bran
h e a d s h o t

wasn't that always their way of fighting

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:31   Link #222
nutype
Future MD

no lock on killed several MS's, as haro indicated. If anything he is working for katalon
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:34   Link #223
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Did anyone notice? Lyle only shot GN-XIII's head, legs and arms. Disarming them instead of killing. A-LAWS spy?
Well, Lyle wasn't able to score more hits on the A-Laws suits... heck, Tieria had difficulty gunning down the GN-XIII's and he's spamming beams in every direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
00 and Arios also only sliced the GN-XIII's head and arms .
Kinda true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
wasn't that always their way of fighting
... but not really. CB is not the Clyne faction, which goes out of their way to disable only. As shown in episode 2, Setsuna just kills everything. That they ended up busting only arms and legs was because it only ended up that way, rather than anything intentional on their part. As long as the mobile suits are out of action, they have no reason to double-kill their enemies.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:40   Link #224
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

It is a standard Gundam plotline regarding the drop in performance. Once the good guys come in, the bad guys are no match for them. Besides, most of the suits are top of the line, for example Seravee. Virtue's GN shield is no match for the GN beams once the Earthlings get their hands on GN-Xs, but no it just shrugs the beams off like it didn't exist at all.
Well, prison breaks often have scenes wherein bad guys conveniently miss good guys though they're standing feet away from them (though Alle is a supersoldier...or Andrei, Soma and co. went to the Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy), but that aside, well...MS combat's gonna be like that for a while, especially with the 00 on CB's side. From the preview, it looks like Lindt will be the first one to give CB an actual challenge...but when the Gundams come about we know what'll happen...

Honestly, I'm just waiting for either Graham or Ali, the two antagonists that have ever stood a proper chance against Gundams, to kick the living daylights out of CB, really.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:41   Link #225
Lelouch*Vi*Britannia
Anti-Britannia Rebel God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergarmak View Post
I can say just "good episode".

Some good points:
- Alle and Soma meeting, just goes drama. He reveals her true name directly.
But still so many questions subsist. What is Alle real name too? where does the false "Soma p" name come from?
- Marina feeling's talk to setsuna (just miss a kiss? setsu you're a man now)
- Clone lyle behaviour is realy different from neil's one. He consider CB as tool.
- the useful tidal wave. Great animated scene.
- tiera's nursing attitude. He gives what he all has.
- marina directy involves in CB and innovators plans. More screentime for her...
- ptolemy inspiration design was realy a dolphin after all ( a functional form).

Some bad points:
- arrows men are really nuts.
- EF didn't want to find more about CB by torturing Alle during all the time they have him. They are good guys?
- Alle has bullet-proof body / Arrows top soldiers are so blind with gun in hands.
- Alle has super-robot body, he cans run even after being immobilized for XXX time.
- Lyle is a fucking brother, it is even not worth for him to know more about Neil.
- that stupid strategic prison area.... at the limit of sea level, bordered by mountains all over.
- Pink princess liumei was sleeping for 4 years. She don't care about "nakama" attitude.
about the marina and setsuna one, i don't think setsuna is "experienced" at dealing with women... -_-
Lelouch*Vi*Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:47   Link #226
miles316

tactics

Spoiler for episode:
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:48   Link #227
kari-no-sugata

Didn't mention it before but it's pretty clear in the episode that Lyle is sandbagging (acting worse than his true skills).

Earlier in the ep he says he's never piloted a MS (used a loader)... but Sumeragi has some stats in front of her from a training exam, and he had 2x the average on basic skills and 3x on sniping, or something like that.

There's also once or twice in the ep when you see him deliberately remind himself to act like a newbie.

To me, he seems genuinly concerned about his Kataron comrades and at the moment, I doubt he's a spy for A-LAWS. I think it's more like he's trying to lay low and isn't really part of CB yet.
Old 2008-10-19, 09:50   Link #228
voanh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, Lyle wasn't able to score more hits on the A-Laws suits... heck, Tieria had difficulty gunning down the GN-XIII's and he's spamming beams in every direction.

Kinda true...

... but not really. CB is not the Clyne faction, which goes out of their way to disable only. As shown in episode 2, Setsuna just kills everything. That they ended up busting only arms and legs was because it only ended up that way, rather than anything intentional on their part. As long as the mobile suits are out of action, they have no reason to double-kill their enemies.
Trinity noted in episode 16 that CB/Gundam Meisters avoided killing the enemy's pilots except in extreme cases. It's about 19:26, you can check it. So I think it's really intentional.
voanh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:55   Link #229
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
To me, he seems genuinly concerned about his Kataron comrades and at the moment, I doubt he's a spy for A-LAWS. I think it's more like he's trying to lay low and isn't really part of CB yet.
I agree that Lyle's allegiances are inclined more towards Kataron than CB. He would put Kataron first, which could prove to be disastrous to the Meisters when the Kataron almost got annihilated in the near future.

And his relationship with Feldt is starting to get physical.....that has got to be the BEST thing that has ever happened through the entire series. And so is his relationship with Tieria right now (starting to seem like a semeuke to me.....)

Tieria's relationship with Setsuna has certainly taken a turn over the second season, though Setsuna still acts nonchalantly towards the former (he prefers his Gundam).
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:56   Link #230
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voanh99 View Post
Trinity noted in episode 16 that CB/Gundam Meisters avoided killing the enemy's pilots except in extreme cases. It's about 19:26, you can check it. So I think it's really intentional.
Because of their mission.
Honestly, didn't you watch last season? I hardly remember that after the first few mission, they avoid killing as much as they can.
Seems like they were in a lot of extreme cases, I guess. Most of the time of last season.

Quote:
And his relationship with Feldt is starting to get physical.....that has got to be the BEST thing that has ever happened through the entire series.
Yeah....and next month you'll find 2 Lockon in popularity poll, one is in top 5, and the others at the list's bottom.
Old 2008-10-19, 09:57   Link #231
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by voanh99 View Post
Definitely doesn't look like it to me. I mean, even as late as this episode Tieria smoked the GN-XIII's like they were nothing, and Setsuna in episode 2 completely destroyed the opposition without a second thought.

While I believe that they would try to reduce casualties as much as they can, they really don't care much whether their combat actions killed their opponents or not. It's not like we're shown that they're constantly thinking about "hey, just disable them as much as possible". They will not engage in unnecessary conflict as shown (like letting retreating units go), but otherwise they aim to kill.

If they're able to only disable then it's all well and good, but I doubt it goes any farther into their conscious decisions than that. I'd rather pin the survival of the GN-XIII's to the skill of the A-Laws pilots, rather than on anything the Meisters intended.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-10-19, 09:59   Link #232
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Is it just me or does Ribbons have special contacts with Barack Obama in the future?

Well all the Meisters are back and are kicking major ass.

Lyle seems a little sketchy and is bothering me a bit with still keeping contact with Kataron. I believe he has another agenda besides trying to destroy A-Laws via Celestial being.

Oh Allelujah, trying to get through to Soma. I don't know why he kept trying after it failed the first time. Oh well, he'll succeed later.

Summeragi should start playing her role again quickly. I can't stand seeing her just drink and drink and not be on the bridge giving orders. I hope she gets slapped back into reality.

I never trusted Lu Mei again after the last episodes of Season 1. But playing both sides of the battle just doesn't make any sense at the moment. What side is she really on(if shes on a side at all)

Now on preview:
Battle in the Ocean? Lol
Lockon X Feldt? (With the wrong Lockon) I hope for that slap to happen
A-Laws = Kamikaze?

Next episode seems rather meh.
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:59   Link #233
miles316

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
no lock on killed several MS's, as haro indicated. If anything he is working for katalon
of course he is working for katron he is their man and CB knows that he will be their contact with katron
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 10:00   Link #234
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Also, only now did I notice this, and I wonder why no one else has pointed it out...

Soma and Allelujah were within very close proximity of each other without any special suits or anything... and yet they no longer experience the debilitating headaches they had 4 years prior.

Old 2008-10-19, 10:03   Link #235
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Also, only now did I notice this, and I wonder why no one else has pointed it out...

Soma and Allelujah were within very close proximity of each other without any special suits or anything... and yet they no longer experience the debilitating headaches they had 4 years prior.
Does it has anything to do with the disappearing of Hallelujah?
Old 2008-10-19, 10:04   Link #236
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Soma still has her glial glands modifications, while Hallelujah no longer exists (Allelujah's headache probably came from Hallelujah trying to break out and take control). That is probably why.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 10:05   Link #237
P.G.
Rated P.G. Superstar

Send a message via MSN to P.G.
whoo~ just watch the raws after failing to watch the live broadcast. this episode was great eh~ love the bgm, hope they get done w/ ost after a few episodes or something like that.

off topic-
the CMs were good too, love the psp macross & VProfile
P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 10:06   Link #238
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Hallelujah has the ability to stop the headache. With the personality dead (or merged with Allelujah), Allelujah probably is immune to the quantum brainwave now
Old 2008-10-19, 10:07   Link #239
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Soma still has her glial glands modifications, while Hallelujah no longer exists (Allelujah's headache probably came from Hallelujah trying to break out and take control). That is probably why.
Soma's protection from Allelujah was a result of special modifications to her suit though, and not her glial glands. And Hallelujah was responsible for stopping the headaches on Allelujah's case.

They probably has a yet unexplained solution to the problem of quantum brainwave interference during the 4 years. And IIRC, there was a preview from a while back (the same preview showing off the footage from the Gundam Meisters game) where Al supposedly had surgery on his brain or something. (source need to be verified though).

Old 2008-10-19, 10:08   Link #240
Mangaka-chan

God this episode was awesome. XD Lots of action and character development. Hell, I don't even know where to start.

The part where Setsuna asks Sumeragi to help them was touching. With everyone in the room united for one cause and willing to lay down their lives to save one of their own, that even if the plan didn't work they would not blame Sumeragi. Compare this to S1 where Tieria was blaming Sumeragi for the deviating in their mission and the general atmosphere of disunity the team has come a long way. And For Setsuna of all people to be giving that speech shows me how much he's grown in 4 years.

The Alle and Soma interaction in this episode, while short, gives some important hints about their past. Apparently they spent a lot of time together when at "the Home" which I assume was the orphanage they lived in before being taken into the Super Soldier program. The fact that Soma remembers none of this means that her background, being a test tube baby and all, was faked and she was given or told false memories to make her forget where she came from.

About Lyle, I'd say his loyalties right now lay with Kataron. He was really concerned about how the Kataron rescue mission was going while being on the CB side of things. Plus he forwarded the CB mission plan to Kataron so they can take the opportunity to bust out their own people. That has me worried because sooner or later Tieria or someone else (Tieria seems the most likely candidate) to confront Lyle about his loyalties. Also he's holding back on his sniping abilities. I'm not sure why he'd do that. Is it so that he'd make the people in CB think he's not very good and wouldn't assign him on missions so he'd have more time to snoop around CB?

Tieria in this episode surprised me, just by how much his character has changed since S1. He told Setsuna about Marina and even asked him if he wants to save her, given Setsuna can accomplish his mission in 1/3 of the time and have the rest to go find her. Before he wouldn't have given a damn, since this was clearly something outside their mission objective. Then there's the part at the end where Alle was completely shocked to see Lockon and became embarrassed. Tieria said there wasn't anything to be embarrassed about and he shouldn't have to try to be someone he isn't, then precedes to welcome him back. There was no way Tieria would've said any of that in the previous season and this episode really showed how much he's changed.

I also really like the conversation between Setsuna and Saji. I think Saji hadn't realize until Setsuna confronted him with it that while his world is peaceful, the lives of many other people were not. I don't think Saji has ever thought about it in that context and it's nice to see him being challenged.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote