AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 14:00   Link #1521
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXitus View Post
So 14 trainee maids is the first step to kingship huh? But on a rational level... what the heck would he do with them? Teita has his needs completely covered and seems to be working more on things that have nothing(?) to do with Tigre... atleast it looked that way to me in v6c1. With 14+Teita they would be finished in 4 hours and then sit around drinking tea all day long... xD
Odds are, if he's in a situation where he actually accepts the 14 maids, then he probably also has a much larger residence for them to clean. The castle perhaps?
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 14:19   Link #1522
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Odds are, if he's in a situation where he actually accepts the 14 maids, then he probably also has a much larger residence for them to clean. The castle perhaps?
Nope. Go read the last post. The entire nobility of Brune is trying to keep him away from the Queen's bedroom, and the King of Ztched consider Tigre to be the biggest danger to his power.

I think for national security Tigre should be sent to a monastery...or castrated.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 14:24   Link #1523
eXitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
The real question now is; what has priority? Love? Or the Harem? xD But for the record, the title Tigre got from the king of Brune practically gurantees him the right to marry the Queen. All the nobles can do here is wail in vain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin
Nope. Go read the last post. The entire nobility of Brune is trying to keep him away from the Queen's bedroom, and the King of Ztched consider Tigre to be the biggest danger to his power.

I think for national security Tigre should be sent to a monastery...or castrated.
So his genes are that dangerous? :P
Well the nobility of Brune (Like I already said.) can't do too much against Tigre... he has a title, given by the King himself, that guarantees him the right to marry the queen.
The King of Zechted on the other hand could pose a real pain in the butt until Tigre can go back to Brune... But if he did a really stupid mistake at some point, he could have a rebellion, from atleast 3 (maybe even 5) of the 7 Vanadis + Tigre, on his hands. And I really, really, REALLY hope that he does such a mistake... with Tigre claiming the Throne in the end.
There is no god, only some dude with unlimited POWAARRR and to much free time on his hands, who has a hobby of putting a lifeform on a prior peaceful planet, so he can watch how tranquility, harmony and peace turns into chaos.

Last edited by eXitus; 2013-04-24 at 14:42.
eXitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 14:35   Link #1524
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
The real question now is; what has priority? Love? Or the Harem? xD But for the record, the title Tigre got from the king of Brune practically guarantees him the right to marry the Queen. All the nobles can do here is wail in vain...
We should worry more if we get a dozen sexually frustrated lady Macbeths whispering into his ear until it starts an international incident...

"Tigre, kill the king, so we can be together!"
Old 2013-04-24, 14:47   Link #1525
eXitus

Quote:
We should worry more if we get a dozen sexually frustrated lady Macbeths whispering into his ear until it starts an international incident...

"Tigre, kill the king, so we can be together!"
I would laugh so hard if the Vanadis he is involved with actually tell him that. Well... he uses them as hugging pillows in his sleep... and it is proven that one is really acceptive towards suggestions in their sleep... you've got the opportunity, now all that's left is for them to "sacrifice" their body to that sleeping-hug-demon and we're all set here.
There is no god, only some dude with unlimited POWAARRR and to much free time on his hands, who has a hobby of putting a lifeform on a prior peaceful planet, so he can watch how tranquility, harmony and peace turns into chaos.
Old 2013-04-24, 14:55   Link #1526
Kutra

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Kutra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 15:05   Link #1527
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

The New Imperial Government of Tigre.

-Mistress of Coin-Mira

-Leader of King's Guard-Ellen/Elizbevra/Lum

-Royal Executioner-Olga, for giggles.

-Mistress of Whispers-Valentia

-The Queen-Regin

-The Royal Ambassador-Sophie

-The head Maid-Tita

-The Dragon-Lumie

-The King's hand-Sasha (Move Ellen here if Sasha is too sick/passed away)

Game of harems here we come !
Old 2013-04-24, 15:05   Link #1528
eXitus

Quote:
The New Imperial Government of Tigre.

-Mistress of Coin-Mira

-Leader of King's Guard-Ellen/Elizbevra/Lum

-Royal Executioner-Olga, for giggles.

-Mistress of Whispers-Valentia

-The Queen-Regin

-The Royal Ambassador-Sophie

-The head Maid-Tita

-The Dragon-Lumie

-The King's hand-Sasha (Move Ellen here if Sasha is too sick/passed away)

Game of harems here we come !
And the decree of the new Emperor was:
While my limit may be the end of the earth, one of my heirs shall even conquer the heavens!

And the inofficial decree from the Author in the Emperors name was:
While his limit may be humans, one of his heirs shall use even the mightiest of angels as a hugging pillow!

Last edited by eXitus; 2013-04-24 at 15:29.
Old 2013-04-24, 15:30   Link #1529
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Spoiler for spoiler~:
Old 2013-04-24, 15:37   Link #1530
eXitus

Regin's thoughts while making this decree: "I'll sing him a lullaby."
Old 2013-04-24, 17:41   Link #1531
Shinon

on sen manga chapter 16 raw available
Old 2013-04-24, 20:28   Link #1532
Ddraig

So it seem Asvare founding legend are very similar to Arthur legend. Anyone think that there will be something like Excalibur popping up in this story soon?
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 20:36   Link #1533
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
So it seem Asvare founding legend are very similar to Arthur legend. Anyone think that there will be something like Excalibur popping up in this story soon?
Well, we already have Durandal so why not?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 20:37   Link #1534
noobarta

Quote:
Well there was already the sword Durandal which was the sword of the king, that count ?_? Although I feel as though there's bound to be some "secret" hidden in Asvarre, like those Tunnels in Brune or a relic/temple?
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 20:49   Link #1535
Ddraig

The way I see the story setting lead me to believe that each countries in the continent might have something that keep them in power beside just number of soldiers. Zect have seven Vanadis with their magical weapons, Brune have Durandal, Asvarre Excalibur (maybe), and that country with slave might have something too. Otherwise the whole continent would have fall to Zect long time ago given the story open with how powerful each Vanadis are wouldnt like past king of Zect like take over the world long ago if they so want if not what stop them.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:07   Link #1536
whitecloud

Country of slaves is similar to middle east in setting...any weapon come to mind?

How about...something called the brotherhood...Altair anyone? Give him piece of Eden
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:14   Link #1537
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Country of slaves is similar to middle east in setting...any weapon come to mind?

How about...something called the brotherhood...Altair anyone? Give him piece of Eden
They probably got Aladdin and Alibaba lol.

Now camping here for spoilers on the ending of the latest volume.
Old 2013-04-24, 21:57   Link #1538
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
The way I see the story setting lead me to believe that each countries in the continent might have something that keep them in power beside just number of soldiers. Zect have seven Vanadis with their magical weapons, Brune have Durandal, Asvarre Excalibur (maybe), and that country with slave might have something too. Otherwise the whole continent would have fall to Zect long time ago given the story open with how powerful each Vanadis are wouldnt like past king of Zect like take over the world long ago if they so want if not what stop them.
Well kings of Zhcted tend to be fairly passive in terms of war, worrying more about the Vanadis than external enemies.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 22:04   Link #1539
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

About Muozinel's weaponry, Zulfiqar and the Shamshir-e-Zommorodnegar come to mind right away, but hell's bells, the author can do what he likes.

As for the whole mil-pol-eco-whatever-issue:

I think it's quite certain that each country has their own specialties in battle and their own fair share of legendary weapons to keep the balance.

However, one should note that legendary weapons are not the be-all-end-all in this story. They are indeed a tactical advantage, but not a game-breaking one. Not all the time at least.

Ellen's initial appearance was against an army that was many times the size of hers, but disorganized and led by an inexperienced commander; thus, prone to a rout through a surprise attack.

One of the biggest problems with larger armies is morale. A leader must inspire the men to follow him or her through the shit, and this is much harder when you have a lot more men. A particularly crushing -or in this case- chaotic initial defeat can cause the army's morale to break down. I mean, it's quite evident that all Ellen really did was to get the army to disperse and retreat. How else do you think Zaien (Thernadier's boy) survived the fight to go looting in Alsace - by running the hell away from the scary white-haired lady and her Wind Sword, obviously!

Compare and contrast this to their fight with the Navarre Knights. Even without Roland engaging, they were already in a critical situation against the heavy Frankish I mean Brunean cavalry. With both Ellen and Sophie on the battlefield. The reason? Simply because these knights are just plain better trained, better equipped and better led. By a long shot. If not for Marshas and Lim figuring out how to trap the Three Crescent Moon Formation, they wouldn't even have managed to force the Black Knight's personal intervention.

Best not to underestimate the power of numbers as well. Weapons will be weapons, but humans will be humans: fallible and ultimately weak to attrition of body and mind. Case in point: both Mira and Tigre were keenly aware that if Barbarossa had really wanted to screw them over, he could have done it any time.

Then, start imagining what kind of mess a brain like Tigre's could make if he had the right number of men for once, and there you have it - the military reason why Zhcted or anyone else has never managed to completely dominate the continental scene.

Next, there's the political and economic reasons. Some of the problem lies with the fact that as we have seen, some of the countries -or some parts of countries- actually do pretty sweet trade with other nations. Wouldn't be so nice to beat on the guy who pays you money for your slaves, spices, sapphires and sardines, would it? That means he'd be pissed at you, and pay you less. Not so preferable when you can just make money off each other and be happy just the same, these lobbies would argue to their respective rulers, and don't you dare tell me money has no power in Medieval Neverland Europe. It most certainly does, just ask Ellen and Mira.

As to why Zhcted in specific hasn't quite done it yet, you might want to note how the Viralt system works. Victor has a good reason for fearing the Vanadis - he didn't pick them, the Viralts did, and no one really has any idea what the Viralts aim for when they pick their women.

Obviously at least one of them seems to disagree on the breasts issue, unless this one has the power of foresight and sees Olga having the greatest chest ballistics in history by the time she's 19 or something.

But back to the point. He didn't get to pick them, and judging by the way they seem to like doing things behind his back they wouldn't be in his Top 100, that's for sure. The larger point though is that when you have a Viralt, it comes with the Vanadis, and while the Vanadis may owe you allegiance -and that's questionable- she owes you bugger all otherwise. And you never really know when the Viralt will switch to the next better player (see Sasha) so you can't be sure how long more you can use this iteration. Add that to the fact that you can't be sure who the next person will be and how agreeable she is to your cause and political aims...

...and you basically have massive organizational problem on your hands. I doubt every King was "Gotta-catch-em-all" Tigre material by a long shot, and was normally stuck just trying to control and direct 7 powerful personalities under his own vision. No easy task. So too bad for Zhcted, more power to the harem!

So yeah, the balance of power is frankly quite fragile here, which is part of the reason why Tigre's such a controversial and central figure at this point, since he's managed to piss off various wings of the nobility in three countries at once by:

1. Directly (Thenardier) or indirectly (Ganelon, sort of) causing the dissolution of power for 2 of the foremost nobles in Brune. Just think of it from the eyes of the average Brune nobleman: "He's left the whole gentry patronage system in tatters and a giant power void to top it all off, and he has the cheek to gallivant about in another country with his foreign girlfriends, that irresponsible little dick! Three years, he says? A plague on that whoreso- Oh, hush, here comes the Queen!"

2. Threatening to bag all 7 legendary pokemon I mean, Vanadis in Zhcted to some margin or another. I mean, put it this way. I've spoken about this at length before, I won't again. But in summary it's pretty much wunderscheisse if anything.

3. Beating the tar out of an advance army in Muozinel. Barbarossa is probably pretty chill about it, but I don't imagine everyone is - especially the people who paid tax to fund Kashim's army and the navy that got their asses handed to them with their faces stuck up it. I imagine that equipping and feeding an army of tens of thousands for a long march required quite the sum of money.

And blimey, that was such a wordy rant. I should put myself up for the "The Sliding Scale For Most Inconsistent Tone" award or something.

Last edited by XenahortCharybdis; 2013-04-24 at 22:18.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 10:32   Link #1540
eXitus

Victor certainly would have Tigre deported back to Brune if he could... he is an existence that threatens the power balance of his country, or rather HIS power as a whole. While the Vanadis are in the face of the people are his strongest warriors, they don't particularly like him that much. Tigre on the other hand has atleast two Vanadis that openly approve of him (Sophia likes him, but is politicaly well versed, so she doesn't show it.) and show that clearly. Not to mention that, under the right circumstances, one word from him could bring rise to an army from Brune. What makes matters worse for Victor is the position of the two Vanadis that are on Tigre's side... their terretory is right next to Brune, even worse, Leitmeritz is right next to Tigre's old terretory...

If I were in Victor's shoes, I'd be extremely careful how I "deal" with Tigre... he destroyed the power balance of a whole country "just" to safe one small terretory. So if Victor makes a really stupid move, he get's an all out war with Brune, including an rebellion of atleast 2 Vanadis... maybe even up to 5, depending how Sophia, Sasha and Olga feel about it. God, I bet Victor really wishes to deport him back to Brune alot sooner than the 3 years he would normally sit in Zechted.

EDIT: Btw. do you guys think that Archers get somewhat more popular in Brune now? After all there is an hero who uses nothing but a bow and actually showed clearly that he is in no way inferior to some mighty sword wielder.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)