011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: This makes me miss filler... 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-09, 04:27   Link #41
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Whatever happened to that patched old ruin? The story's kinda splitting up right now, there's Naruto&co, the alliance dudes, Hachibi&Kisame (and Enka mastah), Danzou running away, Sasuke in the interdimensional rift, team Taka...forgot about what happened to them too.
I get this feeling too, I don't know if I remember it that way in the manga...

They will show Danzou in the next episode, I think they need to get on with it before starting everything else.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 05:01   Link #42
neshru

They have rearranged some scenes, but they are basically following the manga order. It also works much better since they cover multiple manga chapters with each episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoKikyo View Post
This show has great characters and the potential for interesting romance plot development is there, but it ends up being weak in that department.
The show isn't really about romance. Either the author thinks there's no place for it, he is not interested in it or he is not good at writing that kind of stuff, so he leaves it out.
Sakura's confession wasn't about romance either.

Speaking of Sakura's confession, why was Yamato so shocked? That was the one thing I didn't get. He's kind of familiar with team 7 but not particularly, he still joined fairly recently. He also recognized that Sakura might be in love with Naruto back in the second arc. So what was all the fuss about?

Last edited by neshru; 2011-04-09 at 05:16.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 05:10   Link #43
JC...
I am a Pie

quicker main story arc = more filler series... I don't mind prolongued parts if they're good fights, I'd rather that than made up episodes like
Old 2011-04-09, 05:17   Link #44
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
quicker main story arc = more filler series... I don't mind prolongued parts if they're good fights, I'd rather that than made up episodes like
some people really have to find a way to bitch even when a series is doing things right, don't they?
Old 2011-04-09, 05:19   Link #45
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
some people really have to find a way to bitch even when a series is doing things right, don't they?
I'm not bitching... I'm not worked up over it... It's fine the way it is, I'm just suggesting a solution which would stop people getting worked up over filler arcs and one off episodes.
Old 2011-04-09, 05:31   Link #46
neshru

That is no solution to filler. They have good reasons why they rarely can afford to do something like that. I'm gonna recycle something I wrote before to prove my point:
Quote:
At the same time, you can't always extend battle scenes. First of all, you need good ideas to do that, something that adds to the original fight instead of ruining its tempo or creating inconsistencies within the same fight. Maybe you are thinking that they could just add random taijutsu scenes to every fight, but the truth is that they can't do that unless they have extremely talented animators at hand (which doesn't happen often). Adding taijutsu scenes without having animators that can handle them always results in disaster. Then, you have to consider that many manga fights are structured in a way that doesn't allow for additional scenes or stages of the fight to be written it.
So in the end, the only way to do a fight justice most of the time is just using a lot of manga chapters.
There is no good solution to filler, the studio right now is handling things in the best possible way.
Do the canon arc like it was meant to be done, then do a long filler arc so the next canon arc can be as good as the previous one. That's the way you do it.
Old 2011-04-09, 06:03   Link #47
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoKikyo View Post
How come in the fight with Pein, Hinata confessed to Naruto, then everyone forgot about it and it was like nothing ever happened. Now this. Wtf.
Naruto reacted with nothing of it with Hinata; Why should we?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 07:05   Link #48
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
That is no solution to filler. They have good reasons why they rarely can afford to do something like that. I'm gonna recycle something I wrote before to prove my point:

There is no good solution to filler, the studio right now is handling things in the best possible way.
Do the canon arc like it was meant to be done, then do a long filler arc so the next canon arc can be as good as the previous one. That's the way you do it.
Thankyou for a constructive reply.
Old 2011-04-09, 21:42   Link #49
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
Itachi was stronger than a lot of shinobi. We already saw Itachi could've killed Sasuke but chose to die instead. (He could've sliced him with Susan'oo when he was completely out of chakra) We also know Pain didn't attack Konoha until Itachi died because Itachi could've defeated him too. (Pain was vulnerable to genjutsu and Itachi's genjutsu's were unrivaled) It's easy to see even Tobi didn't want anything to do with Itachi.
I think you are seriously over rating Itachi here, Itachi is cool but not to such extend.
Pein was never said to be vulnerable to genjutsu, he has the most powerful eyes!
Madara didn't really need to deal with Itachi, he needed Sasuke so he used Itachi. And considering that they both are Uchiha, it is logical that Itachi would have have some things prepared for Madara.

But yes, Itachi could have killed Sasuke back then but now Sasuke is on different level to back then. The outcome could have been really different right now.
Old 2011-04-09, 22:37   Link #50
the-1

less sakura, moar killer bee!
the-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 03:26   Link #51
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

There is still too much not revealed about Itachi and Madara's relationship. We don't have any clue of what went down. Itachi was sick before the fight with Sasuke. Is it just because of overuse of his eyes, or did Madara have something to do with it?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 06:05   Link #52
sho87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The episode is pretty much telling the audience that Sakura has no romantic feelings for Naruto, and Naruto has grown from his childish crush on Sakura.
Yep, you gotta see it without thinking about what Naruto x Sakura pink/yellow tinted glasses and I like how people think Sakura is masking her emotions with Naruto based emotions like some cheesy romanctic heroine plot. Naruto is not that deep. Sakura loves Sasuke and thats that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Well then he better get back to working on reuniting Sakura with Sasuke. Cause I can't think of anything that would make her happier.

