Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-04-30, 18:18   Link #221
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by skreech
I'm not sure which was my first anime but, i've narrowed it down to 3 possible choices. It was either Speed Racer, Akira, or Ronin Warriors. I remember watching Speed Racer and Ronin Warriors almost religiously along with Sailor Moon, and Tenchi Muyo . I've only been into fansubs since last October, tho.
I used to watch Ronin Warriors when it was on FOX at 630a on Saturdays. I thought it was awesome. Akira got me thinking of super mental powers. Ahh...memories.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 23:59   Link #222
Silver_Scorcher

The first one I saw was Astro Boy, way back when I was 2 or 3. I still have most of the episodes on tape, and I've made it an annual tradition to watch every episode I own once a year. I still haven't gotten tired of it. Maybe the original Transformers & G I Joe as well, but I don't think they count. From what I know, both of them were made with both American & Japanese ingenuity.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 00:08   Link #223
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

I hazily remember having watched Captain Future as a Child... of course I didn't have any idea what it was.
The first anime I watched consciously, knowing it was anime, was Sailor Moon.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 00:13   Link #224
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

As far as I could remember, my first anime is Voltus V. Then followed by Doraemon, Dragonball, Sailormoon, Candy Candy, and the one which made me hooked to anime is Saint Seiya the original TV series. Really good old days
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 02:56   Link #225
gothlink666
lord of the dragon

it was recording's of speed racer that my uncle had.
gothlink666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 03:00   Link #226
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao Asakura
As far as I could remember, my first anime is Voltus V. Then followed by Doraemon, Dragonball, Sailormoon, Candy Candy, and the one which made me hooked to anime is Saint Seiya the original TV series. Really good old days
lol omg we're neighbour or something, I pretty much watch the same stuffs. ^^

That was the era of Uchu Keiji Gavan, Kamen Rider and Gogle V too. ^^

Edit: Oh and Ninja Turtle. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 11:44   Link #227
Marvin

loong ago i remember seeing sailor moon but for me that dosent count. A few years ago i saw Hellsing and since then ive been hooked
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 11:52   Link #228
Slugge

I watched pokemon as little... only anime going on TV here in norway... but the first one that gotme hooked was naruto... and still hooked on that and about 40 others :P
Slugge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 12:13   Link #229
Blaat

Barbapapa, Heidi, Wizard of Oz, Chiisana Ahiru no Ooki na Ai no Monogatari Ahiru no Quack (Alfred J. Quack), The City of Gold and some bunch others.

I feel so original :P
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 12:25   Link #230
Jumper
Shimurai

I think that the first anime i've watched was Captian Future in the end of the 80s or beginn of the 90s, but its also possible that the first was Saber Riders, and later then i've watched Captian Tsubasa, Mila, Kickers etc.

Many years later i've become a real animefan after i saw a anime on Vox (it was in the night an i've only seen 1 or 2 eps), but i don't know what anime it was.
Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 00:16   Link #231
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Sailor Moon! And I didn't even really know what anime WAS at the time! I knew there was something different about it though... I just thought it was a really cool show. And I thought it was just the coolest anime EVER! Needless to say that impression didn't hold once I started watching other anime, like Slayers and Ah! Megami-sama. Still, part of me will always like it.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 00:24   Link #232
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
My first anime was one of the world masterpiece theater series. I could'nt remember what it was. our TV was black n white.

It was a scene when some girl using some glider collecting round glass shells in the dessert. and large worms travelling on the ground. also a large group of ppl walking in the dessert along. i wish I know what it was.
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 00:29   Link #233
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

My first anime was Voltron, followed by Robotech and then either Sailormoon or the original Sonic series... I'm not sure which. I'm not even sure if that Sonic series, which began sometime in the early '90s, was even an anime.

They all seemed so amazing when I first watched them, but now I look back and think to myself, "How could I have watched THIS?!".

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2004-05-26 at 01:10.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 02:56   Link #234
solidsonya

The first anime I ever saw was Sailor Moon in grade 2.
I don't think I was quite sure of what I was watching but i liked it then, nonetheless.. but i've gotten into many more animes after watching that one ..
solidsonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 23:27   Link #235
nukunuku
cat+android=catgirl!

i cant remember... what were some of the first animes to come to america?( i was born in 1987 what was out at that time?)
i remember sailormoon,dragon ball, this robot samurai fighting thing(it was back to back with dragon ball on the wb or upn i believe)ranma 1/2? anime seems natural to me like all other cartoons i dont remember which is the first i ever saw! now i really really wanna know! i know the first rpg i played was breath of fire 3.
nukunuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 00:45   Link #236
underdog
Alter User

Fist of the North Star
I watched this maybe 6 or 7 years ago and I remember almost every detail about the movie, interesting story line, great soundtrack, kick ass fight scenes and was a little emotional when Ray died to Raoh. The ending couldn't have finished off much better than it did, well....in my mind anyway.
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 07:20   Link #237
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
Shadow Skill OVA for me ;-)
Ombrenuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 08:11   Link #238
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
maybe there were some i watched as a child, after that..... pokemon (sucked though), some dbz, but my real anime watching started with ranma 1/2
CerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 17:21   Link #239
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
My first anime was Voltron, followed by Robotech and then either Sailormoon or the original Sonic series... I'm not sure which. I'm not even sure if that Sonic series, which began sometime in the early '90s, was even an anime.

They all seemed so amazing when I first watched them, but now I look back and think to myself, "How could I have watched THIS?!".

The original Sonic cartoon (there were actually two of them made at the same time, one somewhat serious saturday morning cartoon and one warner brothers-esque weekday morning show) was American. The characters had been created by Archie comics of all people. I liked it at the time, but I share your opinion of looking back on it and wondering just what I saw in it.

Still, Voltron, Robotech, and Sailormoon were all edited to an almost unrecognizable degree. The stories in Voltron and Robotech especially. Go Lion was a much darker show than was shown in Voltron. Robotechj was made from three completely unrelated series, mangled to pieces and tacked together with duct tape. Sailormoon wasn't chopped up to nearly that degree, but there are huge differences between the American and Japanese shows. In all cases, the uncut shows are far superior, and at least in the case of Robotech and (I think) Sailor Moon, the uncut versions are now available on DVD.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 00:01   Link #240
IntegraTypeR

TRANSFORMERS!!!!!!!!!! Need Energon!

Robotech.

I also followed Dragonball (not Z).
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote