AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-30, 02:17   Link #61
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
an unstable being?

then she is not restricted to 50/50.

lower rates of absolute control of every possibilities.
I think it more like since both of lance and fairy stake rejecting each other, she was going to a point she not even became a mere human.

Maybe she still retain her ability but this time with bigger failure chance. And even if she success, the result also carried the same failure chance

It like success/failure = 25/75
with
the result wanted/unwanted = 50/50
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 10:18   Link #62
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ She still said herself she'll lose her Magic God powers though. And she seems to know a lot about that since it was implied it's not the first time it happened to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
an unstable being?
No, I literally meant something closer to Ollerus without any sort of implication.
You know Ollerus, the human with incomplete-but-still-Godlike powers. The guy who has powers similar to Othinus', although much much weaker ... but also minus the 50/50 restriction due to him not encompassing 'infinite possibilities' like Magic God Othinus did.
Old 2014-02-05, 16:02   Link #63
Dark_Matter
He Who Is Not to be Named

Just one little question:

What will happen to Ollerus? I mean he was also strucked by the fairy spell. So, wouldn't he also have problems? (e.g. become human, will die, etc.)
Dark_Matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 16:27   Link #64
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Matter View Post

What will happen to Ollerus? I mean he was also strucked by the fairy spell. So, wouldn't he also have problems? (e.g. become human, will die, etc.)
Ollerus was already human. However, he will be stripped of the powers he previously had. As of now, we have no clue what happened to Ollerus (and Fiamma) at the moment since Othinus applied the first filter she could soon after she fully crafted Gungnir. He may be dead. He most likely isn't...
Old 2014-02-05, 18:16   Link #65
LG-MAX

monsters of the magic side are being "exterminated", Aleister approves it.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 19:10   Link #66
Birdway
Banned

Quote:

Isn't just that he was badly injured:

Quote:
With those questions in mind, Kamijou saw something fall from the deck of a passenger ship that had broken in half.

It was the man named Ollerus.

Kamijou could not tell if the bloody young man was breathing.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 21:06   Link #67
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Isn't just that he was badly injured:
There is more.
Before that:
Quote:
“I…” Ollerus brought a knee to the ground in intense exhaustion but still spoke with the expression of the victor. “I no longer have any interest in being a magic god. But I could not allow someone to misuse that which I had hoped to be. To stop you and take away your status as a magic god, I do not regret giving up that which makes me special. …You misread that about me, didn’t you? That’s why you thought you had won from the moment you turned me into a fairy.”
Ollerus lost what made him so powerful when Othinus hit him with her own Fairy Spell stake. (Meaning that Gunha may never get a proper rematch)
Old 2014-02-05, 21:11   Link #68
BW95
Banned

Quote:

He's human now. That fairy spear stripped him of whatever failure of a majin abilities he had, but it certainly wouldn't have killed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Lower rates? Not sure. The 50/50 thing happened because she had all the possibilities (both success and failure) to begin with. I think her losing the 100% thing of a Magic God, will eventually free her from the 50/50 failure rate constraint altogether.
She'd probably become something more closer to Ollerus in that aspect.
It not even about success or failure anymore. She's got the fairy spear saying she's got 100% failure and the lance saying she's got 100% success. Both are pretty much absolute and create one big ass contradiction that's killing her.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 22:06   Link #69
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Ollerus lost what made him so powerful when Othinus hit him with her own Fairy Spell stake. (Meaning that Gunha may never get a proper rematch)
What I posted was from the epilogue, now mind how much pain has he gone trough as a human, Fiamma might survive due to his "special skill" Ollerus mentioned at the end of the WWIII but Ollerus himself no longer has that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
monsters of the magic side are being "exterminated", Aleister approves it.

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-02-05 at 22:43.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 12:37   Link #70
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
It not even about success or failure anymore. She's got the fairy spear saying she's got 100% failure and the lance saying she's got 100% success. Both are pretty much absolute and create one big ass contradiction that's killing her.
That explanation doesn't quite flow well in my mind.
She doesn't have the lance anymore, and the 100% failure was only a temporary thing she improvised on the spot. So how exactly is that happening right now?
Old 2014-02-07, 05:45   Link #71
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
That explanation doesn't quite flow well in my mind.
She doesn't have the lance anymore, and the 100% failure was only a temporary thing she improvised on the spot. So how exactly is that happening right now?
Maybe that is the effect of the fairy spell after being struck by it and the lance just concealed it. So after the lance was destroyed, and she used the fairy spell, the effect finally manifested.
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 05:54   Link #72
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I think that when she loses her magic godness she'll just be 100% failure because of the fairy spell. I'm guessing that if Touma does negate her though, then she'll have 50-50 chances again, because that's what she seemed to have in NT 9 before she regained her powers...

