AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-10-26, 19:12   Link #101
tkdtiger

I wonder if Jiraiya would actually let himself be killed in the end...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 19:27   Link #102
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
I wonder if Jiraiya would actually let himself be killed in the end...
Why would he do that? At this point in the story theres no one form konoha at his power except maybe Tsunade, but form what she did in the sannin battle im a little skepticle of how poerfull she actually is.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 19:35   Link #103
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Why would he do that? At this point in the story theres no one form konoha at his power except maybe Tsunade, but form what she did in the sannin battle im a little skepticle of how poerfull she actually is.
Well with all this talk of the chosen one I wonder if Jiraiya would do something similar to what Star Wars did with Obi Wan and have himself killed so that Naruto will seek greater knowledge or something of that sort...hmmm...too many star wars referances in these discussions lately lol
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 19:43   Link #104
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Unless you are stating that Pain is definitely the destined child (at this point I say show me the proof)
Well, there was Jiraiya's description of Pein's Rinnegan in chp 373:

"They were called the tools of heaven.. a tool of God that would bring salvation when the world was in chaos or weapon that would destroy creation..."

That sounds like "destined child" material to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
..hmmm...too many star wars referances in these discussions lately lol
Indeed. Star Wars references, too many there are...
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 19:45   Link #105
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Well with all this talk of the chosen one I wonder if Jiraiya would do something similar to what Star Wars did with Obi Wan and have himself killed so that Naruto will seek greater knowledge or something of that sort...hmmm...too many star wars referances in these discussions lately lol
I think Pein is the one the toad was speaking of when he was telling Jiraiya about the prophecy. I know its a little too obvious but it coudnt possibly be Naruto. I mean come on, with the exception of the FRS, compared to everyone else at this point in the manga Naruto pretty weak. His current status as a genin and reflects it. Besides, in Star Wars Luke was naturally gifted like his father but in Narutos case he didn't recieve anything from his father except blond hair and blue eyes.

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-10-27 at 11:41.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 19:59   Link #106
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

its odd to me that jiraiya has this prophecy, then meets this kid with the crazy eyes, then chooses to train him, and then leaves him alone.

He certainly doesn't do that with naruto, who had less potential.

Its mindboggling: you get a prediction that is 100 percent true that you will have an uber student who could destroy the world or save it, you meet this student and are quite sure he's the one the prophecy refers to, and then you just let him go off on his own? No sane person would do that.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 20:30   Link #107
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Well, there was Jiraiya's description of Pein's Rinnegan in chp 373:

"They were called the tools of heaven.. a tool of God that would bring salvation when the world was in chaos or weapon that would destroy creation..."

That sounds like "destined child" material to me.
Yea well, so does the Kyubi's release (destruction) or Naruto's "Strange power" (peace / revolution). However, I don’t want to go there because, I don't like the fact that you are stating a person needs something as powerful as "a tool of god" to make a difference in the world so, it must be Pain that is the destined child. Sorry, but I don’t believe that is so, the world is just not that simple, especially not in the Narutoverse.

Not to mention, we both know that only one of his students will bring either peace / destruction to the world, do you honestly believe that the Manga will end it this way, in terms of this huge revelation of some prophecy? That, the prophecy was fulfilled because the "destined child" was found to be evil, hence forth killed? I don’t think so, not when this Manga is all about setting a good example. As I stated people change, hence I don’t believe it is possible for Jiraiya to know precisely because Pain was never "evil" to start with it is his experiences that made him who he is today and, Naruto is not exactly full proof due to the Kyubi factor. Lets also not ignore that, Jiraiya not only says "For starters he is my former student" which indicates to me he is no where near sure only that he knows its a possibility because Pain is a former student of his and, even the two toads who Jiraiya compares him self next to as a tadpole, one of them says "He is the "destined child"?" with a question mark. If the two toads did not know, if the great sage did not know, Jiraiya surely does not know.

So I'm sorry but, "tool of god" (Rinnegan), is just not good enough for me because, I believe Naruto also has the power to do both, bring distruction / peace to the world, Rinnegan or not. Just because some new doujutsu came out of the blue and is the most revered out of all three, does not mean we have to treat it the way most Sasuke fan boys / fan girls treat the Sharingan and the Uchiha. In any case, if Jiraiya defeats Pain then we will know the truth because he will be left to decide the fate of Shouna as well and, if Pain is the destined child as you believe then there should be no reason to kill Shuona especially after the death of the destined child, so we shall see.

Quote:
Indeed. Star Wars references, too many there are...
LMAO! Kishimoto, write a manga, better you can...
Old 2007-10-26, 20:59   Link #108
xAdvo

Quote:
If Pain is the destined child as you believe then there should be no reason to kill Shuona especially after the death of the destined child, so we shall see.
Sure there is... she is akutsuki she is the enemy its not like as soon as pein dies shes gonna be like oh noes i am good now jiraiya please spare me.. im pretty sure she will either try to flee or try to defeat a weakened jiraiya in which jiraiya will preceed to hand out a whooping to her flimsy oragami ass
xAdvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 21:19   Link #109
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAdvo View Post
Sure there is... she is akutsuki she is the enemy its not like as soon as pein dies shes gonna be like oh noes i am good now jiraiya please spare me.. im pretty sure she will either try to flee or try to defeat a weakened jiraiya in which jiraiya will preceed to hand out a whooping to her flimsy oragami ass
True I'll give you that, but fact is I'm not stating that Pain is not the destined child, I'm stating that Jiraiya does not know who it is and, Pain having the Rinnegan does not automatically mean he is the destined child. Yes, having the Rinnegan adds more percentage towards the possibility that he is, however, Naruto's Kyubi / "strange power" does the same toward his destiny. As it can go both ways, I would say it is a 50-50 between Pain and Naruto.
Old 2007-10-26, 21:43   Link #110
iBeast

This is probably going to be the longest fight of all Naruto thus far.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 22:01   Link #111
yangxu

This is more and more like the battle between Sandaime and Orochimaru... a teacher vs. a student, student calls forth 2 human summons, teacher's forced to fight all 3, and uses up his energy. In the end, the teacher fatally injures his student, and dies.... the will of fire lives on.

THE END.
yangxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 00:36   Link #112
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I'm beginning to wonder if the two summoned Akatsuki's are most likely to be that forbidden bunshin (human sacrifice) or Edo Tensei.
Old 2007-10-27, 03:20   Link #113
chitgoks

aint doing a large summon drain your chakra a lot? they sure missed this loophole
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 06:29   Link #114
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

no matter how many times i read this chapter, i truly belive the prophecy is talking about naruto (main charator its allways a plus) and the frogs prophecy can simply mean that pain is the one to distroy the world and naruto is the one to save it.
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 07:52   Link #115
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Quote:
. In any case, if Jiraiya defeats Pain then we will know the truth because he will be left to decide the fate of Shouna as well and, if Pain is the destined child as you believe then there should be no reason to kill Shuona especially after the death of the destined child, so we shall see.
What do you mean by 'shouna' or 'shuona'

The right body of the akatsuki summons looks to me a bit like hidan .. bah .. who knows
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 07:54   Link #116
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChojinLocke View Post
What do you mean by 'shouna' or 'shuona'

The right body of the akatsuki summons looks to me a bit like hidan .. bah .. who knows
well perhaps he meant konan? or whatever shes called
and yeh i thought that, but he couldnt summon or do an Edo tensei to get hidan because hidans alive :P
Davitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 07:57   Link #117
eyoy
All's stranger

Kishimoto is playin with you..he wants you to believe that the destined child is Pein from what the manga is going but it will actually be Naruto
eyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 09:01   Link #118
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
i really think that Naruto will end with like
a scene of Naruto standing on a mountain edge looking over on the havok he had caused and end it, as him being the new threat to konoha and the world
i thought it might end like this before and now about the prophecy backs it up
Davitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 09:22   Link #119
Hiking_Bear

I think Naruto is the chosen one. He's already started a revolution of peace. For example, he turned Zabuza into a good person in the end, and he also changed Gaara and made an ally out of the Sand village. Anyway, we know that there's no way that the prophecy of destruction will come true. But, the Jiraiya flashbacks are making me think that Jiraiya's going to die. This will set up a battle between Naruto and Pain.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 10:23   Link #120
David_The_Gnome
MR Claytard

I think it would a pretty badass plot twist if Pein was actually the one whose going to bring stability to the world with his plan, and Naruto was actually the evil one due to the Kyubi.

At the end when they finally kill Pein, Naruto unleashes the Kyubi and becomes the "Real" final boss. So all this time you thought he was the main character (the good guy)...then BAM main villian.

That would be one of the best plot twists ever...right up there with finding out Samus was a chick.
David_The_Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote