AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-29, 21:50   Link #641
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The problem isn't whether or not he caught her before she fell to the ground, unless you mean he ran off after she fell unconscious at his feet. (which I doubt) It's that she's completely helpless at his feet, literally, 'cause of the dang bands. >.> And I don't think Amata has much of a chance of fighting off Kagura. so if he wants to take her then there's little stopping him.
Kagura: Who said I was taking this wench with me? I meant the other one.
Amata: Huh?
Kagura: *grabs Mikono's cat... thing*

That would truly be a forbidden love.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 21:51   Link #642
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Kagura: Who said I was taking this wench with me? I meant the other one.
Amata: Huh?
Kagura: *grabs Mikono's cat... thing*

That would truly be a forbidden love.
*smacks Nightengale with a paper fan*
Old 2012-01-29, 21:57   Link #643
cyberdemon

Quote:
The problem isn't whether or not he caught her before she fell to the ground, unless you mean he ran off after she fell unconscious at his feet. (which I doubt) It's that she's completely helpless at his feet, literally, 'cause of the dang bands. >.> And I don't think Amata has much of a chance of fighting off Kagura, so if he wants to take her then there's little stopping him.
not necessarily. what if the real reason Zen is doing this is to give Amata control of his element. While the others were concerned about love, Zen instead knew Kagura was going to turn up as a result. In that case the best escape is for Amata to grab Mikono and use his element but the way it is, he wasn't going to get excited enough to use his element. Best chance to escape is to take control of his element.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 22:01   Link #644
Vena
Carpe Diem

Since Mashifony ended, and I like to dig a bit deeper under the skin, I'll give this show at least one long post. You've been warned.

On a second watch of the episode, now that I'm not at work and can safely and comfortably watch my raw (and I want a break from reading publications off of arxiv on neutrinos going faster than light, wooo, or superconductors, double wooo), I have a feeling that Fudo is alluding to Mikono being the reincarnation of something along the lines of Sirius, as she has a sweet exterior but (probably) what lies deep inside would be something darker (hence also saying that she is the container of nothingness, which is dark ). The only difference between her and Sirius, if we want to break it down, is that he wasn't exactly "that nice guy" and had a more gruff personality, but both seem to share the same underlying (and strong) emotion of jealousy that clouds their judgment/makes them act poorly.

However, what I'm thinking is more along the lines that Celianne (and by extension parts of Sirius) were split differently this time around: Mikono received some of the sweetness that would suit Sylvia (light part of Celianne), hence Fudo's words about her exterior, but also some of the aspects of Sirius (dark part of Celianne), hence Fudo's allusion about what comes with sweetness (think Powerpuff Girls: sugar, spice, and everything nice). That means that someone else has the other light and dark parts of Celianne: love/life & jealousy/destruction. From this analysis, I'd say that we're not looking at reincarnation in the style of the previous series where good/bad were entirely character limited, but that Celianne (and we can probably start applying this to Apollonius and other possible reincarnates) was cut in half both with the good and the bad in each half but I don't think the levels are evenly split. (Once more) Going back to Fudo's allusion, it ties into the tried and true proverb of judging a book by its cover (or if you will, tip of the iceberg) in that while Mikono is kind and sweet on the outside, the true depth of her character is not. (Rotten apple? Also ties into the fact that she appears to have no powers but Fudo illustrates that she contains nothingness.) If we go by that, then the other half of Celianne would need to be... Mix? She certainly fits the criteria: hard outside, definitely going to be mushy inside. (Could also, totally, be Donar. He's quite literally hard on the outside but he's a lover at heart! Epic troll! Final pairing Amata*Donar!)

----------

Stepping away from the analysis for a breath.

I have no idea why Fudo decided to place Zessica in their group, though, as preventing/tempering "love" would have been far more successful with Cayenne as he'd have been the best balance (isn't that what the third pilot of the group is for? And without Zessica, Mikono would have been all super happy and nice to Amata, fostering their relationship in a healthy way. No jelly involved, and no spikes at the end that threaten everything.). Zessica only ended up doing two opposite extremes from bringing out Mikono's edgier jelly side, and then catalyzing an almost over-the-top love reaction between Amata and Mikono on the roof as well as involving Kagura for an actual over-the-top reaction (getting Amata to react to her also counts but that was more of an in the middle and forgettable detail for now).

The end left me a bit confused, though, if, according to Fudo, its not "love" then why is the Aquarion reaction called "Forbidden Lovers"? If its not "love" then forbidding them from being lovers is an oxymoron, no?
Old 2012-01-29, 22:08   Link #645
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
The problem isn't whether or not he caught her before she fell to the ground, unless you mean he ran off after she fell unconscious at his feet. (which I doubt) It's that she's completely helpless at his feet, literally, 'cause of the dang bands. >.> And I don't think Amata has much of a chance of fighting off Kagura, so if he wants to take her then there's little stopping him.
Yes, I know. I said as much in the post you quoted.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 22:26   Link #646
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The end left me a bit confused, though, if, according to Fudo, its not "love" then why is the Aquarion reaction called "Forbidden Lovers"? If its not "love" then forbidding them from being lovers is an oxymoron, no?
Well there is a difference between love and lust. Hence the NTR jokes.

As exemplified by Andy and Sazanka giving in to their lust electrocutes them.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 22:31   Link #647
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well there is a difference between love and lust. Hence the NTR jokes.

As exemplified by Andy and Sazanka giving in to their lust electrocutes them.
Then that means that Mikono was lusting after Kagura? Isn't that a bit quick, even for her, or did she just get slapped by love at first lick or something.
Old 2012-01-29, 23:02   Link #648
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, maybe I should try that... walk, rather, flip gloriously in front of some random cute girl and lick her hand then say that she stinks deliciously...

Well, it's more humane than the caveman method...

Amata, you're an idiot, how many times did you say 'Mikono-san' inside the last five 5 minutes...#_# Dumb kid...
Old 2012-01-29, 23:28   Link #649
mayumi

Mikono-san is his destiny. Leave him alone
I wish the show focus a bit more on what the pilots elements are. I want to see zessica's. I have seen enough of amata's. What about mix hole covering element.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 23:55   Link #650
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I just can't stop laughing at at Deava's attempt to stop romance I know it's important for controlling Aquarion, but I can't help that it feels kinda stupid too lol

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 00:32   Link #651
justsomeguy

Now then, is it actually love that makes Aquarion go berserk, or an imbalance among the pilots' relationships? We don't get to see what the other girl was doing while Donar and his girl were being lovey-dovey. Maybe she was raging.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 00:55   Link #652
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hehe, this episode was full of laughs for me.

Silly adults, trying to stop love from happening is like trying to stop the world from rotating. Love knows no bounds, breaks barriers and transcends time...for some.

I thought the people that were going to get most of the electric shocks were going to be all the boys, but wow a lot of the girls too got shocked. Them young ones are getting some very rough love going.
Old 2012-01-30, 00:56   Link #653
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Just rewatched #4 while waiting for #5 (thanks to slow connection XP). And I just realized the first time Jin revealed himself, he said "shoutai fumei no showtime", part of "Go Tight!" lyric
They abducted bless4 to Altair/Althea too?
Old 2012-01-30, 00:58   Link #654
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yeah, I had to admit that I found the girl with Cayanne and Shrade to be hilarious.

And I knew it, Mix/Andy was bound to happen. XD But the frog thing with them is kinda disturbing... >.>
Old 2012-01-30, 01:05   Link #655
Akarin

Stop being so sexy, MIX!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I wish the show focus a bit more on what the pilots elements are. I want to see zessica's. I have seen enough of amata's. What about mix hole covering element.
Zessica's element power is elasticity, she can stretch, deform, expand, and contract her limbs, torso, and neck.

j/k

Maybe her element power is related to fire (Aquarion evol fire palm in episode 1).

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-01-30 at 01:48.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 01:07   Link #656
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

great ep was great. it developed a bunch of characters while being entertaining at the same time. the frog thing i found hilarious. its so "what the heck" that i don't even think twice about it. Andy and Mix will be good. once he manages to break through to her, that'll be an interesting one. Cayanne, Shrade and Sazanka are hilarious too. the amount of suggested BL is overwhelming there. haha...

Zessica and Andy are having a bit of fun, but Zessica is probably just doing it to help develop Mikono. interesting cliff hanger. don't know where they can go from here.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 01:11   Link #657
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Stop being so sexy, MIX!
... The dilemma, oh the dilemma...! Zessica is so sexy here, but...

*Grabs Sazanka's fangirling before any comrades are taking it* Q_Q

(And there goes my overnight DL, slipping out since my computer decided to go crap on me... Why didn't I just torrent it...?)

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 01:16   Link #658
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Then that means that Mikono was lusting after Kagura? Isn't that a bit quick, even for her, or did she just get slapped by love at first lick or something.
It was explained that she was zapped since apparently meeting Kagura was a "forbidden meeting", the reason for which we'll probably find out next week.

Ep 5 was freaking hilarious The only people that seem to be unaffected are Cayenne, Shrade, Mix, and Zessica. We all know mix is gonna end up with Andy and I have no idea whether Kawamori would go with a Cayenne x Shrade pairing (Sazanka would be squealing 24/7 ), so that leaves me to wonder what type of guy Zessica has in her future...I'm guessing Cayenne at this point?

And the Kagura/Amata/Mikono thing...seeing as how Amata and Mikono are bound to fall in love, maybe Kagura's presence tempers it so that Aquarion doesn't go berserk? I'm more leaning towards them discovering the underlying reason for berserk mode and eventually finding a way to overcome it.

Ps: Props to whoever guessed a couple pages back about the commander
Old 2012-01-30, 01:59   Link #659
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Do keep in mind that Mikono was already on the verge of being emotionally high when she was with Amata, hence the ring glowing quite well and ready to zap her. Kagura's actions simply pushed her over the edge, initiating said electric punishment. It's more surprised embarrassment than lust from that point of view

I do like that the preview finally shows us the third (and last) of the new Aquarion's forms, which seems to be the equivalent to Aquarion Mars of being a sword fighter. This time however, it now carries a shield formed from the Aquarion Evol's wings.

Spoiler for Size:

Also, found this quite delectable image:

Spoiler for Let's mix things up a bit:

The discovery that the character designer for Oreimo is responsible for the girls of EVOL does not help in making me think MIX has Kirino vibes

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 02:06   Link #660
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for OVA on the three pilots and Vectors:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction