AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-10-26, 09:56   Link #81
xAdvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Not "Sannin" mode. "Sennin" (hermit) mode. And Sannin means "three shinobi" not "master".
yea its funny how alot of people cant read i just wanna yell at all the people that call it sannin mode... as if all three sannin have there own mode lol The Legendary sannin simply translates into The Legendary Three
xAdvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 10:54   Link #82
neji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
I'm surprised most of you already assume they are his other bodies. They might just be summons as well.
Well No Disrespect but i think my opinion holds more merit. Its Rather Illogical to Assume The contrary knowing what we know of his technique needing 30% chakra to make those Summons functional. Im assuming thats what you were implying with the summoning. Feel free to correct me if am mistaken.

Last edited by neji-kun; 2007-10-26 at 11:50.
neji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 12:35   Link #83
rpgkiller999

Just read 376, the battle was not the focus point in this chapter but the prophecy that was given to Jiraya by the master toad thing. For some reason I think the prophecy is referring to Naruto not Pein.

Spoiler for The master toad prophecy:
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 12:57   Link #84
kodok_balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
judging so far in this fight, does itachis conversation with kisame during the great escape about fightin jiraiya is truth???

how many bodies are currently fightin jiraiya? is it still pein 1on1 or is it pein with multiple bodies standing aside while 1on1? i dont think pein can mass attack in pairs....why is he dragging this out?
IMO i think indeed its true, both itachi and kisame are no match for jiraiya. it is well stated by them. so no need for us to argue that itachi is invincible sh*t.
kodok_balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 13:18   Link #85
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnos007 View Post
I think Sannin Mode is a misconception. I find it hard to believe there is a "Sannin Mode" that the frogs know how to do. Sannin means master. Master mode????.... Not only that but Sannin is merely a title that Hanzou gave Jiraiya, Orochi and Tsunade.
Oh. I ment "sennin" mode.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 16:11   Link #86
Mists

[QUOTE=rpgkiller999;1221784]Just read 376, the battle was not the focus point in this chapter but the prophecy that was given to Jiraya by the master toad thing. For some reason I think the prophecy is referring to Naruto not Pein.

Very nice idea....so not quite Star Wars. Pain claims to protect the world so maybe wants to rid of Naruto, Jiaraya thinks Pain is this child while it could be Naruto, though wouldn't the key frog ever suspect him then?

Maybe that's why Jiaraya really didn't want to train Naruto then. But then again after this prophecy Jiaraya trained so many students including the 4th.......any of those could have been the balance changer in the naruto world.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 16:26   Link #87
shaselai

[QUOTE=Mists;1222027]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999 View Post
Just read 376, the battle was not the focus point in this chapter but the prophecy that was given to Jiraya by the master toad thing. For some reason I think the prophecy is referring to Naruto not Pein.

Very nice idea....so not quite Star Wars. Pain claims to protect the world so maybe wants to rid of Naruto, Jiaraya thinks Pain is this child while it could be Naruto, though wouldn't the key frog ever suspect him then?

Maybe that's why Jiaraya really didn't want to train Naruto then. But then again after this prophecy Jiaraya trained so many students including the 4th.......any of those could have been the balance changer in the naruto world.
Maybe the students Jiraiya trained before naruto weren't "special"? I mean pein has the Rinnegan which is apparently extremely rare, his other students seem all "blah" in terms of inherited abilities/bloodline limits - at least that is what's shwon to us. Naruto has an evil fox inside him which should be reason enough for Jiraiya to heed the prophecy and not train him, at least formally. Well it is nice knowing Jiraiya since pretty much all chars with lenghty flashbacks etc. died or very seriously injured soon after...
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 16:43   Link #88
MrRamen_

Jiraiya sama is on his way to turning to a toad. Ninja toads are way too cool. I think better than the wimpy ninja turtles.

Pein looks like he summoned 2 more of himself.. What a battle this is turning out to be. I wish Naruto butts in and fight too. Make himself useful and test his mettle

MrRamen_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 16:51   Link #89
shaselai

Are toads in japanese folklore supposed to be "powerful"? Most of the narutoverse summons are originated from "harmless animals"...
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 16:56   Link #90
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999 View Post

Spoiler for The master toad prophecy:
I agree with you.
Spoiler for manga:
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 17:11   Link #91
Schuyler

Jiraiya please don't die, your to cool *cries*
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 17:27   Link #92
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Finally we get to see Jirya at some kind of serious power lvl. Don't know if oro could survive fighting this lvl. It's really hard to guage how tough these nin are post timeskip. It's obvious right now that Sasuke could beat Kakashi, but kakashi couldn't beat Kakuzu, but naruto could (thou I don't think naruto could beat kakashi) WTF? I know this is supposed to be rock paper scisors, but comon. The series is getting really sloppy lately.

On a pluss note Itachi, Madara, and Pein all look like promising badies. It's pretty obvious that pein isn't using all his jutsu yet, but J man is gonna bring the rain.
Old 2007-10-26, 17:32   Link #93
Ero-Senn1n

I'm sure the two summoned bodies are not from those 5 bodies. Pein could have simply summoned his current body and unsummoned the first one if it were true. Those 5 bodies probably don't have a mind, so they cannot act as summons, they are just Pein's bodies and not individual humans that can be summoned. Pein has already shown that he can make perfect copies when team Gai removed the seals (i'm assuming that the seals that guarded the cave where Gaara was brought was Pein's work). Pein could also make perfect copies of Itachi and Kisame. So it could be that these two summoned are two former akatsuki members which already died.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 17:44   Link #94
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Not a bad chapter, personally I hoped for more action from the looks of it, the next one is either going to be packed with action or, the summons from Pain will be explained maybe with some past flashbacks from Pain as well. In any case I don’t think the Great Sage's prophecy could not be any more clearer. He tells Jiraiya,

"OldToad: YOU will be their master. Their teacher.
And eventually, you will be forced to make a difficult choice."

The word "their" indicates that the "child of destiny" means one will be left, in other words as far as we know Jiraiya had 3 pupils Pain, Naruto, Minato. Minato is dead, Pain was thought to be dead, and Naruto is and, most likely will be the last. His choice is simple either Pain dies or Naruto dies, his choice is to let one of them live while killing the other. Depending on what choice he makes, will decide the fate of the word. Don’t jump to the conclusion and think by killing either or it is a sure guarantee that Jiraiya is making the right choice, for all we know killing Pain might be the wrong one simply because of Naruto's Kyubi factor. So don’t think that Naruto is the one who will bring peace on earth (I can’t believe I am saying that, but who knows what Kishimoto has planned). None the less, one lives while the other dies and, the one that lives will be the destined child UNLESS Jiraiya picks up another student after Naruto, which in my opinion would create another destined child and he would be forced to make the same decision again. None the less, as Jiraiya already stated "Has the time for me to make my choice finally come?" pretty much tells you Jiraiya has no desire to take on another student.

As for Pain's summons, I think that is exactly what they are just summons, unless Pain can project him self in more then one body at the same time, I don't see it being his bodies. However, due to the Akatsuki gear on the summons another possibility is, Pain summoned them because he plans to enter either or, it is possible he is tired of his current body and has realized his repeated attempts with a summoned creature will only fail, especially now. So he plans to use a new body and, I think once he enters one of the summoned bodies he will either un-summon the remaining two or seal them using a scroll. However, this out come is the least likely, but since its a speculation I thought I would throw it out there.

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-10-26 at 17:57. Reason: Typo.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 17:57   Link #95
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
"OldToad: YOU will be their master. Their teacher.
And eventually, you will be forced to make a difficult choice."

The word "their" indicates that the "child of destiny" means one will be left, in other words as far as we know Jiraiya had 3 pupils Pain, Naruto, Minato.
Don't look too much into the word choice. "Their" was used for gender-neutrality rather than to indicate more than one pupil.

The wording in Japanese can refer to either one student or many. But I think it was only meant to refer to one.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 18:08   Link #96
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:

As for Pain's summons, I think that is exactly what they are just summons, unless Pain can project him self in more then one body at the same time, I don't see it being his bodies. However, due to the Akatsuki gear on the summons another possibility is, Pain summoned them because he plans to enter either or, it is possible he is tired of his current body and has realized his repeated attempts with a summoned creature will only fail, especially now. So he plans to use a new body and, I think once he enters one of the summoned bodies he will either un-summon the remaining two or seal them using a scroll. However, this out come is the least likely, but since its a speculation I thought I would throw it out there.
Or Pein's bodies could be like Tayuya's summons, who have to be controlled like puppets. They can react and attack, but have no real personalities or consciousness until Pein enters one of their minds. But like Ero-Senn1n mentioned, they could be past Akatsuki (maybe ones we haven't even seen) brought back to life through Tensai. However, the black bolts seen on the right one's neck makes me think that these are two of his bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Don't look too much into the word choice. "Their" was used for gender-neutrality rather than to indicate more than one pupil.

The wording in Japanese can refer to either one student or many. But I think it was only meant to refer to one.
In other words, what was meant is that one of Jiraiya's pupils could bring peace or destruction, not that one will bring peace and the other destruction right?
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 18:22   Link #97
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
I think my wording confused you a bit however, see what I am trying to state is Jiraiya does not have only one choice to make but, the same choice goes for each and everyone of his students. I believe only ONE of jiraiyas students can and, will bring either destruction / peace to the world. Meaning, it is ultimately up to him to decide which one of his students will live and which ones will die. What you are stating, some what conflicts with Jiraiya's situation seeing as he has three students alive right now, not one. Unless you are stating that Pain is definitely the destined child (at this point I say show me the proof) and, Naruto was only taken up as a pupil because Pain was thought to be dead? That does not make sense seeing as Jiraiya took up Minato and the (two unknown students) and, lets not forget Shouna (who is still alive) and, Yahiko as his pupil as well (obviously at the time Jiraiya surely knew Yahiko, Nagato, and Shouna was still alive when he decided to take up Minato and the unknown two). That is why I figured the prophecy could not be referring to one child simply (yes one destined child but, the situation being more then once), only because, surely there is no way for Jiraiya to know which one of his pupils is the destined child. Ma toad says "He is the "destined child"?" (with a question mark) after Jiraiya states "for starters he is one of my former students" and, that is just not good enough for me seeing as Jiraiya has more then one student.

By my count, he had 7 (Minato, and two unknown students, Pain, Yahiko, Shouna, Naruto) assuming the only ones to live are Naruto, Pain, and, Shouna would definitely mean killing Pain and, Shouna. However, if Jiraiya knows 100% that the destined child is Pain then he could just do away with Pain and leave Shouna alone no? Same would go for Naruto, and the unknown two students from the genin group (who we don't know if they are still alive or dead). This is why I stated that I feel Jiraiya would have to make this choice more then once, including for Naruto because I don’t believe Jiraiya knows 100% which one of his students was meant to be the destined child. My point was though, Killing Pain doesn’t guarantee it because no one can predict if Pain will ever change or, not. At the moment he is "evil" yes, however killing him does not guarantee Jiraiya's prophecy is fulfilled, simply because he has more then one student and, people change. Pain can change, Shouna can change, and, so can Naruto, not to mention Naruto's Kyubi factor, surely that could bring distruction to the world if it ever becomes free.

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-10-26 at 18:44.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 18:40   Link #98
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
poor j man. killing a former student at the price of his own. i sense a 3rd flashback or maybe we will get a nice little 4th flashback before he goes death god.
Old 2007-10-26, 18:44   Link #99
Mists

What if there was some strange deluded twist that Jiaraya actually killed Minato because he survived the Kyubi seal? Think about it, the seal was supposed to take the life of the sealer into his/her own body as the 3rd said, but Minato sealed it in his son.

At this point Jiaraya probably thought the rain nins he trained was dead, noticed the true power and regurgitated the same lines "I guess this must be the time to choose".

A bit overblown I guess, but it would be a crazy twist if Jiaraya is the famous 'student-ninja-killer'

What if he killed Minato's partners? What if he's actually insane and that's why lives the Hermit life?
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 18:54   Link #100
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
In other words, what was meant is that one of Jiraiya's pupils could bring peace or destruction, not that one will bring peace and the other destruction right?
Yes

Quote:
I think my wording confused you a bit however, see what I am trying to state is Jiraiya does not have only one choice to make but, the same choice goes for each and everyone of his students. I believe only ONE of jiraiyas students can and, will bring either destruction / peace to the world.
Okay, just making sure cause other people have made the mistake of taking the wording too literally
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote