AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 113 Rating
Perfect 10 50 45.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-07, 02:38   Link #501
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Could someone tell me how was this wound not lethal? Either someone really wanted to kill her or Miria has done it to herself or as someone mentioned - Yagi thought it would look cool. Try to shave your face with a 80 pound sword and not cut your head off in the process (with a razor it's already difficult). Sure they're Claymores so they should have much control over their swords and have enough skill to only scratch her but there were easier and more safe ways to bloody her face, for example by smearing her face with blood coming from some other wound, although with all the blood gushing out it shouldn't be necessary so why would anyone aim for her head?
Someone probably just gashed her across the face to make her "Death" more convincing. Controlling the Claymore to that degree probably isn't too difficult for a fully mature warrior, considering Clare could Wind Cutter around Galatea and only cut a small piece of her hair and own Agatha.
Old 2011-03-07, 02:47   Link #502
Vinak
Procrastinator

started rereading claymore from the beginning....came across this...thought it might be interesting/relevant.

Spoiler for claymore chapter 50:
Old 2011-03-07, 02:55   Link #503
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
started rereading claymore from the beginning....came across this...thought it might be interesting/relevant.

he was technically right though boys don't go to the north they go to...north east? (whatever the location of the AB lab is)
Old 2011-03-07, 05:11   Link #504
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:

Bingo - and the facility deneve's group is attacking is at the north!
Good observation.
Old 2011-03-07, 07:28   Link #505
Butagami

Quote:

Nice find! I read through the whole series a few weeks ago, but completely missed that part , I feel dumb now -.-.

But the scale of the operation implied here is way bigger than I thought it was. Does this mean that only a certain percentage of those turned into hybrids survie the process? If they all survive, shouldn't the continent be crowded with warriors and ABs? There should be lot's of orphans in the claymore universe, since yoma are so common...
Old 2011-03-07, 08:50   Link #506
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
You know everyone has this idea that the revived warriors will be like zombies in that their intelligence is below human, but these are Claymores not humans. Claymores have natural regenerative abilities and even though they are being revived with Priscilla's arm what if they're able to regenerate themselves and generate new yoki once revived?

For example I doubt Cassandra will have a damaged body once she revived (or at least be forced to have it) because she can regenerate her cut wounds. As for brain damage we don't know if a Claymore can recover from head injures that affect the brain because we've only seen mental trauma. Can Claymores regenerate if part of their brain is destroyed as long as they can still think about regeneration? Could they heal their brain at all?

Anyways would be really interesting if the three revived warriors could heal their brain damage and become sentient. Of course the Organization will attempt to control them somehow so even if them coming back to life allows them to regain their mental processes they would still need to deal with whatever control Dae has placed within them.
Considering how much the brain is left alone; I doubt it. It's not like warriors receive increased intelligence or anything. I suppose anything is possible, but I seriously doubt it; could warriors regenerate their brains? I don't know though I think it depends on the amount of damage to the first place, which must be absolutely minimal or they're toast. The fact that regenerate is a conscious process means that if their brains can't send the signals to their bodies to regenerate, they're dead (unless somebody heals them, like Cynthia), which is why the brain is even more valuable then the heart, which is all the more apparent with Awakened Beings, especially since they can move around their innards.

(Haven't we just had this conversation not that long ago? ).

Like I said though, anything is possible and I doubt the MiB's have thought it completely through: they never do.

That said, with Gooral's concern over Miria's slashes, all I can say, is that she was very very lucky, and they are probably superficial slashes she just barely dodged; if they are too deep, they would definitely penetrate into her brain, and that's where she would have been in deep trouble: I doubt anybody healed her considering they were supposed to fake her death convincingly, and the MiB was present until he left at the very end; she was just plain lucky they didn't go too far with their acting
Old 2011-03-07, 09:49   Link #507
BlackMagister

Well the Warriors should be revived with enough intelligence to fight so unless that doesn't include regeneration then them not receiving increased intelligence or even below human intelligence at first should not be a problem. That is if the brain can be regenerated. So yes if the brain can be regenerated it doesn't matter if they start out dumb they should be able to regain their old thinking power.

Also yes we had a similar conversation, but that was on the whether or not Teresa could be revived because her brain had been too damaged from exposure I think not on the ability of a Claymore dead or living to recover from brain damage leading to the revived warriors becoming "human" again. Although on that subject Teresa's brain wasn't directly exposed to air because her neck was still there, but I suppose some parts of the neck would lead to the brain however Dae could preserve the head shortly after Clare brought it to the Organization.
Old 2011-03-07, 11:27   Link #508
claremore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
That said, with Gooral's concern over Miria's slashes, all I can say, is that she was very very lucky, and they are probably superficial slashes she just barely dodged; if they are too deep, they would definitely penetrate into her brain, and that's where she would have been in deep trouble: I doubt anybody healed her considering they were supposed to fake her death convincingly, and the MiB was present until he left at the very end; she was just plain lucky they didn't go too far with their acting
luck is the only answer bc it still doesnt make sense to me that she survived. they even explained miria is extremely skilled that she was able to cut down the warriors without killing them. so how did they all know how
Old 2011-03-07, 13:18   Link #509
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I suppose anything is possible, but I seriously doubt it; could warriors regenerate their brains? I don't know though I think it depends on the amount of damage to the first place, which must be absolutely minimal or they're toast.
Spoiler for poke:

Judging by what happened to Noel, I would say if brains could be regenerated, then a top 5 like her would have been able to survive that clean pierce. Now, in the manga it looks like Priscilla kills them by piercing the heart.

But, who knows what type of abilities the Left Arm of the Awakened One will give.
Old 2011-03-07, 13:18   Link #510
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Those new numbers 1 can’t be smart as before or they will be converted by miria, the queen of the claymores

I would not call smart to these mibs if they don’t even try to bring Teresa back
Old 2011-03-07, 13:45   Link #511
Gooral
Banned

I'm guessing that these three will be mindless warriors either completely obedient or with only one intent - killing Claymores and ABs. That's why it would be more interesting and less corny if it wasn't Teresa IMO. I would like to see Roxanne of love-and-hate who was so difficult to handle (since she would be mindless now it shouldn't be a problem but clearly she was a feisty one and very powerful) and The three-armed Rihite (since she might be someone with ability similar to QS, which would make her a good match for Clare. We could also see how long Miria would last before she would be cut to pieces).

Anyway, seeing who the other 2 are will be one of the first things I'll do after getting 114th chapter (assuming we'll get the answer in the next chapter). Before that I'm sure we will have tons of fake spoilers (1st of April).
Old 2011-03-07, 13:58   Link #512
rafael1932
claymores pimp

in 1 vs 1, the number 1 will kick the ass of miria, however we can’t forget the yoki boost of not using yoki for years as we have seen with deneve and helen versus isley. So miria is not so weak against a number 1 – if she can beat it is a different question
Old 2011-03-07, 14:23   Link #513
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I agree with Gooral; beyond all the other reasons, I find it just plain boring for Teresa to be one of the ones who come back; I'm more interested in seeing three number No.1 characters who have had a rough history and that seems to be what we're getting.
Old 2011-03-07, 14:35   Link #514
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
in 1 vs 1, the number 1 will kick the ass of miria, however we can’t forget the yoki boost of not using yoki for years as we have seen with deneve and helen versus isley. So miria is not so weak against a number 1 – if she can beat it is a different question
Deneve & Helen vs Isley would of resulted in Isley's victory had the AE's not interfered we could see this with helens thought bubbles and her finding Miria's idea that they could beat him or those like him a joke. There was no yoki boost due to that; it was only natural they were stronger from the 7 years training.

Last edited by evil_kenshin; 2011-03-07 at 14:49.
Old 2011-03-07, 14:48   Link #515
Vinak
Procrastinator

well....back in the day....getting stabbed was sufficient to kill a Claymore.

Spoiler for claymore chapter 24:

Then Clare came around and said enough of that BS... I can lose half my torso and get eaten by a giant amoeba and just shrug it off. (like a boss)

Last edited by Vinak; 2011-03-07 at 15:47.
Old 2011-03-07, 15:16   Link #516
BlackMagister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I'm guessing that these three will be mindless warriors either completely obedient or with only one intent - killing Claymores and ABs. That's why it would be more interesting and less corny if it wasn't Teresa IMO. I would like to see Roxanne of love-and-hate who was so difficult to handle (since she would be mindless now it shouldn't be a problem but clearly she was a feisty one and very powerful) and The three-armed Rihite (since she might be someone with ability similar to QS, which would make her a good match for Clare. We could also see how long Miria would last before she would be cut to pieces).
It might be corny but I don't see how you can say it would be less interesting. If we get a random number one instead of Teresa it will be interesting to see what kind of abilities or possibly even personality they have, but not more so than seeing the effects of revival on a character we do know and the possible effects this will have on Clare and Priscilla. As I'm guessing those two will reappear if they sense Teresa and it will be a crazy series of events because mindless or not Teresa simply being "alive" will have a huge impact on these characters.

So yes I understand the objections to Teresa coming back, but only so far as it would be corny similar to objections for Miria surviving her "death" because Teresa being revived won't be boring.

On the subject of Miria's death according to the other Claymores the twin stabbed Miria in a way to avoid hitting vital organs while I guess Priscilla may have been aiming for them. Although that explanation doesn't make sense with how carelessly she attacked Irene so I guess she just got lucky or it's hard not to hit a vital organ with several finger piercings.
Old 2011-03-07, 15:36   Link #517
rafael1932
claymores pimp

If Teresa head has been used would be totally awesome to see her trying to kill clare( new head, new personality- she would not have any ties to clare lol). She could be a awesome bitch or more Ophelia like
Old 2011-03-07, 16:15   Link #518
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
If Teresa head has been used would be totally awesome to see her trying to kill clare( new head, new personality- she would not have any ties to clare lol). She could be a awesome bitch or more Ophelia like
Then would it still be Teresa? Would Clare even recognize her? Prissy probably would by smell, but to Clare, she's simply not Teresa. At most, Clare'd get really pissed off at the org for desecrating Teresa's corpse.
Old 2011-03-07, 19:54   Link #519
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Then would it still be Teresa? Would Clare even recognize her? Prissy probably would by smell, but to Clare, she's simply not Teresa. At most, Clare'd get really pissed off at the org for desecrating Teresa's corpse.
Everyone would know who is she because claymores don’t age, but teresa would not recognize anyone. Also she would have different personality, feelings etc because she would have different life experiences. Even if clare wanted to buy Teresa trust she would have to do differently. She could be a totally different person from was she was and I think clare would be very happy even if she doesn’t recognize her.
I agree that clare would be pissed off but only if she was bring as a zombie.
Old 2011-03-08, 01:04   Link #520
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
well....back in the day....getting stabbed was sufficient to kill a Claymore. (...)
Can we be sure they're really dead? Even assuming they are, it's awakened Priscilla we're talking about. She most probably hit the vital spots that offensive warriors can't regenerate from or maybe left a little something and they were being eaten alive from inside . If Priscilla's arm could prevent rods from taking over Raki then her finger could do sth similar and prevent regenerating for example.

@BlackMagister
There are several problems with Teresa coming back (at least to me). Firstly, how come such small amount of youki could fill her or trigger her revival? If for Teresa a part of Priscilla's arm would suffice than for others a hand of a weak AB should suffice (and for Priscilla if she died it would also suffice). I don't see how could they have enough youki to do that (or how could they store youki for years unless these pipes are connected to some Godzilla with humongous amounts of youki). So if we see Teresa again it won't be Teresa that we've seen earlier but a fake, much weaker warrior. There's also a problem of their characters and memories - I doubt they will have any (otherwise we would have another Naruto were important characters could be revived). In that case we will have abundance of emotions once zombie-Teresa meets with Clare. Crying, sniffing, anger maybe etc. making me want to puke. Clare is the main heroine now and bringing Teresa back won't help in anything, only make this story cheaper.

I'm afraid though that Teresa will be one of them since Yagi for some time is doing the opposite I would like him to do :P. It's interesting though that Rubel didn't react in any way once he saw the bodies. If Teresa was one of them I would expect him to look more interested (although it was probably his poker face we were seeing). Although, since some of Teresa's part was donated to Clare they can't have "complete body" so maybe I'm worrying over nothing.
Closed Thread