Actually the greatest point for Naruto x Sakura being canon is her still loving Sasuke. How cliche would it be for Sakura to finally get what she wants, Sasuke back, and then she decides that it was really Naruto she loved all the time?
Too bad Hinata is more relevant than Naruto in terms of wanting happiness for a person she loves and it would be a damn shame if Naruto gets what he wants but not Hinata who not only risked her life for him but also confessed her feelings for him.

Last edited by Hunter; 2011-04-10 at 10:54.
sho87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 15:38   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I guess all that's left is for the others to meet up and work on annihilating Sasuke themselves. Naruto's not going to stop until there is only a body left of Sasuke so they'll have to do this without him.

It was an interesting attempt by Sakura and can speculate about what parts were completely honest and where the lies were. Either way there's no point in telling him what everyone decided since he wouldn't hear it anyways. Didn't think she'd try that route to convince Naruto to give up on chasing Sasuke.
Old 2011-04-10, 19:00   Link #54
Essenar
Fallen Angel

Send a message via AIM to Essenar
I'm fairly certain Naruto is only still chasing after Sasuke because he wants to hear what Sasuke has to say from his own mouth.

The last time they talked, Sasuke was blindly chasing vengeance from Itachi. Now his reasons, motivation and goals have changed completely. Naruto hasn't seen that yet and we all know not even Sasuke's friendship will stand between Naruto protecting his village.
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 20:53   Link #55
Dextro
He Without a Title

Was I the only one thinking Sakura was channelling Tsunade after the confession? I fell like it would be appropriate seeing as how the 3 Sannin are supposed to be the counterpart to Team 7 and I personally feel like the Naruto/Sakura relationship is going to end in a similar fashion to the Jiraia/Tsunade one.
Old 2011-04-10, 21:14   Link #56
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
There wasn't much about it (well something like eight hundreds posts but I try to forget about it!), the thread you are reffering to, I think, was about Hinata's confession and her subsequent "death" with Konoha's destruction on the background, not this so obviously fake confession that even someone as dumb as Naruto can see through it.
Yeah, I read the 437 chapter thread too. I'm kind of proud of the responses we've seen in the corresponding anime thread. Hinata's confession wasn't really that big of a deal for me just because I remember seeing something similar in her fight against Neji where Naruto was the inspirational figure who helped her find the confidence she always lacked. We already knew about where she stood in regards to Naruto, so it was only matter of time when she would gather the courage to voice it.

Quote:
It's not really the problem, they don't want Naruto to share the burden, they want him out of the way.
Naruto will never give up on Sasuke whereas Konoha -and the rookies along with it- is moving on and have to deal with Sasuke with extreme prejudice.
Here I disagree slightly. Yeah, I agree that they want Naruto out of the way just because they don't have the whole picture as to why Naruto is so adamant about saving Sasuke. That said, I don't think prejudice is at work here when Shika and co. came up with the decision to go after Sasuke and eliminate him. Easy geezer, don't take out your spoon yet. I'll elaborate it on my response to Fran which requires a bit of criticism toward Shikamaru. Sai, on the other hand, is socially inept. Sakura should be well aware of that. I think the reason she still went through with this pseudo confession just to relay the overall line of thinking on how and why the others are making the decision to go after Sasuke.

Quote:
I mean, the guy put his arm through Naruto's body 3 years ago and that only convinced Naruto he needed more of him. Some time ago I said Sasuke could skin Sakura alive to make himself a leather jacket he could cheerfully streap off as he fight and Naruto would still try to get him back and truthfully I was only half joking. Seriously, does Sasuke really need to wear Kakashi's scalp as a new hat for Naruto to rethink his comitment? Because I'm not sure that would be enough.
Hahahaha.. This particular theme about this show has indeed been pretty long winded. It is still not as bad as Bleach just because Naruto series doesn't have a singular approach to work out the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran
Remember Shikamaru's words after Jiraiya's death, they aren't kids anymore, now is their turn to do the things and protect the kids from Konoha, same way Asuma and Jiraiya did with them.
Shikamaru's intelligence is above par. He is the type of person who can reach a decision by weighing on all angles and points. He is very rationale. He reached to the conclusion that in the present state of Konoha, it can't afford to provoke any nation. And the simplest way of avoiding it was to eliminate the problem which is Sasuke. And this is why I think he won't make a very good leader and would be ill suited to ever consider him as a Hokage. I'm sure someone similar to him decided in the past it was okay to kill off the Uchiha to prevent an uprising. Someone rationale like him decided it was either the Uchihas or the entire well being of Konoha. Here is the thing... the Uchihas were part of Konoha. Every calamity that has fallen on Konoha appears to have been the work of the past. Konoha committed some mind boggling atrocity. I was one of the fans who thought Konoha deserved what it got in the hands of Pain. Your past always reflect your present. It will either come to haunt you, or will reward you. In many cases this series has illustrated that Konoha was the leading force to trigger and engulf into the cycle of violence and hatred. This is how Konoha knows to ensure its own survival. Shikamaru's decision to kill Sasuke is to ensure Konoha's survival once again. The cycle of violence and hatred continues. Shika and co are adult per se, but the decision making and the rationale used to justify those decisions remain the same just like their forefathers. The kind of "peace" Shika and co are striving to achieve is a short lived one.

