AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-16, 22:21   Link #1041
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Doesn't mean it can't be altered to use a different pilot. The AGE-3 would NOT have meshed well with Asem's fighting style. Combine that with the fact that Flit trained Kio on how to use the AGE-3 effectively, we can safely say that the AGE-3 was built with Kio in mind.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:42   Link #1042
TGNail
Parody Monster

AGE-3 is built for Asem's skillset. Like AGE-2, AGE-3 can transform into the flight mobile armor mode, a skill that, as seen with the Dark Hound, is something Asem utilizes and Kio rarely uses. In fact, Kio don't even use the core splendor's ultra-high mobility properly other than to re-equip.

The fact that Flint teaches AGE-3 via simulator to Kio is because he had no other choice. He's the commander of the EF and rarely enters the battlefield anymore. And if he does, he's more comfortable with AGE-1. Kio's young age and lack of battle experience means that it's impossible to properly evolve a AGE unit around Kio's style. The only method left is to train him to use AGE-3, Asem's unit.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:53   Link #1043
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with this. WHERE are you getting the idea that it was built with Asem in mind beyond the AGE System data? It was THIRTEEN YEARS of inactivity, so there's no way in hell Flit would've kept it all around modeled after Asem's data, especially since he KNEW Kio was an X-Rounder and built it for X-Rounder use--the damn thing uses Vagan technologies, after all, and most Vagan mobile suits were made for X-Rounder or psuedo X-Rounder use. It would've been stupid as all hell for Flit to blindly keep the AGE-3 modeled for Asem when, for all anyone knew, Asem was dead and was never going to pilot it. Flit is anything but stupid.

And the G-Cepter doesn't really count as a flight mobile armor mode in the same sense as the AGE-2, so I seriously doubt that's using Asem's skillset. Furthermore, Flit is NOT the commander of the EF by then; he retired.
Old 2012-07-17, 00:09   Link #1044
casval cehack

If that's indeed the case, arguably Age-3 Fortress and Orbital were no longer based purely on Asem skillset then, since the Age System already adapted Kio's battle data at the time of their debuts. The same Age core/chestpiece powered the Age-1, 2 and 3 (and now FX, since someone totalled the gundam).
Old 2012-07-17, 00:14   Link #1045
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Never mind that as far as the Orbital is concerned, the AGE System has TONS of space-combat data to draw from thanks to Flit and Asem. It probably just needed some data from the AGE-3's setup so it would know how to implement that data in the best way possible.
Old 2012-07-17, 00:56   Link #1046
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Flit should have used AGE-3. Basically the same fighting style as AGE-1 except higher stats of everything.

But normal for normal, is it faster than AGE-1 in space? I don't quite remember, but AGE-1 can't maintain flight under gravity?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 01:02   Link #1047
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Thus far, the only known Federation mobile suit that can maintain flight in an environment with gravity is the Gundam AGE-3. It's specifically mentioned in its model info that at that point, there were no other mobile suits that can maintain flight in gravity environments without the aid of a subflight lifter or a transformation mode like the Gundam AGE-2 and Clanche's G-Strider modes.

Flit using the Gundam AGE-3 would be sensible, but I can see what the show wants, with each Asuno piloting their respective Gundam from their generation. Sure, Kio's not in the AGE-3 anymore, but there's still many similarities between the AGE-3 and the AGE-FX, particularly in the head design and V-Fin, the Core Fighter use, the arm sabers, and the shoulder set-up. Especially with the C-Funnels docked there.
Old 2012-07-17, 01:07   Link #1048
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's specifically mentioned in its model info that at that point
Was it mentioned here before? Think you can quote it? Just curious.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 01:13   Link #1049
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Right here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...01#post4157301
Old 2012-07-17, 03:27   Link #1050
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Ah, cool. Thanks.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 07:56   Link #1051
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNail View Post
Kio's young age and lack of battle experience means that it's impossible to properly evolve a AGE unit around Kio's style. The only method left is to train him to use AGE-3, Asem's unit.
Who knows, Flit could have stored the data from the simulator he trained Kio on and plugged it into the AGE System to build the AGE-3.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 13:07   Link #1052
Nvis

Quote:
Thus far, the only known Federation mobile suit that can maintain flight in an environment with gravity is the Gundam AGE-3. It's specifically mentioned in its model info that at that point, there were no other mobile suits that can maintain flight in gravity environments without the aid of a subflight lifter or a transformation mode like the Gundam AGE-2 and Clanche's G-Strider modes.

Flit using the Gundam AGE-3 would be sensible, but I can see what the show wants, with each Asuno piloting their respective Gundam from their generation. Sure, Kio's not in the AGE-3 anymore, but there's still many similarities between the AGE-3 and the AGE-FX, particularly in the head design and V-Fin, the Core Fighter use, the arm sabers, and the shoulder set-up. Especially with the C-Funnels docked there.
AGE-FX has core fighter?
Old 2012-07-17, 14:44   Link #1053
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yes, the AGE-FX utilizes a Core Fighter.
Old 2012-07-17, 23:19   Link #1054
casval cehack

I've always wonder if the FX's Bit fighter can use those four attached C-funnels, functioning as a standalone craft. Perhaps like Frontier's RVF-25.
Old 2012-07-18, 00:41   Link #1055
Nvis

Since there's no use for the core fighter, I'm going to assume it's the escape craft in the final episode after both the boss and AGE-FX scrap each other.
Old 2012-07-20, 03:56   Link #1056
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I guess the AGE-FX really is the strongest Gundam in history.

GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 06:16   Link #1057
WefiDasst

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I guess the AGE-FX really is the strongest Gundam in history.

Noticed how he struck the cockpit of the Strike Freedom(i think? I never really sat and watch seed.) Maybe the same with the [Q]uant?

Kio: THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 10:37   Link #1058
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Who knows, Flit could have stored the data from the simulator he trained Kio on and plugged it into the AGE System to build the AGE-3.
I honestly won't be surprised if he took in Kio's habits from his data in the simulator and built the Gundam to suit him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Flit should have used AGE-3. Basically the same fighting style as AGE-1 except higher stats of everything.

But normal for normal, is it faster than AGE-1 in space? I don't quite remember, but AGE-1 can't maintain flight under gravity?
I'd thought they used up the AGE-3 in creating the FX?
Old 2012-07-20, 21:03   Link #1059
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post
Maybe the same with the [Q]uant?
Can't really tell due to the image, but it looks like he hit just a bit below the Qan[T]'s cockpit.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:13   Link #1060
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not bad for a photoshop, really.