AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 20:01   Link #1421
netand23

is this gonna be a massive screw, or is this gonna be better than sc1, well, the answer lays on how they set their biz model, if stuff goes right and they get the 15M dollar objective expansions and everyting else will make this the best game of history, but if they dont, then we can just go and play our freakin xbox again
netand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 21:30   Link #1422
YUNERO

Well I think basically now Zerg desperately need a good AOE spells that can rivaled the iconic Dark Swarms. I mean look at Terran and Protoss. Both got pretty decent AOE spells that can changed the tide of the battles or harrassing. What are Zerg got now? *Sigh*.
YUNERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 01:23   Link #1423
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by netand23 View Post
is this gonna be a massive screw, or is this gonna be better than sc1, well, the answer lays on how they set their biz model, if stuff goes right and they get the 15M dollar objective expansions and everyting else will make this the best game of history, but if they dont, then we can just go and play our freakin xbox again
It seems you complete forgot how imbalanced the original Starcraft was when it was released. SC1 didn't become what people play today until years afterwards, and especially when Broodwar came out.

Seriously, try playing unpatched version 1 of vanilla Starcraft. It's not as good as you remember it was. It would take time for SC2 to mature as a game.
Old 2010-01-14, 01:47   Link #1424
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It seems you complete forgot how imbalanced the original Starcraft was when it was released. SC1 didn't become what people play today until years afterwards, and especially when Broodwar came out.

Seriously, try playing unpatched version 1 of vanilla Starcraft. It's not as good as you remember it was. It would take time for SC2 to mature as a game.
Heh, it never fails.

As years pass people will always talk about how great the first game was and such and completely forgot all of the major flaws that were inherent in its first round while critizing the sequel about how it's all crap and such.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 19:33   Link #1425
YUNERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Yeah. Especially the version before 1.08. And the strats and technicques also developed along with times. In the past, who would know about the stack mutas and muta micros? Who would use first forge fast expand and Corsair/Reaver in PvZ? It take time for SC to developed until what it is today. So don't expect SC2 will be perfect in balance in its first release.
Old 2010-01-14, 20:03   Link #1426
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I guess the difference is the time they spent for balancing before the game rolls out.
Old 2010-01-14, 20:18   Link #1427
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

On the battlenet forums someone quoted from the archives of the old discussion back in '97 for SC1 how the phylosophy was to roll it out soon (or at least with the set schedule) and fix it later. Which has obviously not been the case for SC2 as it seems.
Old 2010-01-15, 01:53   Link #1428
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I guess the difference is the time they spent for balancing before the game rolls out.
The balancing really couldn't be considered finished until 3-4 updates later, after the customers have had a shot at trying to break the game, and pro Koreans attempt to twist SC2 Game mechanics like a pretzel. In this day and age, when every can get their game updated online, dragging out the beta test too long wouldn't be that much of an advantage. One year in Korea's pro-circuit would dig up more bugs and exploits than 5 years of internal Beta testing.
Old 2010-01-17, 20:15   Link #1429
YUNERO

Mothership new attack animation is quite lame. Come on Purifier Beam? Should be like one massive beam blast that have AOE attack..
Old 2010-01-19, 05:32   Link #1430
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
On the battlenet forums someone quoted from the archives of the old discussion back in '97 for SC1 how the phylosophy was to roll it out soon (or at least with the set schedule) and fix it later. Which has obviously not been the case for SC2 as it seems.
Didn't they announce that SC2 will come as 3 parts...
Well if it goes like this, then it mean that they will always try balancing through the series...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 05:41   Link #1431
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Didn't they announce that SC2 will come as 3 parts...
Well if it goes like this, then it mean that they will always try balancing through the series...
The "coming in 3 parts" is misleading. All it means is that SC2 will receive two expansion packs instead of just one for SC1. Fundamentally, expansion packs are good for balancing problems you can't fix by just tweaking. Broodwar, for example, single-handily made marines viable in Zerg endgame by introducing the medic.
Having two expansion packs means they can have twice the chance to update the unit lineup to reflex the latest military strategies available and/or lacking to the players.
Old 2010-02-11, 04:32   Link #1432
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Starcraft 2 Closed Beta Launching This Month

The wait is almost over folks!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 04:34   Link #1433
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Ooooh, I've been opted in for months. I hope they pick me.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 05:11   Link #1434
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

If you do get in the Closed Beta, we'd love to hear how the game turns out to be

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-02-11, 05:24   Link #1435
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Are Closed Beta apps still ongoing?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 05:25   Link #1436
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Starcraft 2 Closed Beta Launching This Month

The wait is almost over folks!!!!
About time...I was in 10th grade when Starcraft 1 came out....
Old 2010-02-11, 05:26   Link #1437
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If you do get in the Closed Beta, we'd love to hear how the game turns out to be
I forgot to do that when I was in the C&C4 Closed Beta. Though it was probably for the best, I had to agree to an NDA to get into that one. And now they've got the Open Beta so it's pointless.

Maybe I'll give some basic impressions if I do get into the Beta.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 05:53   Link #1438
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Damn, do I ever miss Artanis and Jim Raynor...

Goliath is gonna be anti-air still? Not if it flies, Valkyries were.. uhh... annoying to say the least, especially when topped with Goli grounders.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 05:58   Link #1439
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The news was also posted twitter. And Battle.net Preview is up.

@ Solstice Cross: Goliaths are the new Thor more or less.
Old 2010-02-11, 06:03   Link #1440
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You do get the consolation prize of being able to use the old units in Singleplayer and the Campaign Editor

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows