AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-12-20, 23:44   Link #241
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Mermaids, Mermaids and Mermaids...I have to admit I can understand Sanji's excitement, seeing the mermaids in their animated form is great!

Have to agree seeing Luffy in Gear Second again just totally hypes you up, it's a great power!

God I can't wait to see our Mermaid Princess!!!
Old 2011-12-21, 07:49   Link #242
Colecham

I can't wait to see how powerful they all have become...
I mean, we know now that Luffy can go into second gear instantly...
It used to be really fast.. Now it's faster than ... well.. Faster than anything.. He hit them before the words completely left his mouth... and you didn't actually see it hit them...
They were just standing normally then flying backwards...
We've gotten tiny peeks at what the crew can do...
AAAAHHHHHH, I need more!!
For Christmas they should give us multiple episodes!!!! :P
Colecham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 04:45   Link #243
Kallen4life

afaik the octopus swordsman did better against G2 in the manga
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 09:25   Link #244
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colecham View Post
I can't wait to see how powerful they all have become...
I mean, we know now that Luffy can go into second gear instantly...
It used to be really fast.. Now it's faster than ... well.. Faster than anything.. He hit them before the words completely left his mouth... and you didn't actually see it hit them...
They were just standing normally then flying backwards...
We've gotten tiny peeks at what the crew can do...
AAAAHHHHHH, I need more!!
For Christmas they should give us multiple episodes!!!! :P
Yeah.. Im kinda confused when he went into Second Gear and then he was about to hit the fishmen.. Did he actually hit them and did the fishmen just shoot backwards for self protection, cause I'm sure the artist would have made Luffy's hand shoot out..

But it's either Luffy hit them or the Fishmen just flew backwards for their self protection lol.. Anyone know the answer to it ¬_¬?
Old 2011-12-22, 11:00   Link #245
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnago View Post
Yeah.. Im kinda confused when he went into Second Gear and then he was about to hit the fishmen.. Did he actually hit them and did the fishmen just shoot backwards for self protection, cause I'm sure the artist would have made Luffy's hand shoot out..

But it's either Luffy hit them or the Fishmen just flew backwards for their self protection lol.. Anyone know the answer to it ¬_¬?
2 of them were hit and KOed and the octopus guy managed to block with his sword.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 10:12   Link #246
Colecham

Pretty sure it's that his second gear is so intensely fast now that we couldn't even see it....
Figure in the 2 years, beyond working on his haki, he worked on his own physical abilities, and his powers...
We've already seen that he doesn't turn chibi after using third gear now...

Also we see that he shall be combining haki with regular attacks...

Can't wait to see gattling gun with those cool black haki powered hands...
Old 2011-12-24, 07:49   Link #247
ookamigirl

Once again they're separated.
Sanji was totally LOL until things got serious.
Guess they always find trouble, even when they don't want to.
Luffy was pretty impressive though.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 22:17   Link #248
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Sweet justice Sanji got saved by some girls! Nice to see Pappagu again. Leave it to Brook to be safe and chilling like a rock-star. Doubt Luffy would intentionally destroy the island.
Old 2011-12-24, 22:25   Link #249
Colecham

When did luffy destroy an island? The new episode isn't available.. at least to me.. for like 4 more hours.... O.o
Old 2011-12-25, 08:50   Link #250
ookamigirl

Glad Sanji is ok now.
I'm impressed with Luffy once again ^^
Pretty relaxed episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 07:31   Link #251
Monsterwub

Quote:
When did luffy destroy an island? The new episode isn't available.. at least to me.. for like 4 more hours.... O.o
i have to wait a whole fucking day to watch it ; <
Old 2011-12-27, 04:04   Link #252
Monsterwub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Mermaids, Mermaids and Mermaids...I have to admit I can understand Sanji's excitement, seeing the mermaids in their animated form is great!

Have to agree seeing Luffy in Gear Second again just totally hypes you up, it's a great power!

God I can't wait to see our Mermaid Princess!!!
i totaly agree
Old 2011-12-27, 07:37   Link #253
Colecham

Instantz.net has it available very quickly
Old 2011-12-27, 11:48   Link #254
Kavaron

This arc looks very promising. I wonder why manga people do not like it so much. Luffy is so much stronger but he still has a huge disadvantage in this underwater island against any top fishman. Fights won't be easy I bet.
Kavaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 15:18   Link #255
Simonsy

Quote:
Luffy didn't destroy an island, Shyarly had a premonition that he was GOING to destroy fishman island.

But I'm sure you all know how premonitions go in stories. They are never as clear cut as they seem. So I doubt he "destroys" fishman island. Destroying could mean physically as in destroying the island as in no more. It could be he destroys their way of life, like all their customs, rules ect are no more. For great example in that look at the wheel of time books in how the dragon reborn destroys the Aiel people. Or it could be other things, such as indirectly responsible for its destruction like Enies Lobby. Hell she could have even misinterpreted what she saw and he wasn't destroying the island at all but something else that looked like it. Another series that LOVES to have prophecies that are never as they appear is the Percy Jackson books.

In all stories I read, I take any premonition with a HUGE grain of salt. basically I just ignore it. At the end of the book its always neat to look back at the premonition or prophecy and see what each part "really meant" versus how it sounded.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 08:15   Link #256
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavaron View Post
This arc looks very promising. I wonder why manga people do not like it so much. Luffy is so much stronger but he still has a huge disadvantage in this underwater island against any top fishman. Fights won't be easy I bet.
Hmm, you'd be surprised. But not everyone was too into this arc. It wasn't bad per say, I rather liked it a whole lot, but it wasn't at the level of some previous arcs. This was mostly due to the antagonists of the arc which were rather unimpressive. Hell, Arlong was more entertaining than the main antagonist of the arc (using Fishman villains as comparison)
You say it looks promising...like I said, I liked it, however we're only a couple of episodes in, you haven't had enough to really judge the arc yet.
Old 2011-12-29, 01:48   Link #257
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Have not read posts in a while .. but am I the only one who is really .. Well, disappointed and kinda pissed off at the latest few episodes? Sanji's love for girls has always been there but now he seriously is like a cheap generic main character from a cheap ecchi anime. The whole thing about losing blood due girls and then almost dying is just ... =____= .. I can't even explain and express it well enough ..
Old 2011-12-29, 02:58   Link #258
Colecham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Have not read posts in a while .. but am I the only one who is really .. Well, disappointed and kinda pissed off at the latest few episodes? Sanji's love for girls has always been there but now he seriously is like a cheap generic main character from a cheap ecchi anime. The whole thing about losing blood due girls and then almost dying is just ... =____= .. I can't even explain and express it well enough ..
FINALLY!!!
I've been saying that for weeks...
Sanji was annoying before..
Now he is just.. such a pain..

Yeah, you have always loved women to a way too high degree...
Yeah, you spent 2 full years running in terror from large gay men that wanted to put you in a dress and do you against your will...
But jeez... can't you catch a damn grip?
I know they are just being over the top for laughs...
But I'm not laughing.......
Old 2011-12-29, 05:57   Link #259
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
FINALLY!!!
I've been saying that for weeks...
Sanji was annoying before..
Now he is just.. such a pain..

Yeah, you have always loved women to a way too high degree...
Yeah, you spent 2 full years running in terror from large gay men that wanted to put you in a dress and do you against your will...
But jeez... can't you catch a damn grip?
I know they are just being over the top for laughs...
But I'm not laughing.......
Not just over the top for laughs actually...it served as a very good way of exposition of certain very important details like the Blood transfusion thing Fishman and humans have going on. For now it is not as important but it will be later on.
True, Oda could have gone a different route but while you may find it annoying, others don't. I personally enjoyed it as a good, brainless, gag on Oda's behalf. I suppose that, if you already don't like or think much of Sanji, then you'll most likely not like anything focused on him, gag or not. Understandable, but remember that others don't think the same.
Even during these scenes in that manga, One Piece's popularity didn't drop, meaning that at least the Japanese fans enjoyed it and they are the only ones that matter.
Old 2011-12-29, 08:44   Link #260
Colecham

Yeah, I know some like it and some don't..
I just happen to be one of the don'ts :P
It just gets grating.

I figured a lot of the things we learning would end up being significant

I wonder when they are going to reveal that Zoro has haki...
They hinted at it.. or showed signs of it in an episode..
So I'm wondering if he trained for that over his 2 years aswell as his swordsmanship