Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-12, 10:07   Link #3701
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Banzai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
1. Yui's win neutralizes any "anti-Saki" movement that wasn't already there.
Or emboldens it.
Old 2009-10-12, 10:52   Link #3702
Taiga-sama
Demon Queen of /a/

Taiga will win against Nodoka because she's petanko and moe and Japan loves petanko tsunderes (o ̄ω ̄ o・) Final will be Taiga x Yui, and Yui will win because mental retardation is moe. ( ˃ ヮ˂)
Old 2009-10-12, 10:59   Link #3703
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Sup Taiga.

Never forget
Old 2009-10-12, 11:09   Link #3704
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
nodoka will get the joint forces of all otaku who cheered for a big breasted girl to win saimoe and were left in despair.

btw from what i saw nodoka is leading pretty heavily in the manga saimoe, so that should show you exactly what is the status at the moment..

kyaputain btw still haven't had a fight with any tough oponents other then yuki, and she beat yuki which was one of the favorites to win this, so it should speak for itself as well
Old 2009-10-12, 11:14   Link #3705
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
kyaputain btw still haven't had a fight with any tough oponents other then yuki, and she beat yuki which was one of the favorites to win this, so it should speak for itself as well
Confirmed for delusional.

Never forget
Old 2009-10-12, 11:24   Link #3706
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga-sama View Post
Taiga will win against Nodoka because she's petanko and moe and Japan loves petanko tsunderes (o ̄ω ̄ o・) Final will be Taiga x Yui, and Yui will win because mental retardation is moe. ( ˃ ヮ˂)
One problem, Nodocchi already defeated two petankko tsunderes, Nagi and Louise. Why should the end result with Taiga be any different?
Old 2009-10-12, 11:33   Link #3707
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Taiga's different only in that she's a new character verses Nagi and Louise, thus doesn't have extra baggage like those two do. Also if one looks at the beginning of the tournament, you'll see that of the remaining four girls, three came in first in their groups, and one did not...that one was Taiga...she came in second to Yui. However if you look at the numbers, three of these four where in the Top Ten in terms of total votes gained in the Preliminaries....

Number One: Nodoka
Number Two: Yui
Number Three: Taiga

This means Taiga's got about as much chance of taking on Nodaka as anyone aside from Yui. A better chance than Nagi or Louise....by the numbers.

However the numbers in the Preliminaries would have had Number Four: Yuuki, still in this instead of Captain, who did not make the Top Ten, but was still first in her Group. She's become the random factor.
Old 2009-10-12, 11:41   Link #3708
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Taiga's different only in that she's a new character verses Nagi and Louise, thus doesn't have extra baggage like those two do.
Taiga took out Maria and Azu-nyan en route to the semis. She has baggage.
Plus Nodoka has gained votes every round since the beginning. Taiga has not.

It just dawned on me the four who lost in the QFs are the Block A, B, C, and D winners.
Old 2009-10-12, 11:48   Link #3709
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Taiga has new baggage. She doesn't have old Saimoe baggage (Nagi was runner up in 2007, also beat Shana in that same year if I recall. Louise has probably the most baggage of any character that hasn't made it to the Final match).

And while I seriously doubt the Japanese care, Taiga won Korean Best Moe. There is a push in some areas for her to double (or even triple) crown in moe victory by taking Saimoe (and ISML).
Old 2009-10-12, 11:48   Link #3710
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Excuse me...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS (looks like my finals pick might come to fruition)

Okay. Also, just because Taiga is voiced by Rie Kugimiya does not mean she is the same character as Nagi or Louise. Taiga should win that match on residual votes, ones that those other two characters would not get.
Old 2009-10-12, 12:31   Link #3711
Team Rocket Elite

Yesterday's Results:

Hirasawa Yui - 873 (51.60%)
Amae Koromo - 819 (48.40%)

The match was a bit closer than I thought it would be. Koromo once again went for a last hour Haitei Raoyue. It's a pretty powerful ability. She managed to significantly reduce Yui's lead but The Koromo couldn't get enough points to take first place. Koromo actually ended up with the third highest number of votes. She even beat Taiga and Mihoko who won their matches. Yui couldn't quite beat Nodocchi but Yui had a significantly stronger opponent and Yui still has the highest total votes recieved.

Saki was unable to get three characters into the top 4. At this point, Saki is probably done setting Saimoe records. Saki characters have two powerful characters as their semifinal opponents. Lets see if they can make an all Saki final a reality.
Old 2009-10-12, 12:51   Link #3712
Deathscyther

I think Yui will beat Captain quite easily. Taiga vs Nodoka should be close, but I think Taiga will win in the end.

I predict the final to be Taiga vs Yui with (sadly) Yui winning in the end. Even if Nodoka beats Taiga, I still think Yui will win in the end.
Old 2009-10-12, 13:17   Link #3713
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
at the moment most signs show nodoka as the champ actually with the highest single match total, already beating two Kugimiya tsunderes, as well as being a leader in the manga saimoe.
Old 2009-10-12, 13:31   Link #3714
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 2-2 (2-2; 90-66)
Predictions: 3-1 (3-1; 129-27)

Yui looks quite strong, knowing off another contender. Don't worry Koromo, you'll get another chance next year!
Old 2009-10-12, 13:36   Link #3715
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Numbers are sort of balancing between Yui and Nodoka now. Nodoka had the higher start, but Yui's had the higher actual preformance...in terms of numbers. Both in terms of numbers of votes she has received and the number of voters in her matches. Yui, while not holding the highest vote total in this round, still holds the highest vote total this Saimoe at 953 votes in a single match, and thus still highest total overall, since she was around 300 votes overall ahead of Nodoka before this round.

Taiga's still got her shot at Nodoka, and she's got as much chance of taking on Nodoka as anyone now. Captain is the wild card now. We aren't sure what she can do exactly. By the numbers she should lose to Yui next time, but it is very hard to gauge her now, where as Yui has proven to be very powerful this year...probably taking the power that was expected for Mio along with her own natural power.

Nodoka has a chance to take them all, but it will be a real fight. It is unfortunate that the vote totals are so low compared to the last three years of Saimoe. This year probably has the most interesting potental ending fight since 2006.
Old 2009-10-12, 15:55   Link #3716
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
'Grats to the winner.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-10-12, 16:27   Link #3717
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
And just like that Tacos eliminated by Desu 2009. A Nodoka vs Mihoko finals will make Kyoutarou happy.

My pick for Lasy day of Quarterfinals

Q4 Amae Koromo [K-ON should be eliminated and she is the best weapon to eliminate Yui, Yui might take her home]
Yui is very dangerous for she have taken Koromo to her home but it's a very close fight. Quarterfinal ends.

My picks for Day 1 of SemiFinals

S1 Taiga Aisaka [Since Nodocchi is also in the Semi-finals in Manga Saimoe facing Hinagiku, Taiga should claim this match. Last remaining Rie Kugimiya character should get all the votes]

SSM1 (Manga saimoe Semifinals 1) Suigintou [Miss Trash will beat Miss Perfect]
Old 2009-10-12, 16:58   Link #3718
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Result
Predictions: 0-1 (116-34)
Picks: 0-1 (72-77)
Winner: Hirasawa Yui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Nodoka's chances of reaching the finals just improved considerably.

1. Yui's win neutralizes any "anti-Saki" movement that wasn't already there.
2. Nodoka already knocked off Louise and Nagi. Why should the results against Taiga be any different?

Prediction for final match: Nodoka v Yui.
Thanks Aya Reiko for voicing my thoughts.

Bolded is my pick, italics is my prediction.

SF1
<<逢坂大河@とらドラ!>> (Aisaka Taiga @ Toradora!)
<<原村和@咲 -Saki->> (Haramura Nodoka (Nodocchi) @ Saki)
Old 2009-10-12, 17:01   Link #3719
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And while I seriously doubt the Japanese care, Taiga won Korean Best Moe. There is a push in some areas for her to double (or even triple) crown in moe victory by taking Saimoe (and ISML).
I think it's more likely for voters to vote against Taiga than to push her to win thrice given that condition.
Old 2009-10-12, 17:22   Link #3720
imbehindyou
turn around...

Going Double-Saki.

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Closed Thread

Tags
anime, characters, competition, saimoe