AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-07-28, 21:51   Link #3741
Fantasy-Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Season 2 for Saki is slated for spring of 2014 if I recall right.
Just checked Saki wiki on that LOL silly me

So yeah... we have 9 months until spring in April so... 18 chapter? We can cover semi-final I guess but final will be written in the same time as Zenkoku-hen aired...
Fantasy-Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 22:57   Link #3742
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy-Magician View Post
Just checked Saki wiki on that LOL silly me

So yeah... we have 9 months until spring in April so... 18 chapter? We can cover semi-final I guess but final will be written in the same time as Zenkoku-hen aired...
And when has Ritz ever been able to make every deadline for months? I think it's more likely Zenkoku-hen will only cover up to end of SF, leaving final and individuals for S3. If we're lucky, by the time Zenkoku-hen starts, we'll have started the SF Captain match. More likely, we'll be in the middle to near end of Vice-Captain and Ritz will have to race the anime (and the anime may overtake the manga near the end episodes as it did for S1 Saki).
Old 2013-07-29, 00:22   Link #3743
The Green One

Well rounds where the players aren't skipped seem to usually run 4-6 chapters on average, though Saki's round will probably get more. Assuming we don't hit a huge break, *knocks on wood*, it's probable we'll be starting Saki's round or ending Nodoka's round by the time spring rolls around.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 00:42   Link #3744
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
And when has Ritz ever been able to make every deadline for months? I think it's more likely Zenkoku-hen will only cover up to end of SF, leaving final and individuals for S3. If we're lucky, by the time Zenkoku-hen starts, we'll have started the SF Captain match. More likely, we'll be in the middle to near end of Vice-Captain and Ritz will have to race the anime (and the anime may overtake the manga near the end episodes as it did for S1 Saki).
And as it did for Achiga as well. It's nothing surprising at this point; nearly simultaneous releases with the manga as the anime nearly overtakes the source material is standard operating procedure for Saki at this point. I see no reason why we should expect Zenkoku-hen not to follow the same pattern in order to give us a proper two cours/QF + SF adaptation.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 06:45   Link #3745
Fantasy-Magician

Quote:
Achaaa~ but fortunately S1 is done well even though it overtake the manga so hopefully it will be the same case for S2
But in S1 ending we have seen glimpse of Vanguard match in Final round so we can hope for final round hopefully...

But it's strange I am looking forward for SF captain match more than final captain match... thanks for that! Achiga-hen~
Old 2013-07-29, 07:21   Link #3746
Arcorann

I have a question re: Chapter 67. When the Eisui team are watching Kiyosumi's match Komaki seems to make a reference to how they came from a prefecture where only 20 schools participated - but we can see in the early chapters that there are actually 58. Is this a translation error, am I reading this wrongly, or is there an actual mistake in the original text?
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 07:34   Link #3747
yuu-nee

Everyone, may I ask something about mahjong? What the meaning of yakuman TEHNO (Heavenly hand)? Thank you I'm beginner
yuu-nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 08:09   Link #3748
Fantasy-Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcorann View Post
I have a question re: Chapter 67. When the Eisui team are watching Kiyosumi's match Komaki seems to make a reference to how they came from a prefecture where only 20 schools participated - but we can see in the early chapters that there are actually 58. Is this a translation error, am I reading this wrongly, or is there an actual mistake in the original text?
No you're not reading it wrong although I doubt it's translation error as writing for 58 and 20 are completely different. A mishap in Ritz-sensei part probably...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuu-nee View Post
Everyone, may I ask something about mahjong? What the meaning of yakuman TEHNO (Heavenly hand)? Thank you I'm beginner
Tenhou refer to a yakuman, in condition you manage to complete your hand by the first initial 14 tiles when you're a dealer/oya/sit on East
When you're not in East, it's Chihou (Earthly hand) and Renhou (humanly hand) is by first discard.
I got hit by a Renhou once, lucky me~
http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html just visit this game for more basic info or just look at wiki. But to know better of mahjong you'd better play.
Old 2013-07-29, 10:13   Link #3749
yuu-nee

Thumbs up tenhou

oh, arigatou ne. I don't know the explanatoin was in gamedesign.jp
yuu-nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 15:27   Link #3750
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

are there any news whatsoever about the main manga?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 16:12   Link #3751
King-Slayer

Age of Dawn officially released! pretty awesome that we get to see more of Hayari's personality and see the others outside of mahjong. Kinda curious on who the new girl is. We know that she's likely part of Hayari's team but nothing else. I think if they don't rush the spinoff should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
are there any news whatsoever about the main manga?
Chapters out Friday so the spoilers should be sometime later tonight or tomorrow night. Never can tell with spoilers.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 19:21   Link #3752
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Also we learn in this chapter that Harue and Arata actually sleep together. Aside from the obvious Hayarin x Yoshiko stuff. Are we SURE Ritz doesn't read /u/, because the latter is obviously something started by the fans (remember, before this, neither of them appeared together on-panel).
Old 2013-07-30, 20:54   Link #3753
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Hayari and Yoshiko were together in the Usuzan team intro chapter in the main manga. In verse, that occurs after this spin off chapter but out of verse, that chapter appeared early July.
Old 2013-07-30, 21:02   Link #3754
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Hayari and Yoshiko were together in the Usuzan team intro chapter in the main manga. In verse, that occurs after this spin off chapter but out of verse, that chapter appeared early July.
No, fans have been shipping them WAY longer than that. And they were only shown together when Usuzan vows to knock Hayarin off her pedestal and put a new idol in her place.
Old 2013-07-30, 23:37   Link #3755
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Also we learn in this chapter that Harue and Arata actually sleep together.
Isn't it great, Arata? And there's no better way to boost her yuri power for the match against Nodoka. I wonder what kind of extra reward she got for her performance in the semis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Are we SURE Ritz doesn't read /u/, because the latter is obviously something started by the fans (remember, before this, neither of them appeared together on-panel).
Both /u/ and /a/ have had future sight for yuri related stuff lately, this is a fact. Just ask any precure fan.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 04:00   Link #3756
Arcorann

Quote:
OK, I worked it out. The original text is たとえ地区大会が20校の県だとしても鹿児島の決勝で当たった方々と同じくらいは勝ち抜いてきた…というこ とでしょう, which as far as I can tell states even if (as opposed to even though) only 20 schools had participated, so it is a translation error.
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 09:05   Link #3757
Fantasy-Magician

Quote:
OK, I worked it out. The original text is たとえ地区大会が20校の県だとしても鹿児島の決勝で当たった方々と同じくらいは勝ち抜いてきた…というこ とでしょう, which as far as I can tell states even if (as opposed to even though) only 20 schools had participated, so it is a translation error.
Do you mean this part is a translation error or the translation for the start of regional tournament arc? If it's the latter it's unlikely as Nagano indeed have 58 schools participating.
In anime Mako explicitly said their region has 58 (Gojyuuu Hachi) schools participating which was less/around one third of bigger region like Osaka or Tokyo.
So far region that confirmed have less school than Nagano is Nara for Achiga, they only have 32.
Old 2013-07-31, 11:46   Link #3758
Marina2

Is it possible that the mysterious new girl = the legendary demon lord of Mahjong ( The World #1)

or

maybe she is Saki's mother.
Old 2013-07-31, 12:28   Link #3759
Fantasy-Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Is it possible that the mysterious new girl = the legendary demon lord of Mahjong ( The World #1)

or

maybe she is Saki's mother.
Mrs. Miyanaga LOL

That would be awesome although....
the world number one suppose to be a foreigner if comment about how Kokaji Sukoya who used to be world number 2 until she fell from ranking for the lack of participation in competition that concerned the world ranking was undefeated in Japan.
Old 2013-07-31, 13:56   Link #3760
night_sentinel

Leaks for the next chapter is out. And look Mako's match is going to take more than 1 chapter. Finally!

Spoiler for ...:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri