming up - with the actual bracket information available if they want to make their own opinion/analysis. If you'd rather I don't link you, tell me now and I'll erase the links.

Aya Reiko, I'll be linking the most up-to-date version of your charts as you update us. Once complete, it can be saved on the Wiki's filespace to spread the bandwidth load.

2nd Prelims will be moved to the Archive page once the main tournament starts.

Finally, Excel Spreadsheet updated with 2nd Prelim Data - the data input is done for you, now you can analyse it however you want.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)

Last edited by Psieye; 2007-08-05 at 20:58.
Old 2007-08-05, 20:48   Link #14
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
My work in progress:

Spoiler:
Sweet... been waiting for the bracket... looking forward to the finished product!
Old 2007-08-05, 20:53   Link #15
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Oops, the link in my sig was still for the old thread.

Now fixed of course!
Old 2007-08-05, 22:39   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow this is going to be completely crazy. Just seeing the Groups now shows how hard some of these are going to be. The big preliminaries are easy (last not that good at 1:3) but now it'll be rough with some tough choices to be made.

Spoiler for View on the Blocks:

So now after taking a look at the whole thing I know this will be one wild tournament. Have to say Group H is where I see the hardest decisions being made between some huge favorites. Can't wait for the main voting to get started, it should be pretty fun.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-08-06 at 17:04.
Old 2007-08-06, 00:11   Link #17
ando

The number of characters who advanced to the main touranment according to the anime series.

Mahou Syoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Lucky StarOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Negima!?OOOOOOOOOOOO
Code Geass Lelouche of the RebellionOOOOOOOOOO
Hayate the Combat ButlerOOOOOOOOOO
KanonOOOOOOOOOO
Rozen Maiden OuvertureOOOOOOOOOO
Mai-Otome ZweiOOOOOOOOO
UtawarerumonoOOOOOOOOO
Strawberry PanicOOOOOOOO
ARIA The NATURALOOOOOOO
Maria-sama ga Miteru OVAOOOOOOO
Higurashi no Naku Koro niOOOOOO
OVA ToHeart2OOOOOO
SHUFFLE! MEMORIESOOOOOO
Shakugan no ShanaOOOOOO
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!OOOOO
Hidamari SketchOOOOO
Ichigo MashimaroOOOOO
Nagasarete AirantouOOOOO
Otogi Jushi AkazukinOOOOO
Otome wa Boku ni KoishiteruOOOOO
School Rumble Second TermOOOOO
Seto no HanayomeOOOOO
Zero no TsukaimaOOOOO
iDOLM@STER XENOGLOSSIAOOOOO
solaOOOOO
Fushigi Boshi no Futago Hime Gyu!OOOO
Happiness!OOOO
SimounOOOO
EL CAZADOR DE LA BRUJAOOO
HitohiraOOO
Kaibutsu OujoOOO
Renkin Sankyuu Magical? Poka~nOOO
Saint OctoberOOO
Sky GirlsOOO
Sumomomomomomo ~World's Strongest Bride~OOO
Tengen Toppa Gurren LagannOOO
Asatte no HoukouOO
Binbou Shimai MonogatariOO
CLAYMOREOO
Chocotto SisterOO
Inukami!OO
xxxHOLiCOO
BusourenkinO
DEATH NOTEO
Darker than BLACK -Kuro no Keiyakusya-O
Deltra QuestO
Dennou CoilO
Demashita! Power Puff Girls ZO
Gegege no KitarouO
Ghost HuntO
GintamaO
Jigoku Shoujo FutakomoriO
Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~O
Kaze no StigmaO
Keroro GunsouO
Kirarin RevolutionO
Kujibiki UnbalanceO
Kyoushirou to Towa no SoraO
Le Miserables Shoujo CoseteO
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Syukufuku wo!O
Meitantei ConanO
Muteki Kanban MusumeO
NHK ni Youkoso!O
Nodame CantabileO
Ookiku FurikabutteO
Ouran High School Host ClubO
Pumpkin ScissorsO
Shinkyoku Soukai PolyphonicaO
SoltyReiO
Toki wo Kakeru SyoujoO
Tokimeki Memorial Only LoveO
Tona Gura!O
Touka GettanO
Venus Versus VirusO
Yes! PreCure5O
Yoake Mae Yori Ruriiro na Crescent LoveO
ZEGAPAINO
Old 2007-08-06, 03:53   Link #18
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Spoiler:

I just need the dates for Round 2 and 3 matches and icons for each character to complete it.
Old 2007-08-06, 04:13   Link #19
Julius Firefocht

Holy crap, it's gonna be brutal. Having Fate up against Suigintou so early in the competition may potentially decide how everyone else will fare up to the final round. It's crazy.

EDIT: Strange, Suzumiya Haruhi and gang are totally absent for this year's voting? How can that be so?
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-08-06, 04:34   Link #20
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
FlareKnight's thoughts have been linked on the Wiki. I'll be automatically linking similar bracket-wide thoughts on the Wiki. As usual, if you do not like this, tell me and I'll undo.

Aya Reiko, a suggestion just in case: the Korean SaiMoe tournament is always a place you can pick up character icons from if you need to find somebody.

Quote:
Suzumiya Haruhi and gang are totally absent for this year's voting? How can that be so?
They're not elligible - they don't have a show that ran in the designated time frame. It'll be next year they return with S2.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Closed Thread