Quote:
The old Naruto would be jumping and doing faces because of that "confession", but the new Naruto can read between lines, he knew that Sakura wanted to protect him from "something" that he doesn't, but he did know that it wasn't nothing good (Basically, they will go and kill Sasuke... )
I didn't get the same impression from this episode but I really hope Naruto got that message because then Sakura's self humiliation won't be in vein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight
Speaking from personal experience, you don't want to say that, specifically with the specific wording of "single-handedly" referring to a specific incident between a specific Naruto specifically battling against 6 specific Paths of...some sort of ambiguous form of Pain...It just raises a crapstorm for some reason; People go on nerd rages, and they start screaming like chimps, except for the fact that they don't look cute doing it and they won't do a monkey dance for you...

So yeah, just a warning incase you get unnecessary backlash...
Speaking from experience, huh? We can't please everyone Midnight, now can we? It's true that couple of Pains' were dead in the hands of others, and then Pain resurrected all of them. Naruto had to fight every one of them one more time. So yeah, Naruto indeed saved Konoha from its extermination single handedly.

Don't hurt me people.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 02:22   Link #57
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Speaking from experience, huh? We can't please everyone Midnight, now can we? It's true that couple of Pains' were dead in the hands of others, and then Pain resurrected all of them. Naruto had to fight every one of them one more time. So yeah, Naruto indeed saved Konoha from its extermination single handedly.

Don't hurt me people.
*Puts on chimp hat*

Naruto got the info to defeat Pain from Jiraiya's sacrifice and Tsunade's summon relaying to him all the info gathered by the entire village during the fight against Pain.

Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 03:40   Link #58
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Was I the only one thinking Sakura was channelling Tsunade after the confession? I fell like it would be appropriate seeing as how the 3 Sannin are supposed to be the counterpart to Team 7
That's exactly how I felt. They are so similar in personality.

Great episode. It's a shame Naruto is so stubborn. Here Sakura and the rest of his friends want to do what's best for him and the ninja world at the same time, and he rejects it. Killer Bee was hilarious and awesome as usual. Nice OP and ending too. I like how they included everyone in the story now instead of just the same characters.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 04:46   Link #59
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Was I the only one thinking Sakura was channelling Tsunade after the confession? I fell like it would be appropriate seeing as how the 3 Sannin are supposed to be the counterpart to Team 7 and I personally feel like the Naruto/Sakura relationship is going to end in a similar fashion to the Jiraia/Tsunade one.
It's the old generation vs the new one, the new generation never lost hope unlike the previous one, this's what Kishimoto is trying to say, IMO.

Sasuke = Orochimaru
Nauro = Jiraiya
Sakura= Tsunade
Old 2011-04-11, 20:14   Link #60
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
*Puts on chimp hat*
I'll take the bait...

Quote:
Naruto got the info to defeat Pain from Jiraiya's sacrifice and Tsunade's summon relaying to him all the info gathered by the entire village during the fight against Pain.

Yes...........

…..now let's put up a list of information that was already known to Naruto and what were relayed to him later on. This way we can analyze the effectiveness of those information in the hands of anyone else other than Naruto:

Jiraiya: He learned Pain displayed the chakra that is similar to one of his disciple from the past. But the real Pain aka Nagato wasn't in that group of Pain. Jiraiya died.

Kakashi: He learned about the eternal pull first hand and came to know about the time interval Pain required to redo that particular jutsu. Kakashi died.

Other grunts: Learned prior to Kakashi about that whatever information is known to one pain will be known to all others. Kakashi would verify that with his fight against the strongest Pain. All grunts died without able to relay that information.

Information bureau: Learned that the rods in Pains worked as radio antennas that are used to receive chakra. Meaning someone else is controlling them from somewhere else. Jiraiya's cryptic message is finally cracked. Everyone in information bureau died except Shika and the blonds I think.

What were unknown:

- One pain is capable of resurrecting all of them.
- The strongest Pain was incapacitated all that time after the massive jutsu that destroyed Konoha
- The actual location of Nagato from where he was controlling them.

So knowing all of those information still didn't do anyone any good just because no one other than Naruto was capable of utilizing those information. The situation was even more hopeless once the strongest Pain regained his ability once again. Let's not forget that Naruto still had to fight all of the Pain twice until he managed to take out the Pain with resurrection ability. Once he defeated all of the Pain, he still had to figure out a way to reach to the chakra source, the one who was controlling the Pain. The danger wasn't over yet because Nagato could still produce more Pain. Naruto went ahead to talk to Nagato. He could have killed Nagato, instead he talked. The end result was the resurrection jutsu which revived everyone that perished in the ground zero of Konoha.

Conclusion: Naruto was the stud in that instance who single handedly saved people of Konoha from extermination.

The end.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion