AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-10, 19:51   Link #5241
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Tsuzuki being so bad at writing military strategy stuff is the main reason many of those who like Hayate don't like her being put in that place.

We've all come to terms with her not being the bestest combat mage long ago (though not without a period of denial) and we want to read some awesome commanding Hayate...

It's just that Tsuzuki sucks at writing that. So we'd rather have her on the field, if given the choice. In combat. Since that's where Tsuzuki's skills are. Just look at the PSP games and how awesome Hayate is in those.

As for Curren, I just like her because she's a happy lucky gogo vilain who doesn't give a damn what her enemies think and is not afraid to let them know it. With a smile. Trolling all the way.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:14   Link #5242
Justin_Brett

I might have liked her if almost the whole group wasn't already smug as hell by the time she came along. Or if she just acted serious all the time.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:24   Link #5243
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Or if she just acted serious all the time.
I admit this is almost the only thing that keeps me from openly like Curren. Even if the other Huckebeins are a bunch of smug psychos i at least hoped for her to be the smart and serious leader able to handle them. Instead, Curren ended up being as smug(or perhaps even smugger) than them. She's still able to handle the gang, tough.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:31   Link #5244
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
She so smug arrogant, to the extent she ignores social boundaries and etiquettes.

You could say that Curren is the culture jammer of Nanohaverse.
Old 2012-01-10, 22:37   Link #5245
Key Board
Carbon

I'm wondering if other characters will get their own 5th generation device

Right now only Fate has one

Considering the plot seems to imply that there might be a business conspiracy agreement between Vandine and Caladwelch, wouldn't it be more prudent to focus on TSAB internally developed devices like Fate's 5th gen?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 22:41   Link #5246
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm wondering if other characters will get their own 5th generation device

Right now only Fate has one

Considering the plot seems to imply that there might be a business conspiracy agreement between Vandine and Caladwelch, wouldn't it be more prudent to focus on TSAB internally developed devices like Fate's 5th gen?
I aslo wonder if 5th Gen upgrade is available for Armed Devices. Seeing that they've thrown out of the window a golden opportinity to upgrade Laevatein. Also Graf eisen is mostly untouched.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 23:13   Link #5247
Key Board
Carbon

http://nk-ds.org/2010/07/my-summary-...-nanoha-vivid/

"In contrast with the approach of total conversion of magic power into physical energy adopted by the CW line of AEC equipment, the fifth generation devices are designed with the concept of utilization of magical energy to create magic effects even in situations of magic cancellation. They also exhibit a higher degree of magical performance in situations of no magic interference.

Therefore, in situations of magic cancellation, the fifth generation devices can create nonfatal attacks such as shocks and stuns without relying on direct output of magical energy. Under perfect conditions, even stronger effects can be achieved.

Currently these devices are extremely difficult to handle, however. Except with users capable of highly sophisticated magic control, or in possession of “inborn magic conversion potential” such as electricity and fire, the devices show the problems of unstable operational output, high degree of energy loss, as well as insufficiency for prolonged usage."

Laevetein getting a 5th gen upgrade in the same manner as Bardiche is hinted at

I think Signum and Erio are covered... eventually... (when they get the darn technology working xd)

I'm more curious about Nanoha and the others who don't have elemental conversion. They'll have to internally develop a different 5th gen for her otherwise they'll have to constantly rely on Strike Canons. And I don't think that's a sound strategy.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-01-10, 23:26   Link #5248
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Laevetein getting a 5th gen upgrade in the same manner as Bardiche is hinted at

I think Signum and Erio are covered... eventually... (when they get the darn technology working xd)
Poblem is that so far the hint was completely ignored by Laevatein being just repaired to his old, uneffective, self. and the fact that both Vita and now Teana has confirmed the existence of an AEC-Equipement for Signum. Erio at least hasn't received a true personalized weapon yet which open possibilities for an upcoming upgrade for Strada who, unlike Graf eisen and Laevatein, is a much modern Armed Device and as such is possible that it'll probably undergo said upgrade.

Now that i think about it i just noticed that Revolver Knuckle, another Armed Device, was also denied of the 5th Gen upgrade, further raising my suspicions about Armed Devices being unable to adapt the technology.

Quote:
I'm more curious about Nanoha and the others who don't have elemental conversion. They'll have to internally develop a 5th gen for her otherwise they'll have to constantly rely on Strike Canons. And I don't think that's a sound strategy.
About Nanoha, the supplemental material says the 5th Gen can be used also by mages with powerfull mana processing and hihg-level control over it, both traits possesed by the Ace of Aces.

About the Strike Cannons i've come to the theory that is just a sub-par weapon individually but can have a big impact in rised numbers which probably we'll seen when the Raptors enter the scene. An EC Driver is able to shrug off being blasted by one Strike Cannon but i wonder what will happen if the same individual gets fussilated by an entire platoon of them(like 15 or 20 perhaps?). remeber that the Raptors are adapted to use ALL equipement produced by Caledfwich Techniques.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 23:36   Link #5249
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Raising Heart was also confirmed to have upgraded to the Fifth Generation Terminal.
Old 2012-01-10, 23:38   Link #5250
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Raising Heart was also confirmed to have upgraded to the Fifth Generation Terminal.
Sauce?

I also think i've readed that somewhere but i can't remember exactly where.

If that's true then i hope Nanoha soon forget about that lame "Excellence Cannon" stuff and returns to her "Breaker", dungeon bypassing, restrict locked awesomeness xD!

Laevatein and Revolver Knuckle have bitten the dust, all i have now is Rasing Heart T-T

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 23:43   Link #5251
Key Board
Carbon

Erio was using a Strike Canon when bombarding Huckebein's ship

of course both his Strike Canon and Vita's AEC Hammer were broken in one hit by Curren

and Nanoha performed something that looked like an AEC Divine Buster on Thoma and he took it point blank. So she's still beam-spamming.

of course being a Eclipse zombie meant that Thoma survived that

anti Eclipse technology still hasn't caught up yet
Old 2012-01-10, 23:46   Link #5252
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Sauce?

I also think i've readed that somewhere but i can't remember exactly where.

If that's true then i hope Nanoha soon forget about that lame "Excellence Cannon" stuff and returns to her "Breaker", dungeon bypassing, restrict locked awesomeness xD!

Laevatein and Revolver Knuckle have bitten the dust, all i have now is Rasing Heart T-T
I don't have the source; someone else brought up the material that had the confirmation. Might've been the NEXT image for the Fortress equipment. It was either in this thread or in the old one before it got divided up for Vivid and Force.

Quote:

of course both his Strike Canon and Vita's AEC Hammer were broken in one hit by Curren
But not easily--the attempt also destroyed her katana, and Curren commented on just how tough the Strike Cannon was.
Old 2012-01-10, 23:48   Link #5253
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:

Vita was using another Strike Cannon at the time, the War Hammer is just fine for now.

About Erio, i guess he wasn't available for AEC testing because of his job at that reservation place with Caro and that's the reason of why he still didn't have an excluisive upgrade for him. Still i don't think Fate and Hayate are that careless, hopefully Erio will get his very own equipement. If the contrary happens that means this will be probably the start of his "Zafirisation" process xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 23:54   Link #5254
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
What ever happened to those weird Alpha-5 like robots that was shown after the battle and on one of the Next? Had they did anything in the story yet?
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 23:56   Link #5255
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

....the Raptors are yet to make an appearance but at the end of Ch. 20 Mr. Vandin implied that their debut is cooming soon.

Quote:
I don't have the source; someone else brought up the material that had the confirmation. Might've been the NEXT image for the Fortress equipment. It was either in this thread or in the old one before it got divided up for Vivid and Force.
thanks, i'll search for that(probably i myself was the one that uploaded that, but with a mind like mine's...).

Quote:
But not easily--the attempt also destroyed her katana, and Curren commented on just how tough the Strike Cannon was.
Pretty smug from her part xD. Like saying "wow! i actually needed to flex my muscles to cut throug this things! I usually slice through stuff like this as if those were butter" xD!

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-01-11 at 00:15.
Old 2012-01-11, 00:04   Link #5256
Justin_Brett

Tough for a normal sword, mind. An actual Divider, probably less so. Assuming she even has one tucked into hammer-space somewhere.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 01:11   Link #5257
Key Board
Carbon

Refresh my memory

Is Touma's Silver Cross the original or a bootleg?

I know there's something special about Lily or the book, but I can't remember
Old 2012-01-11, 01:16   Link #5258
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It wasn't revealed yet, so far the plot seems to treat tohma's book as if it where the original but nothing has been clearly stated on the issue. It could be a really shocking surprise if Tohma's book ends up being a copy, i don't know if Silver Cross have enough sentinence to develop "feelings" but i also be eager to know how it's reaction will be.

But i agree with you in that something definetely special about Lily is hidden.

Wonder if the different coloration between books(Tohma's Black and Curren's White) is an indicator.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-11, 01:45   Link #5259
LostSome

I thought that Thoma`s zero gene or whatever it`s called was the special deal.
Vandin were about to scrap Lily anyway. And Cypha didn`t cared for the broken plug either.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 01:52   Link #5260
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
I thought that Thoma`s zero gene or whatever it`s called was the special deal.
Vandin were about to scrap Lily anyway. And Cypha didn`t cared for the broken plug either.
Vandin was using Lily for experiments in order to find a Zero Driver. Cypha rejected her just because she's a douche.

Tohma's Zero Driver seems to be something good but not all mind-blowingly important as Curren thinked of that as no big deal compared with her other bussiness. As i said, the story treats Tohma's book like if were the real deal but no textual confirmation has been given for now.

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force