AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-17, 10:45   Link #34221
killer3000ad

Malaysian Airlines plane with 295 onboard goes down over Eastern Ukraine

They are saying it may have been shot down by accident.
Old 2014-07-17, 10:50   Link #34222
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Poor MAS....

This year is a terrible year for them
Old 2014-07-17, 10:52   Link #34223
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Malaysian Airlines plane with 295 onboard goes down over Eastern Ukraine

They are saying it may have been shot down by accident.
Not a good year for Malaysian Airlines. Wonder which side did it...
But unless the rebels have access to a SAM site, it might just be the government side which did this...
Old 2014-07-17, 10:53   Link #34224
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Whichever side shot that plane down will be completely blacklisted by the entire global community.
Old 2014-07-17, 11:01   Link #34225
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa. What bad luck for Malaysia Airlines.
First, there was that plane which was lost in SEA and the Malaysian government got flak for not revealing or doing much and lying to the families of the passengers of the possibility that they were still alive.
And now another might have been shot at a warzone.
Old 2014-07-17, 11:05   Link #34226
LoveYouSaber

Gosh, really awful luck for Malaysian Airlines. I can also see that attention is going to shift back to Ukraine and Russia. But is it likely for rebels to have hands on missiles that can shoot at a plane flying at 10,000 metres? Not good at weapon technology, but would this require missiles launched at a proper site?
Old 2014-07-17, 11:07   Link #34227
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Whichever side shot that plane down will be completely blacklisted by the entire global community.
It is an old Soviet system. Probably the Ukraine government is going to be blacklisted.

Maybe Russian false flag operation, Spetznaz or SIGINT hackers. Take your pick.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-07-17, 11:24   Link #34228
killer3000ad

Some early images of the wreckage.
https://pp.vk.me/c616525/v616525687/...2JcB5N-qdw.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c616525/v616525687/...FYAkmqz14c.jpg
Old 2014-07-17, 12:17   Link #34229
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

It seems Igor Strelkov, the "commander of the Donestk Republic forces" claimed to have shot down today what he tought was an Ukrainian An-26 plane, which could be in fact the Malaysian Airlines plane.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bswg7UGCQAAtv47.jpg

http://live.reuters.com/Event/World_News

According to some French news sites, the MA flight flew for Dutch company KLM, wich probably means most of the passengers were EU citizens.

Last edited by Der Langrisser; 2014-07-17 at 12:29.
Old 2014-07-17, 12:49   Link #34230
AntonKutovoi

Awful news. And cituation is going to be a very dirty now. Both sides could've done it and both sides are blaming each other now.
But the main problem isn't even that: who the hell thought to lead a plane, full of people into a war zone, where all civil flights were forbidden for a few moth already, by both sides, no less, was a good idea?
Old 2014-07-17, 12:55   Link #34231
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Awful news. And cituation is going to be a very dirty now. Both sides could've done it and both sides are blaming each other now.
But the main problem isn't even that: who the hell thought to lead a plane, full of people into a war zone, where all civil flights were forbidden for a few moth already, by both sides, no less, was a good idea?
Eh no. Civilian flights are STILL going in and out of Ukraine and across it. Being land locked means you have a dozen flight routes over where you live.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-07-17, 13:08   Link #34232
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Eh no. Civilian flights are STILL going in and out of Ukraine and across it. Being land locked means you have a dozen flight routes over where you live.
Kiev forbade any flights in the Eastern Ukraine in the beginning of July (OK, I was wrong about a few months, I admit). And I'm pretty sure I've read the similar message from the Resistance forces as well.
Old 2014-07-17, 13:11   Link #34233
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

At least four French citizens have been confirmed to be on board.
Old 2014-07-17, 13:13   Link #34234
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Both sides could have done it?

Have you noted that Separatists don't have planes, and as such Ukraine had not used any antiaircraft weapons in this conflict?

Have you noted that in the past weak multiple aircraft had been shot down by separatists?

At least hide your denial better.
Old 2014-07-17, 13:29   Link #34235
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Both sides could have done it?

Have you noted that Separatists don't have planes, and as such Ukraine had not used any antiaircraft weapons in this conflict?

Have you noted that in the past weak multiple aircraft had been shot down by separatists?

At least hide your denial better.
A. It's not even confirmed that plane was took down from the earth.
B. Actually, they have. The weapons that can shoot THAT hight were taken with fights from the Ukranian side some time ago. So, as I said, both sides could've done it.
Old 2014-07-17, 13:29   Link #34236
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Good thing I am not Chinese then. There is a reason Taiwan stopped using the ROC title; we moved on.

China is in a funny spot historically. 500 years ago it was a world power, then it fell, and now it is built up again. But much of the damage had been self-inflicted. The Communist Party doesn't know what to do about the Mao era; they sort of don't want to repeat it because it was horrible, but they also don't want to denounce it because that would indirectly denounce the Party. So China still hang picture of Mao everywhere, but actual Maoist politicians are not tolerated. Paradox all around.
The last party leader able to shift things significantly was Deng, as he articulated an alternative approach and carried it out. Something similar would be necessary to move past the shadow of Mao, but given how the party itself was one of the biggest victims of the Mao era this isn't as hard as it may appear at first.

As for cultural moving on, where you see divergence I can see convergence, for in the end people are far more alike than they'd like to admit, and in the end humanity needs to find commonality or burn, whichever comes first.
Old 2014-07-17, 13:52   Link #34237
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
A. It's not even confirmed that plane was took down from the earth.
B. Actually, they have. The weapons that can shoot THAT hight were taken with fights from the Ukranian side some time ago. So, as I said, both sides could've done it.
Planes don’t generally fall out of the sky for no reason, and for officials to immediately assert the cause of the crash so quickly means that it’s highly likely there are some kind of evidence pointing to a missile strike.

You’re also not getting the point that Vallen was making. The Ukrainian forces have not been fighting an enemy force that have air assets. AA weaponry is frankly pointless for the government forces – the separatists don’t have planes to be shot at in the first place. And the adversary that does have plane, namely Russia? they can’t shoot at them - the last thing the Ukrainians want is to give Russian an excuse to invade. In short, the Ukraine govt force have no reason to be shooting at any planes period.

On the other hand, the Separatists HAVE been shooting at planes for quite a while now. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit that the separatists shot the airliner down thinking it was an Ukrainian plane.
Old 2014-07-17, 13:58   Link #34238
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Fair remainder we have this thread
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...light=conflict

Old 2014-07-18, 08:49   Link #34239
Bri

According to Malaysia Airlines the latest breakdown of nationalities of those on board the flight is as follows: 189 Netherlands, 44 Malaysia, 27 Australia, 12 Indonesia, 9 UK, 4 Belgium, 4 Germany, 3 Philippines, 1 Canada, 1 New Zealand and 4 unidentified.

A lot of shocking pictures and footage came through one of the major news websites in the Netherlands left me dazed. The passports was just so unreal. One of my former teachers with his wife and daughter was aboard that plane. Just awful.
Old 2014-07-18, 12:34   Link #34240
GDB

How can you have unidentified on a flight?
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international