AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-04-06, 08:37   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 534 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Short spoilers so far.

Quote:
-Choujifly powerfully hits Asuma.

-Still not down, Asuma commends Choujifly for his attack.

-Team 10 attacks en masse, eventually defeating Asuma. As Asuma praises them, he dies in peace (goes to nirvana).

-Cut to Naruto and Kirabi. It seems Naruto has finally realized something is happening. He tries to slip away from Kirabi by pretending to go to the bathroom, but he is stopped by Shino’s Dad and Iruka, who, presumably, begin to explain to Naruto what is going on.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 09:12   Link #2
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

FIRST POST!!!
Finally

As for Chouji, I really, REALLY, hope they don't power down his ability which it already seems like they are doing.

He KILLED a curse seal guy in like 1 hit last time. If some Jounin with regular physical ability just blocks it then that would suck. Specially when he can just make himself big and do more damage.
Old 2011-04-06, 13:38   Link #3
kakakka

Chapter out

Choji Moonlight Butterfly Mode!
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 13:44   Link #4
Kallen4life

well Chouji did better in butterfly mode then Aizen - good gor him
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 14:10   Link #5
Alchemist007
*Author

This was a really great chapter, great art, good story. Chouji's new serious face is quite something. And Naruto's brain: evolution stage 2 coming up?
Old 2011-04-06, 14:12   Link #6
tkdtiger

Well choji did have butterfly mode before aizen.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:32   Link #7
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-HOLY SHIT, Naruto has a working brain!? Colour me impressed. And I guess they're really amping up his sensory ability too considering they thought it impossible for him to sense any chakra outside the chamber. That said, not gonna lie Tsunade, that was a dick move on your part. Using Iruka of all people to subdue Naruto. Dick move indeed.

-Choji has at least regained some dignity but still, he really should have done this 2 chapters ago. He should thank whatever Heavens that be in the Narutoverse that his blunder didn't cause any death to characters that matter, otherwise he'd be burned at the stake.
Old 2011-04-06, 15:39   Link #8
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

What the hell is Choji's dad doing? He's stronger than him, and he's not even trying to use butterfly mode too.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 16:22   Link #9
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

I've always thought Kishimoto is good with battle choreography, definitely shows when team 10 fight. Really enjoyed chapters 533 and 534 because of that.
Seraphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 16:38   Link #10
Alchemist007
*Author

Chouji's gonna do a cannonball to subdue the rest of the zombies I suppose. Make room for a bigger fight?
Old 2011-04-06, 17:00   Link #11
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Still a bit boring with the good guys constantly winning but it was a better fight than the other shit we've been spoon fed

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 18:37   Link #12
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Chouji's gonna do a cannonball to subdue the rest of the zombies I suppose. Make room for a bigger fight?
It seems sort of obvious since he wants Ino and Shika to help him. He makes a humongous shadow over the battlefield with his wings and Shikamaru does some crazy shadow jutsu to bind them. Team 10 solos the war?

Think about it. Neji gets buttraped by one freaking Zetsu and Ino is using them as puppets. Team 10 seems so much better than the other Konoha kids. Shika I can see, but Ino and Choji? Am I taking crazy pills?

I guess Kishimoto couldn't keep Naruto out of the manga forever. Next week should be Iruka and Naruto battling with their Talk-no-Jutsus.

Doesn't Choji still look fat? And about 50 years old?

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2011-04-06 at 18:49.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 19:14   Link #13
NoLongerSane

A very interesting chapter. Chouji finally gains his confidence and helps to take his dead master out of the equation for the time being. Team 10's teamwork has been the spotlight for the past chatpers and I am hoping that is pans out for the rest of the war. If I recall, did not someone mention in a past chapter that names will rise during war, and Team 10 are pretty much going to be remembered when this battle finally passes. As for Naruto, it's interesting to see that his sensory ability has been amped to the max and it will be interesting on how that plays out in future chapters.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 19:18   Link #14
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
I guess Kishimoto couldn't keep Naruto out of the manga forever. Next week should be Iruka and Naruto battling with their Talk-no-Jutsus.
-Right, any chance that the Naruto that they encountered there is just a Kage Bunshin, if only to further prove that the adults in this world are about as intelligent as lint? Personally I wonder what exactly they expect Iruka to do? He's been Naruto's fanboy since Chapter 1. The chances of him saying anything that sounds remotely logical in order to keep the one person meant to defeat the End Boss Madara are about as likely as Superman surviving a direct dose of liquid Kryptonite inserted into his bloodstream.

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2011-04-06 at 20:06.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 19:44   Link #15
Cael
Lurker Mode

Gotta love Killer Bee and Hachibi's conversation.
Spoiler for Size - Ninja Tracker:
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 21:13   Link #16
Dalek Sec

Send a message via AIM to Dalek Sec Send a message via MSN to Dalek Sec Send a message via Yahoo to Dalek Sec
I dig the chapter. Chouji mans up and Naruto finally with a clue. I am not a major Chouji fan either but I thought they were doing well with him
Old 2011-04-06, 22:32   Link #17
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek Sec View Post
I dig the chapter. Chouji mans up and Naruto finally with a clue. I am not a major Chouji fan either but I thought they were doing well with him
Same here. I enjoyed that Chouji finally mans up and that his father praised him as now being able to lead the family clan. What I found really surprising was that Ino has been made very useful in these past chapters.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 22:43   Link #18
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I'm rather surprised no one seems to be talking about the fact that Ino can actually mind control two different bodies at a time. That seems to be the most surprising ability, far more so than Chouji or Shikamaru's moves.

I very much enjoyed the battle tactics of the chapter, hopefully we see more of that.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 23:25   Link #19
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Eh, I thought the convo between team 10 and zombie sensei was a lil' too mushy for me, but I have to admit a bad-ass chouji is bad ass!
Old 2011-04-07, 00:02   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Finally back to Naruto, I was wondering how long it'll take to get back to characters that actually matter.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion