AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-02-15, 01:54   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrataro
So Windy Tales is in motion?
Slow motion is still motion, right?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 02:09   Link #22
SnowDragon01

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesAurivern
Updates:
Windy Tales
There have been some serious staff issues about who does what, when and where.
We're hoping to have things ironed out by the end of next week by encouraging people to be more cooperative.

Gallery Fake
As the current groups have not been particularly receptive at accepting assistance; with the assistance of one Mr. Soulfang, we at DigitalPanic are going to revive this project at where it was last left off.

A timer and raw provider is still needed on this.
Volunteers please contact me on irc.

It's still hawking. Let SpA finish their subs at their pace, practice what you preach.

:/
SnowDragon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 02:33   Link #23
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Yeah, Celes, don't be so... aggressive. I think these two projects are still making project and will be subbed sooner or later (I'm leaning more towards the "later", but it's better than nothing). The Windy Tales project has some flukes in coordination, yes, but you don't need to step in and assume control of the situation. Oh, and I'm not trying to be offensive - just defensive. Hopefully we'll get everything straightened out soon.
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 02:44   Link #24
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Actually, Celesaurivern is working with Nei at the moment for Windy Tales, so please don't feel too concerned.
Old 2006-02-15, 08:16   Link #25
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDragon01
It's still hawking. Let SpA finish their subs at their pace, practice what you preach.

:/
What is it that I'm supposed to be preaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
The Windy Tales project has some flukes in coordination...
Or rather, a lack of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runpsicat
Actually, Celesaurivern is working with Nei at the moment for Windy Tales, so please don't feel too concerned.
Speaking of which, it's nearly mid-week.
Several things are going to go into motion soon.
CelesAurivern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 17:32   Link #26
35044_Murasaki
SpA slave

Quote:
Updates:
[Gallery Fake
As the current groups have not been particularly receptive at accepting assistance; with the assistance of one Mr. Soulfang, we at DigitalPanic are going to revive this project at where it was last left off.

A timer and raw provider is still needed on this.
Volunteers please contact me on irc.
Erm... While neither SpA not Live-Evil have any exclusive rights to this series, are you sure that's the best way to handle it? Wouldn't it be better for the anime community if you picked a show that hasn't been taken yet at all, seeing that you seem to have resources to do that?
I don't mind "competition", I will surely learn something from your releases (*bows low to Live-Evil translator who handled so smoothly some tricky parts*). I'm just not sure if that's gonna earn you sympathy among other fansubbers.... But then again, I presume you know what you're doing and are aware of the risks involved.
35044_Murasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 19:37   Link #27
CelesAurivern
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki
Erm... While neither SpA not Live-Evil have any exclusive rights to this series, are you sure that's the best way to handle it?
I'm open to suggestions

Quote:
Wouldn't it be better for the anime community if you picked a show that hasn't been taken yet at all, seeing that you seem to have resources to do that?
I'm open to suggestions there, too.
Limited to shows with depth, catering to the mature audience, of course

Quote:
I don't mind "competition", I will surely learn something from your releases (*bows low to Live-Evil translator who handled so smoothly some tricky parts*).
I certainly dare not claim to be better than any one else.
All I can say is that we'll do it to the best of our limited ability.

Quote:
I'm just not sure if that's gonna earn you sympathy among other fansubbers.... But then again, I presume you know what you're doing and are aware of the risks involved.
I'm sure there are other fans and fanssubbers who love this show and are willing to help in any way that they can.
Please be assured, this is not a popularity contest. If it was we'ed be doing licensed, mainstream stuff in bulk

As for resuming stalled projects, we've done it with Zipang as Deph lacked the resources to carry on with the show.
Nevertheless, we acknowledge the good work they have done and are distibuting their work together with our, with their expressed permission, of course.
Old 2006-02-16, 00:29   Link #28
SnowDragon01

[QUOTE=CelesAurivern]What is it that I'm supposed to be preaching?

In other forum areas, I've seen you saying stuff such as this group hawks other projects, that is why they are a bad group, or that its wrong to hawk this project.

That is what I mean by practice what you preach, and to not be so aggressive towards other slow groups. Can you not follow your own lead. Also, as I stated in another part of this forum, your overfansubbing group, seems like a waste of resources, when it is obvious you can put those gret workers on other things. It also shows what a lack of respect you have towards the fansubbing community as a whole.

Personally, when I came to the forums and saw your post on the "fansubbers wanted" section of this forum, It made me sick to my stomach.
SnowDragon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 01:35   Link #29
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

In other news, Windy Tales 07 has been typeset. : D
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 02:13   Link #30
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome
In other news, Windy Tales 07 has been typeset. : D
Whoa! You go kodachrome! Now we just have to get it properly timed!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 02:39   Link #31
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Heck yes! I knew progress was being made!
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 07:45   Link #32
CelesAurivern
*Fansubber

Quote:
In other forum areas, I've seen you saying stuff such as this group hawks other projects, that is why they are a bad group, or that its wrong to hawk this project.
v. hawked, hawk·ing, hawks
v. intr.

To peddle goods aggressively, especially by calling out.

Could you link me to the post where I accuse people of hawking?
I don't really recall making such a statement, and I'd like to be made to eat those words, if they were ever said.

Quote:
Also, as I stated in another part of this forum, your overfansubbing group, seems like a waste of resources, when it is obvious you can put those gret workers on other things.
I'm sure the other 6 groups on Kashimashi share your sentiment

Quote:
It also shows what a lack of respect you have towards the fansubbing community as a whole.
This one is a stumper.
I'm only doing what everyone else in the community seems to be leaning towards in recent times; oversubbing.
I fail to see how that constitutes disrespect.

Quote:
Personally, when I came to the forums and saw your post on the "fansubbers wanted" section of this forum, It made me sick to my stomach.
Welcome to Fansubbing, the RPG
I'm sure you'll have a smashing time getting to know each and every one of the denizens.
Old 2006-02-16, 12:37   Link #33
35044_Murasaki
SpA slave

Quote:

I'm open to suggestions there, too.
Limited to shows with depth, catering to the mature audience, of course
Isn't there a whole thread in this forum devoted to projects that need continuation/picking up?

Quote:
As for resuming stalled projects, we've done it with Zipang as Deph lacked the resources to carry on with the show.
Nevertheless, we acknowledge the good work they have done and are distibuting their work together with our, with their expressed permission, of course.
I daresay there's a tiny difference. Taking over a project that the original team is not able to continue is praise-worthy and all that. However, taking on a series you know is continued by the groups first to pick it up is another matter altogether. Or am I just being nit-picky?

I understand that you and other members of anime community can't wait to see the next episode of Gallery Fake. I understand it even more as I love this show myself. But the last thing I would like for my fansubbing activities would be starting to resemble my real life with mad deadlines, heavy load of work etc. I fansub for fun.... And I would like it to remain so... Poking me to translate faster is welcome as it shows that people are genuinely interested in my fansub work... But that's about it. I work on Gallery Fake as much as I can. Which, I honestly admit, is not much as of late. Still we're crawling forward....
Old 2006-02-16, 15:49   Link #34
CelesAurivern
*Fansubber

Quote:
Isn't there a whole thread in this forum devoted to projects that need continuation/picking up?
Okay, here's the criterion mentioned earlier: "Limited to shows with depth, catering to the mature audience, of course"
Then let's look at the last few suggestions in said thread, omitting all the banter at the side.

Animal Yokocho: Talking stuffed animals, nuff said.

Windy Tales: Yes, that's something already set back in motion.

Magical Fairy Persia: The words "magic" and "fairy" do not exactly relate to the word "mature".

Dr. Rin: Yet another mahou+shoujo genre -_-

Yawara: Sports genre. Show is actively being carried out by LE-FB.

Galaxy Express 999: Other than the fact that I have no interest in Matsumoto Leiji space dramas, I'm under the impression this one might make it to Sylf's hands sometime.

Keroro Gunsou: This is slapstick and parody.

Yu-Gi-Oh Original: This one was made just to pimp the card game. In all seriousness...

Then the rest are old comments from 2004...

Quote:
However, taking on a series you know is continued by the groups first to pick it up is another matter altogether. Or am I just being nit-picky?

I understand that you and other members of anime community can't wait to see the next episode of Gallery Fake. I understand it even more as I love this show myself. But the last thing I would like for my fansubbing activities would be starting to resemble my real life with mad deadlines, heavy load of work etc. I fansub for fun.... And I would like it to remain so... Poking me to translate faster is welcome as it shows that people are genuinely interested in my fansub work... But that's about it. I work on Gallery Fake as much as I can. Which, I honestly admit, is not much as of late. Still we're crawling forward....
I can safely presume LE is not going to put out any more eps, though they free to prove me wrong.
No one is forcing you to throw all your spare time into this show. I know full well it's no walk in the park.

Okay, here's the stand:
Anyone who is reading this and is interested to see my associates carry out Gallery Fake, say aye.
If there is no public interest, we will not do a public release, i.e. internal only.

And would those with troll accounts refrain from commenting.
Old 2006-02-16, 17:13   Link #35
Cythraul

Quote:
Okay, here's the stand:
Anyone who is reading this and is interested to see my associates carry out Gallery Fake, say aye.
If there is no public interest, we will not do a public release, i.e. internal only.

And would those with troll accounts refrain from commenting.

Aye. I love Gallery Fake.

Sorry Murasaki & others at SpA, but unless you guys believe you can pick up the pace, I have to support someone else doing the show. I don't normally care too much about release speed, and I'm grateful for the work you have done, but at four episodes a year, it would be eight more years before you finish the series. And well, I don't know if you'll still be subbing in eight years, but I fully intend to be able to watch the raws long before that, so even if Celes doesn't sub it, eight years is longer than I will wait.

That said, it would be nice if this could be settled some way without hurting anyone's feelings, or other drama. I guess no matter what, some people will still dismiss me as an impatient, whiny leecher and condemn Celes (et al) as someone who peddles goods aggressively, or whatever. If it's someone not actually involved in this, I don't really care, but Murasaki, judging by your posts you don't exactly like what Celes proposes to do, and what I support. Again, sorry. I hope that you can at least forgive us, if nothing else, and still continue to enjoy fansubbing.
Cythraul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:39   Link #36
DaFool
Resident devil

Please come to some agreement, people. As long as you get it done. However I'm only following the Windy Tales part of this .

Yes, fansubbing is supposed to be fun, but it'll be more fun if something gets accomplished. For example, my unpainted full-scale remote-controlled Audi A4 has been sitting on my desk for weeks. I have bought the paints. I have all the modeling tools assembled. I have the electronics and soldering iron ready. I had started working on it a few months ago. I did some preliminary wiring. I cleaned the plastic shell. But week after week after week, it's just sitting their, its electronics exposed, gathering dust. Every weekend I keep aiming to put some work in, but every week I end up doing something else.

Now, imagine if an associate who shares my hobby walks in, sees my work so far, and offers to finish it? What do I do? If he finishes it, and does a good job, will I be jealous? Should I be jealous?

That's all the parables for today. Till next time, folks ^_^.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:53   Link #37
naka

Aye for wanting to see more of this show subbed...

with LE stalled on it for a year... and well 4 ep a year for a 37 ep total show (with last time frame between ep3 and 4 a 6month time in between), if a group can do it in a slightly faster pace, why not let them pick up where it was left off...

it's not like this show's oversubbed...
and the airing's long over already

and I think cele's main purpose of picking where it left off is to 'finish' it in a much relative reasonable pace instead of leaving it stalled/spanned over 5+years, and not about beating you in speed like a speedsub or in terms of quality work

this is why i appreciate dp's work on continuing shows like zipang, without them, it'll probably still be in ep6?
naka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 04:51   Link #38
35044_Murasaki
SpA slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cythraul
Murasaki, judging by your posts you don't exactly like what Celes proposes to do, and what I support. Again, sorry. I hope that you can at least forgive us, if nothing else, and still continue to enjoy fansubbing.
It's not that I dislike Celes' intention to work on this show or, as someone else suggested in this thread, I am jealous (sic!).
If anything, this whole discussion makes me aware how little time I can devote to fansubbing and how attached to that project I am. But that's not to say I don't want anyone else to sub it. I think I just don't want to see this project "taken over", but I'd rather see it started as a new project, if you get what I'm trying to say.

So, Celes, if you need help with raws/raw manga/anything else, you know where to find me
Old 2006-02-17, 07:52   Link #39
CelesAurivern
*Fansubber

Quote:
So, Celes, if you need help with raws/raw manga/anything else, you know where to find me
Thank you kindly. Much appreciated

Edit: To prevent resources from stretching out too thinly, GF will be on the holding list for now.
We'll get back to it after 1. Zipang, 2.Windy Tales is done.

Last edited by CelesAurivern; 2006-02-19 at 00:38.
Old 2007-02-27, 05:53   Link #40
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

It's now 1 year on since the initial drive to get a collaborative team together to sub Gallery Fake. I've been talking to CelesAurivern and we're relaunched the "appeal" if you will.

The old channel has been reopened: #necro-rise on rizon. We're actively looking for staff to support exisiting functions as well as the critical role of translator. Gallery Fake is a reasonably complex series in terms of vocabulary so we need first-rate translation skills.

We have the complete 32 volumes of RAW manga upon which the anime is based, which may help aid in translation of the anime.

Please hop in to #necro-rise if you think you can help in anyway. We're operating the project as a standalone rather than as a joint, we're not interested in credits, just getting this fantastic series out to the fans that want it so much.