Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-03-08, 18:36   Link #2681
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
KiNA! ~ version 2 i see? i think i liked your other one better tbh...the animated words really did make it look stunning ~ i like it now but the problem is that the "fire" section doesnt seem to fit with the overall sig >.< maybe its cause both of the stocks are to close to each other ~ 8/10

Aoie Emesai ~ cute ^__^ it needs a boarder tho ~ also the girl on the right doesnt seem to be part of the pic :/ 8/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 21:07   Link #2682
Cyz
"Show it to me"

KiNa: I like the fiery BG. Somehow it matches her. 8/10

Aoi_Emesai: Quite adorable. 8/10

Deathkillz: Another Ikkitousen sig? Well, I see that you didn't use your trademark font style hm? BG is okay. Pic is rather bad on the quality side. Your current font style doesn't seem to match it IMO. 7/10
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 00:41   Link #2683
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Everybody's got new sigs. :P

Cyz 8.8
Your sig reminds me of tetris lol. But jokes aside, it's a fine piece of work. Layout is good, placement is good, and I won't comment on what the girls are doing there. = P I think the choice of text is appropriate: not really sticking out but that's the general atmosphere you wanted to convey, eh? Perhaps that's the thing with it; it's all white and orange. It's visually pleasing to look at, but it's not really striking me with shock and awe or something (short of the yuri lol). To be honest, this signature has no flaws. My personal tastes just ask for more contrasting colors like blue or green to go against the peach-white layout of this forum.

Deathkillz: 8.2
I've no idea what Ikkitousen is but it must be full of girls who go to the gym a lot. O_o Well you've got the abstract background going on again. I particularly like how you got the star place on the woman's forehead on the left. But the bloated image is of lower quality and a little distracting (those lines around her neck and chin just aren't smooth). I think it might be better to mask all those abstract lines going in front of the girl on the right since parts of her face and body have streaks of white that don't work well imo. Nice to see you change your trademark font but upon closer inspection, you should stick to it now. lol Kinda like me. = P

Klashikari: 9.1
Hmmm I'm pretty sure I rated yours a long time ago since it hasn't changed. I like how incorperated so much Japanese in there and the mix of color is a nice touch. If you still have your .psd file, you should try some other JP fonts that are a bit more artsy, kind of like cursive for English. There are other background effects that you have that go well because it doesn't really stand out that much. As a whole, the image is kind of dull, but appropriately so.

Aoie_Emesai: 7.6
It lacks a lot of color. >_> Framing is okay, but was that chibi-witch on the right added in? It doesn't seem to fit with the lady in the red hat. :x It might work with darker lines or something. A full border isn't really necessary per sae, but at least some line going through the top and bottom (like mine) would help imo. Seems like the left side would blend into the forum white easily.

ChibiDusk: 7.0
The white sillouette is something I haven't seen in a while on a signature. But I think it doesn't help to have the left side have so much white too. Not enough contrast. Well, actually no that's not the problem. I think it's the fact that the background looks like cloud covers with the colors inverted of sorts. It's a particular filter that takes like 5 seconds to do. I dunno. I'm sure you put a lot more effort into the signature than I think you did. But I think it just needs more contrast, less white and grey. You already have a pure-white sillouette dominating a portion of the canvas, y'know?

----------------------------------------------------

Well this is a much better do of pairing my favorite Kanon characters compared to my previous one. And I think I know why. Recall my previous signature:

See the problem? Too much content, too many effects, and my name placed in the center certainly didn't help establish a proper balance (the katakana leaning to the right brings the viewers' eyes to the right...rightfully so since she's the brighter object). Furthermore, there's too much spacing between the two. Doesn't really hint the kind of affection I was going for.

Below, the two are put much closer and it blends well since the two arethat close together in the real scene. No need to photoshop their placements together. I went for the minimalistic approach and worked more on creating mystisism through filters rather than effects. Instead of orange blending to blue, it's blue blending to green. I'm deeply satisfied with this one and I think I'll keep this for a while. I can happily call this 10/10 work. I hope the masses will too. =]

EDIT: Try and find the major edit here! (Hint: go frame by frame of this episode and pay attention to the eyes)

Last edited by Zaris; 2007-03-09 at 00:45. Reason: Extra Game lol
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 01:22   Link #2684
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Aoie Emesai ~ cute ^__^ it needs a boarder tho ~ also the girl on the right doesnt seem to be part of the pic :/
I see the blues ^_^. 8/10

Zaris - oh, very nice. Quite touching too. 9/10

I left the chibi girl on the bottom right there cause without her, no one would even recognize that the girl in the middle is Marisa in a slightly smaller miko outfit. (which we can't see)

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-03-09 at 01:45.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 09:57   Link #2685
Cyz
"Show it to me"

KiNa: Change of sig again? And I see it's another Ikkitousen sig with a different girl. I like the BG designs and the pic is nice too. Is it me or does it look blurry? 8/10
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2007-03-09, 16:22   Link #2686
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
cyz ~ otoboku! is that the scene that was never shown cute and the BG looks great ~ 9/10

zaris ~ lol it looks kinda big O.o that aside i really like that scene ^__^ but tbh i thought that your previous one had more "skill" put into it 8/10

~ seen as my stock failed last time...lets try again ^__^
edit: and i think i will stick to my signature font...it feels empty without something i can recognize

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-03-09 at 16:32.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 16:38   Link #2687
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Deathkillz: I like that one. Has a good lighting and I like the background (let alone the subject ^^) . 8,5/10

Cyz: The bg is a bit plain but on the whole the sign is rather impactful. 8/10

Aoie_Emesai: Cute. A soft border (soft like the hair color of the main character) would have been a good plus. I'd set a bit of opacity on the chibi on the right, because as it is now, it's sharper than the main subject, hence a bit distracting. 7,5/10

Zaris: I basically like your signs, but I really am not keen of those two black lines you put on the top and on the bottom. Probably they're meant to give a widescreen feeling, but they just don't suit.
Ah, little tip: next time, please don't put the signature up straight after you've seen the raw. Let a day pass so that the subs are out. This way, it's kinda (too much) spoilerish ^^ 7/10
Old 2007-03-10, 14:03   Link #2688
Cyz
"Show it to me"

@ Deathkillz: I don't know. I just found this pic of Mizuho and Takako kissing and it was nice. I think it was a CG pic.

Deathkillz: I think this was much better than your last one. Now, the BG matches to the mood IMO. 8/10
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2007-03-10, 18:31   Link #2689
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

kaito-kid - Nice work, though the subject isn't particularly to my liking 8.5/10

Cyz - Takako <3 Mizuho is awesome too of course 8.5/10

Not sure about my new one. It took a while to get it looking good, but I'm still unsure whether I like it as it is or whether I should try something different with it. The character is Presea from Tales of Symphonia. She's been my favourite for a long while so I thought it was about time I gave her some sig love.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 03:13   Link #2690
Suhaki

Radiosity> It's kinda intresting 7/10
Cyz> I love that signature of yours 10/10
kaito-kid> Just like an avatar almost but not quite 7/10
Suhaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 08:46   Link #2691
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@Tabris: Nice! 7/10
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 10:18   Link #2692
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

@ Klash .. Messy sig again.. but that just you ..Somehow the mid edit:Mai feels a bit alienated O_o

@ DK .. white lines are messy =/

@ Zaris .. hmm.. you seems to like calm simple style .. Altho, I dont really feel the sig aura .. erm .. whatever >.<

@ KK .. hmm.. cant really say I like them tho ...

@ Rad .. too simple for your level .. the emptyness is too noticeable

@ Suhaki .. A crop job =/

@ KiNA .. hmmm, its kinda overbaked >.<

Dont bother if I'm not rating requested sig >.>

V @ Klash .. well.. I dont watch Kanon.. so meh, shits happens .. And you are dont watch BL like I dont watch Kanon.. so yeah

Last edited by KiNA; 2007-03-11 at 11:29.
KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 10:47   Link #2693
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

• Deathy : the lines are kinda appropriate, but they are really too thick, giving some "strong wind" feelings, thus, movement (while the position is completely passive). i'm not really too fond with the BG colour and font :s (i think the previous Ikkitousen sig was much more effective) : 7.5/10
  • Zaris : the main problem is the quality of the picture. while the overal mood is quite good with this blue, the "flesh" colours are kinda screwed, especially around nayuki's nose. also, like KiNa said, i dunno why, but i don't feel really like a sig, but much more like a trailer/movie poster or something ^^" : 8.5/10
  • Aoie_Emesai : the right edge has some "straigh" little flaws. also, your sig won't really work on dark background forum, but that isn't really a problem i guess. 8/10
  • kaito-kid : the black and white squares are ruining the sig style to me (and also, it looks like some photoshop transparent layer background). the ocean ripple effect doesn't really match with the bias ray lines to me. and i think the signature could be slightly shortened with its height. 7.5/10
  • Radiosity : kinda simple, the background is really empty, despite some presea pic on it (it is probably me, but i feel them as placeholders x_X). i think the opac picture should be larger, and something can fill the dull pink BG. 7/10
  • Suhaki : err... it is squished? i won't rate, doesn't really sounds like a sig, but most likely a crop job, just like kina said ^^'
  • KiNa : this is probably because i don't know the anime at all, but the BG doesn't "seem" to match with the pics, but meh. i think you could suppress the lightened hair at the top left. The colors of the left pic doesn't really go well with the golden/rash yellow scheme, but i really loved the plain lack of text, suiting well the mood. 8.5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
@ Klash .. Messy sig again.. but that just you ..Somehow the mid Nayuki feels a bit alienated O_o
na...na...nayuki?! how could you confuse Mai with her? O_O (hopefully, a typo? )

messy? quite probably some "new things" i tried to do on the center, but meh...
4 months and half of loyal service, it was the time to change the rena sig for something "fresh", heh ~~
Old 2007-03-11, 16:25   Link #2694
LunarCat

Klashikari - Very nice! 9/10

Deathkillz - Not too bad. It seems a little too "lit" up to me tho hehe . 8/10

Cyz - A little on the plain side but its colors are easy on the eyes. 8/10
LunarCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 18:51   Link #2695
Lavabyle
A Ninny Moose

@ Ascaloth: LOL! perfect wording

@Kira : That sig is teh ownage man, nicely done grunge feeling

@Klashikari : Calming colors, smooth, nice ^.^

@LunarCat : Who doesn't love the simple style of going no-sig
Lavabyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 07:06   Link #2696
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Hello, guys! Here's a new one, courtesy of Riker. Comment, please.

@Klash: A little messy. I much prefer clean and simple. 7/10.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 18:50   Link #2697
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

yeah where did your go?
Old 2007-03-12, 19:08   Link #2698
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Klashikari: Pretty busy siggy you got their. Blends nicely though.
Zaris: Like both of those up there nice quality, but I cant escape the fact that I feel like I'm looking at a normal tv that's playing something in widescreen format.

btw... my sig is like... 2 years old.... probably should make a new one... and an avatar.... whered it go!!
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 20:45   Link #2699
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
I always loved Riker's work 15/10 for ascaloth

here's mine (don't bash it too much since it's kinda messy.... )

the whole part is on my sig and I think can be divided into 2

1st

2nd
Old 2007-03-13, 05:51   Link #2700
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
capture: wow that signature looks quite nice! 8/10

as for me i think i used too much brushes...=/
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags