AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-23, 13:05   Link #281
jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I'd actually like it anyone could get tattoos. Tattoos are pretty awesome. >.>
the names jessica might have sent you something allredy i only singhd up to day im just fidilind at themnt soz about spelings

Quote:
I'd actually like it anyone could get tattoos. Tattoos are pretty awesome. >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
wat you like tatoos they roone your skin and it so dosnt look natrall the names jessica im from goucester soz about spelings im dislexic
hay do u like nikalback

Last edited by NightWish; 2008-01-23 at 13:21. Reason: Merged Posts
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 13:10   Link #282
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
wat you like tatoos they roone your skin and it so dosnt look natrall the names jessica im from goucester soz about spelings im dislexic
er...I should first say that you might want to avoid the double posting...secondly...She is talking about the facial tatoos in which the Night Elf Females can have....She might like tatoos in real life..dunno...
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 17:20   Link #283
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
lol..Yea good point..but in order to change all this, that would involve Blizzard (to do more coding obviously) to have to think of a sotry as to how it owuld go around all that and what not...So, they are probably to lazy to do it
Yes, they will definitely never actually do something like this. They'd say something along the lines of "People who like or haven't done Gnomeregan still want to experience this content", despite the fact that they could create something like a "Caverns of Time: Gnomeregan" that is the exact same instance in a different location. I wouldn't go so far as to call them "lazy", as I understand all the effort that has gone into the game and the work that would be required to pull this off, but it would be really nice to actually see some signs of world progression besides an old dwarf standing in a new area and a random npc saying "lol Nefarian died". I mean, Silvermoon is still loyal to Kael'thas when he's currently trying to destroy the world right next door, come on.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 12:24   Link #284
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Yes, they will definitely never actually do something like this. They'd say something along the lines of "People who like or haven't done Gnomeregan still want to experience this content", despite the fact that they could create something like a "Caverns of Time: Gnomeregan" that is the exact same instance in a different location. I wouldn't go so far as to call them "lazy", as I understand all the effort that has gone into the game and the work that would be required to pull this off, but it would be really nice to actually see some signs of world progression besides an old dwarf standing in a new area and a random npc saying "lol Nefarian died". I mean, Silvermoon is still loyal to Kael'thas when he's currently trying to destroy the world right next door, come on.

Yea...good point..Though..I still have yet to find someone who like Gnomer...I mean...There are lots of people who do, I just haven't found them....I hate Gnomer...Tis be evil! They should remove it!! ...lol, ok, not really...as long as I don't have to run it I'm happy
Old 2008-02-04, 13:25   Link #285
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

haha..Yea...I like to update this thread...so here it is again..

My guild just got through Gruul's Lair this weekend and we went to SSC to see what it is we are up against...OO main it was a pain...We went in there with 23 people because 2 people didn't show..but any who...we learning what it is we need to do and how to do it and to see what it was we were up against. We passed the first boss and made our way to Lurker...And we did terrible...Half of us died on the spit acid thing where you have to go under water...and others died on the adds..I for one died because I couldn't get back on to the platform after jumping off when he did that spit thing..and because the healer of my group died....and I ran out of mana healing myself..the hot water killed me..xD
Old 2008-02-04, 17:13   Link #286
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
haha..Yea...I like to update this thread...so here it is again..

My guild just got through Gruul's Lair this weekend and we went to SSC to see what it is we are up against...OO main it was a pain...We went in there with 23 people because 2 people didn't show..but any who...we learning what it is we need to do and how to do it and to see what it was we were up against. We passed the first boss and made our way to Lurker...And we did terrible...Half of us died on the spit acid thing where you have to go under water...and others died on the adds..I for one died because I couldn't get back on to the platform after jumping off when he did that spit thing..and because the healer of my group died....and I ran out of mana healing myself..the hot water killed me..xD
That's about what happened to my guild the one time I did that fight, except I was one of the only people who wasn't dying. The one and only time I got hit with the spout I flew like 100 feet away from the platform but still got back in time. Tip: don't jump while in the water, it resets the damage cooldown and will cause you to take damage much faster than just swimming.

I've since rejoined that guild but just because I have friends there; I don't go to the 25 man raids because they still have a ridiculous dkp system and I'm not throwing away my time to earn some arbitrary virtual points. Free roll with officer discretion (to prevent people from just taking all the gear and leaving, and to tip things in favor of those who put in the most effort) is a far superior system, and this is coming from someone who has never won a single roll.
Old 2008-02-04, 19:59   Link #287
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Quote:
That's about what happened to my guild the one time I did that fight, except I was one of the only people who wasn't dying. The one and only time I got hit with the spout I flew like 100 feet away from the platform but still got back in time. Tip: don't jump while in the water, it resets the damage cooldown and will cause you to take damage much faster than just swimming.

I've since rejoined that guild but just because I have friends there; I don't go to the 25 man raids because they still have a ridiculous dkp system and I'm not throwing away my time to earn some arbitrary virtual points. Free roll with officer discretion (to prevent people from just taking all the gear and leaving, and to tip things in favor of those who put in the most effort) is a far superior system, and this is coming from someone who has never won a single roll.
Yea....My guild just started using DKP..very confusing....But I thought that spout was a one shot kill..that's what I was told anyways...
Old 2008-02-04, 21:00   Link #288
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Yea....My guild just started using DKP..very confusing....But I thought that spout was a one shot kill..that's what I was told anyways...
It might 1-shot you if you're a healing class but I had 13-14k hp buffed so I managed to survive it. It's nothing like C'thun's dark glare that hits for over 100k.
Old 2008-02-05, 03:32   Link #289
Clarste
Human

Quote:
It might 1-shot you if you're a healing class but I had 13-14k hp buffed so I managed to survive it. It's nothing like C'thun's dark glare that hits for over 100k.
I don't think spout one-shots anyone really. Mostly it just does significant damage and throws you way back and you'll die from the boiling water. Most healers could probably survive by healing on the way back. Dps is most likely to die imo. Although, you really shouldn't be getting hit by spout anyway...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 05:52   Link #290
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You use to be a priest in Black Wolf Mercs? Cagalli from Concept here btw. I just reupped my account and I've now rolled a priest on Blackrock.
Oh wow, hey. I remember you yeah. Blackrock huh, get the PvP bug? Concept busted up from memory not to long ago, I think. Might be thinking of another guild though, a good few have collapsed in the last few months, x-pac put a lot of strain on guilds. Not many release day guilds left on PM now, at least raiding/large ones. Just us and one or two others I think.

Still in BWM though, a shaman now, Vexana.
Old 2008-02-05, 08:56   Link #291
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Quote:
Ah..Yea..I'm Boomkin xD....And my armor is like crap..and greens and blues...and I have about 8k health...xD
Old 2008-02-05, 09:44   Link #292
Mr Hat and Clogs

Nah spout wont one shot kill, it hits for about 3.5-4K and throws you back 100 yards, but if you get stuck in the beam it will hit you repeatedly, so it is likely to get hit 2-3 times, which will kill almost anyone outside tanks, by the time you get back to the platform.

SSC has some of the most annoying bosses, my pet hate boss is Leotheras, I hate him so very much. Go Whirlwind off a cliff you blind bastard.

Kael'thas though, when you get to him (if you can stick with WoW that long) is a really fun fight, despite his movie length introduction speech about power and energy and how his people need it because the Sunwell asploaded. 20 minutes of epic goodness, although admittedly once you actually get to him proper, its fairly cut and dry, especially past 50%. Still, very epic.

For the most randomly chaotic fight ever. Archimonde. Airburst, Doomfire, Fear. One death can lead to the most spectacular chain reaction. Haven't killed him yet though, but it is a fun yet hectic fight. Finger of Death is awesome.

Its crazy how later game fights stress HP, we've taken to requiring that you have ~10K buffed minimum, simply because of the sheer damage boss AE's do coupled with our aussie pings. ~400ms per raider on average, I have no idea how I used to get ~200-250ms raiding back in the day, just one day it went all to hell.

Anyway... enough of that.

We don't use DKP anymore, our system is kinda unique I think (only one other guild use it, the designer of it who was a former member anyway). We let the members decide, no rolls. Each class (leader) puts forward one person (makes it easy for single class items!), then those people compare and decide who gets the best upgrade, in class discussions are pretty quickly down if not already done prior to the raid, in raid can take a little bit of time but nothing excessive. Officers have last say, so we act more like magistrates if people cant make a decision. Its a bit slower then DKP, some high priority items take a little discussion. We have not had any major outbursts with it yet, and have been using it since BC came out. Have a good spread of items across people to. Whole process usually takes about 6-7 minutes tops per boss, has only blown out beyond 10 a couple times in the whole year we have used the system.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2008-02-05 at 10:00.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 09:59   Link #293
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
We don't use DKP anymore, our system is kinda unique I think. We let the members decide, no rolls. Each class (leader) puts forward one person (makes it easy for single class items!), then those people compare and decide who gets the best upgrade, in class discussions are pretty quickly down if not already done prior to the raid, in raid can take a little bit of time but nothing excessive. Officers have last say, so we act more like magistrates if people cant make a decision. Its a bit slower then DKP, some high priority items take a little discussion. We have not had any major outbursts with it yet, and have been using it since BC came out. Have a good spread of items across people to. Whole process usually takes about 6-7 minutes tops per boss, has only blown out beyond 10 a couple times in the whole year we have used the system.
That's called loot council, except you put all the burden on the class leaders and let open discussion happen. It's my favorite way of doing it, the person who needs it most gets it most. I'd rather my guild not be composed of a bunch of backstabbers who only show up for loot points. Cooperation, not competition.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 10:12   Link #294
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah. Its not a true loot council though, the class leaders don't actually decide by themselves. They just announce who the class nominates. Although each class has a slightly different method. I think the Priests lean a little more towards the class leader, while the shaman (my class) is like:

Me: so who wants?
S1: yeah i would
S2: yeah me to, I have*item*
S1: *item*
S3: passing
S2: yeah me to, S1's needs it more.
Me: coolies, so S1 then.

I'm so Blasé, but I am enhance, looking after 3 resto's and one elemental.
Old 2008-02-05, 12:37   Link #295
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Nah spout wont one shot kill, it hits for about 3.5-4K and throws you back 100 yards, but if you get stuck in the beam it will hit you repeatedly, so it is likely to get hit 2-3 times, which will kill almost anyone outside tanks, by the time you get back to the platform.

SSC has some of the most annoying bosses, my pet hate boss is Leotheras, I hate him so very much. Go Whirlwind off a cliff you blind bastard.

Kael'thas though, when you get to him (if you can stick with WoW that long) is a really fun fight, despite his movie length introduction speech about power and energy and how his people need it because the Sunwell asploaded. 20 minutes of epic goodness, although admittedly once you actually get to him proper, its fairly cut and dry, especially past 50%. Still, very epic.

For the most randomly chaotic fight ever. Archimonde. Airburst, Doomfire, Fear. One death can lead to the most spectacular chain reaction. Haven't killed him yet though, but it is a fun yet hectic fight. Finger of Death is awesome.

Its crazy how later game fights stress HP, we've taken to requiring that you have ~10K buffed minimum, simply because of the sheer damage boss AE's do coupled with our aussie pings. ~400ms per raider on average, I have no idea how I used to get ~200-250ms raiding back in the day, just one day it went all to hell.

Anyway... enough of that.

We don't use DKP anymore, our system is kinda unique I think (only one other guild use it, the designer of it who was a former member anyway). We let the members decide, no rolls. Each class (leader) puts forward one person (makes it easy for single class items!), then those people compare and decide who gets the best upgrade, in class discussions are pretty quickly down if not already done prior to the raid, in raid can take a little bit of time but nothing excessive. Officers have last say, so we act more like magistrates if people cant make a decision. Its a bit slower then DKP, some high priority items take a little discussion. We have not had any major outbursts with it yet, and have been using it since BC came out. Have a good spread of items across people to. Whole process usually takes about 6-7 minutes tops per boss, has only blown out beyond 10 a couple times in the whole year we have used the system.

Well, we've just started SSC and for the next few weeks we are going to go in there to learn about the bosses as apposed to, What they do, specials, how hard they hit, etc... and figure out a stradigy that will work for us when fighting these bosses.
Old 2008-02-05, 17:30   Link #296
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Ah..Yea..I'm Boomkin xD....And my armor is like crap..and greens and blues...and I have about 8k health...xD
You're doing SSC in blues and greens? That might cause problems soon since apparently many fights are really unforgiving and leave no margin for error or gear deficiency. I know my guild used to struggle to beat the enrage timer on Void Reaver because the undergeared people were having trouble putting out enough dps. Since your guild can clear the trash to Lurker the overall gear level is probably fine for Lurker himself but it might be a good idea to run Kara/Gruul a few more times before trying to make serious progression in SSC. I am no longer a raider so I may have no idea what I'm talking about but that was my experience.
Old 2008-02-05, 17:52   Link #297
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

WoW's raiding system really irks me sometimes. Whatever happened to games where you didn't need high-class gear in order to do fun stuff?
Old 2008-02-05, 18:11   Link #298
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
WoW's raiding system really irks me sometimes. Whatever happened to games where you didn't need high-class gear in order to do fun stuff?
PvP in the 60-69 bracket is just that, actually. Some of the most fun I've had playing this game and everyone has terrible gear. Going to be kind of sad when my warrior hits 70 today but I have been looking forward to walking around in all blues and greens with a gladiator mace for a long time. I've gotten more than enough points for it just from pvp'ing in that bracket.
Old 2008-02-05, 18:51   Link #299
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

My experiences of PvPing was me dieing most of the time Paladins can't kill much Though it was nice when I did manage to kill people... Doesn't happen often unless its like 2 or 3 on 1...
Old 2008-02-05, 19:06   Link #300
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Yeah I guess that's not the best class if you want to be topping the kill charts but in that bracket a lv69 paladin healing a lv69 warrior could probably kill half the other team by themselves. They also make pretty good defenders since you can shield and repeatedly hit people trying to cap while invincible. You'd be surprised at the number of people that don't realize Consecrate does NOT interrupt flag caps though. Have ninja'd so many flags right out from under people who just stood there and used that.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows