AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2011-03-14, 12:07   Link #1
FBZ

Send a message via ICQ to FBZ Send a message via AIM to FBZ
Question MPlayerX for OSX and softsubs?

Hey guys, I just bought my first mac, and downloaded MPlayerX from the app store. Now I need to know how to set it up to watch softsubs. I look through the forum but everything I saw was for previous versions. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
Old 2011-03-14, 12:57   Link #2
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

read the thread two threads down from this one: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=70005
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2011-03-14, 13:08   Link #3
FBZ

those keeps talking about a dozen different versions. I need help with the MPlayerX that you can download from the App Store on a Mac. Plus there's over 11 pages. I don't understand why there's no simple guide on how to setup softsubs with the latest MPlayerX player.
Old 2011-03-14, 16:29   Link #4
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBZ View Post
I don't understand why there's no simple guide on how to setup softsubs with the latest MPlayerX player.
Because nobody's been using that version in nearly 3 years,ever since "mplayer extended" came out people just use that because softsubs work right away with no setup,but you won't find it in the appstore.

You can download it here

If you insist on using the appstore version,there's always this thread

The instructions you'd be interested in are the ones for the "official" version of mplayer

edit: though I just realised that when you said " I look through the forum but everything I saw was for previous versions." you might be talking about the 2nd link I listed,if those instructions don't work on the current mplayer then I don't know.But again,it'd probably be a whole lot easier if you just downloaded the "extended" version.
Old 2011-03-14, 21:14   Link #5
FBZ

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Because nobody's been using that version in nearly 3 years,ever since "mplayer extended" came out people just use that because softsubs work right away with no setup,but you won't find it in the appstore.

You can download it here

If you insist on using the appstore version,there's always this thread

The instructions you'd be interested in are the ones for the "official" version of mplayer

edit: though I just realised that when you said " I look through the forum but everything I saw was for previous versions." you might be talking about the 2nd link I listed,if those instructions don't work on the current mplayer then I don't know.But again,it'd probably be a whole lot easier if you just downloaded the "extended" version.
well I am a mac newbie and was looking for the latest MPlayer anyway and had trouble finding it. Thanks I downloaded MPlayer OSX Extended using the link you gave me, and if it plays softsubs off the bat, all the better.
Old 2011-03-15, 05:03   Link #6
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBZ View Post
those keeps talking about a dozen different versions. I need help with the MPlayerX that you can download from the App Store on a Mac. Plus there's over 11 pages. I don't understand why there's no simple guide on how to setup softsubs with the latest MPlayerX player.
a few things you are doing wrong:
1) you're using the app store
2) you're trying to watch multimedia content that is not Apple Approved on a mac
3) you're using a version of MPlayer that is several years old

yeah bro, you're basically screwed. you can try Perian if you want a better Apple Experience (i.e. a lot of shit you would expect to work does not, and it takes forever to load files, but hey, at least the player window looks damn slick), but really, if you actually want shit to play it's a better idea to just install windows in bootcamp. either that or, you know, actually take the time to read up on what's actually going on with MPlayer on mac and get a version of it that actually works properly and plays most shit decently. I hope you never want to play an mpeg ts though.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read