AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-21, 15:59   Link #61
Dop
Mmmm....

Episode 5 comes along. Hooray, or words to that effect. (I get the impression the S word is off-limits, although we all know this series will never ever get an English-language release...)

I have to admit while I'm loving the series so far I really don't like the new opening title music. I had this horrible feeling it was going to turn into Barry Manilow's Copacabana.
Hopefully it's only temporary and they'll get a new OP before long.

I have to share one comment though. Once a month or so I have friends round to drink beer and watch anime. Last time I showed them the first episode of this series, where one of my friends commented "It's about proper grown-up men, and there aren't any schoolgirls in it. Briliiant!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 16:20   Link #62
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I have to admit while I'm loving the series so far I really don't like the new opening title music. I had this horrible feeling it was going to turn into Barry Manilow's Copacabana.
Hopefully it's only temporary and they'll get a new OP before long.
When I started the episode, I thought I got trolled into downloading a fake release, then I remembered the performers were involved in a scandal involving pot. But it's kind of funny how the series is mired in drama, now with the mangaka taking distance from the adaptation.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 15:46   Link #63
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I got the feeling that Sasuke doesn't have a master, he has his trio of Gods, and that will determine who his master is going to be. Hashiba won't have much of a problem swaying his loyalty, with Soueki on board now. Either way, I don't think he's a coward.

Regarding Hashiba, when he started crying, I thought to myself that this guy is one true sociopath. Turns out his ambition tops that...
No, he's not cowardly, but he knows he's a bit player, who needs to stay loyal to Nobunaga to ensure his survival. We haven't seen what he'll do to advance his standing though, so roll on subs for ep 6.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 08:53   Link #64
Mercurius.H
King of Hg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendredi View Post
I have added another post for episode 2 with more historical notes, available here: http://fungafufu.wordpress.com/2011/...-the-tea-room/

In particular, the evidence we`re given in episode 2 leads me to believe that Furuta Sasuke is actually based in part on Furuta Oribe, who was the founder of the Oribe school of the Japanese tea ceremony - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furuta_Shigenari

Most notably, Furuta was also married to Nakagawa Kiyohide's younger sister, and was also a contemporary of Sen no Rikyū and became Rikyū's successor after the old tea master committed seppuku.
Sasuke is in fact the diminutive name of Furuta Shigenari. It was common for ancient Japanese (as it was for Chinese) to have multiple names. They appear in historical records in different context.

Particularly, he was better known as Furuta Oribe because the highest position he got was Oribe, a 5th-grade rank in Japanese bureaucratic hierarchy then. In Hyouge Mono, he was at the time yet struggling up.

By the way, Furuta was later promoted by Toyotomi Hidekichi to governor of a kuni with 35000-koku of income, i.e. a Daimyo. Moreover, his influence in Japanese tea ceremony is more than profound.

I have discovered a truly remarkable signature which this margin is too small to contain.
Mercurius.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 11:53   Link #65
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Found another sub provider while searching to see how many raws were available. I'm giving them a look now; they're not a group I recognize.

And, of course, I can't tell you anything about where I found these

When you get older, your vision isn't the same as it once was. Apparently I was deceived by what looked to be an "English" tag at TT but upon closer inspection is the "not English" tag. (Thanks to cyth for pointing that out. Why a site that has japanese raws needs a "not English" tag is beyond me.) They're in Chinese, I believe.

The English subs are now about ten episodes behind. For a while it looked like we might be getting episodes on monthly basis, but that's beginning to look dubious as well.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2011-07-16 at 19:16.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 01:18   Link #66
ドラマの殿下
百裂拳
*Fansubber

Status update: Look forward to more episodes once finals (next) week is out of the way.
ドラマの殿下 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 01:32   Link #67
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

^ That's great! It's sad that my favourite series of the previous season had stalled in subbing limbo for so long. I'm still looking forward to the rest of the show.

If the worst happens, I wouldn't mind translating the Chinese subtitles, though that is of course far from ideal. That said, I would need a fair bit of help as I don't have the slightest clue of how to put together a subbed file.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 06:17   Link #68
cyth
Banned

I don't care for the wait, as long as we see it finished.
Old 2011-07-21, 12:05   Link #69
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Those of us who waited for months and months to see Mouryou no Hako completed are used to long delays. I'm happy to see that Hyouge Mono hasn't been forgotten and will wait patiently for the subs to appear.
Old 2011-08-15, 04:10   Link #70
Dante Rising

Wow! I just discovered this series, and it is a breath of fresh air from most of the anime I've seen recently.

I've only found one group working on this, and I see they've only released 5 episodes despite significantly more RAWS being available.

Is Huzzah a fairly stable fansub group? I don't mind waiting, but I'd really hate to get involved in the series and then be left out the cold. I'm still disappointed about the whole Souten Kuoro debacle when Lunar Fansubs died out.

I've only watched 2 of the 5 episodes, but I can see great things ahead. So, better to stop now and not get further invested, or is there a good chance on this one being slowly and completely translated? I've actually enjoyed their work so far, and the translation is much better than many groups out there working on much simpler projects.

Thanks!
Dante Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 16:27   Link #71
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Rising View Post
Wow! I just discovered this series, and it is a breath of fresh air from most of the anime I've seen recently.

I've only found one group working on this, and I see they've only released 5 episodes despite significantly more RAWS being available.

Is Huzzah a fairly stable fansub group? I don't mind waiting, but I'd really hate to get involved in the series and then be left out the cold. I'm still disappointed about the whole Souten Kuoro debacle when Lunar Fansubs died out.

I've only watched 2 of the 5 episodes, but I can see great things ahead. So, better to stop now and not get further invested, or is there a good chance on this one being slowly and completely translated? I've actually enjoyed their work so far, and the translation is much better than many groups out there working on much simpler projects.

Thanks!
Well, the leader(?) of Huzzah made a post about more episodes up there (couple of posts back) but I suppose they are still occupied. I don't think they mean to abandon the show but you may have to wait a while.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 13:36   Link #72
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Apparently gg has been getting some pressure from fans of this show to pick it up. Obviously not going to happen, though. However the comment from the Huzzah fansubber there is a bit disconcerting:

Quote:
September 7, 2011 at 8:39 pm
Do take your claims and disatisfaction with Huzzah’s pace to our channel at #huzzah@irc.rizon.net.
Please, do not pester my dear friend over my sluggishness.
I would have found this comment more compelling if it included some mention of when episodes six and beyond might appear.
Old 2011-09-12, 16:55   Link #73
cyth
Banned

Dude, let them take their time. If not, somebody in the distant future (me) is going to translate it fully. xD
Old 2011-09-15, 23:12   Link #74
ドラマの殿下
百裂拳
*Fansubber

Ep 6-7 have been in timing for a week or two.
Timer is very busy at present, and I can empathize with him.
School... has me by the throat for the next week (genetics exam).

I appreciate the patience of those who care for this show.
Please expect to see more soon.
ドラマの殿下 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 00:51   Link #75
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Poor Hyouge Mono fans. Well I'm not one of them or will I ever be but I understand the pain of not seeing your anime being fansubbed.
Old 2011-09-18, 19:37   Link #76
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Go get it, Peoples.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 21:59   Link #77
Forsaken_Infinity

@ahelo: What's not to like about this show?

@ドラマの殿下

Please do continue fansubbing at your pace. It's not fun for anyone involved if you do it under pressure and not for fun.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 07:42   Link #78
Dop
Mmmm....

Another fantastic episode. It's certainly shaping up as a good historical drama with slight comic elements and a real entry in the list of 'anime for grown-ups'.

Sasuke's expressions never fail to amuse.

Thanks very much ドラマの殿下 and all concerned, keep up the good work!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 20:45   Link #79
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Certain episodes stand out above the crowd even within an otherwise excellent series; episode six was one of them for me. The pacing was outstanding: One dramatic situation followed another; I couldn't wait to see what was about to happen every time the scene changed.

Sasuke shows a remarkable ability for diplomacy. (Too bad we can't the solve the Palestinian problem with a tea cup.)

What a conundrum, though. Do you think he'll tell Osen in the next episode? I couldn't tell from the lady's reaction if Sasuke proved himself; saying she was going to go look for a "warrior" suggested he wasn't the man she was seeking. You'd have to think his mind was divided throughout the entire encounter, though. Do you think this lady will reappear in the future?

Lucky for Sasuke there's a pond down there.

I've never been a BEE TRAIN fan, but that has had more to do with the content of their best-known shows than their abilities as animators. Whatever mixed feelings I may have had about the studio came to abrupt end when I saw that illustrated room. It reminded me of Nakamura and his team's work in Mononoke and Matsuo and Arai's work in Kure-nai. Like Sasuke I would have loved to take one of those scrolls home; the one with the mother and child was quite beautiful. The illustrations of the interior of Nobunaga's keep in an earlier episode were equally stunning.

I apologize for any nudging I've done about this series. You folks are doing a wonderful job; I'll be quiet now.
Old 2011-09-30, 09:19   Link #80
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

What does it say about AS that I had to learn episode seven was subbed from ANN?

Tags
historical, tea