Either way, I really hope she doesn't get trolled by Aleister next volume like Fiamma was; I actually really like her character.

She's probably my favorite villain so far because her reason for doing what she was doing was probably the most understandable to me.

She's also a badass blond, pretty, eye-patch God that's going Dere... so she's pretty high in my book.

Regardless, I'm curious about the future relationship between Touma and her and what's going to happen as a result of her being near Touma
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 10:11   Link #73
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I think that when she loses her magic godness she'll just be 100% failure because of the fairy spell. I'm guessing that if Touma does negate her though, then she'll have 50-50 chances again, because that's what she seemed to have in NT 9 before she regained her powers...

Either way, I really hope she doesn't get trolled by Aleister next volume like Fiamma was; I actually really like her character.

She's probably my favorite villain so far because her reason for doing what she was doing was probably the most understandable to me.

She's also a badass blond, pretty, eye-patch God that's going Dere... so she's pretty high in my book.

Regardless, I'm curious about the future relationship between Touma and her and what's going to happen as a result of her being near Touma
Since she knew Touma's harem tendencies ... well, she might understand him far better than Touma understand himself XD

I rather interested about did she knew about Touma's memories lost or not (THat way, she could ... let's say 'handle' him well )
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 10:55   Link #74
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
I rather interested about did she knew about Touma's memories lost or not (THat way, she could ... let's say 'handle' him well )
I'd be surprised if she doesn't know. Remember she often replied to Touma's thoughts, so his mind was wide open to her. Plus, at least in-novel he wondered about events before his memory loss (Index's relationship with Styl and Kanzaki)

Also, with so many repetitions, they might have even accumulated 30+ years together... or even if it was a tenth of that (doesn't seem to fit in my head) it would still be by far the longest he has spent (in his memory) with anyone.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 11:03   Link #75
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author

Kamijou trembled in fear, but as always, Stiyl continued talking without any concern for Kamijou’s situation.
“A guide was sent for you, so hurry on over.”
“All the way to Scotland!? Actually, where on the world map are you!?”
“On the eastern end of British territory,” said Stiyl like a villager in an RPG. “If you don’t know the way, just leave it to the guide…ohh!? That just breathed fir-…ksssshhh!! Sizzle sizzle…. Pant pant pant… I really thought I was going to die there. A-anyway, the guide is known for great strength. One arm should be enough to carry you…gwoh!!”
Kamijou had a feeling that went beyond guiding him, but he was more concerned about the guide being muscular enough to easily carry someone around like that.
He was disappointed that the magic side’s guide wasn’t a girl in a witch’s hat.

Epic foreshadowing is epic. And this is from around the time of VOLUME 11. Seriously! And the one arm statement. Just shows how far ahead Kamachi planned this series. Parody novels always have the best foreshadowing. ^^
furaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 12:03   Link #76
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
Since she knew Touma's harem tendencies ... well, she might understand him far better than Touma understand himself XD

I think she is also aware of the other girls' feelings for him, particularly Mikoto.
Spoiler for Thor NT5:

The question is how she would handle the others.
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 12:19   Link #77
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
Maybe that is the effect of the fairy spell after being struck by it and the lance just concealed it. So after the lance was destroyed, and she used the fairy spell, the effect finally manifested.
I can somehow dig that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
But I can't dig this though.
No Magic God powers = No percentage thing at all.
Old 2014-03-15, 08:37   Link #78
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Since Othinus is a majin... would that mean she has as much knowledge as Index does on magic? Or is knowledge in magic not a pre-requisite of being a majin?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 08:51   Link #79
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Since Othinus is a majin... would that mean she has as much knowledge as Index does on magic? Or is knowledge in magic not a pre-requisite of being a majin?
We know that Index has the potential to become a Majin because of the Grimoire knowledge, however we don't know what is the process to become one.

Apologies if I remembered wrongly, did the narative said that Othinus became a God went people wished or believed her to be a God, or was that just being metaphoric?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 09:54   Link #80
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Isn't it because she had the power of a majin that people gathered around her?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, hot magic god