AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2009-08-06, 22:04   Link #121
Rawrs

No problemo.
Rawrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 04:03   Link #122
israfel070

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorFang View Post
uhh it's been three months but i thought i might
well 'tochuu' stands for in the middle of something or during, an example is 'shobai no tochuu' where shoubai means business (similar to shounin merchant) so in the middle of business. In fact in episode 10 when Lawrence goes to meet the head of the Loewen trade union he said the same thing.

'tabi' is a journey or trip(also means a type of Japanese sock but in context it means a journey)

sooo in the end 'tabi no tochuu' directly translates to,
*drum roll*
middle of journey or journey's middle or during a journey.
Thanks for this! I think understanding the title helps me understand the music better. The happy intro in full version, signifies the exciting start of a journey, most of the rest is about the middle, and the repetitive pleading towards the end is about not wanting the journey to end...
israfel070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 08:51   Link #123
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Brilliant news, the soundtrack for the second season will be released September 23rd.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTCL-60168

Plenty of new pieces have been popping up in the show, especially in this weeks episode. This a must preorder in my books this weekend.
Old 2009-08-21, 00:48   Link #124
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

I thought it had already been released?
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 13:41   Link #125
Opalcard

Does anyone have the chords for Tabi no Tochuu to be played as a backing track?
Opalcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 16:23   Link #126
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Second soundtrack is pretty much on the same level as the first, just more dramatic pieces compared to the large amount of festive cheerful pieces on the first soundtrack. Goes well with the cover art for the second soundtrack.

Top 05 tracks will come once i've gave it a few more listens.
Old 2009-10-14, 06:17   Link #127
keiko777

does anyone have the full lyrics for tabi no tochuu?
keiko777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 17:12   Link #128
DreXav
Amused one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiko777 View Post
does anyone have the full lyrics for tabi no tochuu?
"Tabi no tochū"

Spoiler for Original:

Spoiler for Romaji:

Spoiler for English:
Old 2009-10-16, 20:16   Link #129
BashZeStampeedo

Hey thanks.. I was just about to do a search for those so I could touch up my subtitles set for season one! Off topic, but man is it a pain to touch up subtitles sometimes..
BashZeStampeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 23:43   Link #130
BashZeStampeedo

A friend of mine decided to re-write the OP's English-translated lyrics so the timing matched the timing of the Japanese version. I was impressed, I think it matches very well. So I decided I'd post it here for anyone who's interested:

Spoiler:

Last edited by BashZeStampeedo; 2009-10-21 at 12:30.
BashZeStampeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 03:25   Link #131
gaffer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashZeStampeedo View Post
A friend of mine decided to re-write the OP's English-translated lyrics so the timing matched the timing of the Japanese version. I was impressed, I think it matches very well. So I decided I'd post it here for anyone who's interested:

Spoiler:
This is really impressive, it matches well, better than I would have thought someone could do! Think I'll show it to my sister, she loves this song, cheers!
Old 2009-10-26, 11:20   Link #132
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashZeStampeedo View Post

Spoiler:
That is really good, the first part doesn't quiet match up but otherwise it's a perfect fit to the mood and theme of the song. Kudos to her!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 08:54   Link #133
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I know I'm not allowed to post links here because of associated copyrights, but I was linked a guitar instrumental of the OP Tabi no Tochuu (thanks to 'x', you know who you are).

Because the song was lacking without the vocals, through a little bit of computer wizardry, and music editing software, I've blended the instrumental and the original together, to the point it sounds like one cohesive track and doesnt harm the track in any way. If anyone wants a copy of the track with a guitar element, just let me know via PM and I'll drop you a link
Hopefully it wont cause any problems me posting this, as this is a blend I've made rather than one of the two original tracks.

Edit:

If this isn't allowed here please edit out, sorry about the audio quality, adding a quickly made picture and uploading it was the easiest way of getting the mix onto youtube without a fuss, and the video editing software I have is a lot more basic than my audio editing kit!

I might rewrite Bash's friends' lyrics as well, to better suit the timing and syllables of the song.

Edit: Here we go, if you try going through/singing this in your head, it retains the feel of the series, but this should fit a little better to the song!

Spoiler for slightly more aligned vocals:
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-02-21 at 15:38.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 18:44   Link #134
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

On a semi-related note (while not music, it pertains the S&W CDs). I finally got the 4 audio dramas in the mail. I had to pick them up from the post office, and when I got there and had to show my driver's liscence, the guy went and got the box and then with much derision yelled for everyone to hear... "ENJOY YOUR JAPANESE PARCEL!"

I could care less if everyone knows that I buy junk from Nih. However, I certainly did not care for the tone with which he made his announcement. What did he think was in there hentai novels?

Will I let this ruin my enjoyment of said audio dramas? Nope!
Old 2010-02-23, 19:01   Link #135
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Shame you didnt order a Japanese made tazer, that might have fixed his tone up a bit. Nothing worse than rude customer service staff (and I work in client facing myself).
Perhaps his derision comes from his own knowlege of Japan, and what he's most seen from there

I'd consider putting in a complaint about him to be honest, if you work for somewhere like the mail, it's your job to deliver the post, not judge something by where its come from. Theres a LOT of things that could come from Japan, electronics, whatever, (hell it could even be from family) however judgmental fools like that get on my nerves.

Again, thats just my personal opinion, but if you honestly feel he was taking the mick, you ought to put in a complaint. If he acts like that to other people using the mail, he needs taken down a peg or two by his boss.
Old 2010-02-23, 23:10   Link #136
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
On a semi-related note (while not music, it pertains the S&W CDs). I finally got the 4 audio dramas in the mail. I had to pick them up from the post office, and when I got there and had to show my driver's liscence, the guy went and got the box and then with much derision yelled for everyone to hear... "ENJOY YOUR JAPANESE PARCEL!"

I could care less if everyone knows that I buy junk from Nih. However, I certainly did not care for the tone with which he made his announcement. What did he think was in there hentai novels?

Will I let this ruin my enjoyment of said audio dramas? Nope!
I used to work for the post office when I was in college.... this guy was WAY OUT OF LINE to be mild. File a complaint. I used to deliver all sorts of oddities -- his job is to deliver them, not comment on them.
Old 2010-03-06, 16:23   Link #137
Rajura

Well here's an update:

1) My other stuff finally came in... among which was the "Okami to Kin no Mugiho"... very nice... took forever to get but well worth it
2) Looks like "Captain Professionalism" at the Post Office was "round filed" i.e. fired... he ticked off someone with a short fuse while I was out of town
3) New copy of the DVD came in... mint condition this time... and it ain't a stinking bootleg this time either... I am thus very pleased with the outcome with the company

That is all for now!
Old 2010-03-07, 07:49   Link #138
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Excellent, Im assuming the new copy of the DVD doesnt have any of the problems of the other copy

I did say 'Captain Professionalism' was going to get it if he didnt learn...
Old 2010-03-07, 15:59   Link #139
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Excellent, Im assuming the new copy of the DVD doesnt have any of the problems of the other copy

I did say 'Captain Professionalism' was going to get it if he didnt learn...
Not a one...

And yes, yes you did!
Old 2010-03-07, 16:22   Link #140
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Glad to hear!